Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
JSH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Hello!

Hey everyone. I have decided to make an introduction thread for one reason or another

Been playing for about a month and yeah...

Oh and to get better, would it be more beneficial to keep practicing hard songs over and over again, or try to FC easier ones?
Thanks for your time if you read this
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Hello!

Cool, welcome aboard.

If you want to get better at playing hard levels, the best way to do it is to play hard levels, but it will only help if you play levels within reason. No matter how much you try to FC something like Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star right now, it's only going to confuse you; play levels that are hard, but within reach.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Cloud0005
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Cloud0005 Send a message via MSN to Cloud0005

Welcome to FFR JSH!
And to answer your question, playing harder songs will NOT make you better. Stick to easy ones until they become too easy for you. Then move up to the next difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
SHUT UP GUYZ HE HAS PROBLEMS!!!!!!

DIDN'T YOU READ HIS NAME??? HE CRIES AT NIGHT!!!!!

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

=o
Cloud0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

What people usually do is they gradually progress up the ladder as they pass harder and harder songs, then stop at a certain point, go back to easier stuff and try to improve the scores they got before.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
JSH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Cool thanks for the advice everyone!

Edit:
When you say play with reason Zybanthia, does that mean to play certain songs to get better at certain skills?

Last edited by JSH; 01-29-2009 at 12:39 PM..
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

I would press the "s" button and choose some levels you're comfortable with, and then click random. I wouldn't practice one song again and again. If you messed up and it was an accident, sure, play it again. But it's better to play an array of songs to help improve every aspect of your playing, as long as you can pass them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
When you say play with reason Zybanthia, does that mean to play certain songs to get better at certain skills?
I actually said within reason, meaning "not beyond the scope of what is possible for you to learn at your skill level." Like I said, no matter how many times you play EHHS at this point, you probably won't learn much (if anything) from it because it's so confusing that you can't effectively draw any sort of improvement from it. If you're playing on one difficulty level very easily, move up 1 or 2 difficulties. You should have trouble doing well, but it shouldn't be "OMG THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE"

At the same time, playing certain songs to get better at certain skills is probably a good idea too. For example, if you want to practice staircases, try Blank Knowing, if you want to practice streams, try Elements, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
I would press the "s" button and choose some levels you're comfortable with, and then click random. I wouldn't practice one song again and again. If you messed up and it was an accident, sure, play it again. But it's better to play an array of songs to help improve every aspect of your playing, as long as you can pass them.
This is actually pretty good advice. Diversity is good. When you find a level you like using random, you can always go back to it anyway.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote