Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Spider-Man 2

Well, I guess I'll start at the beginning. I recently saw Shrek 2 in the theatre. It sucked. That doesn't matter, though. Before the steaming pile called a film there was a trailer for Spider-Man 2. It looked so good, I nearly cried. So, I guess my point is: how do you guys feel about Spider-Man 2? Like it? Hate it? Hate Spider-man period and want to punch me in the face? Well, post about it.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #2
chaosjr17
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chaosjr17 Send a message via Yahoo to chaosjr17

I think it has potential, i liked the first movie, i dunno, anything with doc oc in it should be good
chaosjr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:28 PM   #3
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I think rather than giving Doc Oc his own movie, they should've gotten the sinister six or whatever it is (it's a bunch of Spidey's villains teamed up). That would make a sweet movie.

Also, I think they're going to end it with Harry becoming Green Goblin. That means that Spider-Man 3(assuming there'll be one) probably won't have Venom in it as I'd previously hoped.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
xMrHx
FFR Player

Alright Afrobrean, I'm going to try and let you in on what's to come. But the original question, I absolutely loved the first movie, and the seconds just looks to be amazing. I'm a fairly big Marvel comics fan in general, and here are my thoughts on what the 3rd has in store. If they follow the plot like the comics, it will appear as though Harry will be the 2nd green goblin in the 3rd movie and that's what it would be about, so no Venom.

But hold is just one minute. There is a trend that is going along with every Spider-man movie. Before the release of each one, they put out a DVD that compiles all the episodes of the Spider-man cartoon that feature the villian in the movie and sell it, to promote the movie and to make some money. For example, a DVD was released with the Green Goblin episodes of the Spider-man cartoon right before the first movie, because Green Goblin was the main villian. The same thing is going to happen with this movie, as a DVD with the episodes from the cartoon with Doc Oc is coming out. Now my brother is even more of a Marvel comic fan than myself, and he told me last night that there is going to be a symbiote DVD coming out right before it also. I guess they have it listed somewhere of it coming out in the future. That leads me to believe they will break the trend of following the comics and go with what we want, which is the symbiote series with Venom and possibly Carnage.

PS. I'll try and get the link that says that the venom dvd is coming out in the future from my brother.
xMrHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:18 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

mmmmmmmm, spiderman. good movie. spiderman 2 looks really good. my only beef with the movies is that they follow a different spiderman series than the one that i'm used to. the TV show that was on Fox is the one i'm used to, but the movies follow some weird one. the dad shoulda been the hob goblin, and the kid is green goblin. and he's supposed to make his webbing from chemicals that he buys with the money he makes at his newspaper job. well, thats the way it was in the TV show. oh well

oh, and if Venom and/or Carnage are in #3...*drool*

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Sorry. Post is below.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #7
HansSky
FFR Player

I'm going to try and see that on opening day. It looks really good...but I didn't care much for the hob goblin/green goblin plot line. I'm more interested in the symbiote story, and considering Venom was his arch enemy...they sort of have to make that movie. And the whole MJ dying and clone thing was interesting too...I just hope that when they finish with goblin series, they'll continue with more movies.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

i like how instead of making his own web canasters that he naturally has web powers, i think they incorporated something a lot more realistic (in a non realistic sense) if that makes sense. but i hope they go for atleast 3 - 4 movies which they should considering they'd all make tons of money spider man kicks ass, did anyone see that movie sea biscuit with that same actor? hah red pollard..
Old 06-16-2004, 08:36 PM   #9
HansSky
FFR Player

Seabiscuit was another great movie, but he's always going to be Peter Parker from now on...which, for me, kind of kills any other roles he wants to take on.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #10
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Spider Man 2 is going be just as great and maybe even greater than Spider Man. It will kick ass.

I would personally like to see some Spider Man Vs Carnage (my favorite villain), but it would probably make for a lame movie.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 PM   #11
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky
Seabiscuit was another great movie, but he's always going to be Peter Parker from now on...which, for me, kind of kills any other roles he wants to take on.
Now, every movie he is in (ex. Seabiscut and Cider House Rules), I always tell my mom "oh, this is that prequel to Spider-Man". She then tells me to shut up. Then I slap her.

God, everything I am saying tonight is turning out really...horrible.

Spiderman-2? MORE LIKE SPIDERMAN GLUE!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elmers.jpg (24.2 KB, 136 views)
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:26 PM   #12
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Find your happy place...
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:18 PM   #13
xMrHx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
mmmmmmmm, spiderman. good movie. spiderman 2 looks really good. my only beef with the movies is that they follow a different spiderman series than the one that i'm used to. the TV show that was on Fox is the one i'm used to, but the movies follow some weird one. the dad shoulda been the hob goblin, and the kid is green goblin. and he's supposed to make his webbing from chemicals that he buys with the money he makes at his newspaper job. well, thats the way it was in the TV show. oh well

oh, and if Venom and/or Carnage are in #3...*drool*
First off, the father was never Hobgoblin. Norman Osborn was always the green goblin, and was killed, just like in comics and in the cartoon, by spider-man, and his son, Harry Osborn becomes the green goblin. So far, the movie is following the comic and cartoon (except for the web deal, you are right about that). The Hobgoblin and Green Goblin aren't related, except that the Hobgoblin stole the technology from the Green Goblin (I think that's correct, but I'm not positive).
xMrHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:33 AM   #14
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

There are 5 more movies that Tobey Maguire's contract says he has to make about Spiderman. If a movie doesn involve Venom or Carnage....I think Im going to cry. Anyway I would love to see Spiderman team up with Daredevil (The Movie sucked) to go after Kingpin, but thats asking too much
Old 06-17-2004, 04:40 AM   #15
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

CARNAGE OMFG!

holy shit, dude! i would piss myself if they made a movie with carnage in it. god that guy owned! the psycho of psychos, and metaphoric abilities, and that laugh! omfg. carnage... teh ownage... sheesh.

carnage owns spiderman AND venom. venom's a little bitch, and spiderman doesnt have shit on carnage.

the ONLY THING i hate about the spiderman movies... is that they're gonna have tobey mcguire... dude's acting skills arent really... well, they are. but... that's how he really is. he sounds so boring everytime he talks. blah.

CARNAGE SHOULD KILL HIM!

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
NeoDarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #16
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I think Tobey's got the role covered pretty well. He seems very mellow when there's nothing going on, but when something happens he's like different or something. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. The funny thing is my mom argued that Tobey didn't have it physique-wise because she was used to the big buff spidey from the cartoon in the 60s. Actually I think Tobey is perfect to play spider-man; he's kinda short and he doesn't look buff or whatever unless he's going shirtless (or in the tight spider-man costume)
Old 06-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #17
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Peter Parker is supposed to be a scrawny nerd guy. spiders arent big and muscular looking, but they are strong. Spiderman doesnt look all beefy, but he can lift a small car. so yeah, Tobey fits the part just fine.

and to whoever combatted me, idunno, it's been a while since i saw the show. i was really into it, and i coulda sworn the hob goblin and the green goblin were related somehow...

and yeah, they should do the Marvel thing and have guest superheros. Daredevil, no, but somebody else cool, yeah. idunno, they can do better than have Spidey and Daredevil...

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #18
HansSky
FFR Player

There were like ten different Hob Goblins and Green Goblins. Hob Goblin came first..played by some guy. I think Norman Osborn was the second...but they are connected...and I think it's through the Osborns.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #19
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

No, Hobgoblin just stole the technology that the green goblin used. There's only been one hobgoblin but I'm pretty sure there's been as many as 3 green goblins. There's Norman and Harry Osbourne of course, but I can't think of the other one.

And, about the Marvel guest superheros movie idea, they could go through the story arc where Peter becomes Man-Spider and he gets help from Prof. Xavier (and of course involves the X-Men in some way).