Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #441
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 203 Werewolves in Avalon GAME THREAD

I appriciate the response, Manti.

Re-reading EOD now

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-21-2022, 11:09 AM   #442
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Stopping here for two notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Roundbox imma need you to convince me that Manti isn't worth voting
Sell him to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I would like to know as well. Don't hate 'em, but he was certainly aggressive with his post about the no lynch topic along with the MML vote.
Roundbox never responds to these I don't think. I feel there have been several questions that Round has just sorta of avoided talking about, but this is one I wished he actually took the time to explore. At this point in my re-read I think he just drones on Lewdy for a bit with soft defense for his town circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I guess I'll toss some random thoughts out here:

I actually don't like MML and here's the reason:
Charu posts this:

MML follows up with it shortly after with this saying he's interested in exploring the No Lynch option.

Roundbox pushes back kinda strongly:

and MML immediately splits the difference instead of engaging roundbox on the issue. Giving the exact reasons why No lynch is a bad option (wagonomics and lynching is our only way to kill wolves).

I don't buy that MML thought no lynch was a good idea and 180'd as soon as he got flak for it. Feels disingenuous.
I dove into this in an unpublished post in a not cool way, but I still want to address this

Manti, you know your reason for voting me was that I was pushing the No Lynch too hard, right? But when you explain how I was pushing the no Lynch too hard your reason ends up being "well he was for it but isn't anymore. He 180'd on it. Wolf"

So in your world, if I liked the idea and stuck with it I'm a wolf, but if I liked the idea and then through conversation admitted it had drawbacks I'm still a wolf?

You can not explain your way out of this contradiction. You have given two different, opposing reasons for the vote that in the end you abandoned for really shady reasons.

Quote:
In
Indifferent on Juber Charu SG and FFA

Indifferent on Juber
That's a lot of focus on Juber for being indifferent

Going back to page 17 and to continue reading

Old 11-21-2022, 11:38 AM   #443
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Other then Manti and FFA going on about Pokemon, the thing that stands out the most is Roundbox refusing to respond to me while constantly referring to me and Manti. It's weird.

Quote:
I'm ok with a FFA lynch
I'm ok with Jub and Wayward tbh
I'm very ok with Manti because I think he's literally just grabbing the first pst he sees and trying to build an argument off of that instead of playing the fucking game. Again. As is his MO at this point

I am not ok with Lewdy lynch
I am not ok with Bug lyncg
I am not ok with Charu lynch
I am not ok with Freezin lynch

I guess Round and Raeko can live too idk not super impressed with Round and Raeko's d0 are aways kinda uneventful
These where my reads at the time, for those who think I was only voting Manti to avoid making stances or w/e. For what it's worth at the time I probably would have gone FFA for my second vote, so if you want to get at me for wanting to vote a town then c'mon at me. He had enough enough at the time and would continue to until Freezing strted the Juber push, and I thought Manti's reason was really bad so I stuck the vote to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
what makes you so confident I'm town?
it seems like you're implying that a little bit
What the fuck is this phrasing? This is in response to FFA not liking Manti btw

Look back at EOD and Round spends more time defending Manti then he does anything else. It's weird, and he does it at weird times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
what builds associations in this game is also conversation, not just voting for someone to get them to talk. i don't vote people to pressure them. i don't think i've ever done that. i vote for people based on the information they give (or don't give). this opinion is very strange to me, but i still think you're town.
I disagree that you shouldn't pressure with votes, unless you're playing at ZD where they only allow you to make one vote (super weird way to play, but interesting)

I must confess I like the tone of this post. I think it looks good coming from Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I think you're town but I can't say why right now

Call it tone read :*
Huh oh hm...yikes
Starting to see why a possible wolf would theoretically want to switch votes to FFA. Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
jub3r7
Start of the counter wagon. We know FFA is town, and if Freezin was a wolf he had no reason to swing off him like that unless they are both town and Freezin wants it to be dramatic

......I don't believe that because Freezin is sick right now. As a sick wolf, if he didn't have to do anything he simply wouldn't. That's what my gut says anyway

Quote:
Lets put the juber wagon at 3 with FFA and see what happens.
This trips me up because there's no reason to this at all rather he's wolf or town. I feel this and the next post are key to determining wolf relationships but I can't really pinpoint why

Quote:
eh I'll control this vote sure ffa
The indifference here is staggering. Anyway final Vote coun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Vote Count (D0 Final)

5 — flashflash_account — bugkid666, Wayward Vagabond, Charu, mellon_collie, DarkManticoreX2
4 — Jub3r7 — roundbox, Shadow_God_10, FreezinIce, flashflash_account
1 — Wayward Vagabond — Jub3r7
1 — DarkManticoreX2 — MixMasterLar

— Day has ended. If this votecount is incorrect, let me know within 2 minutes. —
Note: Please send me a PM on discord or FFR if the votecount is wrong or your vote is missed at any time.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:44 AM   #444
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Vote Count (thru #442)

2 — DarkManticoreX2 — FreezinIce, MixMasterLar
1 — Charu — DarkManticoreX2
6 — not voting/unvote — mellon_collie, bugkid666, roundbox, Wayward Vagabond, Jub3r7, Charu

———— Day ends in: 34 hours, 15 minutes ————

Note: Please send me a PM on discord or FFR if the votecount is wrong or your vote is missed at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 11-21-2022, 11:48 AM   #445
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I think I like Roundbox less because he's very selective on what he's willing to talk about concerning Manti and in the end all he contributed was making the Juber counter wagon viable. He was for lynching Lewdy, and at first I wanted to softclear him and everyone who voted/pushed for Lewdy since Lewdy was clearly one of the three eligible Night Kills---surely no wolf would push for one of those three, right? Not given the rules

BUT OOPS EVERY SINGLE LEWDY VOTE BACKED OFF HOW CONVENIENT

I think I am more ok with Bugkid right now based purely on tone, but would like to see more

I think I am a little bummed Charu didn't really pop off, but get he's still in rest mode. I won't say never a wolf (Turbo 4 has scarred me for life) but I think he's still in the town pile for sure

Feel better about freezin for the Juber vote

Old 11-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #446
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Will continue to sit on Manti vote.
Adding Roundbox to people I would Lynch
Kind of still ok lynching Wayward but honestly depending on how he responds today I might move him to null.

There wasn't enough fighting/drama for me to think Juber has a significant chance of being a wolf, but I expect more output from them before I'm not ok with killing them off

If Raeko keeps the same pace as d0 I'll probably move her to the "ok to lynch" pile, to

Old 11-21-2022, 11:53 AM   #447
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

This game is hard because I have many more thoughts, but due to mechanics I don't want to say too much. Remind me in post game to go over them I guess

Old 11-21-2022, 01:10 PM   #448
bugkid666
FFR Player

i like mml a lot at the moment. his posts are *chef's kiss*. i'm expecting a response from roundbox. i will say, when i've played with him he has generally only answered questions when specifically prompted so maybe this will give him the push to do so?

i wasn't convinced manti was scum yesterday at all, but his posts today are weird. i had also entirely missed that he voted jub and then switched to ffa (i originally thought he went straight from mml to ffa) so that is extremely wee woo wee woo sus to me

my votes leaning towards manti and oddly enough raeko, because her logic as to why she voted ffa and not jub felt out of character for her. hope she talks more today.

i like freezin as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 11-21-2022, 01:47 PM   #449
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
I dove into this in an unpublished post in a not cool way, but I still want to address this

Manti, you know your reason for voting me was that I was pushing the No Lynch too hard, right? But when you explain how I was pushing the no Lynch too hard your reason ends up being "well he was for it but isn't anymore. He 180'd on it. Wolf"

So in your world, if I liked the idea and stuck with it I'm a wolf, but if I liked the idea and then through conversation admitted it had drawbacks I'm still a wolf?

You can not explain your way out of this contradiction. You have given two different, opposing reasons for the vote that in the end you abandoned for really shady reasons.

That's a lot of focus on Juber for being indifferent
I don't like responding to important posts like this on mobile but here we go

My reason for voting you wasn't because you were pushing the No Lynch too hard. This is semantical maybe but Bugkid was the one who said you were pushing it too hard in post 270. I expect you to go back and confirm this.

I voted you because your stance flip was quick and in response to light pressure as I've said before. On D1, active wolves want to interact with the thread and get in good standing with it but don't want to draw too much attention. When I read your No lynch posts, they bothered me because they struck very close to this. You interacted with the idea of a No Lynch and kept it in conversation for quite a while and then backed off with the exact reasons it is a bad idea when Roudbox and mellon came out against it and bugkid also decided it was a bad idea. If you had reasons for liking it then I expected you to at least defend the option a little bit before switching off of it. I probably still wouldn't have liked your stance but at least you would have had a base you were working off of.

If you're mad about the first sentence of 267 (the post where I vote you but mess up my tag). That wasn't directed at you but just general frustration. No Lynch is a bad option unless it mechanically buys us another day or gets us more information and several people were flirting with the idea at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #450
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

@MML can you explain what you mean by freezin swinging of of FFA and onto Juber?

Freezin never had a vote on FFA so I don't know where you're getting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:12 PM   #451
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

MML, as much as I think your town still, I'm not sure I understand the slightly aggressive response considering you were no where near insta.

I suspect Manti, but goodness, feels like your taking a major offense to his reasoning, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #452
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
That’s all you want to do? That’s not very [twgv]charu[\twgv] of you.
As for this. Sorry, your actions just stuck out more to me as I was here last night, tired, heh.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #453
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Freezin sounds good based on where and when they posted. Not enough to say town yet though.

Bug feels fine too, been liking their thoughts all game thus far.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 11-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #454
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
My reason for voting you wasn't because you were pushing the No Lynch too hard.
Annnnnnnnnd que the line

Quote:

[twgv]MML[/twg] for now while I get my kiddos to bed for pushing for No lynching which is a bad idea.
So yeah no, you did do that. It's right there. And then you go back on it later which.....you're using the fact you went back on it as reason on why I'm wrong on you going back on it, it seems judging from this:

QUOTE=DarkManticoreX2;4783285]
I voted you because your stance flip was quick and in response to light pressure as I've said before. On D1, active wolves want to interact with the thread and get in good standing with it but don't want to draw too much attention. When I read your No lynch posts, they bothered me because they struck very close to this. You interacted with the idea of a No Lynch and kept it in conversation for quite a while and then backed off with the exact reasons it is a bad idea when Roudbox and mellon came out against it and bugkid also decided it was a bad idea. If you had reasons for liking it then I expected you to at least defend the option a little bit before switching off of it. I probably still wouldn't have liked your stance but at least you would have had a base you were working off of.[/quote]

Also to note in the above is you denied I defended it after people spoke against it. This is not true as I was defended it against Bugkid about when you made the initial vote. I'm very sure the catalyst for your Post#267 was me defending it! To say I wasn't is clearly incorrect and easily proved so.

QUOTE=DarkManticoreX2;4783285]
If you're mad about the first sentence of 267 (the post where I vote you but mess up my tag). That wasn't directed at you but just general frustration. No Lynch is a bad option unless it mechanically buys us another day or gets us more information and several people were flirting with the idea at the time.[/quote]
This is simply backpedaling. I already quoted this post where you state plainly what the vote was for

Old 11-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #455
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Broken tags broken tags would edit it if I could.

Points stand

Quote:
@MML can you explain what you mean by freezin swinging of of FFA and onto Juber?

Freezin never had a vote on FFA so I don't know where you're getting this.
I mean swing the wagon over to Jubar, but it is worded as if Freezin had his vote on FFA. That one is on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
MML, as much as I think your town still, I'm not sure I understand the slightly aggressive response considering you were no where near insta.

I suspect Manti, but goodness, feels like your taking a major offense to his reasoning, lol
I find his reasoning is offensive actually, but you always call me too aggressive no matter how much I reel myself back so unless you want to take this somewhere game related, let's save this for post game.

I am more interested in what -you- suspect him, if you are denying or downplaying my case on him. You're being really reactive this game and while that is fine, this is one issue I would like to hear full thoughts on. If you think I'll falling in the tunnel again, bounce some ideas off me instead.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #456
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Feels like you want to argue semantics and continue on your D1 Tunnel. You're not solving at this point you're just reinforcing your own thoughts with interpretations that fit your theory. You literally scoped off the entire second part of this thought and outright ignored it.

Quote:
My reason for voting you wasn't because you were pushing the No Lynch too hard. This is semantical maybe but Bugkid was the one who said you were pushing it too hard in post 270. I expect you to go back and confirm this.
I never said you were pushing hard for it. Emphasis on HARD. I said you were pushing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 11-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #457
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

You said it went a rant and a vote and it was your only point for the vote until you saw you had no support and you got called out

You're defense is that you didn't actually type the word "hard"? Get outta here with that nonsense

Old 11-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #458
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

That might work in old school twg or whatever but the town you where so quick to criticize don't roll that way.

You made a vote.
You gave a reason
You contradicted that reason
You left that case to intentionally cause chaos at EOD
You are attempting to re contextual your post
You are trying to hide behind semantics

You are caught.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:51 PM   #459
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That might work in old school twg or whatever but the town you where so quick to criticize don't roll that way.

You made a vote.
You gave a reason
You contradicted that reason
You left that case to intentionally cause chaos at EOD
You are attempting to re contextual your post
You are trying to hide behind semantics

You are caught.
I made a vote
I gave a reason
I expanded on that reason
I left that case because there was no wagon developing there and no useful information to be gathered
I am explaining that post in case people don't understand where I was coming from.

Your entire argument is based on an angleshoot because you didn't like that I voted you, put my kids to bed and then gave reasoning for it. There are no contradictions in the posts, you're just doubling down on terrible reasoning and then getting angry that I'm providing reasoning that conflicts with your headspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 11-21-2022, 04:00 PM   #460
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

The contradictions are literally right there, plain as day lmao

No matter how you may say they aren't, they are literally just right there for all the game to see

Closed Thread