Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #401
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
tl;dr

And stop multiposting. There's an edit button for a reason.
Kilga, "too long; didn't read" is a stupid and irrespectable thing to say in TWG. Why not say "Your logic is not worth reading for me because I'm a wolf." That would be cool. And as mentioned, it was a well expressed rule that it is unfavorable to edit posts to add ideas or remove information. Also, I wanted to split my post into those three sections. Thankyou for destroying the effect of the effort I put into those posts and generally leading everyone to ignore them.

Blah I know they are both guys, I got that most of the time, I have an IRL problem where I subconciously personify names starting with a "k" sound as female later in the sentance, like "kevin". I'm just going to assume french did it to me. Also Blah, I'm surprised you skimmed my post as much as you did, I explained very clearly my thought prgression as I was first very suspicious of MAC, then drew several conclusions that un-guilted him enough that I dropped his name for the rest of the post. I also mentioned that I cut it short after already working on it for two hours. Also, all the things I said about MAC on Jursey were under the assumption that he was a wolf. You can't support your vote on that basis because doing so would be circular reasoning. Finally "The general gist of my post" was not to attack Kefit, I said several times that one event just stood out in my head and I went with it. I was just picking one person and showing their breakdown. I actually said very clearly that my final conclusion was that I supported Kefit's humanity over wolf possibility so of course I didn't vote for him.

Afrobean, thankyou, something like that is just what I needed to confirm my feelings against wholichan.

Final statement, someone should discuss a temp banning for Queepy for posting, let alone post-whoring in this thread more than once despite explicit rules and personal warning in the thread. This should be discussed outside the thread.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #402
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I do what I can.

But then again, I think the way you've acted in your past posts in this topic are more reason to ignore what you say now than a simple "tl;dr".

If it makes you feel any better, I actually did read two of your three posts.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #403
User6773

I am posting as a Forum Moderator, not a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The rules
Do NOT post in any stickied thread unless you have signed up for that game. Doing so will get you warned, and banned from all future games.
Qreepy has been warned, and banned from all future games. If you have something to say about this, save it for postgame.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #404
User6773

Default RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

You too.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #405
M-A-C
FFR Player

Well theres number two. As much as I love this game I'm going to stay out of it until it gets to the next page. Moogy and Qreepy are making my computer hella slow.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #406
alainbryden
Seen your member

This, Kilga, was my attempt to move away from the way I behaved earlier in the thread. But I respect your statement.

[Chardish, I didn't understand the "You too." part of your statement. And when I said temp banning I meant from FFR. Ban from TWG is obvious. And sorry for bringing this up within the thread again.]

ps mac, next page.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #407
M-A-C
FFR Player

Quote:
I didn't understand the "You too." part of your statement.
Moogy posted in this thread too. Chardish deleted the post so you might not have seen it.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #408
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Whorli...though you are moving to the west coast or something, your absence doesn't render you invulnerable to votes. It is usually too late in the game to notice those that had been quiet, and frankly, I'd rather risk the possibility of voting off an inactive human, rather than an inactive wolf. Do you recall when I brought up the issue of kilga and kefit not talking? I had completely forgotten about whorli.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #409
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Actually, she's moving to the east coast. Actually, though, she has moved to the east coast. She said she'd be more active, but so much for that.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #410
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Randoms are bad, I know, but I don't really have any hunches about anyone, but, Tps hasn't said anything for awhile.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #411
alainbryden
Seen your member

Quote:
And speaking of who I suspect, I'm thinking I'll go for nforcer. I've voted for him a few times before, and his push to kill Jurs would make a ton of sense if he was a wolf (because he would know what LD knew, and would know that Jurs was in the alliance, because if you didn't know, LD was almost in the alliance until he cheated and we found him to be a wolf). He probably saw that Jurs and MAC were cool with each other, assumed they were in cahoots, and figured he'd cast doubt on both in the hopes that one of them gets lynched. Good strategy for a wolf, maybe, but it won't work, pal.
This is circular reasoning because you assume firsthand that he's a wolf to support the idea that he's a wolf. It can't be done. You are all getting upset because he posted some good evidence against Jursey when it was only known to a select few that she was human, and so you thought him suspicious, but the only thing he's guilty of is good logical reaoning.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #412
alainbryden
Seen your member

no one's jumping on Kefit who had put a great deal less effort into justifying his vote for Jursey. It shows that you shouldn't just go for the person who tries hardest to support their ideas, because humans actually have their reasons for voting someone, wolves make them up.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #413
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherToorima
Randoms are bad, I know, but I don't really have any hunches about anyone, but, Tps hasn't said anything for awhile.
TPS has been probably raving about a Jets win. Don't vote for him just because he hasn't said much.

*AHEM*

Now I have to apologize for everything I said in real-world yesterday. With everything I saw of Jursey, she looked like a wolf to me. The first day odd posting circle, what she said concerning LD in a post around page 22, EVERYTHING... I convinced myself she was a wolf. I thought the evidence was damning. But I missed something I wished I had been told earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Now, a few things. Nobody should suspect Jurs at all. She is the person that LD "copy and pasted his PM to" in order to convince her of his humanity. It worked, too, but blah turned him in for it and he got booted. Thus, it's safe to assume that both blah and especially Jursey are human.
Nobody ever told me this, and I had no idea. This is one of the reasons I'm most glad I didn't change my vote to Jursey. But now, I've gathered suspicion because I thought she was a wolf, when I did not know that one crucial fact. If I had known that, I never EVER would have suspected her. Apparently, most everyone knew that, yet nobody told me until it was too late. I got off on my tangent, and I couldn't stop, because I thought I had her. Now I feel competely stupid because I could see that what I was saying, while credible in its own right, made no sense with what we now know about the PM issue.

Therefore, I apologize to everyone for being confused and unaware, but I'm mostly sorry towards Jursey because I swayed someone to vote for her when there was no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Anyway, I'm getting tired of the same people posting over and over again right now. I'm going to vote for nforcerbunchofnumbers since he seems to be reaching for something that isn't there in trying to incriminate Jursey.
At the time, if nobody knew about Jursey and LD and the PM issue, it made perfect sense. Jursey was defending "information" she didn't have, and she couldn't explain the voting circle of Day 1. It still makes sense. But because Jursey cannot be a wolf, it doesn't matter.

Once again, I'd like to clarify that I'm sorry for all that nonsense earlier. I wish I had known sooner and never said anything about Jursey. Just goes to show ya what happens when info doesn't get around, I guess....

Just so you know, my vote still stands at M-A-C. Nothing that happened in these pages takes any suspicions off him.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 01-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #414
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

You don't have to appologise, you had every right and reason to think Jursey was a wolf before it was posted that she got the fake pm info.

Also, new evidence.

TasselFoot: just need to clarify... i saw afro's post from earlier and your response. afro isn't online for me to tell him, so i'll tell you.... i honestly don't remember what was said about TWG between me and him. i was trying to figure out who had a special role, and asked about 5 people, him included. i guess he asked me about whorli, and obviously i know if she is human or not, and probably said as much... but that i couldn't say any more. wish i had the conversation still, but i don't. and, with that... i have in no way said ANYTHING to ANYONE that has affected the outcome of the game. not to whorli, to blah, to ld, to eb, to afro, to you. and, i would appreciate it if you would post something on my behalf stating as much.
TasselFoot: thanks.
NEIGH006: okay

Baisically, he claims he said "I know whether Whorlichan is human or not" he did not say "She is human" We have to reconsider our position on Whorlichan. If we still find her suspicious, we must give reasons outside of Afrobean's conversation with Tasselfoot. He is not in the game and I will take his word of honour when he says he did not give anything away about the game in the conversation. I feel guilty for I, myself, have forgotten my original reasons outside of instinct for being suspicious oif Whorlican, so until I find this evidence again, I will reside my vote on the ever suspicious alainbryden. Note, I still believe that I discounted any accusations of M-A-C being high-risk.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #415
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

alain--thank you for listening to Tass. He doesn't even have a computer right now and has been using mine, and he has been VERY good about warning me away if he thinks I might see something related to the game. I haven't had a thing from him, but he delights in smirking about knowing all the special roles.

As for my silence, I don't have much to say except for the usual: I do have a life and I'm still getting settled. As for a vote...I still don't understand why Afro is so against me. The fact that I asked Tass to post for me, since he wouldn't let me do it and I couldn't access FFR to do it myself, should not be suspicious. Others have done so before. I posted myself the moment I could--I did not want a phantom vote from day 1. Does he really have anything else against me?

All I can see is that he's gone back and forth between people, and been wrong most of the time. With that said...Afrobean.

Edited to add:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobean
I feel that Tass was trying to get trust in his girlfriend who is an agent. Because of this, I'm voting for whorlichan.
Using evidence from someone who's not in the game seems to me to be cheating too, whether it's correct info or not. I don't think that should be a basis for his vote.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 01-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #416
Anonymous
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Now, a few things. Nobody should suspect Jurs at all. She is the person that LD "copy and pasted his PM to" in order to convince her of his humanity. It worked, too, but blah turned him in for it and he got booted. Thus, it's safe to assume that both blah and especially Jursey are human.
I was unaware of this. Like pretty much every other wolf game I have ever played in, I have no real clue what is going on in the human alliance - I tend to be too paranoid to trust others, which usually means others won't trust me either. But now that I know this, I am no longer suspicious of Jursey.

Anyway, this means I have to pick someone else to vote for. As I said in my last post, M-A-C was coming off to me as a stupid human more than anything else, but I decided that I should take a second look at him. I noticed that although he has posted a lot today, I don't believe that he has actually voted. It seems to me that he is keeping his vote held back so that he can use it at the last second to either condemn a player or save one without looking quite as suspicious as if he changed his vote to do so. There being only two wolves left, I would not be surprised if they were to try and maintain a safety net such as this.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #417
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

That was me again >_>

Dammit, someone disable guests from posting in this forum.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #418
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

To respond to cypher's statement, my reason for inactivity is due to my computers internet being down for most of the day. I finnanyl had to delete some stuff, and now it works. As for Nforcer, watch out pittsburgh.

Now, on topic. There has been a lot of good logic going around. Alain and Nforcer have both been posting a lot. for Alain, this is normal, but Nforcer has really started to speak up. He didn't say too much in the first couple of pages, but it looks as to me that is a wolf. If EB is right about the pyschic, then there are only two wolves left, i'm figuring he probably has a newb partner, or maybe someone who isn't on a lot, either or, it looks like desperation to me, and trying to use alain's tactic. It just strike me odd that for a newb who didn't post much in the beginning,a dn just made comments or follow ups on other people's posts, with minimal self opinion, now has hordes of opion, and logic to share with the rest of us. So for now my vote goes to Nforcer
Old 01-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #419
alainbryden
Seen your member

Times counting down. I seriously hope some of you are going to take me up on this, but I think nforcer definately needs more time. The only real evidence I have against him is that he seems like such a strong player for the jTWG and from that one set of posts, but he's been pleading to me for help because 'only I seem to trust him'. Notice I don't trust him completely, but I'm less quick to jump on little eccentricities such as a person increasing the effort they put into the game. I'm going to revert back to my logic about Kefit. I had many swayers of decision in both directions of the argument, but I wouldn't mind pressing for him because he really does tickly my wolf bone, and the evidence against is pretty damn strong despite my fishing to be objective. So Kefit it is.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #420
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
To respond to cypher's statement, my reason for inactivity is due to my computers internet being down for most of the day. I finnanyl had to delete some stuff, and now it works. As for Nforcer, watch out pittsburgh.

Now, on topic. There has been a lot of good logic going around. Alain and Nforcer have both been posting a lot. for Alain, this is normal, but Nforcer has really started to speak up. He didn't say too much in the first couple of pages, but it looks as to me that is a wolf. If EB is right about the pyschic, then there are only two wolves left, i'm figuring he probably has a newb partner, or maybe someone who isn't on a lot, either or, it looks like desperation to me, and trying to use alain's tactic. It just strike me odd that for a newb who didn't post much in the beginning,a dn just made comments or follow ups on other people's posts, with minimal self opinion, now has hordes of opion, and logic to share with the rest of us. So for now my vote goes to Nforcer
There is no desparation. Alain's tactic would in no way keep me from getting voted for. It almost got him lynched on Day 1. The only reason I had so much to say (in real-world yesterday) was because I thought I hit gold. Everything I had on Jursey was damning evidence. I never would have said anything about her, like I said, if i knew she was part of the PM situation. It made so much sense until I knew the whole story. You have to admit, it did, too.

And as for having no self-opinion and only follow-ups, name one time when I voted without my own reason for doing so, or backing it up somehow. And while you're at it, find another one that was just a follow-up. Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else?

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Closed Thread