Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Smile Wat do? C-A-T plzz ;.;

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-anim...AdIdZ529917186

So heres the link. shes absolutely gorgeous and im going to have her, im too lonely and i honestly miss having something to hold, but i love cats and i really dont want another dog (i cant replace mine)... Shes about 6m old and of the himilayan breed. Shes a chocolate point as well but her brown fur isnt too dark and i love her eyes. I want this cat..

So my q. is How do i take care of her and how will i be able to take care of my house in case she is not declawed. i really really dont want her scratching up shit if she does. ANY/ALL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY VERY WELCOME PLEASE TELL ME ANYTHING OR EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT CATS. im trying to get as much info as i can even though the internet has already provided me enough, but i want tips from cat owners like you guys! how can i make her my best friend?

Last edited by Zeldagurlfan1; 10-28-2013 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: god >dog**
Zeldagurlfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX
Default Re: Wat do? C-A-T plzz ;.;

How do you take care of her? Feed her, give her attention, play occasionally until she gets older. If she's not declawed then effort
is futile unless you try the scratching post method or line every piece of furniture in plastic or protection. Just get it's front claws
removed if you can. Some places won't do that anymore after a certain age.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
How do you take care of her? Feed her, give her attention, play occasionally until she gets older. If she's not declawed then effort
is futile unless you try the scratching post method or line every piece of furniture in plastic or protection. Just get it's front claws
removed if you can. Some places won't do that anymore after a certain age.
Yeah, im thinking about trimming her nails frequently, shes also gotta get her vaccinations updated. this lady neglected her and shes only 6 months. im sure shell fall in lovewith meee i cant wait. i pick her up after 4 pm. i need a cat kennel too so today im gunna spend my little paycheck i got from the gov <3 yay! xD
Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
Attractive
Banned

What the hell....declawing a cat is messed up.. I would never have a cat unless it was outside half the time, they are much happier when they are able to chase and kill animals. Cats are pretty easy to take care of they just do what they want and figure stuff out on their own, you just feed them and scratch their neck... If you really need to ask how to take care of a cat you probably shouldnt get one.

Also its best to get cats as young as possible if you want the bond between you and them to be as strong as possible...you cant always change behaviors learned from the previous owner..i would get a younger kitten if i were you.

Last edited by Attractive; 10-28-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Attractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I'm 100% against declawing cats. It can lead to serious problems later in their life. It's only 6 months, so you have to get it used to what it can and can't scratch. Get it scratching posts/planks and try to give it incentive to use that and make sure you let it know that scratching anything else is bad. It's also good to learn how to trim a cats claws. You'll first want it to get used to you touching its paws, so do that as much as you can. Then later down the road when you trim its claws, it doesn't get agitated when you hold its paws.

Cats are really easy to take care of. Get food and water bowls and a litter box. Since it's a himalayan, you also want to brush it so its fur doesn't get matted. It'll love it too.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The most recent cat I own we didn't de-claw it. It's somewhat of a mistake since my current cat likes to scratch everything, even when scolded, haha.

My other cats I've had have all been de-clawed, but only de-clawed when they're still very much young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Attractive
Banned

Then they go outside and get chased by a dog and are unable to climb up anything and get torn to shreds all because you thought that robbing them of their natural inclinations would be a little more convenient for you...
Attractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

You damn right I killed them then in that scenario.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Declawing is something I wouldn't recommend at all. Besides the obvious fact it's terrible, I would recommend keeping her clawed if you plan on EVER letting her outside.

...If she will be forever inside, then well, at-least it would be more reasonable.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Let me know if you get your cat declawed, which vet you went to, so I know to never go to them for anything ever.

A lot of vets these days won't even DO declawing. It's pretty cruel to the cat. If you can't handle training the cat to use a scratching post, or accept the odd bit of damage to your stuff, don't get a cat.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Let me know if you get your cat declawed, which vet you went to, so I know to never go to them for anything ever.

A lot of vets these days won't even DO declawing. It's pretty cruel to the cat. If you can't handle training the cat to use a scratching post, or accept the odd bit of damage to your stuff, don't get a cat.
This. Declawing is pretty terrible in the long run. You're basically choosing between your cat's health and possibly personality or scratched up furniture which might not even be the case.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

WOW DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?!?!

I asked for suggestions for an undeclawed cat. I never said i was going to declaw the little thing.

wow HAAHAHHAHAHAHA you ALL misinterpreted everything i said.
not to mention i got no tips or suggestions for a declawed cat.

so may i have some tips or suggestions so my house deosnt get destroyed? i mean, id be fucked ruining a 15000$ living room set (yes , we got 2 sets of custom made designer couchs and chairs from italy taht my mom had to have) back to the internet i go
*cracks up*
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
I'm 100% against declawing cats. It can lead to serious problems later in their life. It's only 6 months, so you have to get it used to what it can and can't scratch. Get it scratching posts/planks and try to give it incentive to use that and make sure you let it know that scratching anything else is bad. It's also good to learn how to trim a cats claws. You'll first want it to get used to you touching its paws, so do that as much as you can. Then later down the road when you trim its claws, it doesn't get agitated when you hold its paws.

Cats are really easy to take care of. Get food and water bowls and a litter box. Since it's a himalayan, you also want to brush it so its fur doesn't get matted. It'll love it too.

clawing its nails is my best bet a long with a cat post and some cat nip rubbed on it :3 tahts what the internet advised! also a cute little thing to get it to sop was to spray some water on its back. when it does something abd and give it treats when it does something good i dont know if i can squirt water at a cat though.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

...I think I mixed up de-claw and trimming nails, lol.

Wow, yeah. My other cats still have their claws, but they're trimmed so they're pretty much almost rounded. The claws are not actually removed entirely.

Holy shit no, lol. Literally thought de-claw meant rounded claws.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Stop confusing "de-clawing" with "Trimming its nails" and maybe this wouldn't happen?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
Xx{Fallen}xX
Hugs 4 Hire
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You should find out if its litter trained, its not very hard to train it yourself though. Just introduce the cat to the litter and his/her instincts to bury its poo should take over, just be patient.

Xx{Fallen}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Noted, sir. Learn by mistakes, as they say.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Noted, sir. Learn by mistakes, as they say.
I more meant Zeldagurl, she's used the terms if not interchangably, at least ambiguously, which is part of why people latched onto the 'Don't declaw the cat' bandwagon.

If the idea of your furniture getting clawed up while you are still training the cat to not do that is seriously a problem (And I guess if you have 30,000 dollars worth of living room furniture it is) the best answer quickly becomes 'Don't get a cat then'
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldagurlfan1 View Post
WOW DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?!?!

I asked for suggestions for an undeclawed cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
It's only 6 months, so you have to get it used to what it can and can't scratch. Get it scratching posts/planks and try to give it incentive to use that and make sure you let it know that scratching anything else is bad. It's also good to learn how to trim a cats claws. You'll first want it to get used to you touching its paws, so do that as much as you can. Then later down the road when you trim its claws, it doesn't get agitated when you hold its paws.
Already did.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

On the whole "de-clawing is bad thing", my family cat is de-clawed and there's been no problems, we only let her outside when we plan on watching her the whole time. My sister is a vet who cares a lot about animals, I'm pretty sure she would not have de-clawed her cat (only removed front claws) if it was so detrimental to his health.

Anyway..pretty much what smitty said, get the front claws removed if you think you'll run into problems while training it. Losing a bunch of expensive furniture isn't the same as a puppy randomly crapping on your rug. If you're okay with having their ability to reproduce removed, having the front claws removed is no big deal.
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote