Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #101
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneSM View Post
Well, it's nice to know that you move your legs in some way, whether it's a rhythm game or not :b. But I guess running isn't meant for everyone, haha.
I disagree. I've been doing long distance for over 6 years and I definitely hated running when I started my freshman year in high school. Now I'm an addict.
I think people start to appreciate it more when you're exposed to it by the right people, tools, and motivation.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #102
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I just started sprinting again. I used to be a sprinter back in school on the track team but I haven't done much running in 10+ years.

Second day out I ran a 12.87 100 m. Does anyone know if that's any good at all? I know I was completely maxed out because I felt like I had just about killed myself even after an extensive warmup...had to lay on the track for a good 5+ minutes before I could move lmao. My everything was sore.

Going to keep doing them once or twice a week at a lower intensity so I can do more intervals, and see how fast I can get.
Fastest kids in my school are at high 10s/low 11s 12 is considered pretty damn good, at least in our schools conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #103

Some of the people in this thread are incomprehensibly fast. Awesome job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I disagree. I've been doing long distance for over 6 years and I definitely hated running when I started my freshman year in high school. Now I'm an addict.
I think people start to appreciate it more when you're exposed to it by the right people, tools, and motivation.
Especially true for me. When I started freshman year (last year) I could barely run 2 minutes without walking. It was painful, to say the least. Now, after nine months of practice, I'm pretty happy with where I am, though being far from the best.

I guess that being motivated holds true the most in distance running compared to other sports such as football. Unlike other sports, running requires stamina, both physically and mentally. I can tell you that getting the encouragement from high school varsity upperclassmen really helped with my improvement, and I'd probably be significantly fatter had I not joined CC.
___________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #104
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
I only enjoy running within the context of sports. If I'm not occupying my mind, I'm bored by it.

I find simply running to be boring. If I were to do sprinting, I'd just do a variety of HIIT as opposed to just sprinting.

Last edited by SCWolf; 06-19-2014 at 01:28 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #105
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
I only enjoy running within the context of sports. If I'm not occupying my mind, I'm bored by it.

I find simply running to be boring. If I were to do sprinting, I'd just do a variety of HIIT as opposed to just sprinting.
exactly the same way as me. running in sports>sprints >>>>> long distance, so when I run distance I have to make a good playlist so it isn't such a boring ass grind. feeling is great afterwards though but doing it is so yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #106
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I usually run with music myself, but not because the running bores me. I'm usually focusing on my technique and breathing for the most part. The music just usually helps me surpass mental walls that I come to in certain parts of my workout. Plus, I have to put my spotify account to some good use.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #107
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
Very close to that 13:32!
Turns out 13:39 was good enough, so I'll be running at USAs next Friday! Seeded 12th I believe out of 24. I'll get my ass kicked but maybe I can sneak a back door top 8 in.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #108
Tidus810
slimy, yet ... satisfying
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
Turns out 13:39 was good enough, so I'll be running at USAs next Friday! Seeded 12th I believe out of 24. I'll get my ass kicked but maybe I can sneak a back door top 8 in.
that's seriously awesome, man. good luck! I remember watching a live stream of you running when you made a thread about it a while back, pretty impressive.

ok, I'm looking for some advice. I can currently jog a 5k without stopping, but it feels like it takes forever and soon after I hit that mark I'm about done. I want to build my stamina up and run farther more than anything, but I also want to get faster without tiring halfway through. I'm thinking I'll just have to deal with being slow until I can run farther... thoughts?
Tidus810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #109
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
Are you talking about 3200m?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #110
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus810 View Post
ok, I'm looking for some advice. I can currently jog a 5k without stopping, but it feels like it takes forever and soon after I hit that mark I'm about done. I want to build my stamina up and run farther more than anything, but I also want to get faster without tiring halfway through. I'm thinking I'll just have to deal with being slow until I can run farther... thoughts?
Easy. The best way to do this is change it up during the week. For instance, you could do 2 days for long miles. Since 5k is your limit, try to push to 4 to 5 miles those days. Then have some interval training done. So you could do 6x400 on a track. Wait about 30 seconds in between each one, but shoot for like 1 minute and 30 seconds. It will hurt.
On your other 2 days, you could run some more long, or try to do some swimming. The whole point is you want to change it up, but work out 5 times a week. You'll notice a huge improvement after a month if your dedicated.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #111
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

blisters.

what do
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #112
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

bandaids
Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #113
Shouka
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Are you talking about 3200m?
Nope. He is talking about a 5k.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #114
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

If that's a 5k time, that's pretty close to a men's world record.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #115
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If that's a 5k time, that's pretty close to a men's world record.
Not really... Still 62 seconds off unfortunately
Old 06-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #116
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

still on the grind. took a couple of medium-length breaks. trying to stop doing that.

felt really great on my run yesterday. something I'm wondering: does drinking milk a while before running give anyone problems? I'm a cereal addict, so I down some milk pretty much every morning (or afternoon, oops). sometimes when I run later in the day, even if it's hours after I ate that bowl of cereal, I experience some stomach pain after a mile or two. yesterday I had no milk. coincidence? hmmmm

shoes are still working very nicely for me. no complaints. and they look so flashy! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
blisters.

what do
take a break until swelling is reduced, and then they turn into calluses I think? /nonscience

make sure your shoes fit properly. if they don't, gotta get new shoes.

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 06-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: i think the word fit is not spelled f i r
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #117
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Try taking milk after a run. Before is usually not that good.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #118
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post

take a break until swelling is reduced, and then they turn into calluses I think? /nonscience

make sure your shoes fir properly. if they don't, gotta get new shoes.
I think I need new shoes.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #119
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
I think I need new shoes.
Also, invest in some good inserts. Those can do wonders.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #120
LaZboy77
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to LaZboy77

I've run a few marathons in the past while I was still in high school. Ten actually. I was in 9th grade when I realized that I needed to make a change in my life. I started running on the treadmill, which I completely dreaded. What was initially a journey to losing weight became a cross-country marathoning adventure. My parents drove me to races across the U.S., namely Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Washington (state).

I haven't run a marathon in over two years, but I'm planning on running with my old training group when they start in just a couple of weeks. They're training for the Route 66 marathon here in Oklahoma. I've run that race twice, and both times it's kicked my ass. Maybe I'll try to avenge myself if I feel like this summer's training has gotten me back to the point I was about two years ago.