Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-8-2007, 10:14 AM   #461
sujishishou
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sujishishou Send a message via MSN to sujishishou
Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

you think people are more into video games now
than a couple of years ago?
or do you think it seems that way because it seems really main stream now?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #462
Chief0678
FFR Player

Location: Planet Earth, beating up all of the Covenant forces
Send a message via Yahoo to Chief0678

everyone loves video games now due to cooler graphics, game systems, and sweet gaming tech. And yes, it is defenetly popular right now.

The PS3 isn't worth it. I bet whoever bought it from E-Bay for $1000 is already pissed.

My bad. I meant... been pissed.

Last edited by Chief0678; 07-13-2007 at 08:53 AM..
Chief0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #463
MYZZ
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MYZZ

PS3 is worth it .. go get the 500 dollar 1 while it lasts
MYZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #464
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYZZ View Post
PS3 is worth it
Prove it.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #465
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Prove it.
Squeek, let's not start the whole "PS3 sucks lol" **** again. We all know the Wii is doing better than anyone expected. Ok. However, to continually try to shove statistics down our throats is not going to make us like any console more than the other. If you want to be honest, once the 360 drops its prices, Wii is going to step up its game.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #466
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm not saying the PS3 sucks.

I just want an explanation as to why I should spend $500 RIGHT NOW for a PS3.

I want to know why he thinks it's "worth it".
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #467
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not saying the PS3 sucks.

I just want an explanation as to why I should spend $500 RIGHT NOW for a PS3.

I want to know why he thinks it's "worth it".
well it depends if you like metal gear solid 4 or killzone no no no wait IF YOU LOVE IT then buy a ps3 if not then i don't recomend it. (for the record i don't like those franchises soo i won't be buying a ps3 final fantasy XIII) talking about FFXIII square didn't showed anything on the E3 mmmm they say is not gonna be ps3 exclusive.....well if dragon quest went exclusive ofr the DS i think anything could happen with FF
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #468
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So, our first contestant says if I like two games, then I should buy a $500 machine to play them on.

First contestant loses. And doesn't know basic sentence structure either, which doesn't help in argumentative posts either.

I would never buy a console that I knew would not have more than a dozen "must-have" titles in its lifetime. I didn't buy an XBox for that reason. Its lifetime ended and it had fewer than half a dozen "must-have" titles for even the most unbiased gamer. Not only that, but the good titles all ended up as PC ports anyway, which I ended up playing and enjoying much more as a PC game, such as Fable, Halo, and KOTOR.

So far the PS3 has yet to release information on a game that interested me in the least. I'm not a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid to begin with, I hate Final Fantasy, and FPSes belong on computers. That rules out pretty much every game the PS3 has.

Contest still stands. Prove to me that a PS3 is worth it.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #469
zidart
FFR Player

well my english is not good enough im sorry, i know i fail jajajaja that was my point since the beginning. and no squeek after metroid prime 3 i bet that FPS will rule in the wii.

same reason i didn't bought an XBOX why wasting so much money for the console if every popular game is going to th pc?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #470
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I agree with you Squeek, there is no reason to buy a PS3 now. In the future though, I will most definitely be getting one. Rock band and Guitar Hero 3, even though I could play them on the 250 dollar core 360, I will be getting them for the PS3, since both of my gaming friends have the PS3. Next, there is Socom:Confrontation, and Socom 4. Now, these are personal preferences of mine. Not really FPS's I suppose, but then again I'm terrible at FPS's on the computer and much better on console ones. I whored the hell out of Socom 2 on the PS2, and the next installments in the franchise will be PS3 exclusive.

Finally, PS3 is a must buy for me mainly because of it's potential. It has the hardware superiority and possibilities to make absolutely stunning and amazing games, given the right developers receive the right inspiration. People seem to think Sony and it's 3rd party developers are infinitely inferior to the game making prowless that is Nintendo; this is a terrible generalization. Sony is just as capable of making a "fun" game as Nintendo. Perhaps not as unique, considering the Wii's capability, but I feel that Sony will invest enough effort into their game making abilities (figuring that they hope they will make up for profit losses with the recent price drop in game and accessory sales) by making better games and by making more games. I know I shouldn't buy something on hope and the possibility for greatness, but I feel that there is already enough projected for me to invest in it, and the future prospects of amazing games is enough to keep me satisfied.

PS: I'm still keeping my Wii for Nintendo's games though
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #471
GOodforSKATEboarding
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to GOodforSKATEboarding

although some people may think that the PS3's games are limited, well I'll admit that at this time they are.. People need to remeber the 360's launch, if you remeber back, the 360 launched with about 18/30 titles and nobody really liked any of the titles that were available at launch.. What I'm saying is that with time the ps3's gaming abilities(and gaming library) will grow... Also look at the graphic difference between the 1st gen xbox360 games, and the 1st gen PS3 games, really that just shows that they have a lot of power to start out with.. The PS3's 1st generation games graphics are just as good as the 360's 3rd!... The PS3 is a power built console, it's universal, powerful, and I think in time it will prove to be the victor of the console wars... Lastly look at Sony's online gaming capabilities, they released RFOM with the option to play with 40 players right off, and although some people may think that Xbox Live is a better, more organized online experience which it is true as of now, you have to think.. the 360 has been out a lot longer, and has had time to perfect these things, whereas the PS3 has had no time to start perfecting yet, but I think in the near future the PS3's online and offline gaming capabilities will start to be recognized, and I am not just saying this because I have a PS3, I have owned every one of these next gen consoles.. My 2 cent...

[kw]
GOodforSKATEboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #472
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Except that all of the good titles on the PS3 will be on the cheaper 360. You even said yourself that their online system is better, so why would I pay MORE for LESS.

Who cares about launch now? The PS3 has been out for nearly 8 months in the US and Japan and I still haven't seen a title for it that made me go "man I wish I owned a PS3" or "man I wish my friends were stupid enough to pay for this machine so I could mooch off of them".

Here're some numerical FACTS.

1) Xbox 360 has 17 million-seller games, with their top game (Gears of War) selling almost 1:2 in terms of game:console sales. Yes, the console has been out longer and I can't quite tell exactly when the other games hit the million mark, but the point still stands. 17 games have done it so far.

2) PLAYSTATION 3 has one million-seller game. Guess which one. It's the only game on the console that anyone knows about, after all.

3) Wii has 7 million-seller games and it launched after the PS3. You could easily say that it's just because of the price of the console, but you'd be deluding yourself.

And PS, sentences end with one period, not two or three. The "trailing off" effect doesn't add to the strength of your argument. It makes you look unsure and weak.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #473
zidart
FFR Player

i agree with all the people who realize why the ps3 is losing the battle but hey sony deserve some points of effort (still not good enough for buying a ps3). wii rules the war right now and people say it would just last for a year. well after the new periferals i don't think so. besides it doesn't matter if the console is powerful if it doesnt have many worth games
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #474
GOodforSKATEboarding
FFR Player

Quote:
Except that all of the good titles on the PS3 will be on the cheaper 360. You even said yourself that their online system is better, so why would I pay MORE for LESS.

Who cares about launch now? The PS3 has been out for nearly 8 months in the US and Japan and I still haven't seen a title for it that made me go "man I wish I owned a PS3" or "man I wish my friends were stupid enough to pay for this machine so I could mooch off of them".

Here're some numerical FACTS.

1) Xbox 360 has 17 million-seller games, with their top game (Gears of War) selling almost 1:2 in terms of game:console sales. Yes, the console has been out longer and I can't quite tell exactly when the other games hit the million mark, but the point still stands. 17 games have done it so far.

2) PLAYSTATION 3 has one million-seller game. Guess which one. It's the only game on the console that anyone knows about, after all.

3) Wii has 7 million-seller games and it launched after the PS3. You could easily say that it's just because of the price of the console, but you'd be deluding yourself.

And PS, sentences end with one period, not two or three. The "trailing off" effect doesn't add to the strength of your argument. It makes you look unsure and weak.
Last I checked the 360's games were $59.99, as were the PS3's. As I said before look at the launch of the 360 aswell, it too had critisism about it's gaming line up.. I would know, I was one of the people that got it 12:00 midnight.. I'm not really talking down to the 360, I am just pointing out that the PS3 should be given the same amount of time the 360 had... I do have a Wii as well, and I'll be the first to tell you it is a good system, but everyone knows it's made for fun, not performance.. As for the gramar correction, I do not need help in that area, I just so happen to be in Honors English, and I do the "..." in continuance to my last statement(in most cases), not to trail off..

[kw]
Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #475
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The games may cost the same, but there's a bit of a difference in the cost of the system itself. A $200 difference.

I don't really care if you're in honors English or not. The point is, when reading ellipses, it gives the sense of continuation or trailing off. You're not continuing a solid train of thought, so it's trailing off.

I read posts as if the writer were saying them. To me, that says you're talking like this and being loud but then suddenly trailing off.... as if something else caught your interest and you don't really care about what you're saying anymore.

Yeah... the PS3... it's like... a... game... console... or something...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #476
GOodforSKATEboarding
FFR Player

Quote:
The games may cost the same, but there's a bit of a difference in the cost of the system itself. A $200 difference.

I don't really care if you're in honors English or not. The point is, when reading ellipses, it gives the sense of continuation or trailing off. You're not continuing a solid train of thought, so it's trailing off.

I read posts as if the writer were saying them. To me, that says you're talking like this and being loud but then suddenly trailing off.... as if something else caught your interest and you don't really care about what you're saying anymore.

Yeah... the PS3... it's like... a... game... console... or something...
I understand what you're saying, I do it subconsciously, but now you're getting off the subject. If you were to go out and purchase a 360, think as if you didn't have one before, then it would only make since to get the elite. In that case there is what, a $20 difference between the two right? So what it boils down to is either you can wait for a little while for games to release on a system with so much potential, or buy the one which has a lot of games, but is at the peak of its performance. Logically speaking that is how it is.

PS, no "..." just for you.

[kw]
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #477
zidart
FFR Player

the point is, the ps3 is just a new console let's give it some time and see what happens. right now is not worth it but well maybe someday it will
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #478
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Well, the thing is, I don't want a 360 either for the same reason I don't want a PS3. My dozen-game rule.

Why would I buy a console for only a handful of games, after all? The 360 has very little on it that looks appealing to me. I hate online play and I'd hate paying for it even more.

But Wii? I already own 8 games! I've had 7 since the first 3 months of launch and recently picked up my 8th. With Prime, Galaxy, Brawl, Dewy, Kart, No More Heroes, and a few others all on their way, I'm far exceeding my dozen-game limiter. And I haven't even paid $50 or more for a single game yet, let alone $60. On top of all that, we're not even celebrating a one-year anniversary yet.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #479
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, the thing is, I don't want a 360 either for the same reason I don't want a PS3. My dozen-game rule.

Why would I buy a console for only a handful of games, after all? The 360 has very little on it that looks appealing to me. I hate online play and I'd hate paying for it even more.

But Wii? I already own 8 games! I've had 7 since the first 3 months of launch and recently picked up my 8th. With Prime, Galaxy, Brawl, Dewy, Kart, No More Heroes, and a few others all on their way, I'm far exceeding my dozen-game limiter. And I haven't even paid $50 or more for a single game yet, let alone $60. On top of all that, we're not even celebrating a one-year anniversary yet.
same reason here, the wii is gonna be on-line like it or not but at least it will be free and it will only be something extra not the whole game, yeah i bought many games on the wii and as well i didn't pay for all of them because my parents got into the wii so they buy games that they like . even if the wii doesn't have many hardcore games, casual games are fun to play
Old 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #480
GOodforSKATEboarding
FFR Player

Quote:

Ah. That does make since too, but do you get what I'm saying in with the PS3 in comparison to the 360? I to have a Wii, which I stood in line at Walmart for about 14 hours with my little brother(we actually got 3, one for ebay, the others for us).It truly just depends on what type of thing you're into. If you have the HD t.v. and the full setup, it only makes since to unveil its true potential, or in my opinion at least. Also for a blu-ray player(around $1000) to be included instead of having to buy an attachment like the 360 needs, it equals out anyway. Right?? I mean these are things that you have to take into consideration before you actually make an investment into any of these consoles.

[kw]