Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default just PIU in general

well, yesterday i went to ocean city in new jersy and MAN do they have good arcades there. they got time crisis 3, DDR Extreme, and the first pump it up machine ive ever seen. pump it up is CRAZY! ddr is so simple, and then u start playing pump and its like 5x harder. i think it was a pump 3 machine. they have some GREAT songs on there, like beethovens virus, extravaganza (did i spell that right?) and all those other banya songs. banya should make ddr songs with naoki, that would be SWEET. as u can imagine, i sucked. there were all these ppl there that could do, like, everything backwards, and the worst part is, they were my age. it wouldnt have been so bad if they were obsessed teenagers, but they were seriously WAY too good. evry1 was watching and i looked like an ideot.i could get an a on beethovens virus on hard, but thats about it. and wtf is up with beethoven on crazy? HOW CAN u hit 3 panels at once? im not an octopus!! stupid octopus people. anyway, im on the local hotel comp cuz im on vacation, and visiting all my old friends, so i gotta go. c ya in a while peeeepolzzz
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
hund
FFR Player

never tried beethovan on crazy...guess i got to be crazy to try it
Think about it, your playin chess with an old man in the park, he messes up and you use your pawn to kill his knight or something, then you can get up and shout \"Pawned your arse old man!\" and run away!
hund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
bubblexb
FFR Player

lol.. i always wanted to go to ocean city but i have no time xP i love playing beethoven virus (but not on crazy) its way too crazy for me.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #4
asquaredproductions
FFR Player

Yo i live in OC! did you go to the arcade "playdium" or "the Zoo" ? i am always at the playdium. i was up at PIU every day. i have been an addic for 2 years. i love doubles. that is the funnest thing. crazy is awesome.
asquaredproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
chriscage2818
FFR Player

I usually play at Jilly's Arcade, 12th and Boardwalk.

Did they get EX yet or do they still have MAX2?
chriscage2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2003, 07:28 PM   #6
asquaredproductions
FFR Player

Dude jillies was DDR. i dont play ddr
asquaredproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Pumper91
FFR Player

dude u can hit 3 panels at once on the machine u just gotta figure it out danceguy117. and guys.. u know that the korean version of pump is beter than the "prex" or american versions? trust me play the korean ones and ull love them more than the american ones. i bet i can beat all of u in pump. and... piu was korean KP
Pumper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:14 PM   #8
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

HOLY CRAP THIS THREAD IS OLD AND IT'S STILL ON THE FIRST PAGE.

Anyway, last Monday Ben (babybenji2004) and a couple of my other friends went to Craig's Criusers. They have a PREX3 there, part of the reason why we went. Fricking sweet.

This game seriously kicks the living bejeezus out of DDR. If the Korean versions are better, that's really saying something.

I started playing where I left off, like Beethoven Virus and stuff. I played a couple of games of three songs, when our pizza was ready. My friend Stephen still had a game going when he left to go eat the pizza, so Andrew picked it up. He came back, I asked him how he did, and he said he got like a C on a 4 or something. I asked him if that was the only song he played, and he said yeah, so I rushed back to get the last song on it before someone else took it.

I got there in time, and I decided that since I didn't pay for it, I would try something hard. I remembered something about a song called Extravaganza and tried it on crazy "why the hell is that a 5?". Somehow I comboed most of the beginning and began to lose stamina. I still did pretty good throughout and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a big 'A' on the screen.

So now I'm pretty confident. After eating some pizza, I go back. I decide I want to play Csikos Post on crazy, and somehow I pass it. I really didn't do very good, the health system on PIU is awfully friendly.

Enough of this exact crap, I'm just going to list some scores.

Csikos Post crazy - B
Vook crazy - B
Winter crazy - B or C, can't remember
Extravaganza crazy - A
Dr. M crazy - B
Slam crazy - almost passed

So yeah, as you can see I got a lot better since the last time. This thread is so old, it cracks me up. I didn't know how to type a a year ago. And to chriscage, yeah, Jillies had EX a year and a half ago. XD

Ben needs to come in here and post something.

EDIT: looked at my old post and realized I forgot a score.

Beethoven Virus crazy - B
Old 12-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #9
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto

Yeah, you REALLY didn't know how to type. And this board is like... rarely posted with something new I guess. That's why. And people would update this despite it being three months old.

Meh, before I moved to Utah, I was visiting one time. Was playing with this one guy on some level (It had cactuses in it, so it MIGHT'VE been Csikos Post... doubtful though). Difficulty was hard. It was on an extra stage to. By the end, I had scored an S with one great. Rest perfects. PIU's timing bracket is SO much more lenient than DDR's. And PIU is easier in a way do to the main fact that in a way it's more fluential. I need to get a digital camera so you can see some of my scores. Oh, and play full doubles mode. A lot more funner. Half doubles is kinda just... blah.
Tsuteto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #10
SasukiBlair
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SasukiBlair Send a message via MSN to SasukiBlair Send a message via Yahoo to SasukiBlair

O_O

finally... someone who KNOWS that PIU is much harder than DDR... all of my DDR friends think that PIU is so stupid and dont wanna try it cause they think it'll be so simple......
but i did finally get two of them to try it... and they were one the most basic of songs (and mind you that they brag about being on maniac mode in DDR) and they were like 'OHMIGARD that was hard'
and i go 'see... it's alot harder...'
but stil... it was kinda their first time, so i'll give them the fact that the keys are different...
but... i know if i played DDR... it'd be easy to adjust to the keys within one song....
but yeah... blah blah blah

PIU rocks your panties off... ^^
SasukiBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #11
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

"Csikos Post crazy - B
Vook crazy - B
Winter crazy - B or C, can't remember
Extravaganza crazy - A
Dr. M crazy - B
Slam crazy - almost passed"

K those scores are insane. I can barely beat extravagnza on Crazy. I don't know how you got so good, but good job. I need to start going to the mall more often.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
seethataroundit
FFR Player

YEA AND HAVE YOU HEARD, PUMP IT UP IS BEING RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA!!!!! But I believe they will have different song list however.
seethataroundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2005, 03:50 PM   #13
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

PIU is a lot harder than DDR and the songs are WAY better......
In my opinion.
I can do maybe half the songs on crazy, but I just play on and off.
My friends all suck at it, so it makes me look good.
I really cannot FC any songs because the PIU machine has really bad pads.
People actually take it literally when it says STOMP on the buttons............
It really annoys me because it makes me have to stomp really hard, and i cannot move fast enough.........
so.....
i end up getting B's and C's.....
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #14
insomniakxz
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to insomniakxz Send a message via MSN to insomniakxz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethataroundit
YEA AND HAVE YOU HEARD, PUMP IT UP IS BEING RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA!!!!! But I believe they will have different song list however.
What the hell. It's been out for a long time. I think you meant to say that the ps2 version is going to be released soon.
insomniakxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #15
seethataroundit
FFR Player

THATS WHAT I MEANT. Also it's going to be released for the Xbox.
seethataroundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 07:49 PM   #16
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Let's see how long I can keep this on the first page, haha.

I went awhile ago to a closer arcade. It's fairly large. It happens to be in the downstairs section of a movie rentals place on a college campus. I don't really remember when it was, Ben came too.. I passed most of the stuff I did before, but it was all much harder because it was a PREX2 machine. It basically used the DDR heath bar and "you fail when your health goes kaput" system. In short, although my scores for the most part worse, I'm pretty sure I was playing quite a bit better.

I want to go to Kraig's again. Frown. Maybe on a long weekend or something..
Old 07-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #17
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Default Re: just PIU in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117
heath bar
delicious

The first post of this thread is becoming more and more unreadable to me as time goes on. During a return visit to Pennsylvania, I stumbled across a PIU ZERO machine. The health system was faggy again, but it had some awesome songs. X Treme crazy probably has the most fun pad chart I've ever played. I don't remember if I heard the whole thing, depending on if I played it on crazy or not, but Beat of the War 2 is an amazing song.

What's funny is that I still have yet to play on an Exceed or Exceed 2 machine.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #18
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

PIU Exceed for PS2 has horrible syncing issues.

But it's very good nevertheless.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #19
Desert_Eagle
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Desert_Eagle Send a message via Yahoo to Desert_Eagle

I dunno about the syncing, but I didn't mind it. I played a PIU Exceed & a PIU 4 (I think) both once, but it sucked, but I sucked then. I just get the PS2 version, and I only get to as hard as 12 or 13. I only know a few machines that play PIU in Houston, TX, so I don't get the chance to work my skills on a metal pad at all. There was supposed to be a ZERO machine in a place called Planet Zero Anime Center, but it had not come yet. Hope to play the newer version of CANON-D there. I forget the difference in the Exceed console versions between the PS2 & Xbox, though.

---Desert_Eagle

-------
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=36515
-MOST AWESOME SITE EVAR-
-video game and anime soundtracks-
*********help me by going here!*********
Desert_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2006, 06:40 PM   #20
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

I played PIU once. I had a hard time controlling the song selection. I couldn't find any of the cool songs by Banya, although I accidentally got myself into playing Turkey March crazy (I died during the song.) Normal was too easy.