Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000
Default TWG LXI: Back to our Roots

After a voyage of over a week across the ocean, sixteen of the twenty-five person that started the trip made it safely to the other side. The other nine had mysteriously gone missing during the nights. One every night to be exact. Nothing was known about the cause of the disappearances. Even if everybody were tightly locked in their room listening in fear to any single crackling noise, nothing had stopped the strange happening.

When they saw the shore, they were relieved. It was about night and they didn’t want to undergo that again. It would finally stop. They would be able to get back to their peaceful lives without being haunted by some spirit. Once they were able to clearly see the port, they began to wonder what was happening. There was hundreds of people gesticulating on the docks, and some of them were in uniforms wielding arquebuses and mounted on horses; police probably. Once they arrived in ear-shout range, they heard people shouting and insulting them.

“What the hell is happening?” Travis asked.

“The only way to know will be to get there.” said Tündér.

“We are accosting right now.” pointed out Pentti.

“Look out for the ones with the guns. They are those who are really dangerous.” warned Bidane.

On these wise words, they all stepped out of the boat. The crowd suddenly stepped aside in such way to show the way to the sixteen sailors. After a walk of a couple of minutes in the path of people, they were finally led in front of a big fence of stakes, measuring around two hundreds meters of diameter. Before stepping inside, Lee found the courage to ask:

“What is happening? What are you doing to us? What have we done to be treated like that?”

An old man stepped out of the crowd. With a wave of his hand, the crowd stopped shouting and the elder started to talk:

“There is a sickness amongst you. An incurable sickness. A sickness that afflicts people. A sickness that kills people. You brought the sickness. You cure the sickness. Now, enter.”

“But, what must we do to …” started to say Mack.

“Silence! Enter, now!” cut short the old man.

The group resigned to enter the palisade. The door shut tight behind them. The first thing they saw was a big table with sixteen chairs in the middle of the place. Scattered around, were sixteen buildings. On the front of each of them was written the name of one of the sailors. They figured out that everyone had their own room and they took the initiative to go look inside. It was a small place, but a lot bigger than a boat room. Being tired from such a long trip, they decided to go to sleep on those comfortable beds. That’s when to begin to think. To think that they were alone in this place. Alone with fifteen people that were once friends but are now enemies.

---

16 players game

4 wolves:
3 normal wolves
1 master wolf

2 blues:
1 seer
1 guardian

10 greens

---

1- argo15 (argo1516)
2- pntballa18 (merlonifan28)
3- flawofhumanity (redrumfortherich)
4- Makilaz (BenderChan)
5- Brilliant Dynamite Neon (MegamnGTX)
6- travman301 (Rbennie362)
7- rzr (twgXrzr)
8- freakysnots (freakysnots)
9- meno_rocks123 (menoRS123)
10- Litodude (Litodude)
11- EnR (RyanFFR)
12- Heavylee (heavyleah)
13- thunderstrike687 (thunderstrike687)
14- dooey100 (Dooeyabillion)
15- roundbox (tehroundbox)
16- jwcgator (jwcgator2)

PS: If you haven't received a PM or you have any question, my AIM is emerald3x0.

Night end March 26th at 10 PM or before if I get all the PMs.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude
Default Re: TWG LXI2: Back to our Roots

I hate you brb nevr getting online

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Sup
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Ahh yes, the age-old Seer + Guardian combo.

AKA.

Seer comes out, Guardian guards seer.

We all post "Not seer" so we can verify said seer's identity?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Holy **** it's jwc.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

I WAS GUARDIAN, GUARDIAN.
NOW I'M A ****ING HUMAN.

gg lito
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Litodude
FFR Player

-__________________________________________________________________-

dude
out west?

Quote:
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

Old 03-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Obligatory wtf human post. Again. This should be a good game i.e. vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

I ****ing got the same exact human role twice in a row. Same name and everything.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Oh, p.s. like meno I won't be on AIM nearly at all so I can only play via PMs. I'll make a meebo account so I can access AIM at school when I need to.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 03-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #11
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

ohai
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #12
rzr
TWG Veteran

I got the same name too, I wish I could change my FFR name to it- it's cool.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #13
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Wtf gay.

From wolf to human.

Oh well. At least its started again.

Omg, JWC. I thought you were dead.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Lito, at school instead of AIM, use gmail and add your AIM username for chat or whatever it is.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #15
rzr
TWG Veteran

I had an idea, but I don't think anyone would go for it...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #16
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

I advocate the tried and true scenario that jwc proposed.

(I would like to assume from this point on I'm wasting my breath, but who knows)

The seer should come out. If only one seer comes out during the night, the guard should guard the seer. If two seers come out, we lynch them both (a wolf for a blue). The most important thing, and the thing that leads to **** going awry most often is not lynching both seers. What I mean is, I don't trust me, you, or any other players to make a judgment call on which seer is real (provided there is 2), and if we decide to and pick the wrong person, it's a guaranteed loss. The moral of the story is, if there are 2 seers we have to remain neutral and completely discount what both of them say.

Ideally, only 1 seer will come out and we won't have to worry about it.

That's just my two cents, and I leave you with the obligatory not seer

Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #17
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Also not seer. Go with flaw's plan; it's worked beautifully in the past, so no reason why it shouldn't this time.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #18
rzr
TWG Veteran

If there's two seers or even if not I don't think we should have guardian come out. If there's two it's risky too NOT lynch them both given that seer A could be a wolf and e lynch seer B (human). So if the guard stays in the closet and we lynch both seers then the guardian can still guard random lives and we may get lucky and the wolves will attack that person proving the guard alive at the time and the humanity of that person.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 AM   #19
Litodude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawofhumanity View Post
The seer should come out. If only one seer comes out during the night, the guard should guard the seer. If two seers come out, we lynch them both (a wolf for a blue). The most important thing, and the thing that leads to **** going awry most often is not lynching both seers. What I mean is, I don't trust me, you, or any other players to make a judgment call on which seer is real (provided there is 2), and if we decide to and pick the wrong person, it's a guaranteed loss. The moral of the story is, if there are 2 seers we have to remain neutral and completely discount what both of them say.
If the seer does comes out during the day (hoping that the random wolf kill of Night 1 didn't accidentally kill the seer) everything should go smoothly: seer tells readings, guardian guards, etc. If, by chance, two seers come out during the day then we have a problem. Both parties would tell misleading seerings and cause -somewhat- of a confusion on who to trust. We can deduce on who real/who's fake later in that scenario, and as you said completely discount what both of them have to say.

Now if the seer comes out during Night 1, we have a bit of a problem. If there's only one seer coming out tonight, that leaves a small possibility for inactivity on the real seer, but this also means that the claimed seer is true. But if -two- seers come out we have a problem. One of the players is obviously a wolf and the other is the true seer. This give the wolf an upperhand already knowing one of the blue roles. It would be up to the guardian to decide on whom he wants to guard. If guarded wrong, the wolves pretty much have it in the bag (assuming the wolves are good at their role); if guarded right there's still a problem: the guardian will not be able to safely say that "I guarded player A, player B is a wolf" because then the guardian is exposed.

In order to -somewhat- prove the seer was successfully guarded, assuming that s/he was, a conversation between the two parties would have to be made while the name of the guardian's SN censored out. This scenario can also be flawed if a censored conversation with a FAKE GUARDIAN were created.

Benefits of the seer coming out AFTER the Night phase outweighs the benefits if the seer were to come out right now. The probably of wolves successfully killing the seer, randomly, is 1/16. The probability of the Guardian correctly choosing the right seer to guard, randomly after two seers came out, is 1/2. I like the first choice odds better. We can assume that - if a supposed seer were to come out right now - that person is a wolf.

Obligatory not seer. DUH

I'm not sure if the wolves will risk the possibility of losing a wolf or killing the seer, if they proposed to come out as a fake seer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
Lito, at school instead of AIM, use gmail and add your AIM username for chat or whatever it is.
I was just kidding and showing my distaste to my newly received role which a loathe so much.

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #20
Litodude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post

I'm not sure if the wolves will risk the possibility of losing a wolf or killing the seer, if they proposed to come out as a fake seer.
This was supposed to go somewhere in one of the paragraphs. I forgot to put it in there.

dude
out west?

Quote:

Closed Thread