Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
CDI_
FFR Player

Default Elite Beat Agents

has anyone here played it? Is it any good? Has anyone caught whiff of a simulator for it? Because the few songs I have played at the store ( can't afford a DS, no. Don't go and suggest it. I barely still have internet, I am not buying a DS ) are okay, but they could be better. Perhaps someone here could make a game like it. I have been trying, but alas I am no good at flash games only animations :P

CDI_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Elite Beat Agents

From what I've seen in the ads on TV, it looks just like a flash game that was posted here a while back.

EDIT: I can't find it

Last edited by Afrobean; 11-21-2006 at 04:42 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

It could easily be turned into a flash game of some sorts. You would just located clicks of the mouse to replace touch screen commands.

I didn't care too much for the EBA soundtrack but it's still a fun game with a couple of tracks I enjoyed. I played the hug out of Osu! (the Japanese version) and enjoyed it very much.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
linky123456
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to linky123456 Send a message via Yahoo to linky123456

its pretty fun.dont know how hard the hardest song is though,so i cant say much
linky123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 AM   #5
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

It's incredibly fun. I'm sitting here playing it right now. =)

While the easy mode is...Well, it's pretty easy. But it does give a solid introduction to the game.

Yet, towards the end, no matter how good you are, it'll take some time to get things right. Let alone S-ranking everything.

And the hardest song is pretty sick. One slip in the stream and you're basically gone already.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
Animefreak999
FFR Player

it is soooooo awesome and i made a thread about it a while back but i put it in the wrong forum so try to find it in general video games
i believe this is it http://www.xqsite.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=53581

Last edited by Animefreak999; 12-13-2006 at 04:48 PM..
Animefreak999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
Sharpnel-X
FFR Player

I played it at Wal-Mart last weekend, and I thought it was ok. I would give it a 6/10.
Sharpnel-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpnel-X View Post
I played it at Wal-Mart last weekend, and I thought it was ok. I would give it a 6/10.
6/10? A lot of people would disagree with you.

The game makes many improvements to the gameplay. I really liked the new features like Replay Saves and Reviews. The songs were also pretty good, even though many of the songs were just covers and sometimes the music didn't really fit the situation of the characters.

It's a really good adaption of a Japanese game. 9/10.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

if you're willing to import, there's a far less gimmicky music game called Daigassou! Band Brothers.

It's really good, each of the face keys (save start, and select) represent an actualy note, the R key sharpens it a half step, and the L key raises it an octave. You can compose your own music using actualy musical notation, and it's overall a fun game with a decent music selection.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

I might consider getting it when I find out what songs are on there. I loved Ouendan. Thought that was brilliant so I should check this out.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #11
Toyowolf
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Toyowolf Send a message via Yahoo to Toyowolf

I played it so much at Wal-Mart I beat the first difficulty level. :P

I have never played one game so much at a retail store like that.

9.75/10, if not a perfect 10.
Toyowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
Chibi_CopyCat
FFR Player

EBA worse than Osu!Tatakae!Ouendan! but if you didn`t play in Osu! than that game good...on EBA and OTO i can`t go trough last song on expert:J
Chibi_CopyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #13
raver_408
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to raver_408

A friend said this was the DS version of DDR. I agree but I don't think it's worth my money. I would probably get the DS only for Mario Kart.
raver_408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #14
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by raver_408 View Post
A friend said this was the DS version of DDR. I agree but I don't think it's worth my money. I would probably get the DS only for Mario Kart.
I'd say it's was more like "A music game on the DS". I wouldn't say it was the "DS version of DDR" at all. The only Similarity in the two is that fact that there both rhythm based games.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:16 PM   #15
Animefreak999
FFR Player

I beat it now, it wasnt that hard really...well for me im really good at music games.its still fun to play over and over. also multiplayer is excellent because of the versus and the co-op. versus can go up to 4 players. awesome game plain and simple

Animefreak999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

EBA is awesome, despite the utter utter **** that makes up the song list. If it convinced ME to replay La La by Ashlee Simpson (WHOM I HATE WITH A PASSION), then it must be addicting as hell. It can also get frustrating as hell, especially on songs like Jumpin' Jack Flash (except once you beat it on any difficulty, you can go back and beat it easily).

It's not the DDR for the DS, it's something that can only be described as 'very Japanese'.

As for an Ouendan simulator, I'm not sure if one exists or even if it would work very well on the PC.

If you were to compare it to Ouendan, it'd be like comparing Mario to Sonic: impossible to decide which is superior unless you have a bias. While Ouendan wins in the soundtrack department, EBA wins in having songs you've AT LEAST HEARD, if not some you might like (September = AUTOMATIC WIN in my book). Other than that, they're basically the same game.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 12:36 AM   #17
luigihann
FFR Player

Don't be put off by the song list (Not directed at anyone in particular, just in general). EBA is a great game despite the odd song choices.
luigihann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #18
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

Ya, it's a fun game, definitley buy it if you have DS
g4z33b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #19
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Bump because I bought this. It's fun as hell (Cirring was the flash game someone posted, which is very similar) but kinda easy, as I beat the highest difficulty in 3 days and S-ranked Jumpin' Jack Flash Sweatin' the day before.

Things I don't like, though:

-You can't skip the cutscene at the END of a song. I can understand the ones in the middle since the song would get chopped up a lot if you skipped those, but you should always be able to skip the last one (ESPECIALLY in JJF where it's minutes long)
-The lifebar on the last two difficulties is dumb. I know they're supposed to be hard, but you can make things hard the way all the other music games do, by, y'know, having hard charts, rather than just making a lifebar harsher than DDR Extreme Extra Stage (for those who haven't played it, this is no exaggeration at all).
-Hard Rock is a really dumb idea. I always have and always will hate uncomfortable scroll speed (fast or slow) as a means for making something harder in any music game, and that's all Hard Rock is. To make something harder, make faster/harder charts. It's a foolproof method that always works.
-Spinners. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually pretty good at these, but I think they're kind of a bad idea. They introduce a variable that makes maximum scores impossible, they damage your touch screen, and they don't really go well with the music at all, on any song (except arguably JJF, definitely no others).
-Cheerleaders. They aren't at all funny, and are often TOTALLY out of place (You're My Inspiration level, for example). Guys in suits bustin' out moves are funny, and it works well IMO. There was no real reason to have the cheerleaders in the game, and the only point in watching them is for the "omg hot cartoon chix dancin'" factor, if that works for you.
-You're forced to play bonus stages to advance. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and was probably unintentional since you can avoid all bonus stages by just getting bad scores, but it can be really really annoying.

Things I like:
-Replay/Review feature. Every music game should have this. It's especially useful in EBA since you can see all the action on the top screen that you miss ingame, but it's also a great feature for seeing where exactly you messed up and why, and what you should've done.
-The game idea itself. I loved Cirring when I played it, and it only suffered from having basically no songs (3). This is Cirring with a lot more songs and some new gameplay mechanics (like holds, which are handled excellently). I'd have preferred to have more than 19 songs, but I guess you can only fit so much on a tiny little game cartridge.
-The story sequences. They're just kind of randomly wacky, and it works well.
-Total score/ranks, and easy access to all your best score SS's. It's nice to have goals even after finishing, which this provides, and it's nice to be able to look through all your old accomplishments (ala FFR's levelrank.php)

Overall, it's a really nice game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes music games (which, if you're reading this, probably applies to you). It's got some flaws, but none are crippling, and it's quite an enjoyable experience. I'm satisfied and don't regret getting it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2007, 08:31 AM   #20
SethSquall
FFR Player

I didn't get the whole cheerleaders thing either until I found out Ouendan means, "Cheerleaders" hahaha. Got to be honest though, I dig the cheerleaders.