Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer
Default Yeah, so I gave blood today.

School had a blood drive today and so I was all excited to give blood. I leave from 2nd Block and go to our gymnasium where the Red Cross had set up shop. I sign up and read all of the disclaimer junk and go sit in a waiting area to be screened first.

So I wait about 30 minutes (about 12 kids were ahead of me) and then I finally go behind these blue screens and talk to a nurse. She talks and get's my information and then she says that she needs a blood sample. I ask what kind. She says,"from your finger."

That's really gay.

I kinda have a problem with needles. I'm not afraid of them but they just feel weird as ****. She cleans the tip of my middle finger and pushes the lancet. The needle jabs my finger and I yelp, causing several of my friends to start laughing in the waiting area.

"I don't want to even hear it from you people! That hurt like hell!" I yell to the screen.

Then she starts asking these random questions. A few were:

"Have you ever received payment or cash for sex?"

Uhh no.

"Are you a prostitute?"

Isn't that the same question you just asked? XD

"Have you ever had sexual relations with a man between 1977 to the present, even once?

WTF NO. XD

"Have you had sexual contact with anyone born of from Africa?"

Well, there was that one Gorilla.....

XD

Anyways, I get done and she give me a form to give to another table that has my blood bag and stuff. I wait in another area which is right in front of the circle of chairs people are lying in giving blood. These people look horrible but not as horrible as the people who were giving double the amount of blood in another area of the gym.

I sit and look over to the "Rehabilitation" table and I see my friend Liz go limp. Nurses rush over to her to find that she's passed out.

Uh oh.

The nurses put up a blue screen around her for privacy and carry her onto another chair. Just then, a girl who was getting her blood drawn passes out as well. More nurses rush over and take care of her. There was a student volunteer who was fanning the girl who passed out in the chair who suddenly fell to the ground and passed out herself. My friends and I started laughing, hoping that we wouldn't fall victim to the Pass Out. XD

So I finally get called up and the woman puts a tourniquet on my right bicep to get my vein. She rubs a whole ****load of iodine on the needle site and now all of my friends waiting look at me, quietly. The needle is thick as hell and pretty long too. She puts it in and I started moaning from weird pain. OMFG THIS WOMAN IS GOING SLOW AS HELL. She finally puts it in to which I say:

"Wow, you were taking your time with that one weren't you?"

"Oh be quiet boy and take it like a man."

Nurse:1 Chromer:0

For some odd reason as soon as she stuck me, I started draining like a bathtub. 7 mintues later, she tells me I'm done and pulls the needle out. I promise you, you will never feel pain quite like having a thick needle taken out of your vein. She bandages me up and I go over to the cookies and juice table.

Yum.

I go to get a free t-shirt for participating and what do you know: they give out free cards for purchasing music downloads online.

Sweet.

I felt incredibly fine after I got blood take but 15 minutes later, my right arm started to go numb. Now as I type this, my right arm near the needle site stings and I feel tired as hell. If I can, I'll try to get pictures of my band-aid and the shirt and stuff.

Anyone else have tales of blood donating?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid
Default Re: Yeah, so I gave blood today.

I was going to ask, "want a cookie?" but it appears you already snagged one or five.
dontcareaboutmyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Yeah, the needle being pulled out is the worst. I'm not a puss like you, either. The nurse who was taking my blood was a jerk, and when he took the needle out he put this teeny tiny square of gauze over the hole and went to help someone else. So, I'm waiting for him to come back and actually bandage me up, talking to a friend, when she starts laughing and says, "YOU'RE GUSHING!"

Yup. Bleeding all down my arm. We get the nurse's attention and he GETS MAD AT ME AS THOUGH IT IS MY FAULT MY BLOOD STILL FLOWS AFTER ALL HIS HARD WORK. So he, like, yanks my arm around, forgets to grab more guaze to stop the bleeding, so he has to wait to get someone else's attention and more stuff. All the while I am confused as to why he is so mad and really upset at being manhandled in such a way.

Like three girls got sick and couldn't donate after that. =( The next year I sat on the table for the full fifteen minutes and didn't even fill half the bag.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Whorli gives blood all the time...

I dont. Needles make me scream like a little girl and run around the room like my ass is on fire and my arms are flailing and I shout things like "oh dear god, no!" and "mommy make it STOP!"

I dont' like needles. Neither before my Summer of Death* nor after.

*Summer of Death = a summer where I spent a solid 5 different full days in the hospital getting tests done, all of which required blood and needles and stress tests and tilt table tests and some whacked out procedure that left me with scars in my groin.

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 10-16-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Tasselfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
TD_GenoCid3
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TD_GenoCid3 Send a message via MSN to TD_GenoCid3
Post Re: Yeah, so I gave blood today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Whorli gives blood all the time...

I dont. Needles make me scream like a little girl and run around the room like my ass is on fire and my arms are flailing and I shout things like "oh dear god, no!" and "mommy make it STOP!"

I dont' like needles. Neither before my Summer of Death* nor after.

*Summer of Death = a summer where I spent a solid 5 different full days in the hospital getting tests done, all of which required blood and needles and stress tests and tilt table tests and some whacked out procedure that left me with scars in my groin.
good lord..i despise all needles.i dont like the fact that **** is being punctured into my vein...scary thought.

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 10-16-2006 at 03:06 PM..
TD_GenoCid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #6
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

The big needle didn't hurt me, it tickled painfully in my opinion.

And when they took it out, it felt awesome.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
bloop101
FFR Player

ive never gave blood and never will, but i dont see how the needle could really hurt....i stick needles in my finger for fun
bloop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #8
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

Well, not necessarily giving blood, but I did have this one ass of a nurse when I had to get some shot. She missed my vein several times and I had about 5 stabs in my arm. Eventually she just moved it from my bicep to my elbow and took it out of that completely visible up my entire arm vein.

Our school doesn't do blood drives. I'd do it though. Nothing can be worse than something drilling at your teeth after the dentist forgot you were in that horrible sqeaky leather chair. Then he comes back and is like OH SHiANP bettr get workin. By then the novocaine had almost worn off. ****Ing PaiN.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #9
duhh_
FFR Player

lol, everytime i go to give blood the nurse fk's up.
most missed to date is 11 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
i hear there's this amazing new invention

it's called google

you take words that you want to know more about and you type them in and OH SHIT YOU GET INFORMATION
duhh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #10
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda View Post
Yeah, the needle being pulled out is the worst. I'm not a puss like you, either. The nurse who was taking my blood was a jerk, and when he took the needle out he put this teeny tiny square of gauze over the hole and went to help someone else. So, I'm waiting for him to come back and actually bandage me up, talking to a friend, when she starts laughing and says, "YOU'RE GUSHING!"

Yup. Bleeding all down my arm. We get the nurse's attention and he GETS MAD AT ME AS THOUGH IT IS MY FAULT MY BLOOD STILL FLOWS AFTER ALL HIS HARD WORK. So he, like, yanks my arm around, forgets to grab more guaze to stop the bleeding, so he has to wait to get someone else's attention and more stuff. All the while I am confused as to why he is so mad and really upset at being manhandled in such a way.

Like three girls got sick and couldn't donate after that. =( The next year I sat on the table for the full fifteen minutes and didn't even fill half the bag.

Well excuse me Ms. Man. -_-

I never said that I'm afraid as Tass of needles, it's just that they give me a weird sensation. However, when they pulled the needle out, THAT actually hurt.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #11
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

Yeah whenever i am there to give blood/blood tests they have to stick me about twice/three times to get a vein. It happens all the ****ing time... not even once did they get it right on the first try.

****ing grr.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
duhh_
FFR Player

eat spinich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
i hear there's this amazing new invention

it's called google

you take words that you want to know more about and you type them in and OH SHIT YOU GET INFORMATION
duhh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Bah due to a decimal error, the creator of Popeye thought Spinach was 120% Iron enriched.

Owned.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #14
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

I love needles. I really don't know why people shy away from them so much.

Never had a nurse miss a vein, since I can make them bulge out of my arm about a quarter inch.

As for my stories, well, I spurted once when they took the needle out. That's about it. Nothing special about giving blood.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

GAH I CANT READ YOUR COMMENTS

I just finished reading Chromer's stuff and now I'm too weak to play FFR. Damnit, I hate hate hate needles. -falls over in mental pain- TT-TT
Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #16
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Wow, you guys are all pussies.

Giving blood is no big deal. The needles are NOTHING, especially since they do it in the crook of your elbow where there are very few nerves anyway.

I had an IV in the back of my hand once, which actually did hurt like effin' hell, because there are TONS of nerves there.

Anyway. I have given over a gallon (possibly 1.5?) of blood since I was 17 and allowed to do it. I usually bleed out in 5-10 minutes and get to leave after eating my cookie and drinking my juice, a total of maybe 30 minutes including the pre-donation paperwork and waiting. Although there was the one time I did it in less than 5 minutes and the vein kept gushing after and I had to stay in the mobile bloodmobile for an hour so they could check on me all the time.

I like giving blood. I like knowing that there will be enough of my own blood (type-wise at the least, if not personally mine) out there should I ever need it. Also, Tass and I are the same blood type (B+) so if he ever gets sick and needs blood I can donate to him (or his mom, she's B+ too). It doesn't go the other way though--he's too much of a wuss to donate blood even if I was dying. Bastard.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #17
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

I'm a pussy.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #18
jujo07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jujo07

I would give anything to give blood. I've wanted to for about 3 years and now that I've been of age for awhile I can't because of the medicine I'm on (and have been on for 4 years so it wasn't really an option then either.) It also sucks because all the seniors in the band this year are going with the director to go give blood, sadly I'll only be going as moral support.

However, I do love needles with a passion. Once when getting my blood drawn for tests that I get every 3 months or so I decided to ask, just to see if the nurse, who I happen to get everytime because I request her, if I could take my own blood. Sadly she said no and that it's against the code, even if she were to put it in and I were to take it out.

I guess in a few years I'll be doing lots of that kind of stuff anyways, so I can wait. I also want to work at a blood donating site at a school sometime too just so kids don't get suck with the kind of crabby nurses a lot of you were stuck with at school.
jujo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #19
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

@Whorlie: I'm B+ too! =D

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #20
JKPolk
tool

Send a message via AIM to JKPolk Send a message via Skype™ to JKPolk

7 minutes? Wow you're a slow one. Red Cross came to my school about 3 weeks ago, my time was a little over 5 minutes. And yes, the questions were very awkward.