Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-8-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
Flowenol
FFR Player

Question one-handing?

ive played ffr for about two years now, and have played one handed the whole time. it seems most everyone uses two hands, but i have a burning loyalty to one hand for some reason. do many other people play with one? if so how good are they? i can complete any song, just not any of the gurus well. is this good o.0

[also if im disobeying a sticky or some rule please tell me as this is my first thread =x]
Flowenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Boatz
FFR Player

Default Re: one-handing?

The thing about one-handed playing: DON'T GET INTO A HABIT WITH IT.

The harder songs are almost impossible with just 3 fingers, and using 2 hands gives you control of ALL four buttons WITHOUT moving as much and ALSO gives you the choice to use spread.

Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

W00t 200th Post...!

You really shouldn't click here. or here.
But you should click here.
And you should use this:

Tokens: 18
Skill Tokens: 10
Boatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
jecht3009046
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Look at Darkmanticorex2, for example...He's one handed and he's amazing (he may have switched, somebody confirm?). Yessssssss(sss?) also plays/ed one handed and he was also amazing. The harder songs aren't even close to impossible one handed. It may take longer to get good at them, but same with index. You won't become the best player to ever play FFR playing one-handed, but you can get good enough to stay at the top. You can get incredibly good at any play style, it just takes more time with index and one-handed, but you should play and stick with the style that you enjoy the most, but don't be afraid to try out the other styles. They might suit you better than your current.
jecht3009046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Flowenol
FFR Player

haha thanks. ill look into maybe trying two hands. but for now im staying with the one handed. maybe sooner or later ill be able to finish guru songs without button mashing =] least i can finish any song on ffr. i think thats an accomplishment =]
Old 10-8-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

1 Hander here. I've been playing only since April and I'm guessing I'm high up in the ranks of one handers. One Handing is about pride and playing the game with a handicap. We have a much harder time playing the game, as well we do much more work to get better then spread or index players.

Stick with one hand. Unless you want to switch, don't. Don't let others persuade you. Try spread, if you like it, switch.

^^
Old 10-8-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
Wootsicle
Nothing can stop me now..
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Wootsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowenol View Post
ive played ffr for about two years now, and have played one handed the whole time. it seems most everyone uses two hands, but i have a burning loyalty to one hand for some reason. do many other people play with one? if so how good are they? i can complete any song, just not any of the gurus well. is this good o.0

[also if im disobeying a sticky or some rule please tell me as this is my first thread =x]
I highly suggest switching to spread if you don't want to be handicapped every time you play FFR. If you're looking to improve your scores based on yourself, then sure keep playing one handed. If you want to compete with others, though, spread is pretty much a must.

PS, You only have one nipple.
Wootsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ahem.
Old 10-8-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

I had played one handed for the first FOUR years. I've switched to two-handing sometime in July or something, and I got TWICE as better during these THREE MONTHS.

After my first year, I hit a gigantic roadblock and did not improve one bit. The best I could do was like FC Silence, with 100+ goods.
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 09:51 PM   #9
Flowenol
FFR Player

lmao. -checks- nope i have two nipples. must be the lack of light -.- but yeah. i know im playing at a disadvantage but id just like to see if i could become as good as some of the people that play with two with just one. i know im not going to be the best, but i still like to think ill be pretty good with just one hand =] just wanted to kinda know what 'good' is with one hand.
Old 10-8-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
jecht3009046
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If you can AAA a very difficult with one hand, then I'd say your doing pretty good. When you can AAA challenging and very challenging, then your doing REALLY good (for a one hander). Once you can FC FMO and FGO songs with a decent PA (SDG maybe?) then it might be time to switch to spread in order to AAA them.
jecht3009046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to KilikOdagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootsicle View Post
PS, You only have one nipple.
Quote from Jeff Foxworthy:
If you've ever had your nipple bitten off by a beaver, you might be a redneck.

I'm sigging this.
Old 10-8-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
Flowenol
FFR Player

lmao. glad to see im already semi-making a name for myself from someone elses quote in a sig? xD i can almost FC xdreamer final cut, but thats a pretty easy song. as for other things its just i cant really see a pattern, and it makes it a bit more difficult >.<

Edit: "i can almost FC xdreamer final cut" CAN.

Last edited by Flowenol; 10-8-2007 at 11:14 PM..
Old 10-9-2007, 12:03 AM   #13
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well, let's see, you've been here for 2 years and have played almost 2000 games. I guarantee you that in 2000 games, had you been using 2 hands, you would have progressed 4 times faster. I'm not joking.

It's a fact that you physically cannot accomplish with one hand what you can accomplish with two hands. This does not just apply to FFR, this applies to just about everything in life.

Try switching to two hands and get good. Once you see how much easier it is to play well, and how much easier it to get better and better, you'll most likely want to stick with it.

Take it from a guy who played with 1 hand for almost 3 years and just switched months ago. After 3 years of playing with one hand, I couldn't even hardly FC a Difficult song (and maybe I just sucked). But after only months of playing with 2 hands, I have already AAAed 3 Challenging songs, one hard enough to unlock me Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy].

EDIT: Using 2 hands I AAAed X-Dreamer.... sound good?
TheSeventhSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 12:23 AM   #14
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeventhSign View Post
Well, let's see, you've been here for 2 years and have played almost 2000 games. I guarantee you that in 2000 games, had you been using 2 hands, you would have progressed 4 times faster. I'm not joking.

It's a fact that you physically cannot accomplish with one hand what you can accomplish with two hands. This does not just apply to FFR, this applies to just about everything in life.

Try switching to two hands and get good. Once you see how much easier it is to play well, and how much easier it to get better and better, you'll most likely want to stick with it.

Take it from a guy who played with 1 hand for almost 3 years and just switched months ago. After 3 years of playing with one hand, I couldn't even hardly FC a Difficult song (and maybe I just sucked). But after only months of playing with 2 hands, I have already AAAed 3 Challenging songs, one hard enough to unlock me Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy].

EDIT: Using 2 hands I AAAed X-Dreamer.... sound good?
Eh... Yeah you just sucked.
>.>
Old 10-9-2007, 12:50 AM   #15
Flowenol
FFR Player

AAA means what again? all i did was good and perfect. does that make AAA? >.>
Old 10-9-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

You need all perfects for a AAA. AAA's will be rank 1, and the maximum possible score on a song.

There being no set way to play FFR, there is no such thing as a "handicapped" style of playing. You are equally free to play any way you want, so your accomplishments should be viewed objectively as scores.

It shouldn't matter one bit whether you play spread, one hand, two hands, whatever. A good score is a good score, and a bad one is a bad one.

Saying "But I went out of my way to make it harder on myself" doesn't really make doing mediocre any less mediocre except as a stunt score. Playing some FGO song with dizzy on 3.0 makes for something you can call a stunt score playing under a handicap. If you consider playing one-handed to be a handicap, you should really just stop playing one-handed.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 01:05 AM   #17
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Eh... Yeah you just sucked.
>.>
Zageron, why are you taking other people's posts aside in a thread that has nothing to do with how much somebody other than the topic creator sucks?

And I'd like to see you AAA Amefuri Koneko, Mr. Onehander. How about SDG on 20031023 while you're at it, kthx. THAT was the whole point of that post, yet you somehow managed to point out the part where you thought I sucked? By the way, nice best AAA there, Mr. Mocha Ocean, I AAAed Horizon one handed, so you don't get to talk about other people sucking anymore, Mr. 5000 average rank.
Old 10-9-2007, 01:07 AM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Why are you flaming him because he took a shot at you? Better to simply let his comment stand so he can look foolish instead of rising to the occasion and sinking to a lower level.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 01:08 AM   #19
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wow, you replied fast, I was about to edit my post and say something to you, but I'll just say it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
There being no set way to play FFR, there is no such thing as a "handicapped" style of playing. You are equally free to play any way you want, so your accomplishments should be viewed objectively as scores.

It shouldn't matter one bit whether you play spread, one hand, two hands, whatever. A good score is a good score, and a bad one is a bad one.

Saying "But I went out of my way to make it harder on myself" doesn't really make doing mediocre any less mediocre except as a stunt score. Playing some FGO song with dizzy on 3.0 makes for something you can call a stunt score playing under a handicap. If you consider playing one-handed to be a handicap, you should really just stop playing one-handed.
SIGGED. You rule.
Old 10-9-2007, 01:40 AM   #20
Flowenol
FFR Player

i didnt quite mean to make this a flaming thread o.0 but yeah. i can see where youre coming from devon. its true that i have the ability to play two handed but i deny it. so i guess it isnt quite a handicapped. however you cant deny that it is tougher to play with one hand. thats what i was going for >.<