Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #141
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky
Default Re: Techno?

Rai/Hr2/Moogy/whoever... listening to music isn't a ****ing math lesson. I listen to what I think is good, I don't care if I'm listening to something that didn't take as long to make, or isn't as "deep" or follows guidlines from other bands or songs.. if it sounds good to me, i'll listen to it.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #142
Rewind690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Rewind690 Send a message via MSN to Rewind690

Sorry i just noticed this thread now, but search up bonkers. Bonkers is electronica from europe, best thing ive ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaghurim
a nasty buttjob
Rewind690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #143
TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via MSN to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via Skype™ to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons

Basically me and Kilga came to terms with the fact that I was looking at it from the point of view of a composer, and that it's an entirely different point of view, and that the whole argument is pointless.

To answer your question, Kefit, there are a few things in particular that I enjoy most about music.

First, there's the genius behind the concept of music, the entire concept of the way that expertly-arranged and combined rhythmic frequencies of waves in the air can entirely alter our emotions. The beauty of the concept of music in popular music is generally forgotten in the name of pop culture.

Then there's the brilliance of especially talented musicians who entirely deserve the title of "artist". I find it interesting and compelling when I can listen to a complex piece and think "I never would have thought of that that way, I never would have thought to bring the melody in that direction/delay that note like that/change the theme in that fasion/come up with a percussion fill like that/create that kind of time-signature friction/etc., but it sounds amazing" constantly. There is music that is so in-depth that it's mind-boggling that it was crafted by a human being, music with so many subtleties, so many intricacies, and so much power and/or grace. I find music like this to be amazing. It takes tremendous talent, a brilliant mind, and enormous patience to come up with such a thing, and to keep it all under your control, to produce and master and remaster every last sound--it's awe-inspiring.

Music generally expresses some kind of beauty, and in Autechre's case in particular it's generally the beauty of the unexplored. Most of the best experimental music challenges a person's emotions as much as it challenges their minds. Pieces that make you feel a great emotion that you honestly can't fully describe are something that I enjoy immensely. I can lay in bed stoned with a Boards of Canada CD and it will constantly play with my perception and my feelings, but in a beautiful way. With Autechre it's generally an enormous encompassing beautiful intricate machine of music, mechanically cold and emotionally warm at the same time.

I enjoy music that pushes the boundaries, explores rhythm, and challenges the limits of the human mind and imagination--both the creator and the listener. It takes a great kind of genius to create such music.

That, Kefit, to indulge you, is generally what I enjoy in music, and why.
TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #144
xDdRmAnIaCx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xDdRmAnIaCx Send a message via MSN to xDdRmAnIaCx

Quote:
Originally Posted by emccky
Rai/Hr2/Moogy/whoever... listening to music isn't a ****ing math lesson. I listen to what I think is good, I don't care if I'm listening to something that didn't take as long to make, or isn't as "deep" or follows guidlines from other bands or songs.. if it sounds good to me, i'll listen to it.
5 Pages of arguing summed up in a single post.

xDdRmAnIaCx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #145
dunlop
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
Basically me and Kilga came to terms with the fact that I was looking at it from the point of view of a composer, and that it's an entirely different point of view, and that the whole argument is pointless.

To answer your question, Kefit, there are a few things in particular that I enjoy most about music.

First, there's the genius behind the concept of music, the entire concept of the way that expertly-arranged and combined rhythmic frequencies of waves in the air can entirely alter our emotions. The beauty of the concept of music in popular music is generally forgotten in the name of pop culture.

Then there's the brilliance of especially talented musicians who entirely deserve the title of "artist". I find it interesting and compelling when I can listen to a complex piece and think "I never would have thought of that that way, I never would have thought to bring the melody in that direction/delay that note like that/change the theme in that fasion/come up with a percussion fill like that/create that kind of time-signature friction/etc., but it sounds amazing" constantly. There is music that is so in-depth that it's mind-boggling that it was crafted by a human being, music with so many subtleties, so many intricacies, and so much power and/or grace. I find music like this to be amazing. It takes tremendous talent, a brilliant mind, and enormous patience to come up with such a thing, and to keep it all under your control, to produce and master and remaster every last sound--it's awe-inspiring.

Music generally expresses some kind of beauty, and in Autechre's case in particular it's generally the beauty of the unexplored. Most of the best experimental music challenges a person's emotions as much as it challenges their minds. Pieces that make you feel a great emotion that you honestly can't fully describe are something that I enjoy immensely. I can lay in bed stoned with a Boards of Canada CD and it will constantly play with my perception and my feelings, but in a beautiful way. With Autechre it's generally an enormous encompassing beautiful intricate machine of music, mechanically cold and emotionally warm at the same time.

I enjoy music that pushes the boundaries, explores rhythm, and challenges the limits of the human mind and imagination--both the creator and the listener. It takes a great kind of genius to create such music.

That, Kefit, to indulge you, is generally what I enjoy in music, and why.
Your last sentence sums up everything. That's why you like music. Sure, I agree with your MTV statement for the most part. That's why it's called Pop Music. It's easy to listen to, and most everyone will enjoy it.

Rai, music is something that you obviously enjoy, and are really into. Many people aren't like this though. Lots of people only listen to "music you find unoriginal" because it is easy to listen to. Say you are at a party, you probably aren't going to hear Autechre, or Aphex Twin. It's because most people haven't heard of them, and also it doesn't fit the situation. Pop music is good because most everyone is familiar with the songs. Everyone can sing to them and have a good time.

Agian, not everyone has the time, or just doesn't want to search online to find out music. Sure they are missing out on a lot of music, but that's their decision.

To call Snapple a complete idiot just because he likes Sandstorm, just isn't right. The song is catchy, and is attractive to most people. That doesn't mean he's an idiot.

I'm sure you(Rai) like some things that would be considered "Pop" or popular.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.

dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #146
MCRenaissance
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MCRenaissance Send a message via MSN to MCRenaissance

I cannot believe that you guys are arguing about music. Music is a universal art form that everyone enjoys but enjoy for different reason but it all sums up to this: GOOD MUSIC IS AN OPINION.period. You cannot say that this song is better than that song because necessarely it isn't true. there is no way to determine wether some song is better than another because it is just in the eye of the beholder. It is all opinion. Please stop the arguing and let the thread go back to the subject on which it started.
MCRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #147
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDdRmAnIaCx
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #148
Bursurk_Lurk
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Bursurk_Lurk

hello

i like good music but dislike bad music

bye
Bursurk_Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #149
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

man

i hope you all realize how retarded you look upon arguing gay **** like this. no one wins arguments like this, shutup while you're ahead. all of u r gay.
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #150
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Rofl, funny because that was the actual subtitle.

Kilga wins the thread.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #151
cC@Zz
FFR Player

limewire is really good for finding anything but it can mess up your computer. Download musicmath it is pretty good. Also if you have a myspace account you can download tons of music from there(i get alot of my music from there). thats about all i use but im sure theres better websites.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #152
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Kilga may win the thread, but we still all have AIDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #153
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
Kilga may win the thread, but we still all have AIDS.
It's your fault.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #154
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

draft 7.30 was a terrible album. some other autechre is good. tri repetae is good. there was another one that was good.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #155
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

I heard of a guy named Dj Renewman. He has a slew of different songs but despite his EXTREME lack of music skills, there are still some good songs he has. And when I said "extreme", I mean all of it sounds like FL except about 2 songs. XD

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=311020
Old 04-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #156
TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via MSN to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via Skype™ to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
draft 7.30 was a terrible album.
Yeah it was a such a TERRIBLE thing when they stopped being repetitive man I HATE that
Old 04-30-2006, 09:34 PM   #157
Kefit
FFR Player

ya with your AIDS you don't have time for anything repetitive any more :<

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM   #158
TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Lame.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #159
Kefit
FFR Player

hey I have AIDS too I feel your pain

Quote:
Old 04-30-2006, 11:56 PM   #160
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

i donkey punched the entire country of swaziland and transfered the aids to here
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote