Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 03:28 PM   #41
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

No matter what I come up with, you're just going to go "OH THAT SUXXORS I CAN FIND A MILLION THINGS WRONG WITH IT!!!111!!!!!!11!!"
Soooooo the other thread yeah it was something like that BUT who knows how long the days when he created the earth were? Who says they were 24 hours? I don't.

I can find as many things wrong with evolution as you can with creation. I didn't even really read that site, I just came up with something quickly.
So we have differences. They won't be solved.

Good day.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:35 PM   #42
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

cant you see my point...answer the question was that when the earth was created yes or no
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 03:40 PM   #43
aleco
FFR Player

I did say "soooooo the other thread yeah it was something like that"
No one can determine the exact time, really. It was probably somewhere 4000-6000 BC when they were forced out of Eden.
No one knows how long the days of creation lasted. I don't think they were regualar days, but I really don't know.
So my point is when the Earth was created depends on how long the days of creation were, which no one knows.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #44
makaveli121212
FFR Player

ok, so you agree that the bible may not have accurately measured the time the earth was created...the thing is, that site used the bible as fact, and if the earth's time in the bible is not a fact then the rest of the bible can not be assumed to be either
Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #45
aleco
FFR Player

Where you getting that the Bible says the exact time the earth was created? It doesn't. If the site says it does, then that is way off.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #46
makaveli121212
FFR Player

didnt you read the link
Old 04-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #47
aleco
FFR Player

Not the whole thing.

There is a geneology, but that only goes to when man was created. It doesn't state when the earth was created.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:52 PM   #48
makaveli121212
FFR Player

no it doesnt, but it can be reasonably inferred, and that bishop found the date
Old 04-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #49
aleco
FFR Player

He's inferring that the creation days were 24 hours. Who knows?
Old 04-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #50
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Quote:
There are a spectrum of beliefs between "pure creationism" and "pure evolution". Organizations such as the "Institute for Creation Research" (ICR), the "Creation Research Society" (CRS), and "Answers in Genesis" (AIG) believe God created during six literal 24-hour days, the earth is young, and the global flood was a real event.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #51
aleco
FFR Player

I didn't see that and I don't necesarily agree with that.
Old 05-3-2004, 11:50 AM   #52
Nightstar
FFR Player

It is not that it goes AGAINST evolution, its just that humans have stopped evolving, now we just mate with people, regardless of anything. there is no longer any dangers to evolve against, so we become stagnant. Evolution is simple this-if you believe in genes/dna, then evolution is when a surviving male and female reproduce, and the child has related dna derived from its parents. This child lives on to pass its dna to its child, and so on, ensuring that the survivors( the strong/smart/physically adapted) genes get passed on. Evolution is the death of the weak, but in our society(i mean the more "advanced" parts of the world) no one dies. idiots reproduce, sickly people reproduce, mentally retarted people can reproduce, failures can reproduce. THIS is anti-evolution, although it is societal evolution.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2004, 11:53 AM   #53
Nightstar
FFR Player

this is kinda off topic, but does anyone else fell that "biracial" people in general look much more attractive and healthy than um... "monoracial" people? (i coined a term!) this might be because one regions gened wipe out the others flaws, and vise versa? just a thought.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:46 PM   #54
Jam930
FFR Player

you know what...i wonder -scientifically- why we're so much smarter/capable than most animals. maybe there was some major mutation that made us smart...or some pregnant mom got struck my lightning...or something really weird. maybe a monkey and a platapus mated....or aliens planted us on this planet...or we're aliens...
Old 05-22-2004, 07:54 PM   #55
IronMonk
FFR Player

the reason that dualracial [racist term] people are generally more attractive and heltier is that their parents had less genetic material in common, thus less insest. believe it or not, there is no way for the world to work unless there was a ton of insest in your famly tree. but in other world the way for you to give birth to the healthiest children is to mate with someone that is very very very differant then you. not your cousin.

and seeding is a very logical argument to our being here. although not by having aliens drop off a dozen humans on a planet. but that by perhaps a metior containing plant seeds.
Old 06-3-2004, 02:24 AM   #56
Jam930
FFR Player

that's a pointless theory,

the thing is that plants fit on this planet, humans do not. I think if anything is foreign it's humans. or some aliens influence could have mutated us into smart people.

If you think plant seeds were dropped off by some meteor, well they wouldn't survive in space. at all.

vacuum, very very cold, etc. I think it would have to had been facilitated, aliens would have to deliberately drop off life, or life was started by lightning striking ponds of weird chemicals or whatever that other theory was.

Or if you're lazy,

God did it all.
Old 06-3-2004, 11:22 AM   #57
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Forgive my late post, but this is my first time to this thread, and Jam revived it.

Religion and evolution are not mutually exclusive. However, if you want to believe otherwise, go for it, but it seems to me that that argument is a bit harder to defend.

I have a friend who is staunchly the-world-was-created-6000-years ago, and cites scientific studies supporting that idea, coming largely from http://www.creationevidence.org/ . I, as a Christian in my own way, think that his proof is complete bullshit and don't believe in his idea whatsoever. The point is that such evidence, plus faith, is more than enough to convince people such as aleco while others are completely baffled at why. That's why the whole argument came down to a stalemate of differences of belief, and I don't like seeing people completely discount other possible ideas regardless of their own thoughts and beliefs.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 09:57 PM   #58
alvask8er
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to alvask8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
refer to punnet squares.. someone with Bb crossed with someone with Bb for brown eyes over blue
B= brown eyes
b= blue eyes..

when solved its a 25% chance of BB; 50% chance of Bbl; and 25% chance of bb;

meaning that there is still hope for use blue eyed peoples...

and also, it has to do with genetic mutations, and things of the sort... eventually, like WAY down the road, there will only be one race of person.. no more whites, blacks, asains, indians, we will all become one race eventually... but never will we all look the same.. there are just too many elements that go into to physical features of people to get us all to look like identicals
Exactly. If one does the math, eventully, after a long, long time, recessive traits will become very rare, and most people could have the same hair or eyes, but never will they completely die out. As for aliens, you seem to like that idea, i dont doubt their exiestence, but im not to sure they planted life on here. Aiethest, so i dont go the god route....Big bang?