Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > jTWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2023, 08:23 PM   #221
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG 85 Game Thread: Matrix8 Setup

So you sus Arp! the most... but you voted ToonE instead due to an intuition.

Wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:29 PM   #222
Arp!
The Toaster Poster
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

we did this a few times in the last game, so I'm gonna do it again real quick

-> I don't want to vote for nse, lights, bugkid, raeko, or wv as there isn't much from these people to be suspicious about yet
-> I'm on the fence about charu, but that's just how it is with charu
-> I'm fine with voting for toone and lightknight, but I'm not leaning towards either one (though the thing charu pointed out above is certainly interesting)
Arp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:37 PM   #223
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

on second thought, I would rather vote for lightknight because toone is new and kicking them out this early would be mean
Old 07-12-2023, 08:39 PM   #224
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Me and Lar used the power of Ayumi Hamasaki Day to form an alliance with each other. We did not have a real reason to trust each other but we just BELIEVED IN AYU!!

Nobody except us and Arp were online at EOD and we last minute decided to switch the vote to an inactive and we got a wolf! Actually both of our inactive options were the wolves lol

Then Lar was killed in the night so Arp and I were the new Ayu alliance, and we insta'd the second wolf on D1 lol

Twas a perfect game, and all due to an arbitrary alliance and voting out inactives.... so if we do that again... profit??

Also I'm just trying to be helpful to the noobies!!!
Dang that's wild haha

I forgot who always pushed for lunch all inactives besides lar
Old 07-12-2023, 08:40 PM   #225
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Lynch even
Old 07-12-2023, 08:43 PM   #226
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

woah, you have exactly 6,000 posts! :o
Old 07-12-2023, 08:49 PM   #227
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
So like....random data collect about post count to try to pretend theres a real trend(That's my disclaimer to say don't take this to mean any concrete kind of real evidence...just for speculation):

Looking at who's posted so far and in what kind of clusters...(seems everyone's posted at least a few times)

Light posted up to five times by the time ToonE posted 3 times...then Toon caught up to 5 times.....If I'm correct each of them are sitting at 5 posts right now?

waywardVagabond/Charu/ and ARP have all posted a shit ton from day 1 mostly and scattered throught the later parts of the phase....MellonCollie has been trickled in here and there but consistent.....I jumped in early(forgot about the thread I worked a double bc I work evenings/overnights and sleep during the way (Wolfy af sounding I know but ya gotta do what ya gotta do))...

I feel like either ARP or Charu could be a wolf....but def not both of them. Or they might have some other game role? Orrrr they just really like to post. Which likelyhood it is, still hard to discern as a reason to vote either of them this early on. I should note that I do see ARP and Charu viewing the thread a lottt(is it fair to make that a read in this game? I forget since last I've played).....Although they could just be keeping the tab open in their browser like normal people do anyways. (would wolves do that or are they into that touch-n-go post tactic.

I feel like the posting tactic for wolves so far has been a strat like "hey one guy be active in the field, other stay back, and we'll tag team our activity to lessen suspiciousness..."

I mean that's more likely to me than the alternative where both wolves are just equally active/extremely active in thread Day 1 and are like totes ballin unafraid tactic.

So do we look for the quiet and profound? Or the two in shadow? Or the two that are equally vocal?
i feel like you have to be town for posting this because yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
bugkid666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:50 PM   #228
mellon_collie
FFR Player

looking at the ISO of both inactives (Lights and ToonE), neither of them said anything game related so it's really a shot in the dark. They were active at the same time and greeted each other, but lots of people have greeted each other in the game so I don't think we can really look into that

I am leaning toward voting Charu, and not just because of OMGUS (at least not totally lol). His reasoning for voting me does seem flimsy to me

But more than that, I feel like Charu is lacking that usual Charu vigor and flair. He seems like he's a bit afraid to stand out. Usually he would be leading the thread more, and last time he was helping the newbies out a lot... it seems like he is more interested in being in the background this time around
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:51 PM   #229
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
So like....random data collect about post count to try to pretend theres a real trend(That's my disclaimer to say don't take this to mean any concrete kind of real evidence...just for speculation):

Looking at who's posted so far and in what kind of clusters...(seems everyone's posted at least a few times)

Light posted up to five times by the time ToonE posted 3 times...then Toon caught up to 5 times.....If I'm correct each of them are sitting at 5 posts right now?

waywardVagabond/Charu/ and ARP have all posted a shit ton from day 1 mostly and scattered throught the later parts of the phase....MellonCollie has been trickled in here and there but consistent.....I jumped in early(forgot about the thread I worked a double bc I work evenings/overnights and sleep during the way (Wolfy af sounding I know but ya gotta do what ya gotta do))...

I feel like either ARP or Charu could be a wolf....but def not both of them. Or they might have some other game role? Orrrr they just really like to post. Which likelyhood it is, still hard to discern as a reason to vote either of them this early on. I should note that I do see ARP and Charu viewing the thread a lottt(is it fair to make that a read in this game? I forget since last I've played).....Although they could just be keeping the tab open in their browser like normal people do anyways. (would wolves do that or are they into that touch-n-go post tactic.

I feel like the posting tactic for wolves so far has been a strat like "hey one guy be active in the field, other stay back, and we'll tag team our activity to lessen suspiciousness..."

I mean that's more likely to me than the alternative where both wolves are just equally active/extremely active in thread Day 1 and are like totes ballin unafraid tactic.

So do we look for the quiet and profound? Or the two in shadow? Or the two that are equally vocal?
I appreciate your lengthy posts but all of this comes off as a lot of fluff. Like is this normal from lightknight? I don't think I've ever played with them and I can't tell if this is just scattered brained spewing or if there's a deliberate action in trying to come off as insightful
Old 07-12-2023, 08:51 PM   #230
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

That probably comes off mean but serious question
Old 07-12-2023, 08:51 PM   #231
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp! View Post
woah, you have exactly 6,000 posts!
I'm actually closer to 30k lol
Old 07-12-2023, 08:52 PM   #232
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I appreciate your lengthy posts but all of this comes off as a lot of fluff. Like is this normal from lightknight? I don't think I've ever played with them and I can't tell if this is just scattered brained spewing or if there's a deliberate action in trying to come off as insightful
mindmeld wv is my ally

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 07-12-2023, 08:55 PM   #233
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

oh oops, I completely forgot that lights hasn't posted anything in a while
I guess I'm okay with voting for them as well, but again, this would only be their second game, so it feels kinda mean
I still don't know about charu lol
Old 07-12-2023, 08:55 PM   #234
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
He likes to type a lot lol

I think he would do it either way tbh

I had a similar feeling though like if he was still here I would have asked how he got to the conclusion of Toone based on what he posted but I guess forum twg be like that

It doesn't super track though imo
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:56 PM   #235
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
But more than that, I feel like Charu is lacking that usual Charu vigor and flair. He seems like he's a bit afraid to stand out. Usually he would be leading the thread more, and last time he was helping the newbies out a lot... it seems like he is more interested in being in the background this time around
this is a good point! I probably wouldn't have caught onto something like this
Old 07-12-2023, 09:06 PM   #236
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
I had a similar feeling though like if he was still here I would have asked how he got to the conclusion of Toone based on what he posted but I guess forum twg be like that
did you miss post #212 by any chance? there's a bit of an explanation there, but it's not too substantial

I can maybe see what he's getting at..? the brief interaction between lights and toone initially struck me as odd as well, but I dismissed it until he brought it up again. toone also does appear to be lurking quite a bit
Old 07-12-2023, 09:06 PM   #237
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
looking at the ISO of both inactives (Lights and ToonE), neither of them said anything game related so it's really a shot in the dark. They were active at the same time and greeted each other, but lots of people have greeted each other in the game so I don't think we can really look into that

I am leaning toward voting Charu, and not just because of OMGUS (at least not totally lol). His reasoning for voting me does seem flimsy to me

Eeeeh, wat

I've been plenty helpful and active???

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:09 PM   #238
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp! View Post
this is a good point! I probably wouldn't have caught onto something like this
Oh noooo, don't let her sucker you!

I have no idea why she's saying I'm being in the background this game. I certainly am not.

Think she's latching on to me due to my vote!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #239
bugkid666
FFR Player

i will say personally i do not take into account "lurking" on thread whatsoever. i think it's a cheap way of making assumptions about player intent. i am personally hidden from viewing thread (as in you can't see my name appear even if i am looking at it) for this reason. some people keep tabs open and walk away, meaning they aren't actively viewing, some people are invisible like me. i think even if someone is lurking and not saying anything that that isn't alignment indicative.

not trying to tell anyone how to play the game ofc, just putting my thoughts about thread visibility out there because people have enjoyed talking about it a lot in the past and i find it entirely unhelpful

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 07-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #240
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

I feel like you were even more helpful and active in the last game, though
maybe that's just because of what happened yesterday that prevented you from posting very much, iunno