Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default stupid question (please don't flame). . .

on the insane songs (bumble bee, neo max, etc.). . .i just don't understand them.
do people just hit the keys on the keyboard randomly during the insanely fast parts of the song?
lol my mind just can't comprehend someone being able to individualy hit the arrows correctly. . .without just smashing the keys altogether.
not sure how to make my question clearer. . .hope it's not confusing.
also if it is possible. . .(lol it's hard to believe. ) can just about anyone do a song lets say like neo max in time? i mean after they've practiced for how many ever years (like 2). . .or are there just a very few extremely tallented people that have the ability to do such difficult songs?
i'm still working on trickey/difficult songs atm. . .though i am getting better. . .lol it just seems impossible to be able to do some of those crazzy songs.
please don't flame.
thnx.
twitching77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Default Re: stupid question (please don't flame). . .

Well most people DO mash on Flight of the Bumblebee, but a lot of the FFR population can play master/guru songs withOUT mashing. I assure you, once you play for about half a year, you will basically be able to play all of the songs here.
PS NeoMax is one of the easier songs nowadays. Take a look at the classical genre from time to time
monkey_henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The ability to read these songs just comes with time. After playing for over a year the "crazy" songs finally seem very easy. I can read balloon fever, FOTBB, etc. perfectly. I've FC'd balloon and my computer is just too gay to handle most of the steps in FOTBB because of the background. So no, we don't mash, we can actually read the steps. And PS Neomax is REALLY really easy lol. Just keep playing and it will start to get easier for you. I was the same was as you at first.

One trick: shrink your screen so you can only see half the playing field while you are playing. It makes it so there are less arrows on the screen at any given time, making it easier to read. I shrink my screen so much I can't even see my combo anymore lol. I can just tell when I miss an arrow.

Some old videos for your viewing pleasure:
www.mikelean.com/gradeus.avi
www.mikelean.com/novapulser.avi
www.mikelean.com/endnight.avi
www.mikelean.com/powerrangers.avi

Last edited by stlunatic0124; 07-20-2006 at 07:56 AM..
stlunatic0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

-edit-
i do use 2 hands. . .i played 1 handed when i first started for a week. . .but i was too slow. . .switching to 2 handed was a great move on my part.
i'm now in the process of trying to get comfortable with indexing (think that's what it's called). . .using the askl keys for my arrows. . .it's alot more comfortable. . .but it's taking a bit to get use to it.

i've been screen shrinking from the start. . . .only thing that sucks about it. . .is now i can't play at full screen lol when i do try doing full screen, i miss tons of arrows on songs that are easy for me. (i shrick it so i can only see about half of my combo score.)
hehe neo max easy? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! lol :0 neo max does horrible things to me. . .and it gives me nightmare. lmao
okay, never mind. . .i see why neo max is so easy. . .i just passed it (lol 130 misses. ) i'm talking about the songs that if you don't know what your doing. . .you fail at after like 10-15 seconds. . .neo has waaay to many slow parts to catch yourself back up on (for people like me that don't know how to play it. . .lol).
alright, well. . .i'll keep practicing. . .lol i haven't been addicted to gaming like i am to this game for quite some time.
i've been playing for .23 years, and have played a total of 1268 games. but like i said. . .hehe i'm a slow learner.
if i can do songs like neo max (an easy one!) within a year of playing. . .i'll be happy.

nother question off to the side:
being able to "read" the quicker songs. . .do some of you see any practical use this gives you in everyday life? such as quicker all around reflexs?

now if you'll excuse me. . .i got some work to do! hehe
thnx.

Last edited by twitching77; 07-20-2006 at 08:13 AM..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Another thing...play using two hands instead of 1, youll get better incredibly faster than if you were to use one hand, i know it may feel awkward playing with 2 hands, but seriously practice the hell out of it, it will probly take a week or two to finally get it down comfortably
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh yeah that's right, use the left arrow, down arrow, 8 (numpad), and 6 (numpad) keys.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #7
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

1st off, once you shrink you can never go back...almost. there is no need to anway. i dont know any benefits that you get from playing ffr a lot. maybe Carpel's Tunnel =/
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

wait you index using ASKL? uhhh thats not a good thing, indexers should stick with the arrows, your playing a spread setup right there
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:27 AM   #9
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark
wait you index using ASKL? uhhh thats not a good thing, indexers should stick with the arrows, your playing a spread setup right there
hehe oops. . .yep, spreading is what i meant.

thnx.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #10
dawg4321
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dawg4321

just practice, with some it actually comes naturally. Others have to practice. o yeah and the classical songs, don't worry about them at all, i can't read them worth **** anyway. my best combo on a classical is probably no more than 350

dawg4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Stlunatic is right, Neomax is a relatively easy song (although difficult to AAA). Don't play index on the askl keys, that won't realy work very well...if you want to play index, just use the arrow keys.

It IS possible to read and accurately play songs like FotBB and Balloon Fever, with practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #12
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro
Stlunatic is right, Neomax is a relatively easy song (although difficult to AAA). Don't play index on the askl keys, that won't realy work very well...if you want to play index, just use the arrow keys.

It IS possible to read and accurately play songs like FotBB and Balloon Fever, with practice.
i couldn't remember the term i was looking for. . .i knew i saw a great thread once stating all the different styles. did a quick search for it:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...light=indexing
why isn't it stickied in the newb forum? i think it's very informative.
but yeah, i'm trying to get use to spread, not indexing.
thnx.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #13
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

I saw a youtube of Nima getting 7 perfs on FotBB but it was stepmania of course. Personal Record #2 XDDD

P.S. One Minute Waltz is harder then Flight of the Bumblebee

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Yeah, One Minute Waltz is the hardest song in the game.

The hardest AAA'able song in the game is Revolutionary Etude, and the hardest song without real jackhammer patterns is FotBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #15
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

perhaps you're playing too difficult songs? if you are getting 130 goods on neomax, you're clearly having trouble reading the arrows...

try playing breaking the common, secret zombie room, massive... those songs are fairly straight forward and will get your comfortable with the world of "fast" streams. after those, try moving up to fett's vette. then stalled out and sushi bars, water like pudding, and green twilight. then cia rave. then uber rave and delirium.

being able to read the streams is really the only way you can get better. you can't hit what you can't see. but, as was said... those of us who are "good" can read the notes in every song. hitting them all is another matter.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #16
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
try playing breaking the common, secret zombie room, massive... those songs are fairly straight forward and will get your comfortable with the world of "fast" streams. after those, try moving up to fett's vette. then stalled out and sushi bars, water like pudding, and green twilight. then cia rave. then uber rave and delirium.
thanks Tassel. . .i enjoy having a plan all worked out.
i've spent the last 2 weeks working straight up on secret zombie room and snowflakes. . .they were the only 2 songs i played.
when i first started playing zombie room. . .lol i'd have a hard time getting less then 50 misses but then all the sudden i got better. . .and now i usually get less then 10 misses. . .less then 5 when i'm in a zone. i haven't fc'd it yet. . .i've missed 1 several times on the song though.
massive is easy. . .i fc'd it on my third try today (first 2 games were in multi player).
right now i'm working on breaking the common, 1 last battle, boss machine, and final fantasy 7. ff7 is a bit out of my league. . .but dam it's a fun song. i'm getting much better at common.

thanks for all the advice guys. . .makes me even more driven to keep playing, knowing that there's hope for me yet! lol
thnx.

oh, and btw. . .i HATE you stlunatic. (i mean that as kindly as i can. . .hehe) very nice vid man.

Last edited by twitching77; 07-20-2006 at 09:51 AM..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #17
stratos200
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

actually there is a benefit to being able to read all the "craazy" fast songs...

I now can read movie credits extremely fast, and the TV guide is just way too slow, i mean what is that C100?

You shut up when you're talking to me.
stratos200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:29 AM   #18
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos200
the TV guide is just way too slow, i mean what is that C100?

lmfao. . .good stuff.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

again, watch my gradeus video: www.mikelean.com/gradeus.avi
I have a balloon fever video but I took it off my ftp, if you want to see it let me know.

EDIT I agree completely with tass.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:09 AM   #20
twitching77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlunatic0124
again, watch my gradeus video: www.mikelean.com/gradeus.avi
I have a balloon fever video but I took it off my ftp, if you want to see it let me know.

EDIT I agree completely with tass.
hey do you or anyone else here have a vid of fotbb? lol that song is sickening and i'd love to watch someone pass it.
thnx.