Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #21
tbellx12
FFR Player

Default Re: Harry Potter 5

it wasnt the best movie from the series, but it wasnt terrible either. They left out a few vital things, they could have put in quidditch, especially since this is the last ook including any quidditch:\. Overall it wasnt that bad, could have been better. The style was unique compared to the other 4 movies.
tbellx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #22
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Give me the budget they're working with, the 5th book and the cast and I think I could make it better. (And under 3 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
Problems
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbellx12 View Post
it wasnt the best movie from the series, but it wasnt terrible either. They left out a few vital things, they could have put in quidditch, especially since this is the last ook including any quidditch:\. Overall it wasnt that bad, could have been better. The style was unique compared to the other 4 movies.
&i just posted this on myspace and got a lot of YOU ASININE TWIT! unusual though, i would expect more of a '****ing asshole'
Problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #24
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

I think if the book and the movie were exactly identical, then it would take away from each one's uniqueness factor. Not to mention the fact that the movie would be at least twice as long.

I thought the movie was pretty good overall. They really focused on the DA, and although it felt kinda choppy at times, it wasn't as choppy as Goblet. I might see it again, but in IMAX this time.
MeaCulpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #25
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Guys. Although I understand most things. Some things in the book were too corny for Hollywood.

You have to realize, while the later books in the series are meant as much for teens than little kids, they do still have the same corny quirkiness that the Harry Potter series is known for. As a kid, its fine, because the earlier books were a bit geared towards them and you let it slide in the later books because you read the series when you were younger, some of the things, like the sorting song, and how rediculous Luna Lovegood is (Including the magazine her father writes), are really corny... Not too corny for me, but too corny for Hollywood.

I love the books and wouldnt change them a bit, but I will admit that if I was the director, you have to make sacrifices to appeal to the people who havent read the books, thus arent used to how they are.

If you think about it. A lot of things they cut out were the corny moments in the book. Lets call it "Too fantasy."

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt Quiditch banned at Hogwarts in the 5th book anyways? Maybe the person who added that just never read the books.

Anyways. Ill watch it. If you seperate the fact that they leave out things from the movie, im sure its great.
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #26
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt Quiditch banned at Hogwarts in the 5th book anyways?
Only for Harry and the Weasley twins.
MeaCulpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #27
soulofcerberus
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to soulofcerberus

No mirrors... they didn't show the two way mirrors.

J.K. even said they were gonna be important in the 7th book, so I'd like to see how Hollywood fixes that mistake if they really are a big deal in the last book/movie
soulofcerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

HP5 the last book with Quidditch?

Someone didn't read Book 6, where Quidditch probably makes a stronger appearance than in any other book besides MAYBE 3...rofl.

I'll see this because I love HP, but I'll probably be disappointed with some of the stuff they leave out. BTW, no Quidditch is the same thing as no Weasley song, since they're directly related--come on guys.

I really disliked some of the things they didn't put in in HP4, such as the whole Ludo Bagman character, but it didn't kill the movie for me, just lowered the quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #29
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

I enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it a disappointment, it was a good movie.

Yeah, it could've been a bit longer to fit more important things from the book in, but I still enjoyed it. I didn't remember much from the book before seeing it, but as I watched it I remembered certain things.

Oh and about Harry not being angry. Did you not see the scene where he tells Sirius that he thinks he's becoming bad because he's always angry?
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #30
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

It was good for a 2-hour movie. The only things I didn't like is how there was no Quidditch, and no explanation on how the prophecy could've been about Longbottom and not Harry. But I think it was good for making a 2-hour movie based on a 500 page book.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #31
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbellx12 View Post
First, the 6th book is the last with quidditch (team wins harry kisses ginny blah blah).
Second, style is different b/c of the new director.
Third, cast was actually good as to what i could see, they aligned with the characters really well and flourished on their personalities.
Fourth, i'm glad they changed and left out parts in this movie b/c in the book they dragged out soo many unnecessary things and got me pissed about Umbridge wayyy too much.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #32
mfelten86
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mfelten86

Yes, new director means that there will be changes.
Also, in the book it was not Cho who ratted out the D.A.
Great special effects, but could have put another 10 minutes of them "exploring" the department of mysteries. In the book they ran from the death eaters a lot longer and also went into more rooms. (This could be due to budget)
Also, I think the talk with Harry and Dumbledore was lame. That explained the prophecy very well in the book. After the movie my friend was confused, and kept asking me questions about the prophecy and how Harry and Voldermort were "connected".
Last, this might just be me or it might be because the series is becoming more serious, and more to the point. But this movie seemed more sad/dark/gray. Does anyone notice this? It is kind of house CSI: New York portrays the city of New York. Gray and gloomy. Just something I picked up.

Overall I give it a 7/10

mfelten86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:06 AM   #33
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I don't care what any of you said.

They translated it fairly well. If they had done the movie perfectly it probably would have been about 4.5 hours long. Certain things have to go, some of which are likely to be very important by the time the 7th movie comes along. I'm curious how they're going to handle that... maybe they actually filmed most of the **** they left out and they'll do a 4 hour long director's cut on DVD and have flash backs in future films where relevant.

By the way, was anyone else more satisfied with how they handled the fireplace chat with Sirius? I was so mad that they ****ed it up before. It's like... he's not ****ing burning logs inside the fireplace, you know?

EDIT: and for people bitching about quidditch: shut the hell up. It's not important at all in this year besides to show how much hell Umbridge is brining down on the students. Not only would quidditch have tacked on an additional half hour or possibly more, but full CG sequences like those surely cost a lot of money and it's really not worth it when it adds nothing unique to the plot.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:17 AM   #34
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

That's the problem with long books like these. =\

They're just going to change the story a bit in the 7th movie if they've missed anything important in the prior ones.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #35
teen17
FFR Player

Angry Re: Harry Potter 5

UMBRIDGE sucks, weasley bros. kick ass, He-who-must-not-be-named shatters glass with some new power, and a BIG FRIENDLY GIANT falls in love with Hermione. I just did a summary of the WHOLE, FREAKIN' MOVIE!!!
teen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #36
teen17
FFR Player

Cool Re: Harry Potter 5

I almost forgot Harry and Cho under the mistletoe lip-locking for 10 freaking seconds. wooooooooh!
teen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #37
csoup1414
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i didnt see it yet
i am probably the biggest harry potter fan on the site...and i really dont care if its the worst movie ever made, ill see it and like it
and the only reason i didnt see it yet is because im waiting for the seventh book to come out so i can see the movie and then right after that go buy the book =]
im special like that
Old 07-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #38
Murderizer
Eats arrows for breakfast
FFR Veteran

This movie= fail, i waited teh whole movie to see the scene with the thing that attaches itself to ron but NOOOOO ._.
Murderizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #39
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Guys, shut the **** up.

I would have loved to see a 5 hour version of this movie, but I knew it wouldn't happen and anyone anticipating a perfect adaptation of the movie is naive or retarded.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #40
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I love Afrobean.