Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #15161
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
If you just don't want to teleport, you could get yourself speed shoes, ic2, and speed pills and just walk around with speed. And notice: between your shoes and cape, that would only be missing out on 10~20 points, which really is basically nothing when you figure how much it affects your damage.
And how much would all that cost? Last time I checked, IC2 isn't cheap. Also, every bit of matk counts. Shoes and cape with equal +matk to what I have would cost much more than 20m for the pig. Also, it's more of a status symbol and a "lol I'm riding a pig" thing than it is about moving faster. I will likely get the pig right away, but I prolly wouldn't get the hog until well past 120, because 50m or however much is way too damn much. Plus the L70 pig is way cuter. ^__________^

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #15162
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Anyone up for GPQ tonight?
**** you.

You seriously wait until I have to work to do this ****.

How about Monday evening, since I'm off for some reason.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #15163
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Killed my first pap. Got 4%. Yay. Got about 40% today >__<

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 AM   #15164
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Ok this is going to be a long post >.>.

First of all, i got my helm by surviving zak and the runners of MnC told me to loot, so i did. There was a run right after that one and i was SUPER happy lol so i was lagging like mad and struggling to kill zak. We were on first or 2nd body and i randomly say " Brb food" to break the silence and kid around thinking ppl would laugh and take it as a joke. Then the runners get all emo and say im not welcomed back in the group blah blah blah. So i continue killing zak with them then i hit a lag spike and faking end up in the middle of zakum. Now xomystikox,forevernite, and magickai are talking about kicking me out of the group/calling my helm STOLEN and some other bull. X.X replies plz =(

I went on the helm list and noticed magickai left my name off of the Milk n Cereal new helms from 1-20-08. w/e man.... just... w/e.

Last edited by vpr0721; 01-21-2008 at 04:51 AM..
Old 01-21-2008, 05:42 AM   #15165
Afrombean
FFR Player

You do know that Jason runs that list right? He can talk things over with these people. You joking around might be grounds for them to be upset with you (although, I must admit that kicking you out for that would be pretty ****ty), but you lagging and dying is not grounds for them to claim your helm is stolen, especially since this apparently went down AFTER you had already looted the helm.

ps that post was not long by any means. Take a look at my last couple of posts.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #15166
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

So.. earlier today I went with my lvl 14 to Osiris.

Insert an hour of me walking around not knowing how the **** to get back and losing 10k.

Horray for teleporters that only work when you're on the left side of them.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #15167
Fearis
FFR Player

So a few updates.
Stats. 23 dex sauna, 12 dex cape, 10 dex shoes, 3 dex hat, 4 dex bow. 11 atk wg 23 jump on shoes 62 atk bow.

DOOMSDAY =DDDDD

My dmg

I thought this guy just looks funny as hell.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #15168
ckj846
FFR Player

You just wasted a ridiculous amount of money. The end.

You could have waited until Level 50+ which means... +5 dex clean overall, Stormcaster, Pink Cape. 8x for dark wing boots, which are constantly being scrolled 12 dex+ for relatively cheap, and you wasted so much time and money on a crappy battle bow when you could have saved up for a good maple soul searcher and then oly =>asianic =>hinkel. Ridiculous. Didn't I tell you this in game?

O_o

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot a zhelm.

Last edited by ckj846; 01-21-2008 at 09:34 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #15169
Fearis
FFR Player

250 mil left.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #15170
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Not according to the 1 million I see in your inventory. But who knows~

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 AM   #15171
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I was bored, so I did a 10 minute run to see what kind of exp I can pull in on my own.

I got a rate of 4,920,960 per hour in that one sample run. That's 4.9m per hour solo.

Oh and by the way, I was doing some maths and I noticed that I had made a mistake somewhere. I won't 2hk Skele 100% of the time until like 127~129 or so. Until then, I'd just be 2hk MOST of the time. And actually, the damage that I'll be short of 2hking in worst case scenario will be smaller than my min with Heal, meaning that if I pull mobs with Heal, I'll be 2hking anyway. Or, you know, I could just get a decent scrolled umbrella and a nice shield and I'd be up to enough magic to 2hk 100% at current level.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #15172
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...idx=5376&cat=3

MapleStory will be going through a scheduled Patch on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008.

This one involves the game servers, and it'll last for approximately 9 hours.

<MapleStory Patch>

- Server : All Game Servers

- Time : Tuesday, January 22nd, 10:00 pm ~ 7:00 am PST

(Wednesday, January 23rd, 6:00 am ~ 3:00 pm GMT)

The website will be available during the Patch.

Thank you, and Happy Mapling!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #15173
Lain_Iwakura
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lain_Iwakura

wow he scrolled a battle bow

a battle bow
Old 01-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #15174
ckj846
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearis View Post
250 mil left.
Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you waste it on useless things o.o... You'll have that battle bow for what? A week? With your equips, it'll only take you a few weeks to get to 50, even if you play off and on.

O_o

Edit: PS, I will not be playing maple for a few weeks now due to 4th job. Yay Scania and massive overflow of people! Haha.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #15175
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
I will not be playing maple for a few weeks now due to 4th job. Yay Scania and massive overflow of people! Haha.
With people going nuts over Leafre and 4th job, everywhere else should be more accessible than it is right now.

OR YOU COULD MOVE TO BERA

Wait. That won't really help a lot either, since we're pretty packed too. Move to Mardia or something.

EDIT: As a continuation on what Jason said above:
ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/pa...tice/00049.txt
Quote:
Greetings, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.49 is here!

MapleStory starts off 2008 with a bang!
4th Job! Leafre! Mounts and a horde of new Gameplay features are here!

4TH JOB!

The final Job Advancement of MapleStory is here! All players over Level 120 are encouraged to head to the town of Leafre for all-new
skills! Here are the new Classes:

- Warrior -
Hero
Dark Knight
Paladin

- Magician -
Arch Mage - Fire/Poison
Arch Mage - Ice/Lightning
Bishop

- Thief -
Shadower
Nightlord

- Bowman -
Bowmaster
Marksman

Grab your best gear and head to Orbis Station to begin your new training!

LEAFRE

Located on the continent of Ossyria, the town of Leafre is home to some of the Maple World's fiercest monsters! Pack plenty of potions,
and your best weapons--this area is built for the advanced Mapler! Also in Leafre, you can refine new, powerful weapons, take up
plenty of town quests, and hunt two fearsome Bosses: Manon and Griffey! Head to orbis and grab a ticket!

NEW SKILLS

Ever wanted to scroll an item you couldn't wear? Those days are over! Check out Eurek the Alchemist for the Legendary Spirit Skill!

Ever wondered what it'd be like to ride a Happy Hog or Wild Boar? Wonder no longer--Mounts are here! Be sure to check out Kenta for more
info and get your Mount today! Level 70+!

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

A host of improvements await you in-game! These include:

- Monster Name/HP Bar -
- World Maps -
- Party Leader Re-assignment -
- Quest Alarm Function -
- Quest List (+/-) -
- Buff/Skill Icon Timer -

Check Nexon.net for details!

Also, brand new items debut in the Cash Shop!

< Cash Item >

- UFO (Effect)
- Plasma Saber (weapon)
- Garden Trail (Effect)
- Hot Dog Fork (Weapon)
- Party Popper (Weapon)
- Celestial Light (Weapon)
- Umbrella Hat (Hat)

check out the Cash Shop!

Enjoy the new content for MapleStory! Happy Mapling!

- The MapleStory Staff -
Worth noticing: Crossbowmaster is Marksman now. Hopefully they don't take such liberties in other things. Marksman makes sense, but I'd hate to think of weird changes that would not make sense. Like... what, Penetrate instead of Pierce. Just stupid crap like that.

Oh and it's also worth noticing that there is no mention of Horntail or other things like Warrior's special Stance quest (or even ANY mention of ANY quest). I can't wait to see how this plays out, because the ****storm that would ensue from leaving that out would be hilarious.

"OMG WTF I CAN'T GET ANY OF MY SKILLS ****ING NEXON ****** BITCH"

"Shut up. We gave you 4th job like you wanted. See? Look. Three core skills. I don't care if they suck and you can't unlock your useful skills yet, that's all you're getting; now go away while we go back to working entirely on low level **** just so you have no new content to enjoy even though high levels are the lifeblood of this company. I mean, come on. You guys don't need high level monsters like those in possible Masteria expansions or further areas in World Tour areas; you only need Ariant and the first town of World Tour areas. In fact, once we release those things, we'll be shutting down the game and deleting everyone's characters."

Ahh... I can't wait to see how Nexon manages to mess it up.

EDIT: rofl

100 mb patch

I feel sorry for people with slow connections. I think for once, I will actually try manual patching before, so I don't have to deal with the patcher downloading once the game is ALREADY up.

Last edited by Afrobean; 01-23-2008 at 05:41 AM..
Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #15176
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Happy 2 years Xqsite guild.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #15177
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

"but I'd hate to think of weird changes that would not make sense. Like... what, Penetrate instead of Pierce. Just stupid crap like that."

Oh ya i want that skill afro!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #15178
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
"Shut up. We gave you 4th job like you wanted. See? Look. Three core skills. I don't care if they suck and you can't unlock your useful skills yet, that's all you're getting; now go away while we go back to working entirely on low level **** just so you have no new content to enjoy even though high levels are the lifeblood of this company. I mean, come on. You guys don't need high level monsters like those in possible Masteria expansions or further areas in World Tour areas; you only need Ariant and the first town of World Tour areas. In fact, once we release those things, we'll be shutting down the game and deleting everyone's characters."
That's how it was in Trickster.

When they finally released second jobs, we got two skills. Then every month, one new skill. After about half a year, everyone had all their skills. Then another half a year, third jobs come out. Two skills. Even in the Japanese / Korean versions, there are no other skills.

And considering my class's only AOE skill was a terrible piece of ****, I quit. They nerfed all the players and buffed all the monsters while keeping EXP gain the same, making it twice as hard to level.

If I have the time and the boredom, I might check out fourth jobs in Maple, but seeing as my guy is only level 90 and he's on Scania, it's doubtful.

Maple needs the WoW patch that made the game easier. All monsters give more EXP when killed, all quests give more EXP when completed, and you need less EXP to level.

If someone can prove to me that I can level up soloing in less than 2 hours, then I will consider it. Anything more than that is a waste of my time and I'd rather grind for felonies in Disgaea.

Last edited by Squeek; 01-23-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #15179
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
That's how it was in Trickster.

When they finally released second jobs, we got two skills. Then every month, one new skill. After about half a year, everyone had all their skills. Then another half a year, third jobs come out. Two skills. Even in the Japanese / Korean versions, there are no other skills.

And considering my class's only AOE skill was a terrible piece of ****, I quit. They nerfed all the players and buffed all the monsters while keeping EXP gain the same, making it twice as hard to level.

If I have the time and the boredom, I might check out fourth jobs in Maple, but seeing as my guy is only level 90 and he's on Scania, it's doubtful.
You could always come back for a day just for a look-see.

You could even hop on a Bera character AND COME VISIT EVERYONE IN COOLSVILLE.

EDIT: 5.5 hours delay as of now. Patch now ends at 3:30 EST. Went from "patch will be done in the morning, giving more mature players a chance to get some fair play in" to "patch won't be done until all the stupid ******s are out of school for the day". Oh, and just to boost my ego, I called it earlier...

(11:39:44) Afrobean: I bet they're purposely holding back so that it will finish just as those bastard kiddies get home from school
(11:40:05) Afrobean: just to **** those of us who are out of school or... gasp... poeople who SKIPPED for this

Oh and I've stayed up all this time. Been up since yesterday evening, and now I have to deal with another hour and a half on top of the 4 additional hours I was hoping wouldn't be needed.

Last edited by Afrobean; 01-23-2008 at 12:52 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #15180
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

But my Bera dude is level 32 =(

Which used to be way ahead of all you guys.
Closed Thread