Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2023, 12:06 AM   #21
Fireo
FFR Player

Default Re: With how many keys did you start off your VSRG (rhythm games) journey?

I been using 4k, I want to dabble into 6k and whatever Clone hero/Guitar hero would be
Fireo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 06:50 PM   #22
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: With how many keys did you start off your VSRG (rhythm games) journey?

I started with dance pads and DDR, but for a hand-based game it's technically 3. Tap Tap Revenge had 3 lanes, so I'm counting it.

Then I play mostly 4k with SM then FFR then Etterna, and have dabbled in some 6k with another (now defunct) rhythm game.

With how my hands are I don't think I could properly play anything above 6k, but I could play up to 6k well if I try it more.

Last edited by Ghost_Medley; 07-15-2023 at 06:51 PM..
Ghost_Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:56 PM   #23
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
5, if you count guitar hero like... 15ish years ago?

otherwise 4 and dont intend to change that.
same

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:30 AM   #24
Gamery
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher

with 7k in 02jam in 2017 XDD
Gamery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:41 AM   #25
WolfTypist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to WolfTypist

started with 4 as a meme, because I wanted to play rhythm games. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but this is the first rhythm game I signed up for. Now I'm rocking songs in the 60's difficulty levels and also picked back up guitar hero, so also 5k i guess.
WolfTypist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2023, 04:50 PM   #26
br1mst0ne
FFR Player

4 keys, because I find that higher keycounts make it hard for me to concentrate on actually reading the notes.

BTW: 6k is easy "enough", but the difference in control between my 4k fingers (middle, index) and my 6k fingers (ring) is way too great for me to enjoy it.
br1mst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:23 PM   #27
Setsuwa
FFR Player

Started 4k with robeats, still rocking 4 keys, I do 7/8k semi-frequently for fun every now and then.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:34 PM   #28
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

7k, started playing o2jam in highschool and moved to other rhythm games when it died in europe.
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 11:34 AM   #29
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

My first two rhythm games were DDR Extreme and Percussion Master. Both probably count as 4

But I never stopped there, and feel I've at least tried every major configuration out there

These days it's mostly IIDX SP (7keys+Turn Table) or Project DIVA (4Keys). I love love love Pump Doubles (10 keys) though; always felt better then DDR or ITG doubles for foot placement

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 10:03 AM   #30
Adriano264
THE ONLY PERUVIAN ALIVE

I started 4k with FFR, and still rocking on 4k.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:05 AM   #31
zatfer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by salAndy View Post
Me, I started off with 4 keys, currently going with 7 keys right now.
Hi everyone, I want to share my experience of going to escape rooms with my friends. It was a fun and challenging adventure that tested our teamwork and logic skills. We chose the Da Vinci’s Secret room, which was full of puzzles and clues related to the famous artist and inventor. We had to find the hidden entrance to his workshop, solve his riddles, and escape before the time ran out. It was not easy, but we managed to do it with a few minutes to spare. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was well-designed and immersive. I highly recommend this place to anyone who likes escape rooms or wants to try something new. The only downside was the traffic on the way there and back, but it was worth it.
mine started at escape room

Last edited by zatfer; 01-18-2024 at 05:49 AM..
zatfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:17 PM   #32
Skullbac
Definitively Not Pro
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My first rhythm game was DDR Extreme in 2007 so that was with 4 pads
As a child (around 2007 to 2011) I then found multiple flash rhythm games on the internet having various amounts of keys, by this I mean between 1 and 8 keys.
I then played Guitar Hero from 2011 to 2014, which was 5 frets and a strumbar

Then in 2014 I started playing Nekodancer, and that became 4 keys for many years (aided by my introduction to FFR shortly after when gold stinger, Charu and Gradiant played Nekodancer)

I don't really play this game seriously anymore but I still lurk around and chat with people.
Now I use 5 or 10 pads on a Pump It Up FIESTA EX 2011 machine since June 2022. I play both singles and doubles on it.

Last edited by Skullbac; 01-17-2024 at 01:25 PM..
Skullbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:38 PM   #33
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Started with 4k, tried 7k for a short time... only stuck with 4k since then.

I miss playing some DDR/ITG, need to get back into it some time.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:14 PM   #34
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

started with FFR.... moved on to making charts for keyboard stepmania at 4k, 6k, and ultimately 8k. haven't played or made anything in quite a while though. i'm just checking in on the forums here.
My Rhythm game skills skyrocketed when I started making my own StepMania charts.

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 01-22-2024 at 09:24 PM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 03:39 PM   #35
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh wow, great timing! I come on this site 3-4 times a year to check up on stuff!

I started off with DDR for a couple years when I was 12 and then switch to FFR up until the long website crash back over a decade ago. (I forgot what exact year that was).

Then I switched to playing Stepmania at 4k for a couple more years but then I grew tired of playing the same charts over and over again. So then I ended up switching to learning how to make my own step charts and fell in love with it for years.

I eventually got good enough to be able to make my own simfile packs. Most popular ones being the Rebound Dump Collection Pack Series 1 and 2 in which I believe greatly helped modernize how dump files are made today.

Then I switched to OSU for a few more years after that and quit at around mid 2016. About 8 years ago.

I have not really played much games after that as I decided to greatly turn my life around. I have never been happier~

However, every so often, I think to myself if I should ever come back randomly and decide to finish RDCP 3. It's a fun thought I have to have in my mind hehe
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:42 AM   #36
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher

I guess technically 5 with GH
4 with VSRGs
I intend on venturing into 6k because I heard Solo Rulz
Old 01-30-2024, 02:47 AM   #37
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

4 keys (DDR) then stepmania, then ITG. 21 years later, looks like 4 is the magic number
Old 01-31-2024, 11:22 PM   #38
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

4key, but I have branched off to other things through the years.
Old 02-1-2024, 01:44 AM   #39
Zyeesh
FFR Player

started at 4, stayed at 4
Zyeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2024, 05:13 PM   #40
Mihari
FFR Player

5,but now i play 4k as my main but also play 6-8k,just not so good(actually i think 4k is more interesting)
Mihari is offline   Reply With Quote