Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Smile Simfiles By: Me

My Original Simfiles
Hope u like them

Edit: Ok, so thanks to DDReam Studio (Thx to MarioNintendo for introducing me to it n_n ) i realized of the offsync on my steps.
This past days i've been working fixing that offsync. So long i've "fixed" this songs:

"Alla Turca Con Passione" - Twin AmadeuS (Hard Lvl. 10)
"Hysteria" - Muse (Challenge Lvl. 11)
"The Storm" - Yanni (Hard Lvl. 11, Challenge Lvl. 13)
"Ya tus amigos" - Las victimas del doctor cerebro (Hard Lvl.10)
"Zombie (Trance Remix)" - The Cranberries (Hard Lvl.9)

Last edited by Sr. Lan Belmont; 07-14-2011 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: :P
Sr. Lan Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Simfiles By: Me

Checkin deese out.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Smile New simfile

"The Storm" - Yanni

Last edited by Sr. Lan Belmont; 05-16-2011 at 05:13 PM..
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

heh i know you
Old 04-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Man you make files too. Dope
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura080789 View Post
heh i know you
Saku!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

So i re-uploaded "The Storm" - Yanni since DDRPlace died.
Hopefully, i still have my simfiles (Wich are not stolen).
Old 05-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
Man you make files too. Dope
This guy is the new Bemani. Didn't you know?

Oh, by the way, Sr. Lan, I didn't have time to check them, but I hope I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Thumbs up Re: Simfiles By: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
This guy is the new Bemani. Didn't you know?

Oh, by the way, Sr. Lan, I didn't have time to check them, but I hope I will!
Thx Mario!
n_n
Let me know what u think about'em
Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Steal your step files like you do your songs? lol.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
Steal your step files like you do your songs? lol.
Really, really funny u ASS
Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

Your simfiles are of bad quality. Bad offsets, incorrect BPM, and especially poor song choice. It even has offsync rainbow notes.
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Thumbs up Re: Simfiles By: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoSoMan View Post
Your simfiles are of bad quality. Bad offsets, incorrect BPM, and especially poor song choice. It even has offsync rainbow notes.
It depends on wich files r u talking about.
-There are some really old song (When i started making steps)
-I sometimes double the BPM (Since i dont like the slooooow BPM they have)
-Comments and advices welcome
Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

Then can you tell me of a simfile you made that is actually good, meaning recent?
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Duplica
FFR Player

you posted 8 times out of 15 posts
Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #16
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Lan Belmont View Post
(Which are not stolen).
I highly doubt it.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoSoMan View Post
It even has offsync rainbow notes.
so i'm assuming he used ctrl+r to step
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

I played The Storm (on heavy difficulty) only, since all of the other links were unavailable. I can't say I had a great time. The song was flawed. By comparison, those remix you make are far more superior. However, I feel like you step the way I once did (not that it's a bad thing!) and I somehow really connect to you.

First of all, tell me what tool you are using to step. Is it MixMeister? Is it by ear only using Stepmania's editor? Or is it the almighty DDReamStudio?

I'm asking this because, while I'm not a sync nazi, the song feels unsync most of the time. 80% of those notes were orange, while there needed only to be red, blue and yellow notes. I can imagine you worked hard on the sync, since making a whole song out of orange notes takes a long time. It could have been the effect you were going for: color theory (purposely changing the colors to fool the player). However, I can almost bet it wasn't intended since, played with the "assist tick" at 0,5x rate, the offsync got pretty obvious. I'm pretty sure that it was in fact the global offset that was wrong. Because of it, notes were missing at places and were too numerous at others. Take the trumpet solo for example, which might sadly be the worst part of the chart because of its awful sync (which is sad, considering how good it sounds. I really wanted this to be synced to fully enjoy it!). There were out of place notes because of the offset, but also because you might've not slowed the sound down enough to hear precisely which sound goes where. I once tried to bypass that problem too when I started stepping because I couldn't find the correct offset value, but it gets you nowhere, believe me. Get the offset right before even putting the first note, you'll save a lot of time and comments about the overall sync! Next step is to slow down the song while stepping in order to notice if your notes are on target or not.

This is why I'm suggesting using DDReamStudio instead of any other stepping tool. For more info about it if you need, hit my PM box!

About the actual steps, they seemed to be made with good intentions, but there were still mistakes (hopefully, you can easily correct them next time!). For instance, the "1234321234321" staircase (1 to 4 representing the arrow pattern) you used was getting pretty repetitive after a while, and sometimes wasn't even necessary. It's a fun pattern, but you have to notice when it gets on the player's nerve. If you play it, I'm pretty sure you'll notice what I'm talking about! :P No huge mistake, though. Simply correct it by altering the pattern, or listening more closely to the song to notice any change in it that could let you alter the chart pattern. Since you're an awesome remixer, I bet you'll have no difficulty doing this.

Another thing I felt had to be considered for a change were the trills. There were LOTS of them and, while the music suggested them most of the time, some of them didn't seem to be set correctly to match the violins' melody. The minijacks near the end during the "1 2 1 2" trill were also pretty hard to pull off, considering the fact that many players on FFR have to do that part one-handed because of their key setup when they use spread. I always used to make such mistakes too since I play "lefty", but, again, that can be easily fixed if you consider what the average player can and/or can't pull off during your song. In short, if you can't, then be certain that many others also can't, which might piss them off. :P

I liked the little break you provided around the middle with holds, that was a nice attention and pretty professional

Last but not least, I believe your song choice was remarkable! I hope we have permission for the song to step for the R1, since it's already on my iPod XD Keep it up, most users usually have no idea which song to pick, which is pretty lame. You got this down!

To conclude, I say play your song at around 0.5x or 0.6x with the "assist tick" in order to notice the real lack of sync during most of the song (even the first few notes). If you take care of that (with the help of DDReam, mostly), brush up your patterns and keep on choosing other cool songs like this one, I say you have a pretty good chance at stepping for this community. Don't give up!!

EDIT: I realize I used some FFR slang along the way. If you got confused (I sure was when people started reviewing my files), be sure to read this post with this thread as an annex. Nice background art, by the way!

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 05-17-2011 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #19
Sr. Lan Belmont
FFR Player

Post Re: Simfiles By: Me

Quote:
Then can you tell me of a simfile you made that is actually good, meaning recent?
The Storm its my most recent simfile

Quote:
you posted 8 times out of 15 posts
Sorry about that i barely use the "edit" tool

Quote:
I highly doubt it.
Then play them and google them and find out if i stole them u troll.

Quote:
so i'm assuming he used ctrl+r to step
No, like mario said on his last post i really never used offset i started to step when the song starts not even if i had to used orange or green arrows

Quote:
The song was flawed. By comparison, those remix you make are far more superior.
Thx mario but lets face it i suck at "remixing".

Quote:
First of all, tell me what tool you are using to step. Is it MixMeister? Is it by ear only using Stepmania's editor? Or is it the almighty DDReamStudio?
I always used SM editor

Quote:
I'm asking this because, while I'm not a sync nazi, the song feels unsync most of the time. 80% of those notes were orange, while there needed only to be red, blue and yellow notes. I can imagine you worked hard on the sync, since making a whole song out of orange notes takes a long time. It could have been the effect you were going for: color theory (purposely changing the colors to fool the player). However, I can almost bet it wasn't intended since, played with the "assist tick" at 0,5x rate, the offsync got pretty obvious. I'm pretty sure that it was in fact the global offset that was wrong. Because of it, notes were missing at places and were too numerous at others. Take the trumpet solo for example, which might sadly be the worst part of the chart because of its awful sync (which is sad, considering how good it sounds. I really wanted this to be synced to fully enjoy it!). There were out of place notes because of the offset, but also because you might've not slowed the sound down enough to hear precisely which sound goes where. I once tried to bypass that problem too when I started stepping because I couldn't find the correct offset value, but it gets you nowhere, believe me. Get the offset right before even putting the first note, you'll save a lot of time and comments about the overall sync! Next step is to slow down the song while stepping in order to notice if your notes are on target or not.
Thank u very much Mario.
n_n
I really never used offset that precisely, most of the time i spread while im making steps and then i saw the result(s) at the jukebox and play them by my own

Quote:
Another thing I felt had to be considered for a change were the trills. There were LOTS of them and, while the music suggested them most of the time, some of them didn't seem to be set correctly to match the violins' melody. The minijacks near the end during the "1 2 1 2" trill were also pretty hard to pull off, considering the fact that many players on FFR have to do that part one-handed because of their key setup when they use spread. I always used to make such mistakes too since I play "lefty", but, again, that can be easily fixed if you consider what the average player can and/or can't pull off during your song. In short, if you can't, then be certain that many others also can't, which will might them off. :P
Thx, i will work harder on this

Quote:
I liked the little break you provided around the middle with holds, that was a nice attention and pretty professional
n_n

Quote:
Last but not least, I believe your song choice was remarkable! I hope we have permission for the song to step for the R1
You should check the full version.
I decided to axe the intro since i found it pretty boring but i think u can do something awesome with it.

Quote:
f you take care of that, brush up your patterns and keep on choosing other cool songs like this one, I say you have a pretty good chance at stepping for this community. Don't give up!!

EDIT: I realize I used some FFR slang along the way. If you got confused (I sure was when people started reviewing my files), be sure to read this post with this thread as an annex.
Thank u man.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Lan Belmont View Post
(1.) Sorry about that i barely use the "edit" tool
(2.) Thx mario but lets face it i suck at "remixing".
(3.) I always used SM editor
1. You should, it's actually a very handy tool in the forums. For instance, you could upload all of your links in your first post and delete your other posts which would become doubles. The reason why Duplica told you that is because we're supposed to post once per page only on the forums, or at least try our best. It's a rule!

2. Nop

3. That's exactly what I thought. If you want to keep on stepping, I again highly suggest you use DDReam. When who_cares973 first introduced me to it, I didn't want to change from SM to DDReam since I thought DDReam would be too complicated.

It's actually not, though! It lets you, for instance, use your mouse in it. That's a valuable tool in itselfl! You also don't have to worry about the offset and BPM values that much. DDReam lets you see the waveform of the song, that way you can carefully place your notes to the peaks that you'd now be able to see, which is easier than to ear for most people.

If you wish to try it out (please do :P) I suggest you follow this link for download which I got from this thread by Patashu. Also, here's a basic video tutorial that will help you convert from SM to DDReam. After that, you can experiment with the programs multiple functions and now notice how steppers on here are able to be so precise within all of their simfiles while still pulling many effects through the chart.

I don't think I have much more to say, only that when you go DDReam you don't go back. ;-P I managed to step 8 files in 2 weeks with it.

EDIT: For any questions, PM me!

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 05-18-2011 at 03:36 PM..