Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #181
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Blue's 1st Tournament

Bah, I will conquer time zones one of these days. I do wish it wasn't a four day round, I don't have much to do tomorrow, haha. On some random note, I FCd Novo Mundo earlier...with crappy PA but yeah. I guess Ill work on a better score tomorrow, 8 goods is easily improved upon.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #182
Iapyx
10 Year Veteran
FFR Veteran

Aww. I had tomorrow and the next day off, I was going to conquer the next song during that time frame. Ah well, one day off is better than none.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 AM   #183
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBlue Coordinator View Post
funmonkey54 - 1,924,400 credits (Holy **** nut ****. O.O)
I'd like to personally thank funmonkey for the incredible donation as well. It means a lot to us. We appreciate the help! <3

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
Old 03-31-2009, 05:41 AM   #184
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

little did you guys know, he couldn't have made that donation if i didn't gamble all my credits away to him :\
Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 AM   #185
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
little did you guys know, he couldn't have made that donation if i didn't gamble all my credits away to him :\
Haha, Kellen.
You weren't only one who gambled all their credits away to me. ^-^

Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #186
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsegod666 View Post
One last thing, Bolth mannn you are quitting because we are challenging you? If you dont get challenged then how will you improve?
im not quitting cause your challenging me. i challenge myself all the time. i like to enter tourneys that i ACTUALLY have a chance in. ILY's tourney was best because yes, i ACTUALLY had to fight in the later rounds, which was good.

i dont like fighting in early rounds though, it proves ive got no chance. and as much as it challenges or whatever, im not gonna waste my time on annoying songs if I have no chance to do what the tournaments goal is.

EDIT: dont take me out of all team events...im just going to wait until im a little better before signing up for tournaments.

PS: gosh funmonkey make it 2m :P

Last edited by Bolth mannn; 03-31-2009 at 06:52 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 AM   #187
Iapyx
10 Year Veteran
FFR Veteran

You know in the past 3 days I've played Hyper Hyper Definitive 99 times.

It and Happy Happy Shining Star have jumped to the top 5 most played songs in my level ranks, only to be rivaled by Seven and Evil Approaches, which I still haven't unlocked otaku speedvibe heavy, and Vertex Beta, which used to just be the bane of my existence.

Then again, a lot of those "plays" were done while using autofail.

Also, Bolth mannn, upon taking a look at your profile, I can understand your circumstances. You can't throw one handers in a tournament full of spread players. I'd imagine you're a better one-handed player than I am, but really, one handers deserve their own tournaments.

Last edited by Iapyx; 03-31-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #188
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x

I wanna get my hands in some of that 2mil. You should have put more people in master :P
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #189
Kotarouchan
I only need 3 seconds :)
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kotarouchan

ugh... it's like I forgot how to play this game... I'll try to post a decent score by the end of the day

btw, why is it I have better everything in Runny than Happy? (37-3-3-9 v 41-4-4-5)

Last edited by Kotarouchan; 03-31-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #190
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
im not quitting cause your challenging me. i challenge myself all the time. i like to enter tourneys that i ACTUALLY have a chance in. ILY's tourney was best because yes, i ACTUALLY had to fight in the later rounds, which was good.

i dont like fighting in early rounds though, it proves ive got no chance. and as much as it challenges or whatever, im not gonna waste my time on annoying songs if I have no chance to do what the tournaments goal is.
Everybody is playing the same song in the first round despite it being a challenge. If anything, it's proving that you don't have a chance earlier on instead of letting you think you do have a chance later on just because you got an easy song to play at first. If you AAA the first song along with the majority of the division, it hardly means anything in relation to those who acquired those AAAs and having a chance against them. It doesn't specifically mean you are as good as them. It just means that the song was easy enough to meet the standards of the lowest possible AAA obtainable by those who AAA'd it. It doesn't give a good measurement of the high-end of your abilities/capabilities. In terms of skill, if you don't have a chance, you don't have a chance, unless you constantly try to challenge yourself. You challenge yourself by actually trying despite the difficulty of the song. You don't quit because the song isn't easy enough for you. The only way I can think you would suddenly have more of a chance later on in relation to skill would be because some of your stronger competition became unfortunate and forgot to submit/had life problems that made them unable to submit over time. In that case, you would have more of a chance due to luck, not due to skill. Yeah, that's not what we're shooting for here.

Let's look at this scenario:
Easy song for the first round. Everybody submits a score and 12 out of the 14 people in the division AAA it. Only 11 people go on to the next round, though. Woot, we all have a better chan-oh wait, what's this? Tiebreaker because of all the AAAs? Here comes to hard song to really determine the skill. Hey, we could have gotten to round two the same way if we would have just made the main song a little harder. It also would have taken one less day. Shucks, I didn't make it because I had the lowest score out of everyone else in the tiebreaker round. Looks like I never really had a chance despite being able to AAA the main song.

Now let's say you did make it (despite having one of the lowest scores, if not the lowest score) because one person out of the 12 in the tiebreaker round didn't submit a score for whatever reason. Oh yay, round two. Crap, I'm in danger of being eliminated. My skill is pretty consistent with round one. Wait...Wait! Yay, those three people didn't submit. Poor Takedown and his computer suddenly exploding. Sorry to hear that Gun's arms broke in that smoothie incident and made him unable to play. Aww, Psychotik. The life of a blind man isn't that bad. Just really can't play FFR anymore. At least I'm on to round three with only nine people left! I think I may have a chance. Oh, wait, nah, I just lost. Everybody submitted and I had the lowest score. Now that I think of it...I always had one of the lowest scores. I really didn't have a chance the whole time. I just got lucky. I probably should have had the mentality of challenging myself and trying harder. Maybe I could have placed high enough for a prize. Ah well, maybe next time.

I also don't understand your logic with "wasting your time on annoying songs if you have no chance to do what the tournament's goal is." This tournament's goal is to challenge you so you'll improve and to involve you in a good amount of competition. Guess what not giving you an easy song for round one is doing? Yup, challenging you so you'll improve and involving you in a good amount of competition. The tournament's goal is not to give you a better chance at winning because that obviously can't be given to everybody participating. You say it was good that you actually had to fight in later rounds, but why not in the first round even though it essentially proves the same thing? To me, it appears that you just don't like having a lesser chance at winning. It really doesn't feel like you truly like to challenge yourself "all the time" because if you did feel that way, you wouldn't be complaining about being challenged in the first round. You want to have a better chance at winning? Constantly challenge yourself. (And yes, this includes during the first round. Why wouldn't it?) You'll improve quicker and you'll have a better chance at winning. There's an apparent connection to "having a better chance" and "challenging yourself" that I think you're missing.

Quote:
EDIT: dont take me out of all team events...im just going to wait until im a little better before signing up for tournaments.
In this case, it's not your FFR skill that I want to see improved before I allow you to participate in another team event. Either way, I wouldn't take you out of all team events. I'm not going to be that harsh about this. I just want you to understand that there's more to tournaments than having a chance at winning, and that "having a chance" is only going to really apply if you challenge yourself. Having a positive mentality about all of this is key to those aspects.

This concludes Hammy's rant. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. I also hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon or nuts will be busted in the process.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 03-31-2009 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #191
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Hey bolth I've been in I think two official tournaments. I made it to the second round once, where I was quickly eliminated. In the other one I tried as hard as I could but was gone in round one. I just happened to be at the lower end of skill of the division. That's how it goes dude. I really doubt I would have thought any more of myself if they gave us some easy song that everyone AAA'd and then I got eliminated when they gave us an actual song to play in a tiebreaker.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #192
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

I like Hammy's philosophy on the song difficulty, but my scores are gonna start getting really bad really fast.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #193
CrownClown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CrownClown

I agree with Hammy's idea on the song choosing. This might give me reason to start playing full time again.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #194
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Wait...Wait! Yay, those three people didn't submit. Poor Takedown and his computer suddenly exploding. Sorry to hear that Gun's arms broke in that smoothie incident and made him unable to play. Aww, Psychotik. The life of a blind man isn't that bad. Just really can't play FFR anymore.
This made me seriously laugh out loud. And although I was complaining earlier about being bumped up into expert and such, I do agree with your points. I guess we're too interested on being declared the winner / getting the honor and credits that we don't really want to try to achieve such status - just have it happen for us (like if such aforementioned tragedies happened to fellow players )
Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #195
TD_boredom
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to TD_boredom

This is my last tourney, I just don't feel like wasting another 3 years of my life to try and become halfway decent.

If it gets me through then ok, if not, peace.

I'll probably end up posting a score later, when i get over my mental block.

FCs: 155
Best FC: Crowdpleaser
AAAs: 22
Best AAA: Abtrusity
Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #196
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

I don't even like smoothies! >.< Fail ha ha good rant Hammy. I agree, I hate running through the first 3 or 4 rounds with everyone AAAing songs, its not fun and its boring. Competition is kick ass.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #197
norsegod666
Well hello there!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to norsegod666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Wait! Yay, those three people didn't submit. Poor Takedown and his computer suddenly exploding. Sorry to hear that Gun's arms broke in that smoothie incident and made him unable to play. Aww, Psychotik. The life of a blind man isn't that bad.
Now that the tears are out of my eyes I can write something. Let us look back to Badman's Second Tourney of Darkness, shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Bolth, and goelo will be moved to inter next round.
Quote:
badman, count me out of this tourney, i cant even AAA losing touch...and its inters first song...im absolutely over tourneys atm. i guess it was fun while it lasted.
Quote:
yeah but seriously badman, i know your meant to push yourself..but first round song, a song i can hardly AAA? and half of inter AAAd easily...

unless your putting me back down to beginner...im gonna quit out of this tourney till i can AAA more than half of the lvl 8s and i can easiy fit into inter, cause i am over the too good for blah, not good enough for blah.
Now lets look at something else...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn's Siggy
FCs: 503 (public)
AAAs: 101 (public)

There is no way you can have 500+ FCs and still be considered beginner, even if you mashed some of them.

How can you say you are pushing yourself when you won't even try to play in the higher division even if you may be on the lower end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
what
how theactual fuck

R YOU SURE YOU CAN"T SEE THIS?

Last edited by norsegod666; 03-31-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #198
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

hahaha bolth FAIL! just go with it. I've been over placed before. Its not the end of the world.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #199
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

Bolth, I made the tourney have an even 2M. I think I donated plenty for one oturney. rofl.

And Danny, Good luck getting your hands on some of it. I am going to check up throughout this tourney. I like this. lol.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #200
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

hey hammy!! i have 286 AAAs and 629 FCs ... i dont think i should be in advanced i should be in intermediate :P
Closed Thread