Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
RoyCampbell
FFR Player

Default Infiltration - Fission Mailed

Do you copy? Based on our GPS positioning reports, it looks as if you're near the Patriot base right now. Good work. Getting into the entrance should be no trouble for you FOXHOUND types.

I don't expect anything to go wrong this time as it did last time - I trust all of you utterly with this mission. Nevertheless, if the majority of you feel that someone is a threat to the mission, you may vote to have them...neutralized.

Lt. Founders is here beside me working on gathering intelligence on the facility. It's made up of 8 floors going down to the basement. There are eight rooms on each floor, making for 64 rooms total. It looks like only one guard is assigned to each floor.

There's a main elevator in the center of the facility that travels between the floors. Unfortunately, that elevator doesn't go down to the basement. You'll have to get on another elevator to go down there. That elevator is heavily guarded - it's got a mechanical and a magnetic lock. You'll have to disable the facility's power to open the magnetic lock, and the code for the mechanical lock you'll have to find yourself. To disable the two power generators, you'll have to find where they are in the facility, and have one person throw the switch on each at the exact same time. This should weaken the magnetic lock for enough time for you to wrench it open before the backup generator kicks online.

Make sure you arm yourself with some better equipment before you take on GHOST. Surface-to-air Stinger missile launchers will be effective enough to pierce the weak points of the armor of a Metal Gear.

I'm keeping this frequency on for all open communication during this mission. One of Founders' programmer friends, who goes by the alias "Chardish", is also listening in on this frequency. He'll be keeping track of your motions and decisions throughout this mission. Make sure you privately inform him of your movement orders.

You can start by discussing how you're going to split up and tackle the facility.

Good luck. I'm counting on all of you.

(It is now Movement 1. PM Chardish with where you want to go. Everything that gets said in this thread will be ignored as far as determining what room you go to. So lie away if you want.

Room numbers are A-1 through H-8.
)
Old 01-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
User6773

Default RE: Infiltration - Movement 1

Colonel, you forgot to mention something.

All phases that require decisions are 24 hours long and end at 11:59 EST. No phase can be ended early for any reason.

Because we're starting early, this one ends at 11:59 EST Thursday.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
User6773

Protip for Firefox users:

Use IE for your FOXHOUND name and Firefox for your regular name. Then you can have both remember you.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
FOXHOUND-Gray
FFR Player

A suggestion. It would be beneficial for all of the greens to know the location of what is in what room. The question is, is it worth posting what everyone finds in their room here for the reds to find as well, or not. I'm curious to hear what everyone has to say on this subject, as I am willing to be as open as anyone would like. Everyone is free to IM me, and I guarentee that I will not lie in anything I say.

So, the question is, should we say into which rooms we are going. This would allow for the reds to know where we go, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. It is most unfortunate. Anyway, I hope all of you think about your decisions and movements very carefully, chart everything that everyone says, and are very active. As always, we must play as a team to win. GL everyone.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
FOXHOUND-Brown
FFR Player

We're allowed to lie about where we're going, so I see no problem in saying where one is going because no one but that person knows if they are telling the truth or not. We could always say where we are during the lynch phase since it would be meaningless to the reds, because by the time they're able to move to that room it's entirely possible we won't be there anymore.

On the flip side, since all the reds have the hacking ability, letting them know what terminals are where could end up proving costly, and I'm not sure I want to risk that.

This idea could really go either way.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
FOXHOUND-Red
FFR Player

From what I understand, the reds are told which room everyone is in at the beginning of each movement phase. So we shouldn't be worrying about revealing our position in deciding whether or not to share terminal information.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
FOXHOUND-Orange
FFR Player

We have registered new AIM accounts if you have any suspicions. The fact remains that at some point there will need to be some cooperation. History will tell if someone's been lying or not, so that's a pretty risky maneuver. Of course, I know I'm going to be somewhat cautious at the beginning, especially if I find a seer or gas terminal or something, because knowing where those are will seriously help the Patriots.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
FOXHOUND-Magenta
FFR Player

Here are my thoughts on the matter: We should split up the floors. Don't tell what exact room, but say "I'll be searching Floor __ tonight." We can make sure that, at most, only 2 people are on each floor. This reduces the chances that people will wind up in the same room, will help us cover more area (if everybody has their specific floor we will avoid repeat findings). but it doesn't leave us completely open to attack from the reds.

Also, it would be good to know character classes. I'm a hacker, so if you suspect a terminal is hacked, you can tell me to come check it out. I may not come right away, though, as that could be a Patriot plot to kill me .

As to what floor I'll be inspecting, probably F, for Foxhound. If other people are already checking out that floor and want me to go elsewhere, tell me (PM or AIM is fine).

Speaking of AIM: I think we should leave an AIM Chat open at all times for FOXHOUND members. The one that exists now is FOXHND Chat, I believe. Invite yourself to that room name and you'll be able to chat with the whole group at once.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #9
FOXHOUND-Gray
FFR Player

As long as I am online, I will be in FOXHND CHAT, even if I am idle/away.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #10
FOXHOUND-Teal
FFR Player

I agree with Magenta's plan. I'll be on floor B.

Contact me on AIM if you want me to do otherwise. I have no attachment to it, it's really just a random pick.

Also, someone mentioned telling where terminals are on the forums. I think this is a bad idea. If you want many people to know, tell the people that you trust on AIM. When you post info like that, the reds can get a hold of it and turn it around on us by hacking it or killing anyone who tries to go in that room.

One more thing: since no one else got flamed for having colored text, I think I will for as long as I remember to. It's not very often that you don't get flamed for typing in colored text at FFR.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #11
FOXHOUND-Black
FFR Player

Luckily for me the color is already right. Though I cant entirely read my avatar.

To go along with the terminal telling - it could just be a strategy to throw someone off your trail, really. Someone could easily fake it, the terminal could give false information, and the terminal can be quickly moved.

So basically, to go along with the fact that we cannot even trust anybody right away, we also cant trust our own terminals unless we're a hacker. I think I am going to like this game.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
FOXHOUND-Magenta
FFR Player

I would type in color, but just look at this! Ridiculously gay.

As for terminals, I suggest all you hackers get to work on finding seer terminals. Only you can know if it's real or not, so find it and scan people, then PM/IM them and make alliances. If you get to use the terminal even once before death, you have somebody to back you up if a red kills you at the terminal. We only have those to help form alliances, so we need to get them ASAP. That's why we need to divide up the floors, if you didn't understand the logic to my plan the first time I said it.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #13
FOXHOUND-White
FFR Player

I agree with magenta, but don't frequent that room too often, since a Patriot may be aware of that room, also.

In case you wanted to know, or didn't already know, I will be exploring floor H tonight.

Also, I recommend that everyone be very vocal, so it will be noticable if you have been killed.

*white-color font tags removed by Chardish*
Old 01-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #14
FOXHOUND-Magenta
FFR Player

I recommend that people with terrible colors (myself, white, etc) don't type in their color. PLEASE!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
FOXHOUND-White
FFR Player

Yeah, I'm going to stop writing in white, so don't worry about that.

I hope things will liven up after the first phase.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #16
FOXHOUND-Orange
FFR Player

I think your color is fine, Magenta. White's is the only one that sucks.

Haha, I just had a thought. If roles weren't randomly assigned (I assume they were), Magenta would have to be a Patriot.

"In another dimension,
With voyeuristic intention,
Well secluded, I see all."

And the Patriots get to find out who went where, you know? Eh? Eh? Please tell me someone gets it...
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #17
FOXHOUND-Maroon
FFR Player

I'm of the personal opinion that we should be sharing information publically or not at all. If you find just one other person to tell your information as a "failsafe", you coudl play into the Patriots' hands to allow a systematic picking off with no one else knowing. Also,
Campbell, do you have any idea of the security in the building, and do we have authorization to use deadly force if needed?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #18
FOXHOUND-Orange
FFR Player

Damn, orange isn't a very good color, either. What do you guys think? I like it, but won't use it if it's a problem.

And things will surely liven up once we have some good information (or lies, who knows?) at our disposal.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #19
FOXHOUND-Maroon
FFR Player

I get it, RHPS.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #20
FOXHOUND-Magenta
FFR Player

I don't think the custom colors are really needed. Colorized avatars/sigs are good enough, in my opinion.

Maroon, you shouldn't just tell somebody as a failsafe, no. There are times where you might want some insurance, though. For example, if you happen to be in the same room as somebody else, you might announce on the boards, "I am in *room number* with *color of person*. I will not attack him, so if I die, he's a red." This would discourage both greens and reds from attacking people like that, and pretty much limits the reds to use of the gas room only. Of course, deaths aren't announced, so somebody would have to check the room afterwards to see if the person is dead. But remember, reds realize that and may lurk around waiting for people that may come looking for bodies.

This leads me to a question: the history thing or whatever it's called. I know it tells who has been in a room before, but will it tell what happened in that room? Could it say, for example: "Magenta and Rainbow entered on Day 3. Magenta died."? Or will it just say who was there on what days?