Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-9-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Drawing

Might as well post it here.
Here's a drawing I finished up yesterday to fill up my portfolio.

Tell me what you think etc.
Old 11-9-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Drawing

I think it's awesome, and you've gotten really good at this.

But for one critique, I'd say give the head of the little creature some texture. It's contrasting with the texture all around it and I think it should have some more details. =) yep.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
makdaddy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to makdaddy

i agree with spenner, plus more texturing on the cave rocks, looks like marble, if that's what you were going for, that's cool then.
makdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

holy **** also agree with above comments
Old 11-9-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Really nice, spitfire. I disagree with the texture being needed for the rocks, I see that you've got it in some places, and others not as much, but it's all got some texture, I feel it's all purposeful.

The creature I can agree with, if you're going for a smooth surfaced creature and don't want texture to throw it off, then I'd suggest adding some sharp reflective details to really bring it to life. Overall it's still a great piece, though the character seems to be lacking a bit in emotion.

**edit, on second glance, the rocks on the floor directly in front of the character need more detail, as that is on the same parallel plane of focus as what is currently in-focus.

Do you have an online portfolio we could take a look at? You've got me way interested in seeing more of your stuff now ;D
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
I think it's awesome, and you've gotten really good at this.

But for one critique, I'd say give the head of the little creature some texture. It's contrasting with the texture all around it and I think it should have some more details. =) yep.
I guess I should, but I don't think I'll be working on this one anymore and just move on and keep that in mind for my next drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdaddy View Post
i agree with spenner, plus more texturing on the cave rocks, looks like marble, if that's what you were going for, that's cool then.
I actually think I did a bit of overkill with the rock texture brush I used haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Really nice, spitfire. I disagree with the texture being needed for the rocks, I see that you've got it in some places, and others not as much, but it's all got some texture, I feel it's all purposeful.

The creature I can agree with, if you're going for a smooth surfaced creature and don't want texture to throw it off, then I'd suggest adding some sharp reflective details to really bring it to life. Overall it's still a great piece, though the character seems to be lacking a bit in emotion.

**edit, on second glance, the rocks on the floor directly in front of the character need more detail, as that is on the same parallel plane of focus as what is currently in-focus.

Do you have an online portfolio we could take a look at? You've got me way interested in seeing more of your stuff now ;D
Shhhh! Yeah I got lazy with the floor haha.
The character was originally looking at a little spider on the floor, but I ended up not doing that and made the firefly-like creatures instead.

I have an online portfolio, which you can find at http://www.tristankok.com/, but it doesn't have work like this yet. I'm working hard on filling up my portfolio more right now and recently stepped away from keeping lineart in my art. You can still have a look at it though, but it's got some old stuff as well from when I first started to draw digitally haha. I keep it there to show progress.
I know there's still a lot of stuff that I need to add to my portfolio, which I'm working on as well. Like better descriptions (if there is a description at all lol) and the stages of my work.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Mahjix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Very nice work, sir. My only critique is the highlight on the back of the creature; it seems to be a little too much light on it's back without a true second light source.

I took a look at your website as well and I'm quite impressed by your work; in particular, how you show the buildup of some of the colored works. Your website is very neat and clean as well.

I too aspire to be a game artist (I am technically... kinda).
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix

The creature looks sad =(
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the feedback Mahjix. I did overkill the back a bit, and will keep it in mind for future drawings. :P

Here are some wips I've done in the past few days:

Just a quick sketch, will be colouring this in later:

another quick sketch I'll be colouring in later:

This is my main priority right now. It's a part of a map of a flash game I'm working on right now for school. Parts are all seperately drawn (ie. zeppelin can move freely) and I'm most likely keeping the outlines on them cause it would save me a lot of work (cause there's still heaps to do for this map, it's much much bigger than it shows in this picture) and it'll work better with the characters of the game:

Last edited by Nullifidian; 05-13-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

darkshark took the words right out of my mouth
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
championanwar
Ask Nuro! x3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I'm not much to comment, but I'll say I really like what you do man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
Quote:
aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
Click Here
championanwar is offline   Reply With Quote