Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Idea for a TWG

Kind of coming off of BDN's blue randomization, I thought of a concept for a TWG that would be interesting.

Let's say everyone has a static color. Green, red, blue are the only ones. Reds know eachother and can still wolf at night, but...

Everyone would gain a randomized persona with a different power! Every phase, every player would be given a power.
Some examples would be:
1. +1 vote
2. -1 vote
3. No power
4. Seer
5. Immunity

Obviously there would be a longer list, but at the moment it's just an idea. There would be only 1 edition of the special roles, and most of them would have no power.

THOUGHTS?
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89
Default Re: Idea for a TWG

I like that idea. It could stay simple for a jTWG or put into a more intricate game (I don't know how, but I'm sure someone could figure it out) for TWG.

Questionable Content
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

That's a fun idea for a TWG in general. It doesn't need to be tweaked as to which game it goes in. I'll put more thought into it later I'm so ****ed up right now. Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Sounds like my subtitute teacher role from the High-school hitlist game.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

The only thing I'm confused about is why is this a thread? Like, what is it? Is it a game you want to host and want feedback for? Or just an idea? I don't get it.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Well, as long as everyones sendin' ideas around, I think I'll take a crack at it myself...

Black Hole Rising

Black Hole (Reds)

Sturm - If 8 nights pass, his CO Power, Meteor Strike, activates and he can kill an additional 2 players that Night...

Flak - Brutal Wolf

Lash - Can switch to vote of one player, using Prime Tactics, during the lynch every other day. (Starting on Day 2) The person whose vote he/she wants to switch AND the target of the switched vote, the guy getting voted for, are PM'd to me the Night before. Place the TARGET of the vote in RED so I don't get confused, thanks...

Orange Star And Allies (Blues)

Sami - Vote is counted twice during the lynching phase. Also is counted as two humans**

Eagle - Same as Sami

Andy - Can Revive a player every 3 days (I.E. Night 4, then 7, then 10, ect...) The player revived is NOT told who revived them, and wolves can be revived as well...

Olaf - During Night 7, if he is still alive, night 7 is skipped...

The Troops (Greens)

7 Infantry

1 Mech - Revive will fail on him. Is not told he is the mech, is sent a msg that says something to the effect of "You're a troop" just like the other 7 greens...

**Sami and Eagle's counting as two people just means, on the off chance that there are, let's say, all three reds left, and Sami or Eagle are left with 2 other player, the game doesn't end, 2+1+1 = 4

^^
Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
rzr
TWG Veteran

14 players. 4 blues. 3 wolves. How on earth is that balanced? Besides, you're pretty much saying if they make it to night 8 they win. I mean, that's a possibility for what, 14 people to be dead already? Assuming there's a ton of blocked attacks, then you do make it to night 8. Assuming that particular wolf is left by night 8, two kills will end the game. Might as well just say if wolf x makes it to phase y, wolves win.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
rzr
TWG Veteran

Wait, never mind. There is no way to block attacks. So, all revives must be successful and... I mean, by night 8, assuming both possible revives are successful, you lose one player each phase already. So, you'll have like twelve dead players with all successful revives. If the game makes it that far, you'll have 2 possible alive players. The only way that can be true is if one is a wolf and one is a human. Why should the one wolf need three kills on night 8, when there's only one human? And even if it's not that wolf, game's over wolf wins anyway. And if it's one of the humans that counts for two, and that special wolf, his 3 kill number outnumbers the 2 human count, so the human dies. Unless, it doesn't work that way. Then, it's a KITB.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
Ruritsu
FFR Player

@Rzr: That was worded poorly, my bad, what I meant is that 2 people get killed, not an additional 2 people. Furthermore, and this is like only 90% my fault, when I said if 8 nights pass, I meant PASS, that means "Night 8 is now over" and then they'd have to wait till night 9...

I guess I should have been more clear, but I was posting from school, and had to make it fast, sorry...

Furthermore, the additional kill was only there in the first place, to make up for Olaf's turn which would suck away a possible wolf attack. I figure, I take it away, might as well give it back =/

I figured that the 4 blues were pretty useless powers. None of them could "come out" and they all are pretty weak anyway, so I figured as long as that was the case, wolves just had to avoid their deaths... >_> But, if you consider Sturm to be canceled out by Olaf, then that just leaves 3 blues on 3 wolves, with a remaining 8 humans, which I guess is a little unfair, so I think I'll turn Olaf into an infantry, and turn Sturm into a double voter like Sami and Eagle...

Maybe add another wolf? Would make total count 3 special wolves; 1 wolf; 3 blues; and 8 normal greens; and the 1 problem green...

Well, judge that one. Take two XD
Old 11-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
rzr
TWG Veteran

The problem still remains that it's impossible to make it that far. You can't get a 14 player game with only two revives up to day 8. Only assuming the revives go through. And adding a wolf doesn't really help. What it'll do is give the wolves an advantage. There'll be four wolves. So they'd need to last... Not very long before winning. I don't feel like figuring it out exactly. The only thing to do, really, is add a guardian and, in my opinion, eliminate the two weaker blues. A guardian is the only way the game could progress that far. Or adding more revive possibilities. And.. I forgot. I had something else to say. Oh yeah, the blues can come out. I mean, the best strategy for that would be this:

Weakest blue comes out. All other blues go to him. They form an alliance. Well& that's not the best strategy seeing that the blue could be a fake wolf, but you get my point. The blues can still come out. And if they do they form an alliance giving a HUGE advantage over the wolves. Unless you add that extra wolf and make the 4 blues have mason qualities. That would make up, kinda, for the traditional unbalance. Or nonbalance. Or inbalance. I don't know.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Ruritsu
FFR Player

I'm no longer worried about turn 8 Rzr, I just said, drag Olaf out and make Sturm a copy of Sami and Eagle...

Changes are below in Sienna

****Well, as long as everyones sendin' ideas around, I think I'll take a crack at it myself...

Black Hole Rising

Black Hole (Reds)

Sturm - Copy of Sami and Eagle

Flak - Brutal Wolf

Lash - Can switch to vote of one player, using Prime Tactics, during the lynch every other day. (Starting on Day 2) The person whose vote he/she wants to switch AND the target of the switched vote, the guy getting voted for, are PM'd to me the Night before. Place the TARGET of the vote in RED so I don't get confused, thanks...

1 Wolf

Orange Star And Allies (Blues)

Sami - Vote is counted twice during the lynching phase. Also is counted as two humans**

Eagle - Same as Sami

Andy - Can Revive a player every 3 days (I.E. Night 4, then 7, then 10, ect...) The player revived is NOT told who revived them, and wolves can be revived as well...

No Olaf

The Troops (Greens)

Additional 1 infantry...

7 Infantry

1 Mech - Revive will fail on him. Is not told he is the mech, is sent a msg that says something to the effect of "You're a troop" just like the other 7 greens...

**Sami and Eagle's counting as two people just means, on the off chance that there are, let's say, all three reds left, and Sami or Eagle are left with 2 other player, the game doesn't end, 2+1+1 = 4

^^****

As for the wolves having the advantage due to the 4th wolf, I can always just throw in more humans XD

Last edited by Ruritsu; 11-17-2008 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: For Rzr's reading comfort...
Ruritsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
rzr
TWG Veteran

Would you mind taking that out of BB quotes? I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass, it's just hard to read from my phone. It comes up like this:

S
o

y
e
a
h

t
h
i
s

i
s
n
'
t

e
a
s
y

t
o

r
e
a
d

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Like that I'm assuming, no?

Also: (Since I kinda jacked Roundbox's thread I might as well post on topic) I like the OP's game idea also, but what would happen if say, and I know its unlikely, 4 people got seer? It would totally suck in my opinion...

I personally would skew the odds a little out of the favor of particularly powerful roles...

Just an opinion though >.>

Last edited by Ruritsu; 11-17-2008 at 07:17 PM..
Ruritsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
rzr
TWG Veteran

Well, you seem to have over complicated Lash's role. That confused me at first. Too many unnecessary words. And something feels odd about 11:4. Or 15:5, depending on how you look at it. Other than that... Seems fine.

P.S. Andy will most likely use his power once.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #15
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

here we go:

randomization is a bitch unless everyone has a hint as to who got what at a given moment.
and that's tough if roles change with every phase.

edit: the perfect cure for issues with randomization is making a system that's as close to 'random' as can be. People giving active/passive effect items to other players can be tracked and give the illusion of unbiased selection to those who are out of the loop. Plus, that's always more fun anyway. Losing because the wrong person was randomly given a role sucks ass.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 11-18-2008 at 02:02 AM..
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #16
rzr
TWG Veteran

You know, this ignore list is amazing. I can't see a word you just said. Or Hooch earlier. I really should have done this a lot earlier on.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #17
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
You'd have to make the roles pretty general in order to avoid people asking the wolves "What exactly is your role?" and they couldn't answer if it was specific thus, exposing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
here we go:

randomization is a bitch unless everyone has a hint as to who got what at a given moment.
and that's tough if roles change with every phase.

edit: the perfect cure for issues with randomization is making a system that's as close to 'random' as can be. People giving active/passive effect items to other players can be tracked and give the illusion of unbiased selection to those who are out of the loop. Plus, that's always more fun anyway. Losing because the wrong person was randomly given a role sucks ass.
Because rzr should see these because they're actually important, even if he has to read them vertically (which honestly isn't that hard, just a bit slow).
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #18
rzr
TWG Veteran

Quality posts.

/thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

ooo, rzr approves of my posts. what an idiot, rofl.
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #20
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

CRITIQUE. Amazing! It only took 5, then 15 posts!

didn't think about role dependency. I'm pretty sure the more "unstable" roles would be left out (stuff like SK, brutal stuff).

Hooch, I have no idea what you're talking about to be honest. Let me clarify:
Nobody has external powers beyond their current, randomized state. They are but mere colored "shells". Any player can receive any power, regardless of their color.
And if I'm missing what you're trying to tell me then beat me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Or just an idea? I don't get it.
Thread title: Idea for a TWG
Idea for a TWG
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote