Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #201
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin
Default Re: TWG XXVIII: Card Sharks (or Wolves, rather)

Sklansky looked down. Pocket eights.

Not the best hand pre-flop, but still worth a raise. Most of the popular players at the table had never played with him, making him that much more of a threat. He hadn't been in the spotlight much, and therefore still had a strong position with his chips. Until recently.

The past couple of hands, the aggression at the table was pretty evenly spread, sometimes with a little emphasis on one player or another. Not any more. The past several hands seemed to be concentrated on himself, with aggressive betting and raising by most of the players widdling away his stack. Knowing full well this would just be another repeat, he did what he had to do.

"All in."

None of the players were surprised. With all of the focus on him, it was only a matter of time anyway. Even so, several players folded, with the exception of Phil Gordon and Greg Raymer, the latest participants in the slaughter. Both called. Three handed with a middle pocket pair wasn't too bad, but would be better with a low flop:

King-Queen-nine. Oh, well, Sklansky thought. Assuming the others called with any semblance of a hand, chances were he was beat already. The option went to Raymer first, betting a hefty amount. Gordon reluctantly folded, and the dealer called for the two hands.

Sklansky flipped over his eights. The other players didn't seem to have much faith, and just looked on casually as Raymer followed suit:

King-Jack. Top pair with a straight draw. Now only running at two outs, the dealer brought out the turn:

Ten. The ten Raymer needed to complete his straight, as well as solidifying Sklansky's fate. As if to mock him, the river came out as an eight, giving him the set he could've used a minute ago.

Always a gracious competitor, Raymer stood up with Sklansky to shake his hand. The two returned nods of good sportsmanship, and as Raymer sat back down, Sklansky waved toward the audience as he made his untimely exit.

"David Sklansky finishes in fourteenth place."

And play resumed as if nothing had happened.

--------------------------

It is now Night 3.

Psycho has been lynched.

PMs as soon as possible, reiterating the 24 hour rule.

Tps (1) - Tass
Omega (2) - Kilga, Blah
Psycho (7) - Mead, nForcer, Fish, Iggy, Chicken, Tps, Hans
Iggy (2) - Jurs, Psycho
Hans (1) - Omega
Talis (1) - Mead
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #202
Wilkin
FFR Player

Pocket aces. Rockets. American Airlines. No matter what you call 'em, you can't help but feel giddy just looking at them.

The shark looked over to the fish. Perhaps it was a little perverse to enjoy the giddiness on their faces right before they busted out, but he never got tired of it. Another player raised, and another on top of that, right before the fish took advantage of the situation:

"All in."

The fish would like to see some calls, but with the raises before him, folds would also be profitable. The shark was the sole caller, mainly because he had somehow accumulated enough chips to afford it. The fish stood up and flipped over the aces, waiting anxiously to see his opponent's. Suppressing any sort of confidence, the shark flipped over his own pocket kings. The other players at the table looked on in interest as the flop came:

Ace-Ten-Six. The fish had hit his set, all but ready to pull in his newly doubled-up stack. The players at the table, along with the announcers, sounded quite satisfied that another player wouldn't suck-out with the better hand. The shark feigned disappointment and paced around his chair as the dealer brought out the turn:

Jack. The fish still had the better hand by far, but then noticed that four cards could take the pile of chips on the table away from him. With the Jack on the table, a queen could make a straight for the shark. "Could" was only temporary, though. In about seven seconds, "would" would be more appropriate. The dealer brought out the turn:

Queen. As if there was any mystery. While half of the players were consoling the fish for such an unlucky loss, the other half were celebrating with the shark on his streak of luck. A moment later, the fish was headed out the door, just like all the others.

"Daniel Negreanu finishes in thirteenth place."

No matter how many chips the shark had, though, he still needed to stay alive between cold decks, and couldn't afford to lose any of his stack. Dealt an Eight-Four, he threw it back to the dealer and sat back.

"There's still next hand."

-------------------------

It is now Day 3.

nForcer has been wolf'd.

Day will end on Sunday at 6:00 pm EST, about 53 hours.

Seven votes for an insta.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #203
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Alright. I was seered night 2, and omega was seered last night. Wolf. If I'm lying, then the seer or somebody should step forward and say that I am.

Omega
Old 03-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #204
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Well I was about to post that we should kill tps today because of This evidence, but having Omega confirmed as a wolf is just as good. Omega today and TPS tomorrow, then.

To sum up the link: TPS admitted to nforcer that the PMs were fake, but tps didn't count on nforcer telling anyone else. He came to me in the case that he got wolfed last night (which he did) and told me to come foreward with this info. Note the three conversations are posted as links underneath the initial conversation with nforcer. We've got our wolves guys.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #205
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Omega
Old 03-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #206
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

I don't know if that necessarily makes Tps a wolf, though. If he were a wolf, why did he tell him in the first place?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #207
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

I dunno, maybe nforcer was pushing him in previous conversations? Why else would nforcer get wolfed? I'm almost positive nforcer didn't tell anyone else about this. The only other option is that I killed nforcer and am doing this to frame tps, but since I know I'm human, I'd have to assume the former.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #208
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

All I gotta say about TPS is... "Told ya so."

I'll hold off on voting Omega for now... in case Hans is lying. Then again, concensus is that ap was not the seer... so the real seer would still be alive. *shrugs* Makes sense.

Anyway, I'll still hold off. 7 is insta, we're at 3... and plenty of people haven't seen the thread yet. No use getting uber over-excited.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #209
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Situation duly noted.

Glad to know I was right from Day 1. >_>
Old 03-24-2006, 05:39 PM   #210
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Not a favorable situation for TPS it seems. Obvious choice for a wolfing, nforcer was the most active person. Just because I told him that it was fake wouldn't make me kill him. He even stated that we trusted each other, and I'd have no clue if he had told anyone. I still don't see what about the PM's make me a wolf either. It just expresses my suspicions, in a more dramatic fashion. I mean, it worked, it got all of you talking about the mentioned names. If I am to be lynched tomorrow, I at least request a fair trial by being a seer tonight. I 100% Gurantee I'm human or I'll leave FFR. I don't feel like getting screwed out of this game again by using different posting techniques. My actions in the chat last night were purely for entertainment purposes only. As you can see, I listened and logically debated and discussed each candidate and did switch over to Pyscho after my joking evidence on Iggy, so Chill people.

Hans
btw
Old 03-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #211
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I knew it was gonna happen. I told ya, Fish! Good thing I was prepared... good luck guys!

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 03-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #212
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

You were a complete ass in the chat last night. You switched because your #1 choice of Iggy wasn't going to get lynched... so you bandwagoned to fit in.

Your choice of posting methods? Last time I checked, a fake PM is not a post. Not to mention that you had alot of people wasting their TWG time thinking about a PM they thought came from ap, and therefore they cared what it said... as opposed to your dumb ass, who nobody gives two toots of a bulls cock about.

AAAAANNNNDDDDDD... the vote on Hans? Way to throw in evidence... I can only assume that you think he is a stupid as you and therefore faking? Kilga and I discussed that earlier... and even if ap was the seer, there would be someone else alive that could come forward and say, "Hans was never apart of the alliance... he's lying". As that has not happened, I am inclined to believe him... even if that DOES happen, I still probably will believe him.

Also, I spoke with Hans earlier, and I agree with him. Since he came out with the Omega info, the thread died. No real point to keeping the thread open, except for Hans to speak with Omega before he is insta'd... and that almost certainly will result in nothing accomplished. So, I will add another point to the tally.

Omega
Old 03-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #213
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Baseless post Tass.

Although I meant Omega, and not Hans. My appologies.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #214
Wilkin
FFR Player

The TWG Lynching Leaderboard, brought to you by:

[Insert Sponsor Here]

Omega (5) - Hans, Fish, Mead, Tass, Tps

Left to vote: everyone else (7)

2 more for insta.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #215
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Yeah wasn't I telling all of you guys that Omega was a wolf in the chat last night? Yeah, i'm pretty sure I did. Owned.

Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #216
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

omega
Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 PM   #217
Wilkin
FFR Player

It was almost as if they were ganging up on him. Him, and him alone. Sure, everybody who's anybody thinks, no, KNOWS he sucks, but this kind of activity was still unusual.

Having such a beaten down stack, Moneymaker looked down at his hole cards: Pocket sevens. As if there were a better time to go

"All in."

Most of the players reluctantly folded. Greg Raymer, however, sat looking at Moneymaker, his glasses reflecting into his eyes. Shifting his chips around, he finally pushed them into the middle. All of them. Respectfully, the others folded, until it was left between the two satellite World Champions. Moneymaker flipped over his sevens, with a strong confident look. The look got even more confident when Raymer showed his monster hand:

Seven-Deuce offsuit.

Moneymaker suppressed a laugh when he saw the cards hit the table. Raymer had less than a five percent chance to win pre-flop. The hand was already over before it even started. The dealer dealt out the flop:

Deuce-Deuce-Deuce. Enough said. NOW the hand was over. With Raymer holding the other seven, Moneymaker had no chance of making quads, and thus no chance of staying in the tournament.

The turn and the river were duds, and Moneymaker's fate was decided. In utter disbelief, he nodded and shook hands before his exit.

"Chris Moneymaker finishes in twelfth place."

None of the players knew it, but the threat of the sharks was over. They had all been beaten fair and square, and forced to go back to the cash tables. The winner of the tournament would earn fame and fortune, something the sharks couldn't understand, hence their desperate measures.

The rest of the tournament played out as any other. Some players lost, while others rose to the top. However, the actual winner cannot be determined, for poker is an unpredictable game, and to name a winner now would be too simple.

All of the sharks met outside, shamed by their obvious failure, not even able to make it to the final table. After some small chat, trying to bring each others' spirits up, they all agreed on something that would prove thay had another chance:

"There's still next hand."

-------------------------

SH-SH-SH-SH-SHUTOUT!

And the game is over. No wrong lynches.

With the insta of Omega, the humans take a well-earned win.

The postgame is being posted at the same time this is posted, so you can go straight to it now.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #218
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-21-2014 11:36 AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread