Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #61
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Post-game

I could quote a majority of his posts, but effort.
He was playing with an odd confidence that early on I attributed to being a role or scum, obviously as things progressed it edged more towards wolf than town pr.

It was probably my outside looking in prospective, but you know when you read a game there are just posts that jump out as "Damn that's wolfy." that was my reaction to most of his posts I saw after D0.

Also don't really see how my post was negative tbh..considering 9/10 postgames I get called a fucking idiot or something along those lines. Constructive? No. Negative? Hardly
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #62
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Not constructive; needs examples.
I actually started typing up a big post but I felt so bad writing it, I deleted it
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #63
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh yeah, I guess DFR didn't really have my radar go off like... at all. I saw his posts, but none of them felt like it was a computer typing something for the sake of typing.

Weird reads man, I got dem!

Alright, since I'm at work, and there's nothing going on because it's Spring Break for the kiddies and as such there's NO ONE in the library, might as well make a player analysis too!

---

Green Lego Dog Thing - I did aite. I do want to say though I apologize to ANYONE within this game that I made feel uncomfortable or made them feel bad. Especially the latter part because that was not my goal within this game!

I also hope I did a pretty okay job at explaining some things to the new players... hopefully!?

-

dAnceguy117 - He was super helpful to the new players and was completely civil in doing so. He gave mafia wiki links to show what a player was potentially, or is, doing. He was being quiet and in the back, but I don't know if he did that because I questioned about him being assertive.

I think dAnceguy made the wolves think he was a PR early on because of this, haha.

-

reuben_tate - Oh gosh Ben, I think I was the rudest to you in this game and I already apologized in PM land, but I apologize again! Like I said, the reason I pinged you out was not only because of how interpreted your posts after Red Sludge claimed, but because of just... how computerized your posts were. They weren't you. Like, it felt like whoever was responding to the posts and me in this game was not reuben_tate but a CPU that had predetermined responses for every scenario.

I think if you roll wolf again, you need to work on adding some character to yourself, I think. Or it could just be I've talked to you for like... a few years now to know when you're being off I guess, hahaha.

-

danceflashrevo - I didn't pay you much attention, but I will say none of your posts in this game made me stop in my tracks and go "wat?" You agree'd to some, disagreed to others, put your own thoughts, and never looked like you were posting just for the sake of saying something. I think I get was T-Force was going for you and why you got MVP.

Sure, you didn't really push or lead, but I would think your actions is a pretty town-y thing to do and the remaining town would probably be hard pressed to believe you are a wolf. Which is scary because then that means you'll have a fantastic wolf game, hahahaha.

-

Vendetta21 - Passive and aggressive your play was. I think it was because of how passive you were that I was starting to think you were something other than human in this game. Indeed, you weren't a human, but I totally thought you were a wolf here. I think you did a pretty cool play by doing that, definitely made think something was up with you and probably the main reason the wolves decided to not go after you... maybe?

I'm still sorry about totally insta-ing you though at the end.

-

Storn42 - I think you need to tone down with the neutral stuff. I mean, at the end of phase when I wanted reuben_tate dead, you started to say "This is a good reason for me being a wolf" and saying neutral things. As a town, you shouldn't do that.

Town in this scenario should be defending themselves, since you were on the chopping block. Don't agree with statements that could make you a wolf, that will not work out in the end for you, I promise! Try to be pro-town, duder!

If you're wondering what neutral responses are: Essentially it's posts that show "Oh, it could be this OR that" and then not giving your opinion on which one you're leaning to.

Example: Oh, reuben_tate could be Point A or Point B, but I don't know what to think!

-

Red Sludge - Yoooo, I think I already mentioned this to you way back in the game thread, but fake claiming a role as a human is the wrong way to go about. I see what your intentions were, but fake claiming is generally a very dangerous thing to do, more so if you're a human.

Not to say there are no instances where fake claiming a role as a human can be beneficial, but it's sort of rare for it to happen and work smoothly.

I hope to see ya again though, duder!

-

_Zenith_ - I don't know why people are saying you were obviously wolf. Maybe if you had a few games under your belt it would be, but this is your first game. Your "wolfy" responses didn't really feel wolfy, because as a new player I expected posts from you where you make some pretty shaky decisions. The fact you even went so far and kept acting as you were shows just how much you grasped the concept of being a wolf very early on and for that I'm extremely proud of you.

Acting like what everyone perceives you as a human is the best thing you can do as a wolf. It's this state of being where you're almost impossible to get lynched because you're doing things people expect you to be doing, which in this case, was stumbling around confused on how to go about things.

Keep it up duder, you're going places!

-

choof - dank memes

But naw, I liked your perception this game. I was super happy to see you saw what I was getting at in Night one, but then wolves thought that you were a threat (and rightly so I guess, lol) that they killed you.

I wondered what you would've done after Night One to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #64
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In response to the player feedback, I thank you all for helping me throughout the course of the game. Those links helped me learn a little more than what I was rough drafted by players. Had you guys not said anything or if this was a normal TWG, I would've been dead day 0 hahaha.

If choof wasn't killed N1, he would've made a case to lynch me and rightly so, though I am with Charu in the fact that a majority of my posts were either shitposting or trying to create a town mask. I don't know where at all my posts sounded wolf except maybe getting away from the action when Ben was being Lynched. Players were telling me to bus him but it wouldn't feel right whatsoever actually voting against Ben because then I would have to do things my own no matter what from that point on. I could've bussed him but to make a case later on would've proved difficult.

A little of my own player synopsis;

Charu - I warmed up to the game by doing Page 1-5 white noise with you and it was helpful in my confidence. I thought you were a PR the entire game; and I even thought there were two the entire game. I ruled you as the best candidate for making claims against people and people would listen to you and back you up on your claims which was scary because I didn't want to cross paths with you at all in that sense. I saw what you did to Ben, and I was terrified the same would happen to me.

Danceguy - Sorry for killing you in the last night; just like Charu, I thought you were the other PR the entire game. You were incredibly helpful to us newer players but I wish you were more active at the end.

V - If I ever play with you again, I have to learn how to read you properly. Even though I was wolf, I felt like you could've been a psuedo wolf and I played on that. Though obviously, you were the only PR and pretty much the game winner when I insta'd you.

RedSludge - Sorry you got lynched Day 0; using your mistake was beneficial for us Wolves but listen to what the Vets have to say. Even though I fake roleclaimed, I had a good intention but was thwarted by a miscalculation. If you're town, you should like the others have said, never fake roleclaim.

DFR - Oh man oh man oh man, you were my rival the entire game. I was nervous of your ability to turn claims into large detailed possible lynches. I knew you didn't have a PR just from the way you were posting. You deserve MVP though

Choof - It wasn't even me who killed you! It was Ben! From the way you threw daggers at me D0, I knew you would be troublesome to deal with in the later rounds so I was on board for your kill in N1. I look forward to playing again with you to learn how to read you better and to hear how well you can claim a case against someone or counterclaim.

Reuben - I know you kind of had hope that I could pull something off but I tried to end things quickly and quietly but a miscalculation sent me over the edge into a loss for the both of us :[. I think that you have some hard reads but to be honest, I didn't see anything that painted you wolf. I feel like Charu kind of leapt with his gut and scored the wolf kill purely out of luck.

Storn - I had no reads on you whatsoever because it was so obvious that you were a VT. I wish you had a better ability to post explanations but I guess that means we are on the same boat haha!

I do hope to play with you all again one day or another; another huge thanks for letting me participate!

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #65
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
I
Also don't really see how my post was negative tbh..considering 9/10 postgames I get called a fucking idiot or something along those lines. Constructive? No. Negative? Hardly
I know I'm definitely guilty for those, but I looked back on those. Namely, check my post in the post-game for Rise of the Wolves. I gave a reasoning behind my thoughts. I can see why others are saying otherwise regarding yours. That said, I agree with you saying that it's not negative. As someone not seeing them as a noob, yeah, Zenith could definitely seem wolfy. If he was town though, would it really change?

Think of it like this: No matter what role he gets, it's his first game: he has no established meta. Every single move of his is going to be heavily scrutinized and will most likely be seen as wolfy one way or another.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #66
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Catching benguin was impressive. I would suggest maybe saving the kind of push you made during Night 1 for sometime in the following Day phase, because that kind of content encourages activity, and that Day ended up being pretty slow. That's just my take on it, though, and I'm sure some would disagree.

Instalynching V was, as you've already noted, probably not the strongest play. Even though I think V would have eventually been lynched that phase, he could have posted his check from Night 2, which would have made the game even more secure after the Cop flip. Patience is key!

There's not much for me to comment on, honestly. The reads list you posted shortly before your death looked just fine to me. Maybe that list wasn't the best use of your very limited time, though, given its length.

Placing the final vote on Redsludge seemed to result in you getting some heat, so that's something to note for future games. However, I've seen some people say that wolves are less likely to place that vote, because they already know the flipp will be Village-aligned, and they don't want that kind of attention. So I wouldn't say that's a universally "weak" play from a wolf. Depends on who else is playing in the game, I suppose.

Overall, I thought you played this game just fine. Would've been interesting to see if the 50/50 had killed storn instead of you!

I thought that first big post of yours was excellent. Also, as I mentioned in-game, I thought your defense of storn helped make you look Villager-y, which can help others to correctly narrow down lynch candidates.

Voting yourself to avoid a phantom was clever, but according to whatever phantom rules I vaguely remember from this site, I think that still results in a phantom being accrued, or used to. Something to note.

Wolves can talk with each other during Night phases, and they usually do, but it's not technically necessary. Only one wolf needs to send the mod a PM in order to send a kill. Worth remembering!

Your insults (even when toned down) can come off as uninviting, based on what I've heard from a few spectators. It's absolutely in the nature of the FFRTWG community (and you were probably a pioneer), but the jTWG label is advertised as being lower-stakes. I'd just say, be mindful of that if you happen to sign up for another one in the future.

I read you as Cop, so \o/

Looking forward to seeing you play TWG again, should you choose to keep playing here.

You were fun to play with! You had some silly posts, and it's nice to be reminded that TWG is, in fact, a game.

I've often found that a good way to try to avoid being near the chopping block for a lynch is to show exactly what you're thinking. As best you can, go through your own logic and articulate it for others. Even for "gut" feelings, there should be something that person said or did to make you feel that they are or aren't wolfy. Even if your writing ends up being somewhat unclear to others, putting an attempt on display can at least show others that you're engaged.

As I'm sure you noticed, your roleclaim basically sealed your fate in this game. One of the biggest differences between TWG on LLF and TWG on FFR is that LLF allows private communication between/among players outside of the thread, whereas FFR usually does not.

When external communication is permitted, I think fake roleclaims from non-wolves become more common, because you can give different stories to different people. The head of an alliance can post one thing in the thread, while given the actual details (or perhaps different, yet still fabricated, ones!) to the alliance.

As fake roleclaims from non-wolves become more common, they become more permissible, as does rescinding those claims. Seeing a deer run across the road in a country area is a very different thing from seeing that happen in the heart of New York City, haha. People react strongly to things they're not used to.

That's my take on what happened in the first phase of this game. In any case, even though your play resulted in you being lynched, it also gave Charu an opportunity to read a reaction to your play from a wolf. High five!

Congrats on making it so far in your first game as a wolf! You've outdone any of my own performances on this site, by far.

You were my top pick for the last remaining wolf just before I died, but a lot of what I used to try to deduce that was based on circumstances which were largely out of your control, haha.

Just a couple of critiques from me:

- The choof kill from Night 0 started to point in your direction, I think. Killing someone who was suspicious of you isn't a universally "weak" play, by any means. Getting rid of that heat is worthwhile, and even if people notice, I'd say they're just about as likely to chalk it up to "framing" as they are to believe the alternative. More importantly, from my perspective, it's generally optimal play from wolves to try to hunt and kill people with Power Roles. choof roleclaimed Vanilla Townie, so when I saw that choof had died, I figured that a veteran player was less likely to have been involved in that choice of wolfkill. Something to note!

- Your response after the benguin lynch caught my eye. You said that you were trying hard to find reasons why benguin could be a wolf and could be worth lynching, but you hadn't said anything about that in your prior posts during that Day phase. Some players prefer to post fairly infrequently, and I think lying like that would be more viable for them than someone who makes frequent, short posts; we all got to see what was on your mind throughout that phase, and clearly, consideration of voting to lynch benguin was not on your mind. Haha.

That's all I got. I feel like that playing style of posting frequently and rapidly results in being read as Villager-y more often than not in this TWG community, so I think that helped your cause more than it hurt in this game. Not everyone has the ability to constantly stay on their toes like that in this game. I'm quite impressed!

I feel confident that, regardless of whether or not the 'j' in jTWG is present and regardless of whether you're wolfin' or hunting wolf in a given game, you'll feel right at home here. I hope you agree. Welcome aboard!

Not much to say. I thought your play d0 was rock solid. My vote on you was more to try to show what a pretty standard vote based on someone "knowing too much" looks like.

Dead people tell no tales! If anything, it's lucky that you flubbed here instead of a longer game where people were more invested. Whether or not you get a game ban, what's important is that you lean from this experience. Don't post! Just don't do it!

edit: omg I forgot choof I'm sorry

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 03-12-2015 at 10:47 AM..
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #67
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Oh, almost forgot.

When is the next game going to be!?

Old 03-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #68
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

when game
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #69
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

A few quick notes on my own play in this game:

I think my tone and presentation would have been roughly the same no matter what role/alignment I was given. Unlike in other games I've played, I think my biggest tells in this game could be derived from when and why I broke away from that style, if I ever chose to do so (or was forced to).

Charu, if you had looked up my other games (which would've taken an insane amount of time btw), I think the closest thing you would've found is my most recent wolf game on this site. I had a neutral tone in that game, and I had a neutral tone in this one. I took longer to construct organized posts in that game, and I did the same in this one. It has less to do with me rolling villager/wolf than it has to do with my approach to the game. I wanted to cut down on my postcount, because I wanted to avoid making this game about me.

Some of my inactivity can be chalked up to me not being able to use my phone, either because I didn't have service or because I was driving at the time. Oops!

Good game, all. Fun times

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 03-11-2015 at 04:04 PM..
Old 03-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #70
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

On the contrary, I don't think you were neutral, at least during the second Day Phase.

You going on reuben made me finally place you in my awesome green pile of goodies.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #71
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Lol reading everyone's analysis from me, I feel as though I don't give myself enough credit rofl.

My own analysis - I was really proud of my play this game especially because I was vt, a role that I have meant to polish up on because if you've ever played TWG with me, I'm practically useless VT and read wolf a lot of time because of that. For the record I still don't have a wolf game on forum yet, and I don't believe you Charu.

Zenith - You did really well rolling wolf in your first game. I almost feel bad for you that you ended up having to play wolf first time because that's really rough. You posted a lot, and I'm really happy to see that you did that. I know that for a lot of new players (especially me, holy shit), posting is really hard to do, and you tend to stay quiet. Without looking, I think you had the second/third highest post count in the game, AS A WOLF! Good job man, I can't wait to see you play in the future.

Charu - Gj spotting ben out. I felt you were town all game, when ben flipped I knew you were town for sure and felt safe following you (to the point we almost threw at the end if it wasn't so auto rofl). Ur a vet, i don't have critiques for you.

Ben - or should i say toxopiplup b/c damn those wolf games brooooo. I don't really have anything to say, unfortunately. I still want one of those avi's

V - each time i play with you i end up thinking the seer/cop is wolfy >:\

storn - Yeah work on that neutral stuff, it didn't really help your case and made you look like me. Stop it, only me is me.

Redsludge - It's a shame the game ended for you like that, it's been hashed over and over. I hope I see you play again though!

p337 - Gj helping the players out, you played like a good jTWG vet guy. vEtguy117

I'm going to be mad if next game I'm wolf.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #72
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
On the contrary, I don't think you were neutral, at least during the second Day Phase.

You going on reuben made me finally place you in my awesome green pile of goodies.
I did vote benguin, but in that post I made where I had a bunch of links to other posts, I never once made an assertive stance on anything, haha. I asked the reader a lot of questions. I had my own opinions in my head, but I kept them to myself. Because I'm greedy like that.

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 03-11-2015 at 04:13 PM..
Old 03-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #73
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I'll be entirely honest, I was so scared, frightened, and nervous about being Wolf in my first ever game.

Like T-Force said, I didn't have an established meta to work on or towards. Most of my ideas as a wolf came from reading several other TWG threads which is where I got the idea of 2-1 town to wolf but that same miscalculation ruined the only slim chance I had of winning Oh well.

I know I won't be wolf two games in a row so I get to polish up on my townie skills (which is majorly what I was doing in this game). I figured posting a lot as a wolf is kind of a risk-reward situation but I went for it anyways. I was at that point doing anything to make it seemingly impossible that I was a wolf (still laughing at you guys keeping the noob card going for me!)

Old 03-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #74
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Yeah, being a wolf is hard work, for sure.

Don't be surprised if you do roll a wolf again, it can happen, y'know!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #75
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I just rolled back to wolf games X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #76
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Why are you here?
Old 03-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #77
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Like a Rocket

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #78
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I know I won't be wolf two games in a row so I get to polish up on my townie skills (which is majorly what I was doing in this game). I figured posting a lot as a wolf is kind of a risk-reward situation but I went for it anyways. I was at that point doing anything to make it seemingly impossible that I was a wolf (still laughing at you guys keeping the noob card going for me!)
There's a reason I said Ben had Toxophilis Syndrome: Both Tox and he have rolled wolf 3 games in a row (for Tox, they were her first 3 games; for Ben, his 2nd-4th). It can definitely happen. And the opposite can happen. Another player, soramimi, has rolled Vanilla Town in practicdally every game. The one she didn't, she was the seer, and ended up subbing out to DFR.

It's all RNG, man. So don't ever piss off the RNG gods.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #79
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

RNG Mercy pls ty have a nice day \o/

I know there is a possibility but I so don't want to be wolf twice in a row

Old 03-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #80
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
The one she didn't, she was the seer, and ended up subbing out to DFR.
incidentally my other notable twg game haha

Why are you here?