Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #1
burnout8488
FFR Player

Default FFR is all offbeat, no ITS NOT ME.

I don't know what it is, maybe the people that make these songs are complete retards when it comes to keeping a beat, but ALL of dance3, most of dance2, some of arcade... and pretty much everything in FFR is slightly offbeat....

I've played everysong on multiple computers... So have my friends...

FFR NEEDS TO have songs that have SYNCRONIZED ARROWS TO THE SONG. Songs should not be RELEASED until they are 100% PERFECT.

Getting an average arrow on a fucking easy song, with multiple eye witnesses saying that you hit the arrow on beat, when the computer says you didn't, gets REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING.

Dendrite seems to be the one and only song that has perfect syncronization.... maybe thats why its the ONLY SONG I LIKE.

At least think about making a fine tuner tool, or a computer calibration utility OR SOMETHING, to allow the user to get a song onbeat again...

ANYTHING, THIS IS ABSURD.
burnout8488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Why don't you go make your own Flash-based DDR sim then you fucking retard. Then you'll see how difficult it is to code.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Burnout,

I agree with you.. Thank god someone like you has come along. Please email me immediately and I will start sending you the both the code and the music. I expect about 15 hours a day out of you and the ability to learn the format that the arrows are made in. We will have nearly 50 songs that I want to you tweak perfectly in this format.

Thanks again,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

hey can i help, i can can only give you about 5 hours per day though....i ll get the format down in 20 minutes
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:23 PM   #5
plasmix
FFR Player

FFR songs are usually onbeat. It's just the Flash convertion that messes it up.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
burnout8488
FFR Player

No, SERIOUSLY.... WHY are they released offbeat?

If it takes so much time to make them, then why can't they be ONBEAT? It seems some of the songs on here are half assed.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

burnout, stfu, you have NO IDEA how much money, time, and effort synth has put into this
dont talk shit untill you have made a perfect ddr simulator out of scratch, see you in 5 years!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:09 PM   #8
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Burnout..

First you need to know a little history of FFR before you come in here and start bashing it.. There is a reason and a history behind the songs on FFR.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:44 PM   #9
burnout8488
FFR Player

I've been playin FFR for about half a year now.... before I used to think that i was getting averages and goods because I sucked, which was mainly the case... but now, being perfectly on beat is a normal occurence... getting shit scores for a song that wasn't made properly kinda annoys you...

There might be a reason and history, but how does that explain why songs are released offbeat?
You all can stop telling me "WAH WAH WAH WHY DONT YOU TRY IT YOURSELF?"

but CMON... im sure you all have noticed it too! IS there a reason for them being offbeat?

Please explain.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:10 PM   #10
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout8488
I've been playin FFR for about half a year now.... before I used to think that i was getting averages and goods because I sucked, which was mainly the case... but now, being perfectly on beat is a normal occurence... getting (#$% scores for a song that wasn't made properly kinda annoys you...

There might be a reason and history, but how does that explain why songs are released offbeat?
You all can stop telling me "WAH WAH WAH WHY DONT YOU TRY IT YOURSELF?"

but CMON... im sure you all have noticed it too! IS there a reason for them being offbeat?

Please explain.
Yes it's called the limited capabilities of flash. You see, flash has trouble running up around the 80 - 100 FPS range because, well, it's a fucking memory hog. Therefore it must playt at lower FPSes which means that the arrows will jerk around. Also, You must realize that these are being built from the DWI code, which essentially means that a completely new sim is being made. That said, it's fucking impressive that the thing even WORKS considering it is made in flash.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #11
Monopoker
FFR Player

There's only a handfull of songs that are off on mine and the only one of those that I really mind is moonlight sonata since it's one of my fav. behtovens. It might be my speakers are off and making it sound like it's on or something or maybe I just can't hear all of 'em but i doubt that since i play a bunch of brass instruments and no instructer of mine has compained...

Or do you mean that the arrows are off and when the arrows match up directly it doesn't give perfect?
Monopoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:45 PM   #12
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Good lord, give it up. Synth is the man, show some respect. FFR is TOTALLY free. And its also in flash. Do you have any idea how much he puts into this?

If you're gonna keep complaining, just stfu, and go play stepmania. Simple as that.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:58 PM   #13
IsUkAtDdR
FFR Player

Burnout you are an idiot stop complaining like everyone else said and go play step mania or another sim of ddr if you're not satisfied with Synths work. You've been playing for half a year? Well i think you like ffr you would have said something sooner it doesnt take half a year to get better. i've been playing for a month n im getting pretty good. umm yah go make your on ddr sim and get everything perfected like your telling Synth and who ever else makes these songs. Personally i think ffr is awsome, yah it's a little off beat so what how come the people in the top 10 scores dont complain? I think you need to show Synth and everyone else that works for ffr a little more respect...
IsUkAtDdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #14
IsUkAtDdR
FFR Player

Im just saying do a better job than Synth is doing at this then come in here and complin why the arrows are a little off beat.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:19 PM   #15
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

*urinates on burnout*
Old 09-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #16
IsUkAtDdR
FFR Player

LOL ahahah
Old 09-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #17
knuckles
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to knuckles

Funny, ALL of the songs seem PERFECTLY onbeat to me ('cept Moonlight Sonata)... I think you are making up the whole "all my friends thing" unless you only have one friend. Which I could understand...
knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:37 PM   #18
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Burnout,

Shut up you ungrateful wanker. If you are disatisfied with FFR, then dont play it. Thousands of others enjoy the game. FFR is free, therefore it does not have to be totally perfect just to suit your needs.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #19
IsUkAtDdR
FFR Player

Yah right he knows he likes it c'mon now he played for fawkin half a year hmmmm half a year thats alot an then he brings it up oh well. I still like it i think it's really good and moon light sonata i do pretty good on that but yah it is a little off beat. still who cares ffr is awsome a ddr sim in flash? how often are you gonna find that and made this good?
Old 09-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #20
burnout8488
FFR Player

ROFL you retards did exactly what i said you would probably do: "OMG OMG WHY DONT YOU DO WHAT SYNTH DOES"

I REALIZE the work involved.....

Moonlight sonata i believe is supposed to be a bit offbeat...

And: Why are there perfectly synchronized songs, and why are there others that are amazingly bad?

By what you've all told me, every song should be offbeat.

It didn't take me 6 months to realize this, im saying that when you suck at ffr, you think its YOU, not the game. I was good about 2 months into it, then noticed, but didn't know about forums.

If knuckles is saying they all seem perfecly onbeat to him, and I've tried it on multiple computers, while changing all of the quality settings.... what is going wrong here then? They ALL seem equally offbeat on every computer I've tested it on.

And to "isukatddr"

Dont even think about flaming ANYTHING until you learn proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling you little retard. And if you aren't a little retard, I suggest you learn english...