Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1
Default A toast to killing off who we once were

Hey there, CC, you probably don't know who I am. I joined this site like five years ago and was pretty goddamn intimidated. All the cool people who made stepfiles posted here, and I was totally not cool enough to talk to them. Man, people really cared about stepmania once, what the hell. I remember the way that I really go interested in the forums was through playing TWG, back around game 10 or so, I think. I sucked royally at it, but I met a lot of cool people, and became a lot less of an impressionable moron.

I don't really know where this rant is going. I sort of wanted to write something mildly reflective on my time here for my 8k post, so I'm just winging it.

Anyway, it's really kind of sad to look at this place now. It's like, everyone is happy and totally amused by the smallest things that don't even resemble what I think of as intelligent humor. At the same time, I don't really know if it's my place to tell you new kids what is right or wrong, so I should probably just go back into ffya and hide there forever. It's like the new social order here is "**** you have a subscription? You must be awesome" and anyone who buys anyone a subscription is automatically elevated to god-like status. This **** is bananas. Having money or being generous with it doesn't make anyone less of a tard. I would suggest you decide if someone is awesome by if they can put together a coherent post, or demonstrate a modicum of intelligence.

Anyway, this place means a lot to me, and has really helped me become a better, or at least more internet-savvy, person. I hope some of you stay around, adapt, and find yourself five years later as different a person as I have.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote