Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:34 PM   #61
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

haah, so God has become a meaningless tool of publicity. what's new?
Old 05-19-2004, 02:49 PM   #62
Fuman86
FFR Player

It was actually because of the fear of communism. They thought that communists were "god-less" and had no values like that, so they added the "under God" to keep away the communists. lol.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #63
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to RajginKisaragi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
JAm, "God" has shrugged alot of his initial principles away to conform to the desires of modern society.
This is why preists are porking little boys...

Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #64
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
...one nation under god...

the united states is a nation under god.

bible says marriage is between a man and a woman.
Yes it does, but we are supposed to be seperating church and state here in America. So this has nothing to do with it. President Bush said the same thing. Maybe that's why John Carry is so popular?

Quote:
would a nation under god just shrug it off and say its ok?

i personally dont think #$* marriages are right, but i try to keep it to myself.
Good point. But yet again, church and state.

Quote:
i think its fine if #$* people like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else.
What good would this do? It's still the same saromony. Plus, that makes it just a little segregated don't you think?

Old 05-28-2004, 12:10 AM   #65
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

"I think black people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think yellow people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think brown people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think red people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think jewish people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

Homosexuals can get married, but the government wont recognize them as two people who choose to spend the rest of their lives together due to their sexual orientation. As in, they dont deserve the rights that others get because they are different. As how Africans, Latinos, Jews, Native Americans and Asains are different because of their skin color and culture and also should be denied their rights.

Marriage is sacred, and should be honored:

"Who wants to marry a millionaire?"
"Joe Millionaire"
"Joe Millionaire 2"
"Married By America"
"My Big Fat Fiance"
"The Bachelor"
"The Bachelorette"
"Hey, remember that time Britney Spears was married for 24 hours?"

ET FUCKING CETERA

No, Marriage is a Joke. If you are going to argue that we need to protect the sanctity of marriage, then you also have to speak out against reality tv and divorce. Give the homos their rights and we can all shut up. And if GWB wants to deny a people of their rights, then he can go to hell and play Jenga with Hitler.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:11 AM   #66
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
"I think black people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think yellow people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think brown people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think red people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."

"I think jewish people can like eachother, do whatever they want, but to call it a marriage...they should call it something else."
Allow me to introduce the ditto mark. ''

Quote:
Homosexuals can get married, but the government wont recognize them as two people who choose to spend the rest of their lives together due to their sexual orientation. As in, they dont deserve the rights that others get because they are different. As how Africans, Latinos, Jews, Native Americans and Asains are different because of their skin color and culture and also should be denied their rights.
Tomatoes and Glue should be able to get married. You are denying them their rights!

seriously... use examples that effect the situation similarly to the subject in question.

Color and sexuality are different.
Color does not affect marriage.
Homosexuality does.

Quote:
Marriage is sacred, and should be honored:

"Who wants to marry a millionaire?"
"Joe Millionaire"
"Joe Millionaire 2"
"Married By America"
"My Big Fat Fiance"
"The Bachelor"
"The Bachelorette"
"Hey, remember that time Britney Spears was married for 24 hours?"

ET FUCKING CETERA

No, Marriage is a Joke.
Those aren't jokes. those marriages are important to the people involve, just how they did it was a little different that the tradition.

Quote:
If you are going to argue that we need to protect the sanctity of marriage, then you also have to speak out against reality tv and divorce. Give the homos their rights and we can all shut up. And if GWB wants to deny a people of their rights, then he can go to hell and play Jenga with Hitler.
Deny gay people their rights? What rights? If gays had the right to be married, they would have been long before GWB. They don't HAVE those rights, never did.

Marriage is made up, these gays that want to get married are like those of you that desperately want to be in that kickass sex club or whatever.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:07 AM   #67
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Marriage gives you benefits, as in, you don't have to pay so much money for certain things.

Don't even start with "But gays can't have kids, and that's what those benefits are for." I'm not having kids, but I still have the right to get married to my boyfriend, don't I? Of course I do. They don't tell me that I can't get married because I'm not having kids.

You get benefits because you live more like one person than two. More like a couple than two single people. Denying gays marriage is like saying they can't be a couple. Can't love each other. Can't want to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

And besides that, who cares if gays want to get married? It's not hurting anyone. Let them, for god's sakes. I believe anyone can do what they want as long as it's not hurting anyone. Does marriage hurt anyone?
Old 05-28-2004, 09:06 AM   #68
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi
Marriage gives you benefits, as in, you don't have to pay so much money for certain things.
So gays are getting married... to save money?

Quote:
Don't even start with "But gays can't have kids, and that's what those benefits are for." I'm not having kids, but I still have the right to get married to my boyfriend, don't I? Of course I do. They don't tell me that I can't get married because I'm not having kids.
We let people who are infertile get married. So?

Quote:
You get benefits because you live more like one person than two. More like a couple than two single people. Denying gays marriage is like saying they can't be a couple. Can't love each other. Can't want to spend the rest of their lives with each other.
What are you talking about? They don't need to be married to love eachother or spend the rest of their lives together.

Quote:
And besides that, who cares if gays want to get married? It's not hurting anyone. Let them, for god's sakes. I believe anyone can do what they want as long as it's not hurting anyone. Does marriage hurt anyone?
Some people are really offended by it. Most religious. The world has existed for 4.6 billion years...and no Gay marriages. Bible: This is a covenant with your love and God... married people go to heaven together... and live there for eternity with their family...

What do you think God's gonna say when 2 dudes float up there? This is "blasphemous". I, myself am not particularly religious, but many people are christian and would see this as something very offensive.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:51 PM   #69
mizelle59
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mizelle59

Why the hell do we even bother studying any history at all? We obviously never ever ever learn ANYTHING from it. We make the same mistakes over and over and over, everytime, but oh! this situation is different! We were wrong about that back then, but this time we're totally justified in our self-pretentious beliefs that we are better than other people and therefore they shouldn't be treated as good as us. I have seen that way too many times in history books to believe that we will ever learn from our past mistakes.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #70
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Quote:
Deny gay people their rights? What rights? If gays had the right to be married, they would have been long before GWB. They don't HAVE those rights, never did.

Marriage is made up, these gays that want to get married are like those of you that desperately want to be in that kickass sex club or whatever.
Do you see this line?

|

You are over here!

| ^

What the fuck is with you?! Calm your ass down woman! They have rights just like everyone else here in America! And they are fighting to protect those rights! That's why they're attempting to get married so that maybe people will be okay with it.

ARG! I don't know what's more red... my shirt, or your neck.

Old 05-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #71
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Quote:
What do you think God's gonna say when 2 dudes float up there? This is "blasphemous". I, myself am not particularly religious, but many people are christian and would see this as something very offensive.
If you aren't "perticularly religious," then why do you keep bringing God up?

And what will God say when this happens? He'll say it hurts because the two gay dudes will have they're dicks up his ass already. So it won't matter what he'll say.

Old 05-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #72
DracIV
FFR Player

Anyone who wants to get married can. No one is stopping anyone from marrying. Two guys or two gals can marry. An 8 year old and an 80 year old can marry. The normal guy and gal can marry. The only thing is, the government decided "We like the guy and gal marriage, so we'll help you guys out. Oh yeah, and old dude, make sure the parents say it's okay." It was the choice of the government to help out the guy and gal a bit and set a few rules for how much they help out. This has nothing to do with rights. This has to do with a form of government support. Just like with every other tax break, there are rules. Why should they change the rules just because you want an extra tax break?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:29 PM   #73
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Well, we changed the rules to free blacks from slavery and then to let blacks have the same rights as white people.

And we changed the rules to let women have the same rights as men.

And we change the rules to let Asians and Native Americans to become American citizens.

GWB is trying to change the BILL OF RIGHTS to deny Homosexuals their right to get married.

How would you feel if I became President and said, "Okay, Republicans cant get married and I am going to change the Bill of Rights to accomplish this. This doesnt mean that they cant get 'married', this just means that the Government wont acknowledge your rights that others get because of what you believe in." Not very fair is it?

Quote:
The world has existed for 4.6 billion years...and no #$* marriages.
Not true. Many civilizations allowed homosexual relationships.

Quote:
Bible: This is a covenant with your love and God... married people go to heaven together... and live there for eternity with their family...

Seperation of Church and State.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #74
DracIV
FFR Player

I see nothing about marriage in the Bill of Rights. Bush isn't "taking away" the rights of gays. Hell, he isn't even responsible for the outcome of the decision. Gays can still be married, they just don't get a tax break. The government has tax breaks and programs that help certain ethnicities and classes, so why not have a tax break that only applies to man and wife? They aren't losing anything, the government is just saying "We don't want to give you cash we don't think you deserve, so bug off" and they are saying "We wanna get tax break!"
Old 05-30-2004, 10:18 AM   #75
mizelle59
FFR Player

Did you not listen to jewpin's post? You know, the one about how you would probably scream that you deserved a tax break too if the government suddenly said they wouldn't give your group any in marriage? Why shouldn't homosexuals get the same breaks as straight couples? Certain groups get their own breaks and programs cause the government feels pressure from the voters to repay the past evil we've done to those groups in the past. I don't seem to recall any kind of discrimination our government has supported against straight marriages though, hrrrm.

Any real reason a guy marrying a girl is better than a guy marrying a guy? Oh, the Bible doesn't like homos? Well, we'll just toss that pesky seperation of church and state out the window then. Forget that stupid document, what was it called again?..oh yeah, the Bill of Rights, or something. Who needs it. Freedom of religion? Pah! That only means you have the freedom to practice our religion! We all know how successful theocracys have always been, let's start our own right now!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #76
DracIV
FFR Player

I might as well just list the reasons:

1) Marriage is a long-lasting tradition to cement the love between a man and wife

2) In many cultures (remember America is a mixed pot), children are only allowed in marriage.

3) Marriage helps to create a more stable environment for a child to be raised balanced.

4) There are really no reasons for the government to give gay marriages a tax break except for greed.

5) When marriage was required before children, the tax break was needed because marriage almost garunteed a child (large drain). Now it isn't needed anymore because having a child gives tax breaks, but it is just a tradition and there was no reason to remove it.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #77
mizelle59
FFR Player

1) Homosexual marriage rites have been legally sanctioned and religiously upheld for over 3,000 years in ancient African, Asian, Egyptian, Greek, Mesopotamian, Native American and Roman cultures. Wide-spread condemnation of these relationships did not appear until the 13th century when, big suprise!, certain religions stuck their nose in and declared them immoral.

2) And the way this is connected to gay marriages is?..

3) Again, how is this related to gay marriage?

4) There are really no reasons for the government to not give gay marraiges a tax break except for prejudice.

5) This..what? This just makes me feel like we should just get rid of tax breaks all together. That would probably actually be the better solution, as you yourself admitted they are no longer needed anyway.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #78
Anonymous
FFR Player

As it turns out, in Ancient Greece, most upper-class men had homosexual relationships, and the people who created the US constitution loved Greece so much and based much of the government off of Greece's.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #79
DracIV
FFR Player

With 2 & 3, gays don't *usually* get married to have kids.

And yes getting rid of the tax breaks might be a bit nice, but other people probably want to keep them. Flat tax 12%!

Anyway, there is nothing really wrong with gay marriage except an aversion to gay males held by a large portion of the male population and a general negative view held by the same people. The only thing I want to know is: why should the government acknowledge gay marriages? They are allowed, the government ain't stoppin a religious ceremony, but why should a gay person care what the government thinks about it and why should they want the government to acknowledge their marriage? Is it one or two people or all of them who say that?
Old 05-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #80
mizelle59
FFR Player

Why should homosexuals expect the same tax breaks that straights get? Well, I feel it's a very good question when they ask why they shouldn't. And when the government replies that their personal religion condemns their group so therefore they won't get the same benefits, it sounds very suspicious.

This is supposed to be a free and equal country. We arrogantly condemn other countries who dare to show any sort of "keeping down" of a particular group, and then we do the same.