Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #81
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopert
Thought I'd chime in before everyone started pointing out the inactive people. Thus far I really don't even have a hunch, which is unusual. I've been thinking about who has the best chance to win this game, and I think the wolves will definitely get it unless somehow both of the seers can join up together. Anyways, I better throw out a vote for someone lest I get a phantom. I vote lightdarkness. It seems like he is trying to jump on Afro for a reason that is hardly convicting. I know it is day1 and there is nothing really to go on, but you're the only one who is standing out to me right now.
I didn't "jump" on him, I made a vote which was much better than going //roll-dice1-sides24.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #82
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I've had my eye on aperson for a while. In the chat it seemed like he was sort of protecting nforcer, which could have been a wolf. My vote doens't go to aperson though.

My vote goes to Omegantros for many of the reasons Cenright listed.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #83
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

My vote is for talisman because of what flypie pointed out.

He said that inactivity is not a sign of being a wolf, and then two of his three reasons for making his vote were ostensibly because his choice was inactive.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #84
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

All right, guys, I'm here.

Hmmm... I've basically got nothing. Nobody's contacted me, the chat's silent... ugh. These arguments seem valid, but I can find opposing reasons for some of these, making it hard for me to tell who to trust or not.

Therefore, to avoid lynching a potential special role, and to avoid a phantom, I will vote for psychic25. I won't be home in time for voting's end, so I have to do this now.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:14 PM   #85
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

This Is Chardish: Dear everyone in FFR-Land,

Cenright is gone from the game. It has been brought to my attention that he has committed a rules violation, and after discussing it with Cenright himself, he understands what he has done was wrong.

Punishment will be discussed later, but I bet it will be relatively light since I really believe Cenright didn't realize he was breaking the rules. But...rules are rules. So I'm afraid he's eliminated. Cypher, integrate this into the story as you will...sorry you've had to deal with this sort of nonsense twice now.

I love you all.
-Chardish
Old 02-23-2005, 03:37 AM   #86
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

^Whoaz

Anyway, my vote goes for Talisman for the same reason as kilga. He contradicts himself. There's no better evidence on anyone to my knowledge at this point. So it stands.

Edit: Bolded my vote. Sorry.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:47 AM   #87
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Ok. I made up a real cool spreadsheet thing, but for some reason I can't post attachments. Can't post them at all in the TWG forum, but I can in any other forum, so i'll have to put a img in here. I'll edit this when I get it set up

@Cen, no clue what happened thee, does this count for our lynching, or are we still going to lynch someone? Also, what time does the round end?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:49 AM   #88
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

I think 10:21 tonight.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #89
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Grrr, the img is far too big. I still can't post attachments, is it just me, or can only mods/admins do it in this forum?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:29 AM   #90
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

As far as I can recall, the day ends around 5:30 pm EST.

Mead: Please bold your vote. I kept missing it.

As for myself, I am going to go with Talisman as well. He contradicts his own reasoning for voting in the very same post that he votes, plus voting for a player who is a) well-known, b) powerful, and c) much more valuable to the humans alive than dead, with the presumption that he (blah, that is, who talisman voted for) is indeed human until proven lupine (or mafioso. Either one).

Also:
Whorli's Awesomely Cool Totally Not Ripped Off From Anyone Voting Guide:

Kenzya (1) - Tasselfoot
Whorlichan (1) - Omeganitros
Afrobean (1) - lightdarkness
evilbutterfly (1) - eyespewgreekfire
blahblah18 (1) - talisman
Omeganitros (2/3) - Neonatrias, Gamepro17616/Cenright (does his vote count still?)
lightdarkness (2) - evilbutterfly, roopert
talisman (3) - Kilgamayan, mead1, Whorlichan
psychic25 (1) - psychic25
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 02-23-2005, 07:10 AM   #91
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

OK guys.... this is what Cen was doing:

*edited*

He did this to 4 other people as well, none of them lied. They were all confused. What does this tell us? That roopert ain't no human. I tried to get in touch with him late last night, or for him to contact me while I was away, in case he is a blue.... but he did not respond. Which makes it look like he is a wolf even moreso.

My vote is changed to roopert.

PS - Cen's vote doesn't count.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #92
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

ok, so I've been kinda inactive because I was away from my computer for almost 36 hours... Right now, the oddest people acting up of the 16 or so that are really acting at all would be LD,EB,neon,talisman

Talisman's Logic is basically, "statistically speaking, since there are 6 wolves, at least one of them will be a strong active player... for this reasong I choose blah, because he is a strong active player and thus fits the criteria that I just made up on the spot..."
A. How absurd
B. Reasong for not being around stated above (playing in a marathon poker game)
C. This excuse for an argument actually brings zero logic whatsoever, and now my job is to discern whether or not this is just the ramblings of some fool that doesn't understand what he's really trying to get at.... OR if he was looking for some elaborate way to get a vote on me for some reason OR if he just wanted to bring up the other names that he did to perhaps throw suspicion OFF them, and to try and sever any ties between him and the others.

Personally, I'm not sure which one it is yet talisman, but if he's a wolf, I'd think that perhaps one of his 2 partners was on that list of his.

The reason why I would think perhaps neon might be a wolf is for the reasons Tass mentioned involving kenzya, yet neon at least graced us with his presence and threw a vote on someone that in a short span of time seemed to have a nice little backing, and as a first time player, I could see that he would want to insert himself inside any little bandwagon before it got out of control. His reasoning for the vote is that just something struck him as odd, but he couldn't really define it well. I don't buy it at all, but it may be just a first timer not knowing what to do.

EB I don't have a tremendous suspicion of, but I don't likle how he hasn't really contacted me once yet, when usually he always does. I also don't like how defensive he's been in his posts and drawing attention away from any true discussion and brings it to his own personal desires to stay alive. Usually he keeps that crap for the postgame, not ingame.

LD also seems to be acting slightly odd, but I haven't spoken to him as much as I would like to to form more of a concrete opinion, but its just a feeling I have, in the same way that I had the feeling of him the last game he played, when he was a wolf. He seems to be acting more cautious then he normally is, as opposed to his outspoken style that he usually employs. Its definately something I'll be keeping a closer eye on and I hope everyone else does too.

Personally, my vote will most likely go to either Neon or Talisman, but I have yet to decide which one.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #93
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
LD also seems to be acting slightly odd, but I haven't spoken to him as much as I would like to to form more of a concrete opinion, but its just a feeling I have, in the same way that I had the feeling of him the last game he played, when he was a wolf. He seems to be acting more cautious then he normally is, as opposed to his outspoken style that he usually employs. Its definately something I'll be keeping a closer eye on and I hope everyone else does too.
The reason I haven't been as outspoken in the past, is because this game has changed since the last time i've played it.

Before, I would throw around random votes on day one, and see where that got me. Now, you bassicly have to have solid proof for anyone to accept your vote on day one.

As for Roopert, I'm still not convinced he is a wolf. It's quite possible he is a blue, or maybe he just paniced and said whatever he thought was right.

As for talisman, I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing, but maybe i'm not looking deep enough.

For now, my vote stands. If you would like to chat just send me an instant message, or shout my name in the chat; I can usually spot when my name comes up.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #94
blahblah18
FFR Player

Also, I'm not saying here that Tass is a wolf, just that his previous post about asking to be seered proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT WHETHER HE IS A GREEN BLUE OR RED
He knows that he's gonna be seered, probably night 1, definately by night 2. This is inevitable, its just gonna happen. So the fact that he asks to be seered changes absolutely nothing. Basically, if he's a wolf, he's gonna ahve to deal with the fact that one person knows he's a wolf. The plus sides for him then is that
A) The seer really can't tell anyone without telling him he's the seer, so he has to wait at least one day for that, and then he still might be telling a wolf from the other team.
B) Obviously he's planned for this if needed, since we all know this situation will come at some point, so by asking for it first, he can denounce any as a fake seer, to try and get the real seer killed instead.

We've spoken about this before and we've said that it would probably have to go down something like this.
What I'm NOT saying here is that Tass is a wolf.
What I AM saying is that its just as inconclusive about him as it is for anyone else, and he's told me that 2 blues have already gone to him and told him their roles.
That's very dangerous, and I'm telling you all to heed much more caution then you all seem to be doing.

In conclusion,
seer me, I'm human.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #95
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

my reply:

TasselFoot: the fact of the matter is, i'm NOT doing what you said.
mastr414: i don't think you are

In truth, everything blah said is theoretically true. But, at the same time, the 2 seers DO need to come together for the humans to have an excellent shot at winning. My method is still the best way to get the 2 seers together. If someone has a better way besides hunt and peck, I'm all ears and willing to let them do that instead. If not, I hope the seers still seer me tonight and come to me tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #96
blahblah18
FFR Player

The point is that it could be either way, but for the seers to come to you is really stupid.
say you're a wolf, one seer comes to you saying he saw you're human... you choose a wolf buddy and tell the seer that he's the other seer and saw you were human. Bam! that's that... and the real seer that sees you as a wolf will either
A) be killed
or
B) be called a false seer as the "third" one that comes to you

This way by Tass is basically a method so that if Tass is a wolf, wolves win, if tass is human, humans have a better shot at winning...
Either way, all this does is let Tass win.

Just be careful people, and think for yourselves instead of seeing things posted only skin deep...
I'm upset no one else thought of any of this... or maybe wern't able to... *sigh*

This last post by Tass is just trying to gloss over the fact, and telling you that I'm right but that it should be ignored because there's no better way.

Just think on it people, and reply... show that this isn't a lost cause.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #97
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Tass:

bjstrattonIM: I'm going to guess that this is the 3rd IM you've gotten asking this question.
bjstrattonIM: What did Cenright do? o_O
This Is Chardish: I couldn't tell you without revealing his role.
bjstrattonIM: But Tass doesn't know?
This Is Chardish: Tass knows more than he should.
This Is Chardish: No sense in multiplying the problem.
bjstrattonIM: I meant in the sense that you didn't tell him anything extra.
bjstrattonIM: Since he conveyed your message.
This Is Chardish: Right.
bjstrattonIM: Okay.

Even though I'm sure a lot of people have seen them by now (since I didn't get to it earlier), I've edited out your Cenright convos accordingly. Talk to chardish if you have a problem with it.

If they're allowed back in I have them saved even if you don't.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #98
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I have them too. Cen gave them to me before he was kicked out. He also gave them to 4-5 other people. Lots of people have that conversation.

I'm alsp disappointed that roopert didn't reply to what was said. Also, kilga... I'm still in class. Can you ask Chardish if its ok to put that back in? And, if so, please do so. Thanks. My vote stands.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #99
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Alright, it seems I need to explain my vote a little more clearly. Because there is nothing concrete for me to go on, not even gut instincts about a players behavior (because I don't really know any of you guys too well yet), I figured I should pick a vote amongst people who have a higher probability for being wolves than those who don't.

Now I consider blah to be an active player, hence he was on my list. I mentioned that he has been somewhat more inactive this game than how I thought he normally played, and it turns out he has an excuse for this. My vote was never an inactivity vote... blah has made four posts and showed up in the chat for a time. What I said was that, according to what I imagined he would be like, he wasn't as active as I thought. Here's the full quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
one he hasn't been as active as I expected a power player with his reputation to be thus far (of course just my expectations)
notice the caveat in parentheses flypie omitted.

Now, this was NOWHERE NEAR the main reason I chose blah. The main reason, as I clearly stated, is here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
but thirdly, and mainly, because at this stage I don't want to lynch a human... and I feel that other players might be less likely to vote for him. In other words, I don't want him gone... in fact I kinda want to know what his ideas are, I just picked one from (who I consider) active players. If he is in trouble tomorrow because of this post, I will seriously reconsider changing my vote.
I can see where it can be argued that I contradicted myself, but I never intended to express my vote as an inactivity vote. Quite the contrary, I voted for someone who I consider to be a historically active player who at the point in time I was writing happened to be playing in a marathon poker game which I had no idea about. Can you really fault me, a new player, for simply noticing that blah, obviously one of the most appreciated players of the game, wasn't being as involved as I (obviously incorrectly) imagined him to be?

I don't want blah gone... if I did, why would I have told the chatroom after I made my post to "not bandwaggon" on my vote? I simply don't want to throw up a random vote, or vote for myself like psychic, and I already explained lengthily my procedure for slightly derandomizing my selection.

And for those people that voted for me because of the supposed contradiction, how does such a contradiction make me a wolf? Isn't it more likely that I just misexpressed myself? And would you guys be making this much of a fuss if I had picked aperson or ld or afro or anyone else on that list?

I AM human, I guarantee it, and if I get voted out tonight, you guys will definitely be apologizing in the postgame thread.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #100
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Hmmm... I don't really want to do this until I have more reason to be suspicious, but I don't want a phantom vote, either.

So I guess I'll officially drop my vote for Omeganitros. My reasons are stated in my last post.

Closed Thread