Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-1-2007, 05:43 PM   #61
.david
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Amateur Tier Points

I support this idea. I've been trying to get real TP's but there so hard. ATP's would be good motivation to get better. Hopefully this actually goes somewhere.
Tier Points - 327
.david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:09 PM   #62
Roy Campbell
Banned

With this system in place, I think that the current TPs should also be a very large number of ATPs. For example, 1 TP might be 11 ATPs, 2 TPs might be 16 ATPs, 6 TPs might be 42 ATPs, etc.... The ATP system would include all of the current tier requirements and a whole bunch of easier requirements. This would only make since for people who are really good at certain kinds of songs, people with a lot better speed than accuracy, and people just under tier 4 who can do some of the current tier requirements. Doing all this would exclude noone.

Of course the number of people on the ATP requirement system would be huge, so everyone would get a numerical rank of where they are on the list and maybe the top 100 or top 1000 people would be posted for everyone to see. In the ranking system, if there is going to be an amateur ranking system, the two TP lists could be combined to get an overall TP Ranking, comparing you with everybody who can make a requirement. You might could even see some of the people above and below you on the list.

Just like the TP system now, only some of the more common, well-synced files would be used in the ATP requirement system so that it wouldn't be required to play all of the songs; Thus there might just be several songs in each difficulty from Easiest to For Gurus Only.

These ideas could serve well as an addition to the current TP system or as a new TP system aside from the current TP system. If using all of the difficulties isn't too hard to code this could all work, otherwise maybe we could have a separate tier point system which only has the current requirements and somewhat easier requirements combined, maybe only going from Tricky to For Gurus Only songs for example.

I support adding easier songs one way or another, I think it would greatly encourage competition in FFR among lesser skilled players and be a great new addition to FFR, further increasing interest in the game and increasing gameplays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledwix View Post
I have a mole of amateur tier points lol.

Anyway, I discourage this. Tier Points are for upper-tier players. Amateur Tier Points are too broad; there are thousands of players to be included, and yet so many of them don't even care. Thus, the ATP system would be too inaccurate, IMO. I'm sure several of my friends who are inactive on this game could be pretty high up in this system but don't really play anymore and wouldn't be included.
Your Overall TP or ATP rank would show in FFR the Game and would be broken down in the FFR Statistics, showing you what ATPs you have and still need to earn.
Roy Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:16 PM   #63
.david
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

the reason good players dont like it is because they dont want to re-AAA easy songs. So having them get ATPs isnt a good idea. I think we should use the idea where u can only earn so many ATPs before u get sent to real TPs. And people already getting TPs wont be included.
Tier Points - 327
Old 08-1-2007, 06:18 PM   #64
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Which would mean that if you have >1 tier point, you cannot get any ATP's.
Old 08-1-2007, 06:20 PM   #65
Roy Campbell
Banned

That would be a very good reason not to combine both tier systems. If they are separate though, once someone has enough tier points on the TP system they would be taken off of the ATP system. Good players would not have to worry about AAAing easy songs with two separate systems because they wouldn't be on the ATP system. I believe it would take fourty TPs to be moved up, not one.

Edit: It takes 160 TPs to get to tier 4, so when you get 160 TPs you get moved up.

Last edited by Roy Campbell; 08-1-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Old 08-1-2007, 06:21 PM   #66
.david
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
Which would mean that if you have >1 tier point, you cannot get any ATP's.
No, I was trying to say that tier worthy people wouldnt be included. I have 8 tier points, but that wouldnt exclude me from ATPs cause im not tier worthy.
Tier Points - 327
Old 08-1-2007, 06:24 PM   #67
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Campbell View Post
That would be a very good reason not to combine both tier systems. If they are separate though, once someone has enough tier points on the TP system they would be taken off of the ATP system. Good players would not have to worry about AAAing easy songs with two separate systems because they wouldn't be on the ATP system. I believe it would take fourty TPs to be moved up, not one.
Damn it, I could have ruled the ATP system. If only it was 50 to move up. >=(
Old 08-1-2007, 06:26 PM   #68
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

I don't think ATPs should somehow be converted to TPs or TPs converted into ATPs. That would be lame

If this idea was implemented, would amateurs actually feel good about getting ATPs?

n00b to friend "Hey guess what? i got 35 amateur tier points"
friend "so that means your still an amateur?"

ATPs is an oxymoron to me XD

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:32 PM   #69
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
I don't think ATPs should somehow be converted to TPs or TPs converted into ATPs. That would be lame
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456
If this idea was implemented, would amateurs actually feel good about getting ATPs?
Yes, because with ATPs you can set goals and once you reach them you'll look back and be like "wow I've really improved". Signs of improvement feels good no matter what.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:32 PM   #70
Roy Campbell
Banned

Maybe it could be called something other than ATPs, maybe it would still be called TPs but be a separate list. Maybe it could be called the Skill Point system or something like that. The whole point of this is to legitimately rank lesser skilled players based off of pure skill, not to brag about not being an amateur. I'm sure it would also track progress very well.

Last edited by Roy Campbell; 08-1-2007 at 06:34 PM..
Old 08-1-2007, 06:35 PM   #71
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Campbell View Post
Maybe it could be called something other than ATPs, maybe it would still be called TPs but be a separate list. Maybe it could be called the Skill Point system or something like that. The whole point of this is to legitimately rank lesser skilled players based off of pure skill, not to brag about not being an amateur. I'm sure it would also track progress very well.
If both lists were called TP's, that would raise confusion. ATP is probably the best name for it.

So, here's what I gathered so far:

Amateur Tier Points:
-Gives people points for reaching certain goals on Songs that are rated 4-8 in diffuculty.
-After a user reaches a certain amount of REGULAR tier points, They would be removed from the ATP list.
-Once this list goes into effect, Users that already have more than x regular tier points cannot be put on the ATP list.

Last edited by GamerShadow; 08-1-2007 at 06:39 PM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:37 PM   #72
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

I've got an idea, which will have 9 lists. Kind of like a rating of 1-10, and you can move up one with each of their reqs, then all the reqs change at the next level to harder stuff. Now I just need to come up with 9 lists of tier points for this.
Old 08-1-2007, 06:40 PM   #73
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
I've got an idea, which will have 9 lists. Kind of like a rating of 1-10, and you can move up one with each of their reqs, then all the reqs change at the next level to harder stuff. Now I just need to come up with 9 lists of tier points for this.
I have a feeling that that is sarcasm you're using here. This is not the garbage bin. Get out of this board if you're going to be sarcastic.

If you're serious, make a new thread about it.
Old 08-1-2007, 06:40 PM   #74
Roy Campbell
Banned

Quote:
If both lists were called TP's, that would raise confusion. ATP is probably the best name for it.

I agree that this could probably happen, which is why ATPs could be called Skill Points.

P.S. You would get those until you reach the Tier Point list, and the two lists might could be combined to form a Skill Point rank or something like that.
Old 08-1-2007, 06:44 PM   #75
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglinguy View Post
I completely agree.

Yes, because with ATPs you can set goals and once you reach them you'll look back and be like "wow I've really improved". Signs of improvement feels good no matter what.
Yea, i see your point, but thats why i remember reading the Tier Point requirements as a noob and set a goal right there which was just to achieve 1 Tier Point. I'm up to 38 and i can see ive really improved over the last month or so not just with Tier Points but also with AAAs

I don't know, I'm just not too hot on this idea

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 06:46 PM   #76
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
Yea, i see your point, but thats why i remember reading the Tier Point requirements as a noob and set a goal right there which was just to achieve 1 Tier Point. I'm up to 38 and i can see ive really improved over the last month or so not just with Tier Points but also with AAAs

I don't know, I'm just not too hot on this idea
When you first start, then you have to wait a long time for your goal. I lose motivation quickly, probably the only thing that kept me here was the official tourney. The friends i met from it really kept me going <3. If I had something like ATPs I wouldn't have had that problem.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 08-1-2007, 06:46 PM   #77
Roy Campbell
Banned

Quote:

So, here's what I gathered so far:

Amateur Tier Points:
-Gives people points for reaching certain goals on Songs that are rated 4-8 in diffuculty.
-After a user reaches a certain amount of REGULAR tier points, They would be removed from the ATP list.
-Once this list goes into effect, Users that already have more than x regular tier points cannot be put on the ATP list.
The only problem about this is that it would be impossible to rank all players with both lists combined if TPs don't reward a large number of ATPs or Skill Points. I agree with the last point though, those with 160 TPs automatically move up. If ranking everybody is too hard to code for some reason then maybe there could be an individual rank for both systems, in which case I would agree with your first point and there could be different goals for the ATP or Skill Point list. Maybe there would even be rankings for each system just for getting one ATP (Skill Point) or TP....

Last edited by Roy Campbell; 08-1-2007 at 07:11 PM..
Old 08-1-2007, 07:07 PM   #78
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I think that as long as the ATP list started at Standard. People would be more inclined to participate. As everyone says no one wants to re-AAA easy songs.
Old 08-1-2007, 07:27 PM   #79
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I think that as long as the ATP list started at Standard. People would be more inclined to participate. As everyone says no one wants to re-AAA easy songs.
Why would they have to re AAA easy songs? It goes from their level rank stats.

Besides, ATPs should NOT be combined in any way or form be combined with actual TP.

Old 08-1-2007, 07:36 PM   #80
Roy Campbell
Banned

They should probably only be combined for ranking purposes and for implementing tier requirements into the ATP system for middle ground players.