Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #1421
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

catching up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Side note here: Does anyone else find it funny that BOOMER is our vigi?
i thought that was funny too. :sunglasses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Hmm, would wolves actually double down a role block and kill on someone?
it's honestly a pretty safe bet just in case the kill doesn't go through. you still get your block on them. plus with del being the only outed role, it comes down to the gambit of:
will the doc protect them tonight leaving them open tomorrow or leave them open tonight thinking that there's no way the wolves attack tonight.

even if they gamble wrong, they still keep del's info minimal by not letting his action occur.

Quote:
Unrelated but out of curiousity

Mathilda, are you...a kangaroo?
you've never played animal crossing before, have you.

Quote:
Anyway, it's late I need sleep but something definitely seems super off so digging I will go tomorrow. There's just no way things aligned just so for the cop to be blocked, no night kill no aqui and the vigi shot blocked. Like that's just insane and I'm not sure how I feel atm that both the cop and vigi supposedly targeted the same person either.
need i remind you that del posted 2 suspicions near the end of D0: zucker and dora. it makes sense that he might target her that night.
i, sheeping his read, took a potshot at her.

after reading dora's work, i think that - if i popped a vest (and until i'm told otherwise that i don't get notified of roleblocks [and if i don't, that's some bullshit right there]) - i popped the acqs as, imo, they'd want to wolfhunt as much as a town would. i don't think a wolf puts in nearly that much effort.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #1422
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I don't want to play the "If Dora is town/wolf/acqui I think ____ " game.

History has proven that it's better I save my energy after flip.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #1423
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i don't think dora's a wolf. the analysis seems legit. it doesn't seem like she has access to the insider information the wolf team does. also, idk if a wolf would put in that much effort if they knew they were more than likely going to be lynched just based off of mechanics. if the vigi shot did go through then i think it's way more likely she's the acquisitioner who went the bulletproof route
lmao fuccen ninja'd
Old 03-11-2020, 06:01 PM   #1424
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Iight, I'm at work and I SHOULD be around for EOD seeing as it's at 01:00
Old 03-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #1425
TWG Molly
FFR Player

From Flurry:
Quote:
If I am the Nerfed Doctor, then I did nothing.
If I am the Vigi, I shot Punchy because I think there's 1 W in Julian/Punchy.
If I am the Blocker, I blocked Del for obvious reasons.
If I am the PI, I targeted Apollo because he was odd early game.
Is this supposed to be a joke? Is this whole post supposed to be a joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Classic WIFOM argument. Always going to assume the vanilla outcome when it comes to a PR kill imo, unless there's a convincing argument that wolves shot elsewhere and they got blocked over yonder.
This sounds like an attempt to gaslight the town blocker. I personally think that the doctor saved the cop, that the wolves sent a kill not on the cop, and I think any other action amongst the doctor/wolves would be dumb to make. Sure, there's a possibility of the wolves targeting Del and/or doc targeting not-Del, but when you say that it's a "classic WIFOM", it makes it seem like you're suggesting that the odds are 50/50.

I want to say that there is likely to be at least one wolf amongst those trying to normalize the idea of the doc not saving cop and/or wolves targeting cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
For those under the gun, those who voted Del prior to him claiming, please try to claim or explain your point if you haven't already!!! sparkle sparkle!

(I forgot to put this in initially)
I think I do make it clear in my d0 posts, but to summarize, my initial vote was due to inactivity, I didn't like his first couple of posts, and I didn't like his behavior close to EOD prior to the claim.

Quote:
phil also only pushed del to claim despite the vote being tied between del and zucker at that point. why say "if you're around del" and not "if you're around del or zucker"?
This looks like a weak attempt to do some "productive" digging. As soon as I saw this post, I automatically knew how Phil was going to respond and I don't think he's lying with his response either.

Quote:
"this person is acting townie, which is how a wolf would wanna act. not a good look!"

get real, cherry!
Just wanted to say this gave me a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
I'm holding my vote back based on the fact that Phil(?) said they wanna wait til EoD before anything like an insta happens, and because, again, I'm unsure where the votecount's at and I don't wanna force an insta this early.
This looks like a lame attempt to pocket Phil. You should want to hold your vote back because you want to wait until EoD to make sure a lynch doesn't happen.

-----------------------------------------------
Gonna try to address everyone all at once regarding my EoD behavior.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
didn't chief have zuck null? boomer was team zuck
molly quiet til vote change. she should fess up to how much she was readin
rolf is rolf. he sorta reacted, you didnt quote it tho. watcha think?

nm left in the twg tank fam
boomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I'd like to hear more from Molly. She was one of the ones who voted Zucker with no reasoning at the end of EoD after having no thoughts regarding zucker throughout the rest of the phase. She made some good replies to Julian's push and made some decent but pretty mainstream reads and then hid away into obscurity again, seems more reactive play than anything else. I'm still townleaning Julian but I'm definitely considering a W/W world between julian and molly with the ease that Julian dropped his case on her
Quote:
Someone mentioned it before I could, and I BELIEVE it was Fauna...But Molly slid in on the Zucker train at 00:58 with NO explanation or reasoning as to why. It was something I was going to bring up, but Fauna beat me to the punch.

So Molly could be a possibility if we take Boomer/Del claims as valid.

Also I'm going to state on record that if we weren't all yeeting Dora today, I would probably vote Molly right about now to get them out of whatever hole they've dug under
Quote:
For me, what rubs me the wrong way about you is that you had over 15 minutes left in EOD to discuss wagons (please go to page 50 as I posted wagon development in the last 5 minutes), said NOTHING, and THEN moved to Zucker at 00:58. That's what really bothers me. Had you given a reason why you voted I wouldn't be feeling as off as I am about you
Quote:
A question for Molly if they ever come back:

Your last post was a short reads list on a few people at 00:32. You had over 25 minutes to participate and interact with I daresay at LEAST 10 OTHER PEOPLE but instead chose to do nothing but vote Zucker. Why didn't you talk to other people?
It's correct that I could have been a bit more active in the last half hour. I was asking Del some questions beforehand and was waiting for his response (which never came iirc). I could have talked to other people but I was content with the wagon that was forming on Del (especially since he didn't answer) and didn't feel like I had anything interesting to say. I can't really give a better answer for this; it seems that the best case scenario is that I can convince you that I was lazy as opposed to wolfy.

I was paying attention to EoD though, so of course, when I see Del claiming a PR role, I'm not going to do absolutely nothing lmfao. I panicked and threw my vote on the next available wagon to maximize the chance of Del not being lynched. One might argue that had I looked at the current votes at the time, it was already clear that Del wouldn't have been lynched even if I did nothing (I would need to double check this to be sure). However, I was unsure about the exact vote count in the heat of the moment and I didn't want to waste time by checking what it was. One might argue that I should have added a reason to my vote, but I wanted to ensure my vote change went through. I could have made another post afterwards explaining my reason, but I didn't want to accidentally post after the phrase was over. One might argue that there was an "entire" two minutes to do stuff which is plenty of time. I can't remember precisely what happened, but if I see that the time of a post is 11:58pm, that signals to me that it is possible that that post was made 1 minute and 1 second before midnight. Furthermore, there is going to be a slight delay between the time that the post is made and when I see the actual post. Thus, in my mind, it was theoretically possible that I had less than a minute to do something.

Not sure I already said this already, but I was essentially reading zucker as null, even at the point where I switched my point to him. My reasoning for voting him in particular is that I was ok with the possibility of an inactive townie being lynched as opposed to trying to get another train going in the last 2 minutes of the game and risk getting the cop lynched.

I feel dumb for having to explain myself in the last two paragraphs, but it seemed necessary to explain since it seemed some people just wasn't getting it. Like I mentioned before, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some wolves that joined the zucker train after del claimed. However, I don't think such behavior is wolfy in and of itself, even in the case of not providing an explanation. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf that is not in the zucker-train-post-del-claim that is trying to tarnish the reputation of a townie that just so happens to be in the zucker-train-post-del-claim.
-----------------------------------------------------

Quick Reads:

Phil: Despite my saltiness towards him saying blocker should claim, town. However, if in the rare event that we somehow find out wolves did the galaxy brain move of not sending a kill last night to sow confusion, I think it might be worth looking at Phil more carefully.
Maple: In the case that Dora isn't aqui, I'm thinking that Maple might be. The earlier gimmick was so annoying as to give off the idea to town that it was so annoying that aqui wouldn't want to deal with it. Even if she found the gimmick annoying herself, she probably knew people would complain about it and thus would also have a valid reason to stop doing it. This might just be a tinfoil hat read.
Chief: Was reading as wolfy on d0. Still do: other than post 1367, most of his posts seem reactionary and/or don't do much to help solve the game.
Punchy: Been reading as town lately. I do like his long posts that seem to show that he is trying to dig deep to get some good reads. I might be misremembering, but I feel like he was the first to start putting together a case against Flurry this phase which I liked since prior to that, I feel like most of town was reading Flurry as solid town or at least town lean. I feel like wolves would try to stick to generic mainstream reads that everyone was already agreeing with.
Julian: Anyone that is wolf reading him because he was pushing for a Del lynch at EoD is dumb. However, I didn't like how you were somewhat flip-flopping regarding your read on me. I was honestly surprised that a single post that I made on d0 seemed to satisfy you (if TWG has taught me anything, it's that I'm not good at being convincing). I was thinking you might revisit the idea of my being wolf this phase, especially due to my absence, but you seemed to mostly be quiet on this. I still have a strong wolf-lean of you because of this.
Flurry: In my head, I've been flip-flopping in my read of Flurry throughout this phase. I want to look closer at Punchy's posts regarding Flurry and also iso Flurry later to get a better idea.
Eugene: Slight town lean.
Mathilda: Didn't really care for the lazy attitude on d0. And nothing strikes me as particularly towny from you this phase either. Might put as slight wolf lean for now...might change a tad if I have time to do an iso later.
Dora: Either aqui or wolf. The only way this isn't the case is doctor didn't protect cop which I don't think is the case.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #1426
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Unfortunately, I have something I need to do some IRL stuff (that I haven't started) that I need to finish by 11pm server time. I'll be around for the last hour so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to respond when I get back.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #1427
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
Unfortunately, I have something I need to do some IRL stuff (that I haven't started) that I need to finish by 11pm server time. I'll be around for the last hour so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to respond when I get back.
Molly I think you're mistaken... EOD is Midnight server time, not 11PM
Old 03-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #1428
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
here, let me translate the bolded part for everyone: (awoooooooooo)
Old 03-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #1429
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Molly I think you're mistaken... EOD is Midnight server time, not 11PM
re-read again. maybe take the sunglasses off too.
molly said they needed to do something 11 pm server time, and then they'd be around for the last hour.
which is midnight.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #1430
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

seriously though. any time someone basically wants to start an ama, it's usually a wolf wanting to appear active and have thread presence.

problem is, they also get burned 99% of the time in doing so.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #1431
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I'm not tunneling it I was defending my right to be suspicious of it when everyone was telling me I shouldn't be.

I'm dealing with birthday stuff rn but I'll be back
Old 03-11-2020, 06:34 PM   #1432
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
here, let me translate the bolded part for everyone: (awoooooooooo)
Oh fuck me, I completely missed that.

I wasn't liking Molly to start with and that's just... fucking YIKES
Old 03-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #1433
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

my computer is currently shitting itself so I'll be phoneposting tonight what what
Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #1434
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Dora's Wagonomics 101:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
My b, missed this

Also, Eugene, give me some unique thoughts without quoting anyone & without piggy backing
Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #1435
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not tunneling it I was defending my right to be suspicious of it when everyone was telling me I shouldn't be.

I'm dealing with birthday stuff rn but I'll be back
happy birthday?
Old 03-11-2020, 06:59 PM   #1436
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
From Flurry:

Is this supposed to be a joke? Is this whole post supposed to be a joke?
You may as well take it like a joke. Partial hypocop is better than hypocop anyway.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #1437
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

The nothing part only makes sense in the world where I thought blocker was a protective role.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #1438
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Not mine, someone else's. Trying to read in between. I don't really see any other world than going for Dora though. The likelihood of Aqui is high unless the vigi claim is fake, but I'm not thinking fake atm.

Still really bothered by the idea of the wolves stacking the block and kill on Del in the same night, just seems really odd. I guess the reasoning could be they were hoping Doc would go for another target and decided to take the shot but roleblocked as a backup but that seems really stupid to do with how many people are in game and all the other PRs they could have possibly taken out last night knowing the Doctor almost always will protect the cop.

There has to be something I'm missing.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #1439
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
Also, Eugene, give me some unique thoughts without quoting anyone & without piggy backing
I don't have anything particular in mind right now, but if I do I'll absolutely be sure to say something.

I'm a bit occupied with work at the moment so I'll come back later
Old 03-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #1440
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Molly sure took the long way to just say "I moved to Zucker 'cause best wagon".
Closed Thread