Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
Armadegon
FFR Player

Post 2008 Presidential elections

It is that time of year, yes I know I am acting as the mesanger of evil but it is the truth that the presidential campaign season has started. Currently the polls show Hillary Clinton as the demcratic front runner however I think Barrack O'Bama has a wider suport base and cuold realy be onto something with his usage of podcasting and the internet as campaign tools. On the Republin side you have John MCain and Guliani. As a firm democrat I do not realy monitor the Republican candidates however I thought it might be nice to just have a thread dedicated to the madness. Feel free to share your thoughts on candidates, experiences or comment on things, minor or major, that will effect the outcome of the race.
Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity
Armadegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x
Default Re: 2008 Presidential elections

Considering the republican values base, Rudy might be in trouble because he shared a living place with two homosexual men. Stupid, I know, but it might play in. Johnny, on the other hand, might get himself in trouble because he's too moderate for most people. I really wouldn't mind Mccain as a president at all.

On the things that will factor positively, there is of course Giuliani's handling of 9/11 (as in, being in office when it happened). But hell, that might factor negatively as well.

I don't even know what to think about Hilary. She seems to be doing rather stupid things in order to try seem more moderate and win over swing voters, some of which I disagree with staunchly.

I don't even know what Obama's record is. Sad, I know.

I'm a registered Libertarian. I know that whoever gets into office I will end up taking issue with on something or other. Of course, I'm not liking the Libertarian parties offerings either. I really have no clue who I'm going to vote for.
Kilroy_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
tobias_foxdemon
FFR Player

I have no idea either... but I might as well start looking into it as I'll be old enough to vote by the time elections roll around.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
I am staring INTO YOUR SOUL
tobias_foxdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Armadegon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_x View Post
Considering the republican values base, Rudy might be in trouble because he shared a living place with two homosexual men. Stupid, I know, but it might play in. Johnny, on the other hand, might get himself in trouble because he's too moderate for most people. I really wouldn't mind Mccain as a president at all.

On the things that will factor positively, there is of course Giuliani's handling of 9/11 (as in, being in office when it happened). But hell, that might factor negatively as well.

I don't even know what to think about Hilary. She seems to be doing rather stupid things in order to try seem more moderate and win over swing voters, some of which I disagree with staunchly.

I don't even know what Obama's record is. Sad, I know.

I'm a registered Libertarian. I know that whoever gets into office I will end up taking issue with on something or other. Of course, I'm not liking the Libertarian parties offerings either. I really have no clue who I'm going to vote for.
Even as a firm left democrat I manage to take issue with anyone. The one issue I disagree with democrats on is abortion and that is one of the main democratic positions though. Nobody really satisfies me this time around. Hillary has never renounced her vote for going into Iraq, OBama Is a smoker Julliani and MCain ore on the wrong side of the aisle. Looks like it will be the lesser of two evils again in '08
Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Cheesy Potatoes Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity Insanity
Old 02-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

What does "is a smoker" mean, and why is it an issue? Also, why are you pro-life?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

I'm not old enough to vote but I have to support Bill Richardson because I'm from New Mexico, and believe me he has done a great job here. He has gotten like 5 people out of Iraq and other places before they killed them. I believe he is a good person but I don't not think he will the Democrat runner for the White House.
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

"is a smoker" means "he smokes".

I'm also a Richardson fan... but it looks like he's a huge long shot. He's got great experience though.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Smokes what? Marijuana?

Why is ANY kind of smoking an issue?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
super kid
FFR Player

Quote:
Smokes what? Marijuana?

Why is ANY kind of smoking an issue?
Maybe or smokes other things?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Armadegon
FFR Player

Quote:
What does "is a smoker" mean, and why is it an issue? Also, why are you pro-life?
1.(A)The president is someone that children look up to and think of as somone they wnat to model themselves after. I don't think that we should have the nations role-model be somone addicted to nicotine
1.(B)It means he smokes. I hope you knew that.
2.I simply do not belive it is right to have an abortion unless it is necesary to save the mothers life. I understand some people disagree with me and that is fine it is just what I think about that issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kid View Post
I'm not old enough to vote but I have to support Bill Richardson because I'm from New Mexico, and believe me he has done a great job here. He has gotten like 5 people out of Iraq and other places before they killed them. I believe he is a good person but I don't not think he will the Democrat runner for the White House.
I also think Richardson is a good guy but he doesn't really stand much of a chance. It's sad the way things work in politics.

Just a breif note, as i stated above I have nothing against somone who smokes I just do not belive that person should become a role moddel for the nations children and teenagers. Also a clarification, He smokes cigaretes not any ilegal substance of any sort.

Last edited by Armadegon; 02-10-2007 at 09:48 PM..
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
super kid
FFR Player

We need another great president like JFK.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadegon View Post
1.(A)The president is someone that children look up to and think of as somone they wnat to model themselves after. I don't think that we should have the nations role-model be somone addicted to nicotine
That seems like a fairly stupid reason compared to other actual issues

Quote:
2.I simply do not belive it is right to have an abortion unless it is necesary to save the mothers life. I understand some people disagree with me and that is fine it is just what I think about that issue.
What is the basis for this belief?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #13
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Request: don't make this thread into a prochoice-prolife debate.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #14
super kid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadegon View Post
Its not like the president is going to give the State of the union and smoke at the same time.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #15
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Request: don't make this thread into a prochoice-prolife debate.
Alright.

Armadegon, if you would be so inclined we should take the conversation on such matters to PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
Armadegon
FFR Player

Okay Okay I rest my case. Im not trying to flame please do not interpret my coments that way I am just saying that a presedential candidate smoking... it bugs me. Also on my Pro-life stance it is just my gut feeling. Sometimes you know you just ask yourself if something is right or wrong and something inside you just comes out and says it's wrong or it's right. Pleose understand that when I post It is about the candidates not about my opinion. This thread is about the election and the candidates not armadegon's views.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #17
super kid
FFR Player

Barrack O'Bama his middle name is Heusen (Sadams last name) (sp?) and his last name is O'bama or O'Sama I have a bad felling about this guy
Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #18
Armadegon
FFR Player

1. His middle name is Huesen? His last name is O'Bama? Why does this make a difference in your eyes. Names are names and they do not in any way represent the beliefs or loyaltys of a person.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #19
super kid
FFR Player

Ahh just felt like saying it, but a lot of people will not vote for him because of it. Its true I have over herd a lot of people say it. Its just how Americans are.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

sadly