Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-9-2007, 08:09 PM   #14681
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846
Default Re: MapleStory

Nexon cracks down on nx selling/buying now and you can even get banned for it.

On a side topic, how much are 15 dex sauna's worth? I just need a ball park estimate because I'm thinking of scrolling a bunch (1 10% or 30% and then 9 100%).

On average it should cost about 7 mil to make one and if the price to sell is above that, it's profit. I'm going to try to play the market but I don't want to fall on my face -_-

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 10-9-2007, 09:46 PM   #14682
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Basically, scrolling stuff yourself results in a loss of money more often than a gain in money. Also, 30s only give 4 dex i believe. I dont really know prices in Scania, so i cant help you there.

Btw Jason, is there any way you could send me the ~50 minute song you used in your Bera Zakum Speed Run Video?

Last edited by Fimbulvetr; 10-9-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Old 10-9-2007, 09:48 PM   #14683
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
Basically, scrolling stuff yourself results in a loss of money more often than a gain in money. Also, 30s only give 4 dex i believe.
Typo in the item's description. It says it adds 4, but it really adds 5.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #14684
Ravia
Ahh the fond memories
FFR Veteran

I loved going through Maple Island with my warrior-to-be.

Someone accused me of hacking because I did like 45 damage to an Orange Mushroom with a single hit. XD

Though the magician is tempting to raise STR just to level better. I've learned how to use terrain traps, and some of the newbies on the island think I'm impressive for knowing it. XD

Although it sucks only doing like 2 damage per hit.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #14685
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Fight nothing but green snails. You will get through Maple Island a LOT faster with magicians/thieves that way.

Also, follow the guides somewhat so you don't get dozens of people going "OMG RESTART WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT MANY POINTS IN _______!?!?!?"

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 10-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #14686
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Since the people over at Nexon are being queermos and not hosting most of the stuff they usually do, all I have to show is this (that I got from MapleTip because SW.net is ****ed up and the person trying to fix it won't just bite the bullet and roll back):

http://msfile.nexon.net/Uploaded/Img...een/loader.swf

Notice: it requires cash items just to ****ing enter this ****.

And it mentions nothing else, except a Masterian outskirts area (which is obviously just stupid ass 2nd job level monsters). No world tour, no UI upgrade, no Leafre, no nothing. We get a ****ty Halloween event quest and an event town that will be costing real money just to enter. I never really liked other people saying that with 2x exp cards and charms and everything that the game is totally not free, but when they release patches WHERE ALL OF THE NEW CONTENT REQUIRES CASH SHOP TO USE IT, I'm actually starting to see where they're coming from. And honestly, I drop so much money on selective content, I hate this "if you want to go to this area, you need to use cash shop stuff." I mean... what they could do is have the area open to everyone, but then have a single quest related to using a cash item or something to give people the choice of whether or not to buy. This is ****ing bull****. And you know, they're just being ****bags because they can; they already bring in WAY more than enough money.

Oh and something else: this may well mean that the area will be only available during Halloween-time too, since they could just take the items out of the cash shop and no one would be able to buy them anymore.

EDIT: oh yeah I forgot:

We're finally getting our create-a-weapon contest winner. But the one who made the monster that won the contest stole the image from another artist, so they're just throwing it out the window and calling it a day. I guess they failed to notice that the weapon they picked was ripped off from guildwars. ****ing idiots.

Last edited by Afrobean; 10-11-2007 at 05:02 AM..
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #14687
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

::sigh...specific NX costumes just to enter an area?::
Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 AM   #14688
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Something else I missed:

Good news: it blocks previously banned players from using it.

Bad news: there is no mention of an official list of player's previous names, so the community is going to have to take on the effort of maintaining said list. In addition, zakum helm selling is probably going to be pretty much finished now. If they take a random newb into the Altar, they could just loot everything (possibly with hacks), then log off. Naturally, they would have already gone through the name change process, and once the next server check happens, the next time they log on, they'd be untraceable (and even moreso if the person has 0 buddies and leaves their guild before the name change takes effect).

EDIT: forgot to mention that the reason why the community would do it, would be not just to keep everyone identified, but also to keep the handful of exhackers who are still on the rankings from being able to come off as being someone else.

EDITagain: One more thing:

eMS is getting the Halloween mansion too, and possibly NLC as well. AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited by Afrobean; 10-11-2007 at 06:53 AM..
Old 10-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #14689
Ravia
Ahh the fond memories
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
Fight nothing but green snails. You will get through Maple Island a LOT faster with magicians/thieves that way.

Also, follow the guides somewhat so you don't get dozens of people going "OMG RESTART WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT MANY POINTS IN _______!?!?!?"
Oh, I at least follow it enough to not look like a retard.

I don't have like 30 STR on my magician. It's been really hard, though; I have this thing about Maple Island's quests and having to finish them ALL.

Though I abstain from the shell toss move. It's too easy a way out.

By level 8, my mage-to-be had:

5 STR
5 DEX
40 INT
10 LUK

My starting stats were 5-5-10-5.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #14690
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravia View Post
Oh, I at least follow it enough to not look like a retard.

I don't have like 30 STR on my magician. It's been really hard, though; I have this thing about Maple Island's quests and having to finish them ALL.

Though I abstain from the shell toss move. It's too easy a way out.

By level 8, my mage-to-be had:

5 STR
5 DEX
40 INT
10 LUK

My starting stats were 5-5-10-5.
I'm not even going to touch this one.

ps patch notes are up: ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/pa...tice/00044.txt
Quote:
Greetings, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.44 is now live!

The continent of Masteria looms with mystery...what secrets does it hold? What new dangers await? In the first
expansion to New Leaf City, the eerie Phantom Forest emerges from the fog...and inside, The Prendergast Mansion!

This once majestic mansion has been twisted into a maze-like structure with enemies not yet seen in the Maple World!
What happened to mansion and its inhabitants? Find out in an all-new quest series! Head to New Leaf City via the Kerning City
subway and look for the NLC Taxi at the far end of Bigger Ben to start the adventure!

Rumors abound of a mysterious new foe roaming the Phantom Forest, striking down all in his path! Are there warriors
brave enough to stand up to this powerful new boss? Advanced maplers are welcome to test their luck...against the
Headless Horseman!

An all new pet also makes its debut in MapleStory--rock out with the never-before-seen Jr. Reaper!

The Chronicles of Masteria have just begun...

Below is a brief overview of what’s in store:

< New Quests >

- A Word to the Wise
- The Past in the Present
- A Cold Hearth
- Eat This!
- Special Delivery
- Family Jewels
- A Lost Girl
- A Father’s Love
- The M-Files

...and much more!

< Monsters >

- Glutton Ghoul
- Psycho Jack
- Sophilia Doll
- Voodoo
- Hoodoo
- Nightmare
- Headless Horseman

...and much more!

< Maps >

- Phantom Forest -
Haunted House
Hollowed Ground

- Haunted House -
Foyer
Ghost Chimney
Study
Piano Room
Library
Toy Workshop
Pumpkin Vault

...and much more!

< Item >

- Edmund's Special Brew
- Toymaker Cap
- Toymaker Cape
- Toymaker Hammer (Weapon)
- Edmund's Special Brew
- Sophilia's Necklace
- Smore
- Omni Key
- Toy Workshop Key
- Heartstopper
- Pumpkin Taffy
- Red Gummy Slime
- Green Gummy Slime
- Purple Gummy Slime
- Orange Gummy Slime

...and much more!

< Cash Item >

- Jr. Reaper (Pet)
- Bionic Claw
- Old Hockey Mask
- Skull Axe
- Pop-Eye
- Skull Staff
- Count Dracula Cape
- Guitar (Pet Equip)
...and much more!

check out the Cash Shop!

< Other >

- Curse Filter Adjusted

Enjoy the new content for MapleStory! Happy Mapling!

- The MapleStory Staff -
****ton of bull**** ahoy!

edit: btw patch is delayed to finish at 1:30PM est... so nearly 10 hours and all they're giving us is a bull**** "town" that requires cash item to enter (including a boss that is supposedly for high levels, but is only level 100), a set of outskirts maps with monsters for 2nd jobbers, and a swear filter fix that should have come years ago.

EDIT: again... new data: http://pcg2.tvg.co.il/koolk/44/patch.html

Look at those monster's stats...

I was really dissatisfied with the pink horse:

So I did this:

Looks a lot less stupid to me, even though I didn't even bother making the correct things brown and just lazy'd out and did the whole thing except the ironic head.

EDIT: was bored so I swapped out my edited horseman for a more complete one.

Last edited by Afrobean; 10-11-2007 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #14691
Necamus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravia View Post
5 STR
5 DEX
40 INT
10 LUK
Ewww, 5/5?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #14692
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

just checked out the new area, havent been inside the mansion yet because I keep getting an error when I try to puschase nx, but the boss and the area itself is incredibly dumb, took forever to kill, people said they didnt get alot of exp and drops werent impressive at all. Ill be suprised if the hype of this bs lasts more then a week.
219 tier points
IndexRulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
bifflez yo<3
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #14693
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Good news: it blocks previously banned players from using it.

Bad news: there is no mention of an official list of player's previous names, so the community is going to have to take on the effort of maintaining said list. In addition, zakum helm selling is probably going to be pretty much finished now. If they take a random newb into the Altar, they could just loot everything (possibly with hacks), then log off. Naturally, they would have already gone through the name change process, and once the next server check happens, the next time they log on, they'd be untraceable (and even moreso if the person has 0 buddies and leaves their guild before the name change takes effect).
Personally, I believe it should be mandatory that a runner should just play the buyer then (This would lessen the amount of buyers naturally), so that the Zhelm sellers don't get scammed.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #14694
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I imagine those pumpkin heads are strong/immune to fire. And I bet they, being the only >100 monster, are in the Cash-only area.

Please tell me I'm wrong about both those things. =(

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #14695
ckj846
FFR Player

At least it clears out other areas for a while. (Himes? Gobies? Yay!) That's all you can really ask for =]

Oh and this worries me about the zhelm thing because now I don't know if I'm willing to give out my information... My sister has connections with a zakuming guild so it might be alright but still... -_-

O_o
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #14696
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
I imagine those pumpkin heads are strong/immune to fire. And I bet they, being the only >100 monster, are in the Cash-only area.

Please tell me I'm wrong about both those things. =(
Actually, Noah, that's the boss of the zone. Damage similar to crog, but 3.5m HP.

And I do believe that it's summoned as well. It is definitely on the ONE non-NX required map.

And actually, it seems to not have anything to do with anything and they decided that they needed to give something that is not NX requirement and would appear that they're giving something for higher levels. In reality, it's weak, has crappy drops (read: possibly none, aside from pots), and requires a **** ton of quests completed to summon.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #14697
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I see. Well at least they didn't completely kill Erkel, they just put him in a coma. Wake up, Steve, for the love of God, wake up!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #14698
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
At least it clears out other areas for a while. (Himes? Gobies? Yay!) That's all you can really ask for =]

Oh and this worries me about the zhelm thing because now I don't know if I'm willing to give out my information... My sister has connections with a zakuming guild so it might be alright but still... -_-

O_o
I gave out my info to a trusted zakuming guild in windia, and I was fine (As my computer would probably DC me during the run). Also, I don't know if zakum guilds will ask for your information, just that they probably should to avoid getting scammed.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #14699
ckj846
FFR Player

Made 1 mil from picking up items and selling the skins. Not including the scroll and some drops. =]

O_o
Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #14700
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

I basically quit MS, i hate the leveling from 30 - 35, its so boring.
Closed Thread