Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Simply awesome!

Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson. A 15-year-old puts up a Facebook post bashing her parents for making her work too hard, dad reacts by posting a video response to her grievances on her Facebook page.

Link.

Be sure to watch the whole video AND the ending.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 02-10-2012 at 10:09 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl
Default Re: Simply awesome!

Lool, hilarious. Good on him.

The getting a job at 15 seems harsh though, you can't even legally get a job here at 15.

Last edited by welsh_girl; 02-10-2012 at 10:22 AM..
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
Lool, hilarious. Good on him.

The getting a job at 15 seems harsh though, you can even legally get a job here at 15.
Why companies are reluctant to hiring 15 year olds (I believe this is for the U.S. only):

Quote:
Ages 14 and 15: During the school year, hours are limited to 3 hours a day and 18 hours a week. On days when there's no school and in the summer, working hours increase to 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week. There are limits on when you can work, too - no later than 7 p.m. during the school year and no later than 9 p.m. between June 1 and Labor Day.
Link.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Why companies are reluctant to hiring 15 year olds (I believe this is for the U.S. only):

Link.

Eep, I said can instead of can't.

That's pretty cool you can earn your own money at that age. Over here you don't get a National Insurance card until you're 16 which you need to legally work, even then, no one likes 16yos and the pay is awful.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

In the US you need to get a work permit from the city to be able to work at 15 and even then it's very unlikely anybody would hire them~
Old 02-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
IAAW
FFR Player

That had to be some of the best good ol' fashioned redneck parenting I've seen in quite a while.

*sniff* So beautiful.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
In the US you need to get a work permit from the city to be able to work at 15 and even then it's very unlikely anybody would hire them~
I'm 15. And have a job. Have had one for over a year. *shrug* Just gotta find the right business.
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
That had to be some of the best good ol' fashioned redneck parenting I've seen in quite a while.

*sniff* So beautiful.
^^^ this.

ps. i watched this about a half hour before i looked in this thread someone linked me it on Facebook oh the irony
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Ok, so
- Paying $130 and spending time to install software, and then shooting up the thing? You have got to be joking
- "You are disrespectful to every adult in your life": AGEISM as justification for this shit? This is basically being like "stay in your place, we're your parents, you suck". I wonder how worried the daughter is now about being a perfect little princess (read: servant) to the world!
- His thing about his past is making him all "my life sucked, so yours will too" about this. And how exactly will being this stupid fix your daughter? Again, instead of being a supportive parent to EXPLAIN things to her, he tries using forced BS.
- Rather than fixing up the relationship, this is trying to coerce the daughter into humiliation. Humiliating your daughter online instead of trying to help her as a supportive parent? GG man, how do you feel about yourself?
- School does take some significant time too, and a lot of other factors can be taken into account - clubs, community service, hobbies. "Get up and get on the bus. that's all your responsibilities" - so actually *gasp* concentrating on school to help get a good future isn't a responsibility?!?!

If you ask me, this is very close to psychological abuse. The "bullet into the laptop" is nothing more than a compulsive act of revenge on the daughter to try making the father feel better. This is an example of how reasoning isn't being used, but instead force and bad parenting. I'm starting to think this video is viral also because it is bad parenting.

This could have simply been solved with a reasonable discussion between the parents and the daughter. But NOPE, looks like the father had to go all internet attention whore and show a lack of empathy for his daughter.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

In b4 kid tells the whole world that her life is a living hell with her parents.

He did what's best for her, and from what I am understanding, she does not work, does not appreciate anything her parents do for her, and STILL had the audacity to curse her parents out in Facebook. Regardless of her age and the age allowed to work: if you are dependent on someone else's earnings from work you should at the LEAST respect them. Chores are nothing.. people who make a big deal about them are lazy spoiled ****s.

And how this dad handled it was too civil; I wish he used a jackhammer. Worst case scenario in my mind would probably be a parent in this situation smashing the laptop on the brat. Probably would be the ideal thing if I ever did that to my parents, just sayin'.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Another big problem with the video is that it is being told in the parent's perspective - there is still a lot missing about the daughter.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Another big problem with the video is that it is being told in the parent's perspective - there is still a lot missing about the daughter.
Psychological abuse? Really? I'm pretty sure this doesn't even come close. Coming from what the daughter has written, I think she's ****ing peachy, just living a "very hard" life with doing chores, waiting for a bus and going to school.

I'm sure the FIRST time she did something like this, they most likely just talked about it. But doing it again, I think the parents did a fine job in handling the situation. It's a laptop that she did not own. Sounds like she does not appreciate anything in life. AND they have a helper in the house? Totally sounds like a hard life for her.

A talk would not fix anything. It didn't the first time, so he had to do what had to be done.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

You're entitled to your opinion about this, but the way he's talked in the video, it does not sound like he has actually taken the time to understand why she's feeling the way she is, and is instead using what she posted on Facebook as an entire representation of her.

"Sounds like she does not appreciate anything in life" - again, this video is being told in parent's perspective, and there could be a lot of hidden shit we don't know about concerning the daughter. I will agree she does sound a bit spoiled, however.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 02-10-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
Anaru
Banned
FFR Veteran

Saw this yesterday night..

Hilarious.
Anaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
You're entitled to your opinion about this, but the way he's talked in the video, it does not sound like he has actually taken the time to understand why she's feeling the way she is, and is instead using what she posted on Facebook as an entire representation of her.

"Sounds like she does not appreciate anything in life" - again, this video is being told in parent's perspective, and there could be a lot of hidden shit we don't know about concerning the daughter.
If there are, by any means, a reason why she posted this probably because of mistreatment at home, feeling overworked, etc etc., I still have no remorse from what is given to me. It just sounds like an over-exaggeration of what she is asked to do around the house in favor of parental support. But her feel of superiority put her in wrong-doing: humiliation in any terms does not get left alone like it was just a joke.

This is her parents we are talking about here. Lest there be physical or mental abuse that are hidden behind this man's video, the daughter still did something naive and petty.

Parents have done worse than this, even to things less serious of a situation. Coming from me, who was mentally and physically abused when I was young, I do not agree with what the kid has done, and that is disrespecting your parents.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
DotKritic
Forum User

I was looking forward to the dad pulling out a shotgun, "You think those bullets were bad, here's my shotgun."

Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

too, ****ing, boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

laptop getting shot was awesome but i'm w/ dossar on this, bad parenting leads to destruction of their own property, if this is even considered funny it's because that guy totally could have made like $200 off that laptop and now it's not worth shit because he basically got trolled by his daughter.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
Mau5
FFR Player

GOOD FIGHT. Silence the haters.

What like 2 million views in 2 days? Wowwww... Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

Last edited by Mau5; 02-10-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Say what you want but I'm actually with the dad on this. (unlike some comments etc.)
We have so many unproductive, bratty and plain moronic people who pollute the populace nowadays, it's quite disgusting.
(and this is coming from a liberal)

Her attitude is basically: "Don't wanna do shit and make a big emotional rant about it."
Basic Appeal to emotion (Pathos) fallacy and some of you are falling for it.

Also, if I were to do something like this about my parents I don't know what the consequences would be. Learn some respect.

PS: That ending albeit being a bit extreme was a nice touch. 4/5.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 02-10-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote