Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-2-2011, 01:00 PM   #121
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Post one "Did ya know" fact about yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Did you know that I got bit in the face and back by an overgrown rotweiler in 2001 ._.
is this where your furry obsession started
Old 06-2-2011, 01:19 PM   #122
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Did you know I'm actually capable of flying an helicopter ?

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 02:21 PM   #123
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Did you know I'm extremely terrified of balloon popping, walking on ice and bugs?

Balloon popping is self-explanatory. And it hurts my ears, owowowow
Walking on ice came from an accident and bugs... got bitten WAY too many times and bigger ones just scare me

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 03:15 PM   #124
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Did you know I have been sprayed in the eyes with bug spray? Ouch.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 03:27 PM   #125
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
I fuccen love you no homo

PS: Did you know that I'm drug free? Never in my life have i smoked, drink, smoked weed, or done any other of those illegal party drugs or whatever. (Not including medicine for my allergies of course)
We similar.
I'm totally clean as well. Just alcohol in moderation. Not a single other substance.
Old 06-2-2011, 03:29 PM   #126
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
We similar.
I'm totally clean as well. Just alcohol in moderation. Not a single other substance.
Me too :]
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 03:42 PM   #127
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
I fuccen love you no homo

PS: Did you know that I'm drug free? Never in my life have i smoked, drink, smoked weed, or done any other of those illegal party drugs or whatever. (Not including medicine for my allergies of course)
*raises hand* Hopping on the bandwagon. Same here (minus like... 7 drinks of alcohol ever..).

Did you know that I am a Star Wars fan to the point of... obsession..
I have all 4 Star Wars Slurpee cups from '05, 4 Star wars Lego sets (and one mini) on my shelf of Star wars, at least 10 comic books, I've seen all 6 movies at least 20 times each, and I own 80, possibly 90 novels from the extended universe (out of 140-150).
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 04:27 PM   #128
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Did you know that my dad is obsessed with the band Kiss to the point where he dresses up like them for Halloween and concerts even if the concert is hundreds of miles away?
He also sings karaoke pretty much every night and it's really embarrassing since he sucks.
Help me.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 05:07 PM   #129
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
DarknessXoXLight: During college I held 2-3 jobs (at a given time) while being a full-time student paying my own way through and, at the worst, a maximum of 100-week work summers. I'm telling you right now, don't do that. Take a loan or something, focus on your schooling. Even if you're capable of doing both, the stress is inhuman.
So how'd you handle it? Being in Wharton and all.. o___O
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 05:11 PM   #130
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Did you know you're going to die of stress.
I did know that. lolol.
Old 06-2-2011, 05:12 PM   #131
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

@Darkness: What college? o___O And why are you even holding 2-3 jobs in the first place?
Old 06-2-2011, 05:19 PM   #132
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

LOL, did you know that I'm scared of elevators?

I haven't used one since 2007, and that's when I almost caused the death of someone from misusing an elevator. Not gonna go into details.
Old 06-2-2011, 05:25 PM   #133
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
So how'd you handle it? Being in Wharton and all.. o___O
I tried to choose jobs that allowed for a lot of overlap and computer access while still making ends meet. For instance, I could staff the computer lab as a tech assistant while working on a research project for another job on my laptop, and do my schoolwork on the lab computer, and then continue working when I went to the library later to work as an admin. asst, and then try to fill up the rest of the monetary gaps by teaching the SAT/LSAT (which paid well but required some travel and had the drawback of not allowing me to get homework done or study). I'd work my ass off during the summers to earn a bunch of extra money that I could throw back at the school, too.

There were times when I'd have like seven classes due to being a dual-degree student (where most CAS students take four and engineering/business students take 5) and about 30-40 hours of work a week on top of it in order to finance my tuition/feed myself/buy shit/etc.

Due to my time constraints I couldn't always make it to all my classes because of work, so I tried to only attend if classes required participation or didn't put their lecture notes online. What I'd usually do is read the lecture notes and if there ANYTHING I didn't understand 100%, I went straight to office hours or bugged the living shit out of the TA's. Office hours are hugely underused in college and are a great way to really understand a topic one-on-one with the professor.

So basically it all came down to extremely strict time management. The funny thing was that I still had time to do a bunch of other shit with my life -- it was just an extremely stressful one that took a toll on my mental and physical health.

Bastards who have their shit paid for have no idea how easy they have it lmfao.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 05:32 PM   #134
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I tried to choose jobs that allowed for a lot of overlap and computer access while still making ends meet. For instance, I could staff the computer lab as a tech assistant while working on a research project for another job on my laptop, and do my schoolwork on the lab computer, and then continue working when I went to the library later to work as an admin. asst, and then try to fill up the rest of the monetary gaps by teaching the SAT/LSAT (which paid well but required some travel and had the drawback of not allowing me to get homework done or study). I'd work my ass off during the summers to earn a bunch of extra money that I could throw back at the school, too.

There were times when I'd have like seven classes due to being a dual-degree student (where most CAS students take four and engineering/business students take 5) and about 30-40 hours of work a week on top of it in order to finance my tuition/feed myself/buy shit/etc.

Due to my time constraints I couldn't always make it to all my classes because of work, so I tried to only attend if classes required participation or didn't put their lecture notes online. What I'd usually do is read the lecture notes and if there ANYTHING I didn't understand 100%, I went straight to office hours or bugged the living shit out of the TA's. Office hours are hugely underused in college and are a great way to really understand a topic one-on-one with the professor.

So basically it all came down to extremely strict time management. The funny thing was that I still had time to do a bunch of other shit with my life -- it was just an extremely stressful one that took a toll on my mental and physical health.

Bastards who have their shit paid for have no idea how easy they have it lmfao.
Oh man.. that sounds extremely harsh..

I would expect private colleges to provide some financial aid (or even a full ride if you're an amazing student) :O

I'm sure your summer jobs were related to your concentrations though! So it should've been like killing two birds (in your case, 3) with one stone.

Tough stuff.. I'm glad I got a CalGrant & other scholarships x_x..
Old 06-2-2011, 05:37 PM   #135
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's why my situation was so "unusual" -- I had a shitload of scholarships but not enough to cover the entire cost of tuition, but my financial aid was slaughtered because my father died and my mother inherited a shitload of assets and insurance payouts. The problem: She didn't want to pay for anything even though schools judge "need-based aid" off parental financials. And being a financially-independent student isn't enough to declare yourself as emancipated.

And yeah during my junior year I landed a gig as a trading-firm quant, so that was a lot of fun.
Old 06-2-2011, 05:38 PM   #136
ScarletSky
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Did ya know that whenever I'm pooping I HAVE to read shit that's around me.
Shampoo bottles, toothpaste ingredients. Weird and random shit I pick up and read.
I don't like to read the same thing twice, but sometimes I can't help it (no new material).

ScarletSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 05:38 PM   #137
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletSky View Post
Did ya know that whenever I'm pooping I HAVE to read shit that's around me.
Shampoo bottles, toothpaste ingredients. Weird and random shit I pick up and read.
I don't like to read the same thing twice, but sometimes I can't help it (no new material).
hi 5
Old 06-2-2011, 05:39 PM   #138
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That's why my situation was so "unusual" -- I had a shitload of scholarships but not enough to cover the entire cost of tuition, but my financial aid was slaughtered because my father died and my mother inherited a shitload of assets and insurance payouts. The problem: She didn't want to pay for anything even though schools judge "need-based aid" off parental financials. And being a financially-independent student isn't enough to declare yourself as emancipated.

And yeah during my junior year I landed a gig as a trading-firm quant, so that was a lot of fun.
Ah... I remember you explaining this to me a while ago..

I'm glad you've gotten through though! Hopefully I'll land a gig like that during my junior year as well.. LOL Hopefully I'll be able to land in Wall Street someday.
Old 06-2-2011, 05:43 PM   #139
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Wall Street isn't all it's cracked up to be -- there are better ways to spend your youth IMO. I plan on changing jobs eventually LOL.
Old 06-2-2011, 05:43 PM   #140
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Like where ._.

Edit: Well, I guess San Fran / Palo Alto is nice as well.. my hometown. x)