^

5'8", 105 lbs.

/life of a walking stick
lulz @ your comment not your skinny-ness rofl
Old 03-2-2011, 10:16 AM   #63
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator
Default Re: ITT: I post my weight.

5'10'' and about 160 now. I wish I was taller :<

I want to gain weight, too. Mainly muscle though. Probably won't happen until summer, though (seeing as I'm far too busy to hit the gym as much as I want to this semester).

We'll see.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 10:24 AM   #64
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

6'4"
20.1 BMI. Just above the borderline of healthy weight for my height.

Hi kjw; man isn't the life of a stick great?

Good luck with the weight loss, Rubin.

Last edited by T-Force; 03-2-2011 at 10:31 AM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 10:47 AM   #65
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Actually, it's very true; it's medically established that gaining weight during pregnancy is natural and healthy.

That doesn't mean you should eat junk, because gaining too much weight during pregnancy can cause problems too.

But you're supposed to gain weight. It's very unhealthy not to. It can cause delivery of a pre-term infant, low birthweight baby or other fatal problems.

I have no idea how you managed to lose weight. A natural, healthy mother at the time of birth should be at least 20 pounds heavier than starting weight, unless she was obese to begin with.

With that said, I'm guessing your baby is perfectly fine, but that doesn't make you the norm. It makes you rather unusual, no offense intended.
I know it's normal to gain weight, but it's not a must if it doesn't happy for normal, natural reasons. But yea, it is the way it should be.
A lot of people do stay the same or lose weight. But of course, if it' happening for bad reason it should be seen to.

I think gaining too much is worse as it can cause gestational diabetes and in term can cause a big (premature) baby with diabetes. (and in some cases pre-eclempsia which can = premmie)

I was a little heavier then I should of been at the start, but not by that much, at all. But yes, I did still have a very healthy full term baby with no complications. So none taken. I just gave up junk food and sugar drinks and was very healthy in general for my baby, that's all.

Wait, what? This thread is about weight loss, not babies? Oh.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 12:19 PM   #66
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm trying to lose weight/gain muscle as well. Maybe I'll post a before and after pic. Of course it would be months from now, but whatever.
Old 03-2-2011, 12:31 PM   #67
FN_Boski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think I need to gain weight instead of lose it =P
I am 5 foot 9, 118 pounds... Pretty sure I need to weigh a little more...
Old 03-2-2011, 01:50 PM   #68
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

WTF my BMI is lolololol
BMI: 28.8 oops >.>

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 03:04 PM   #69
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwkjw View Post
^

5'8", 105 lbs.

/life of a walking stick
I want to see what this looks like...(no homo)
Old 03-2-2011, 03:09 PM   #70
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

5'4, 164.4 the last time i weighed myself. Have never been a skinny person. Skinniest i remember is 127 but that was in 8th grade.

Last edited by BethanyBangs; 03-2-2011 at 03:14 PM..
BethanyBangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 03:37 PM   #71
Rubin0
FFR Player

I did okay today...or at least was too busy to indulge. I got a turkey burger for lunch, said no to the fries and got a cup of soup instead.
Old 03-2-2011, 03:44 PM   #72
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Your Body Mass Index

The Height you entered is 5 feet, 6 inches. The Weight you entered is 127 pounds.

Your Calculated BMI is: 20.5
According to this website it is right in the middle of the healthy range.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 05:10 PM   #73
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
i attest to syhtos amazing ass
i WILL NEVER LIVE THIS DOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 09:17 PM   #74
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

if you can't gain weight in the usa then you must have cancer or some shit
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 09:50 PM   #75
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Sell your car, buy a bicycle, use it. Your commute will double as your exercise. No need to go to the gym (although I do hop on the cycling machine and crank the resistance up all the way to make climbs easier and faster,) and the average ex-driver would save over $9,000 a year.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 09:53 PM   #76
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
Very untrue, you don't need to gain weight at all. People think it's a great excuse to stuff themselves with crap which is stupid and makes them pile on the pounds.

By the time I was full term (40 weeks) I weighed less than before I fell with child, because I eat properly for my baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Actually, it's very true; it's medically established that gaining weight during pregnancy is natural and healthy.

That doesn't mean you should eat junk, because gaining too much weight during pregnancy can cause problems too.

But you're supposed to gain weight. It's very unhealthy not to. It can cause delivery of a pre-term infant, low birthweight baby or other fatal problems.
I don't know how you managed to lose weight while carrying a child inside you...unless you mean after you had the baby you weighed less than what you started at. Because if you were less weight with the child inside, that means that your body lost at least 20 pounds and like Reach said, that could have led to so many baby complications.

But I've lost weight since being pregnant and I know why. It's because for a lot of the first trimester I was always nauseated. The thought of food made me sick, although I never threw up. I just couldn't eat. In the matter of 2 months I lost 10 pounds but I'm starting to slowly gain it back. Tomorrow I get weighed again to see what happened in the past month.

But main reason why I came in was to say that I went out today with Frankie and took my dog to the Ma and Pa trail for a good walk since it was so nice outside. I did pretty well for a while but when I had to go uphill I wanted to keel over >.> it was not a good hill. Hard to keep up with a yanking 2 year old puppy too XD but yay exercise.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2011, 10:12 PM   #77
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
i cant be the only one who wants to gain weight O.o. 5'11, 145 lbs. and i look like a twig lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
6 foot, 145 lbs

what a skinny bitch i am
I think I'm the skinny one here:
Height: 6'0" - (1/infinity)"
Weight: 130 lbs
BMI: 17.6

I obviously want to gain some weight, primarily muscle though. Although I heard that in order to gain muscle, you need to gain a little fat first because if you exercise in the absence of fat, then your body is just going to burn the muscle your trying to get. I don't know if that's a myth though. I'm thinking about maybe doing some weight lifting and eating a high-calorie (yet healthy) diet. Any suggestions appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
Hello fellow FFR members. Happy March 1st, 2011. I am taking the initiative today to get back into shape.

Since I have graduated In December I have stopped going to the gym. I have been fairly active since I have adopted a dog and he likes to go running with me, but it has not been nearly as regimented or intense as my workouts before. I have stopped swimming, stopped cycling, and I have stopped weight training.

It is extremely hard for me to get below this particular weight, I literally have to exercise vigorously almost daily. Even then, when I do exercise, I put on muscle weight very quickly and the number on the scale often does not change. I am not doing any gimmick diets, or starving myself. It is merely putting myself on a simple cut calories and stay active plan.

If you wish, you can jump on the bandwagon and join the weight loss effort with me, whether you want to lose 5 pounds. 15 pounds, or 50 pounds. It's completely up to you.

I am holding myself accountable and putting my weight on display as a motivator to lose the extra five to ten pounds that I can do without. Now, it's easy for people to sugar coat their weight by just typing in a number, but I will be posting a picture of my weight now and one week from today regardless if the number stays the same, goes up, or goes down. You can either encourage me, insult me, or completely ignore this thread.

At 136lbs I am at a BMI of 23.3. While at a healthy range, I am somewhat close to borderline overweight. I would much prefer to have a BMI in the 22 range which would put me at a weight of about 128lbs. Keep in mind that I am female.

TLDR: Rubin0 would like to lose weight. Wish me luck.
Good luck. Hopefully we can all achieve our weight goals (whether it's gaining or losing.) By the way, I didn't know you were female until this post. o.O

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2011, 01:01 AM   #78
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

No one should ever go by BMI. Body fat percentage is better.

anywho 151 5'11'' and gaining weight.
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2011, 04:17 AM   #79
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
135 doesnt seem like a bad thing in any respect but w/e

i'm 6'2" ~140
You must be the tiniest framed person O:

6'6" 225lbs puts me @ a bmi of 26.0

Apparantly that is overweight? I'm just gonna go with the muscle weighs more than fat excuse
Old 03-3-2011, 07:56 AM   #80
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
I obviously want to gain some weight, primarily muscle though. Although I heard that in order to gain muscle, you need to gain a little fat first because if you exercise in the absence of fat, then your body is just going to burn the muscle your trying to get. I don't know if that's a myth though. I'm thinking about maybe doing some weight lifting and eating a high-calorie (yet healthy) diet. Any suggestions appreciated.
Well, I used to body build, so I can give some advice here.

It's true that you need to gain weight in order to gain muscle, but not necessarily because your body will 'burn muscle' if you don't. Your body generally doesn't burn muscle for energy; it would only ever do so if you had no carbohydrates left in your body and you were burning fat at an excessive rate (i.e. you were starving to death. Typical in anorexic people).

You need a caloric surplus in your body to repair damage to muscle tissue during a workout, and also to give your body the resources it needs to build additional muscle on top of existing muscle.

The whole goal of lifting weights for muscle is basically to strain your body enough to signal the fact that you need more muscle. All of the actual muscle building occurs between workouts, using the additional calories you need to ingest into your body.

As such, rest often when bulking up. You only need to workout 2-3 times a week, with large rests in between. However, when you workout, you need to push yourself to the breaking point and you need to lift with emphasis on heavy weights, not reps. Somewhere between 10-15 reps is usually optimal, for 3 sets. If you're doing more, you need more weight.

In the meantime, eat more protein, eat more often, eat more fat, drink lots of water and take a multivitamin. If you normally ingest some 1500 calories a day to maintain your body weight you're going to need to go for more like 3000-4500.

Last edited by Reach; 03-3-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote