Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2003, 01:15 AM   #1
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird
Default The Lilith Myth and Evangelion.

http://www.webcom.com/~gnosis/lillith.html

For those of you who dont know, Evangelion (an anime), states that humans are the offspring of Lilith. Thus, being the children of Lilith (in accordence to Gnosis), humans too are filth (this is also stated in End of Evangelion).

For the most part, I believe this to be true. Not the story, but that humans are filth (or a virus as in the Matrix). With all the pointless hate and killing. That is why I think that bio/chemical weapons are good. If humans have to kill eachother, why destory the Earth in the process?

Discuss amongst yourselves.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #2
CalibreneGuru
FFR Player

People are extremely greedy and don't really care about the environment or if they are hurting others as long as it makes them a quick buck.

It is rather stupid to have enough nukes sitting around to destroy the world several times over, but what most greedy people think is "If I can't have it, no one can." Most hate and killings stem off of a person being selfish. (Lust for money, a girl, resources,power) If everyone would just get a clue about what we are doing to the earth and to ourselves then we would be much better off. That will probably never happen though since greed has been around just as long as the human race has been.
CalibreneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 02:02 PM   #3
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

I'm going to have to think critically about that.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Falcon
FFR Player

well, the way i see it, we dont have to kill others, but we always will. like guru said, someone is always after someone else's something or other. so, regardless of how much everyone despises war and wishes there was peace, there will never be peace. from Giddens: humans are selfish and self centered. they are constantly at war with all other humans because they want things for themselves and dont want others to have what they want. however, we make compromises with others in order to attempt not to continue the competition. that book is very interesting... yall should read it. its by Anthony Giddens (dont remember the name, but oh well).
Old 12-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
User6773

It's unfortunate that we have the intelligence to build weapons but the lack of wisdom to use them.

I foresee world peace in 1000 years, as methods of human thinking continue to evolve and develop. We're getting smarter, fast. Notice how quickly we came to self-destruction in the Cold War before we wisened up a bit.

However, if you had given Caesar a score of nukes at his disposal, hell, all Gaul would be divided into 3 parts.(I wonder if anyone else is nerdy enough to get it.)
Old 12-26-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

No, I'm not nerdy enough

Anyway, in the second Red Dwarf book, Better than Life by Grant Naylor, there was an interesting thing about future world peace. (It is fiction, of course, but it still is interesting.)

It goes more in depth, but basically, it says that in the future, weapons and bombs and things became so powerful that countries weren't able to have any wars at all, because they would destroy the entire planet very easily, so countries had to settle disputes and whatnot in giant sporting events.

This couldn't work in the real world though, I don't believe.
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
User6773

Now it's time for Loser Time, with your friend, Chardish...

Julius Caesar started his book Commentarii de Bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic War) with the line "Omnia Gallia in partes tres, divisa est" (All Gaul is divided into 3 parts.) Gaul, for those who do not know, is what the Romans called what is today France, and also parts of Switzerland and Western Germany were included too. Caesar pretty much marched in there and smashed everyone up, because it was fun.

So I was commenting (pun intended) that if Caesar had nukes at his disposal, all Gaul really would be divided into 3 parts. (The land exploding)
Old 12-27-2003, 06:29 AM   #8
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros
Default Re: The Lilith Myth and Evangelion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
For the most part, I believe this to be true. Not the story, but that humans are filth (or a virus as in the Matrix). With all the pointless hate and killing.
Pointless hate and killing do not exist. Everything has point. Just depends if its a bad or good point. Though most hate and killing has a bad point. Think of War. War is nessesary, but done for unnessesary reasons. Keeps earth from getting over-populated. Same thing with hate and killing. Killing is nessesary, hate is the unessesary reason. Or maybe hate is a nessesary reason...it is a part of human nature, whether we like it or not.
I think Ive gotten off-topic. Sorry.

By the way, I think Agent Smith was the virus in The Matrix. Or at least thats what I think.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #9
RobbyZero
FFR Player

He's not the virus,he was created......

Anyways..why does everything have to be about anime? geez...you could get stories like this but like the actual known things or statements by the real people instead of watching a remake of a myth in cartoon..:S

what's up with anime anyways?
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:31 AM   #10
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

A lot of animes are require a higher level of thinking. They are more than just mindless violence/sex/toliet humor like so many of the Western movies.

I enjoy watching anime. I also enjoy finding a deeper meaning in things many people take for granted. Believe it or not, many novels/animes/movies/plays do have some form of social commentary. In case you have forgotten they are works of art.

Animes are made by real people. Evangelion was written by a real person (Anno Hideaki).

I simply made an observation that Lilith being made from Filth, and Humans being born from Lilth, maybe Anno Hideaki was hinting that humans are filth.

After all, this is the Critical Thinking Forum, you are supposed to use your brain a little.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:38 AM   #11
RobbyZero
FFR Player

I never realised that cause like most anime just gets boring as the shows go on...I don't like watching show by show...

Like the only Anime/Manga I've watched is La Blue Girl...found it once looking for gundam and DBZ long ago. It's cool the blue girl.
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #12
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

Baha...stupid Hentai.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 PM   #13
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Mmm, hentai.

You know, the people who made Evangelion also made Xenogears :O

Good game.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #14
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

imo humans are a the worse thing to ever happen to this planet (besides like meteors hitting it and what not)

it's been said that intelligence is actually hurtful to our race and that we are a lower form than any other species...

because of our intelligence, we lack the strength to live on our own, thus becoming virus-like parasites on the land

most of this i got from that exit mundi site
Lupin_the_3rd is offline   Reply With Quote