u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
Edited.
I don't get what you edited..

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #242
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Afrobean*+, u84
u84, feel free to contribute.

Something.

Anything.

Ever.

ps maki originally said that manti got a phantom. But manti voted. So that's the part of the post that was editted.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #243
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

OK afro, that's becoming ridiculous. The wolfing last night really gave you out. Is it so much your style to kill someone taking your side to make it look like you are innocent. We aren't so stupid you know. Every phase, more and more information comes making you look more and more wolfish. Incomplete list:

-BDN wolfing while there was the non-vet/poor players precedent.

-You are pushing way too much your seer plan. The seer will do was is the best to do according to the situation he is in. You seem like you were continuing this debate to remove the focus on the real goal: finding wolves.

-You are way too much trigger-happy to accuse people. Like this day, you voted after 13 minutes of phase start. I doubt you listened to the opinion of other people during that time to make an educated choice. And also, it removes the focus on finding wolves again and puts it on whether sc is a wolf or not.

-From what you say, people in this game are stupid. It should follow that wolves are stupid. So why did you gave out every single strategy wolves can use to have an easier game? That would give you a reason why those tactics are used: they were well known in the thread. It would look awfully fishy for you if a well-developed wolf tactic was used. You know everyone would think you are the one doing it.

I must be forgetting some points, but those are the ones I remember as of now. So yeah afro, you get my vote. And you better work hard if you want me to remove it.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #244
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

you're insane then.

Both manti and tupac had 2 votes each. If I had chose manti, then it would be 3 on him and 2 on tupac. How could you say that tupa was more in danger of getting lynched? You even said yourself that you would vote for manti if somebody else decided to. Yeah, you didn't appear to be in much danger, but manti said that he would end up voting for you.

And what I said about you was that you said something along the lines of "If I were a wolf, I would leave manti alone and wait for people to lynch him." Guess who made the first vote on him during that last day phase?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #245
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
So why did you gave out every single strategy wolves can use to have an easier game?
Just one quick point here: If he had a good wolf tactic, and he were a wolf, I would think that he would keep it to himself, so that he could talk it over with his wolf buddies in private. That would be the SMART thing for him to do if he were a wolf. Just throwing that out there.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #246
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Quote:
The wolfing last night really gave you out. Is it so much your style to kill someone taking your side to make it look like you are innocent.
But what if the wolves thought about that and tried to corner afro? Because afro and fic were on the same side and fic was wolfed, people would be inclined to look at afro because of the "non-traditional" wolf style this game.

Questionable Content
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #247
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Afrobean*+, u84
You have yourself added as a friend Afro?! You can't be in that dire need of people to talk to ;]

Also, lol invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #248
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Aaaaand I posted before i got to what i really wanted to include.

Afro, we need to talk again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #249
Panda Express
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Panda Express

Quote:
-From what you say, people in this game are stupid. It should follow that wolves are stupid...
I have always wondered why there seems to be some pretense that the wolves are always the smartest and analyzing every angle of the game ...

Not ready to bandwagon early on, need more info to vote on when I want to do such. Will be on AIM tomorrow, getting to bed now -.-
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #250
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You are way too much trigger-happy to accuse people.
Yeah, this is how I catch wolves. It usually works pretty well. Look at 2 games back for a fairly typical look at how my shotgunning helps me nail wolves. I was thrown way off-base by the end, but I was hittin' 'em hard in the first days.

Quote:
So why did you gave out every single strategy wolves can use to have an easier game?
Ironically, I gave most of them so they wouldn't be used. Especially the ones involving being scared of the seer being a fake red. I wanted to be sure that we don't automatically accept someone's information which is more likely to be tainted in this game. In another game, if someone comes to you and tells you they're the seer, they can be publicly outed and checked out, knowing the guardian will protect them if no one challenges the seer. But in this game, a red could contact you privately and tell you he is the seer and that he seer'd you. How could you verify his claims? The only case I can think of is if the player the seer comes to is blue.

The only one I gave that I hoped would be used was when I said I'd leave vets alive. And I'd say that it was mostly a success given that it took this far until one of the three of us were downed.

Quote:
You know everyone would think you are the one doing it.
That makes very little sense. A wolf who thinks of a cunning plan wouldn't tell you his cunning plan before enacting it. He'd just do it. And anyway, it's not like we have a bunch of fake seers floating around, so most of the plans I threw out there weren't picked up. The one that was picked up was beneficial to myself, manti, and fiction. I'm not going to apologize for being part of the reason the three of us made it past night 1.

Arguably I could have told all of those plans knowing I wouldn't use them, as a reverse psych angle to look more human. But honestly, I am telling you, if I was a wolf this game, I would definitely have been playing fake seer. There's not many opportunities for wolves to cut loose like that, so I would relish the opportunity, and I certainly wouldn't tip my hand by saying what I was doing, especially since it would be counter-intuitive to getting my mark to trust me. If I'm saying in the thread "Don't necessarily trust the seer", then turn around and privately say "hi i'm the seer, trust me" that would be the death of me I think.

Although I do think it's hilarious that I explicitly spit this strategy to keep us alive and you folks try to use this as a reason to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc979
How could you say that tupa was more in danger of getting lynched?
Because, as I soon realized, the people were too afraid to lynch the great and powerful manti. Tupac was always more expendable and people would always be more willing to vote for him than manti (or me even for that matter). The point where I realized tupac was going to get the lynch and manti wasn't was probably the first post where I said "I'm not opposed to lynching tupac, but if manti needs to be lynched, we need to do it earlier than you guys might like." Maybe you guys are just very bad at analyzing trends.

ps the wolves are usually considered to be smart and good at analyzing, because there's a few of them working together. Three or four minds working together to come up with plans is usually better than one.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #251
Panda Express
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
lol viccica

yadda yadda

By the way, I think that was one of the weakest accusations I've ever had thrown at me. You can do a lot better than that, I'm sure.
Thats so funny, coming from the guy who started a lynching mob from AC using a phrase from the 1500s.

By the way, I've seen a trend here...

Syhto assisted you in the lynching of AC1, we find her dead.

Fiction voted with you against Manti, we find him dead next.

I wouldn't put it past you to out your own support to eliminate the idea that you're behind the wolfings.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #252
Ruritsu
FFR Player

^OR, on a way more reasonable note, the wolves are, like Emerald said, wolfing with intent to get Afro lynched. Its a lot more sensical to have humans miss a lynch by doing things like that. This isn't to say that the wolves want him dead because of anything he did, but that they have a convinient way to get rid of a lynch that could otherwise be targeted at them. That being said, I'm gonna reserve my vote for now.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #253
Panda Express
FFR Player

Afro is the one who always reminds us that this is a game of logic and "social engineering". I think its well within his logic to do such.

That reminds me. Voting Afro for reasons stated above.

Maybe his head will pop off when we hang him. That'd be so cool.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #254
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Afro, could you like, go out of your way to talk to me on AIM or something. I might consider taking my vote off if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #255
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Express View Post
Thats so funny, coming from the guy who started a lynching mob from AC using a phrase from the 1500s.
Yeah, I'm still kind of surprised that weak justification I gave back on day 1 snowballed the way it did.

Quote:
Syhto assisted you in the lynching of AC1, we find her dead.

Fiction voted with you against Manti, we find him dead next.

I wouldn't put it past you to out your own support to eliminate the idea that you're behind the wolfings.
What would I have to gain from killing people who support me? All I'd be doing is putting myself into a situation where my words have less weight and the wolves could more easily jump on top of me during the day rather than at night. A wolf has nothing to gain by offing greens who support his ideas.

manti: For once, I put myself to sleep in the morning so I could be up in the evening, and you decide to want to talk in the later morning. I think I'll be up through the evening, and if I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you, I'll hop on meebo at work.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #256
Panda Express
FFR Player

well ya see, if afro had accused someone who was actually a wolf, and was afraid that afro + his support could get him lynched, then I'd aim this vote at said person.

But the problem with this is, from what I understand, Afro throws wolf claims out like candy...

I realize this is a gutsy lynching, but its more than we normally go off of as of now.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #257
u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Safety Panda, on account that I'm not wholly convinced of Afro's wolfness.

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #258
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

panda express seems like a better lynch target than afro to me!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #259
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Well, panda, after this post, its not all that ridiculous of a vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
What would I have to gain from killing people who support me? RURITSU CUT THIS PART OF THE QUOTE OUT AND PUT IT BELOW TO RESPOND SEPERATELY A wolf has nothing to gain by offing greens who support his ideas.
A wolf has plenty to gain by wolfing greens that support him. He could get the implied humanity that you're illuding to in this post. "I'm not red, all the people that support me are dieing, why would I kill my support?" is not a good argument against what panda accused you for.

Quote:
All I'd be doing is putting myself into a situation where my words have less weight and the wolves could more easily jump on top of me during the day rather than at night.
Yeah, this is what I posted trying to argue against panda right after he posted. However, this only makes sense assuming you're green, and shouldn't have been inserted amongst the hypothetical "you being red" situation you posted it with.

I'm still not voting yet, I'll try to decide before day phase ends, as like U84, I'm not 100% on the lynch afro team. Safety one clarinet in the mean time.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #260
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

any reasons for that vote other than wanting to save your own skin?