Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-3-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Yahoo to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Skype™ to Sinister Delight.
Default Tera going F2P in 2 days....

Anyone planning on playing it? I've been playing for about a week now, the gameplay is enjoyable, the community is... Well, it's the internet. Although, I do enjoy the community much more than GW2's simply because when i played GW2, NO ONE talked. Everyone just quested, and did there own thing. No, I didn't get to endgame and i know that's a completely different ballgame, but when i play an mmorpg, leveling is only half the fun for me, I enjoy being social, meeting people, and making new friends to enjoy the game with.\\

Now that my offtopic rant is over, What are your opinions on Tera? The look, the feel, etc.
Sinister Delight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: Tera going F2P in 2 days....

I played the beta. It was interesting, but not sure if I would want to play it full time, because it was kind of wonky.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Delight. View Post
Anyone planning on playing it? I've been playing for about a week now, the gameplay is enjoyable, the community is... Well, it's the internet. Although, I do enjoy the community much more than GW2's simply because when i played GW2, NO ONE talked. Everyone just quested, and did there own thing. No, I didn't get to endgame and i know that's a completely different ballgame, but when i play an mmorpg, leveling is only half the fun for me, I enjoy being social, meeting people, and making new friends to enjoy the game with.\\

Now that my offtopic rant is over, What are your opinions on Tera? The look, the feel, etc.
I haven't played Tera, but I played GW2 quite a bit in the beta/when it was released. It really depends on what server you go on and how lucky you are with meeting people. Back in the day everyone used to talk and it was great, but nowadays it seems like there's hardly anyone that talks to people they don't know. A good thing to do would be to join an active guild and play with people there - it makes things a lot funner when you have a community of people you know that you can play with.

I might try Tera when it goes free though, I've heard the combat system is pretty great.
Old 02-3-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Sweet Angel
\(o.o)/ ~(e.e)~
FFR Veteran

My little sister is playing Tera right now, we were playing Aion once that went F2P but she says Tera is a lot better, story/fighting-wise, the graphics look pretty good too. I might try it out on my laptop.

EDIT: I think games are alright once they first come out free, but after a while they almost ALWAYS end up getting tons of gold bots/botters spamming you. It kind of takes the enthusiasm out of the gaming. I'm really hoping Tera might be a little different but, I could definitely see this happening, the only downfall to games that are f2p...

8th Official - Top 209th Official - Top 16

Last edited by Sweet Angel; 02-3-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Sweet Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I can't be the only person who thought this thread would be about our favourite rage machine.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Yahoo to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Skype™ to Sinister Delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Angel View Post
EDIT: I think games are alright once they first come out free, but after a while they almost ALWAYS end up getting tons of gold bots/botters spamming you. It kind of takes the enthusiasm out of the gaming. I'm really hoping Tera might be a little different but, I could definitely see this happening, the only downfall to games that are f2p...
Very true, but it's kind of the only way for any game to get any commercial fame. No P2P game has been able to compete against WoW really, the community is just too great and loyal, I mean, I used to know people in their late teens who's parents would play WoW with them.
Old 02-3-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I will be giving this a go.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

This looks wonderful.
Old 02-3-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only person who thought this thread would be about our favourite rage machine.
No you're not, and lol rage machine
Old 02-3-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Just posting to point out that the game is about 25gb in size lul.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
xNiX
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to xNiX

Community is lame...game is beautiful. They should work on it more imho.
xNiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2013, 11:17 PM   #12
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

yeah, i'll agree, most of the people on there who talk in globale and sometimes area chat can be utterly ignorant and annoying, but the people you run into are generally cool. (except the evil pvpers ;P)
Old 02-4-2013, 12:19 AM   #13
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

I've been playing Tera since launch. Have 3 maxed characters. When it goes f2p about 4 of my friends are going to join me. Personally I love the game. On a side note, I made a thread when Tera launched last year and everyone bashed it.
Old 02-4-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

started duoing this with a friend 3 days ago (its already f2p limited but will be fully f2p tomorrow). Hit us up (Coolboyrulezz) on the PvE non-roleplay server. [Tempest Reach]

Castanic Berserker (me) and Baraka Sorcerer (my friend)

ps: yes the entire game is 25gb but it uses cloud technology so you only need to download 2.4gb to play the entire game while the rest downloads in the background

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 02-4-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
)Hit us up (Coolboyrulezz) on the PvE non-roleplay server. [Tempest Reach]
Booooooooooo PvE booooooooooo

:P
Old 02-4-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Yeahhh, I play on the PvP server ;P. Currently leveling a Priest and an Archer. Imo, Priest dungeoning seems to be harder on me than it was when i tried it with a mystic, i have no idea why O_O. I also seemed to be getting aggro'd way more, but that might have not been -completely- my fault lol.
Old 02-4-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Don't know, just never been one for PvP I guess. I rather enjoy the ascend to 60 with a friend and then running dungeons with a bunch of folks than participating in PvP :P
To each their own haha
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Delight. View Post
also seemed to be getting aggro'd way more, but that might have not been -completely- my fault lol.
Priests get natural aggro, even if you are just standing around doing nothing, you gain aggro. Smart AI just goes for the healer i suppose.

I'm leveling up a priest atm as well. Already have a maxed lancer, warrior and mystic.
Old 02-4-2013, 06:36 PM   #19
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Rolled a priest lastnight for shiggles. Willing to roll any class needed on either server and play nightly 9ish-2-3am and weekends anytime. More than likely going to focus on PvP server but will roll PvE to compliment a static group.

So far the game itself is what I have been looking for(non faceroll MMO). I love this combat system, it feels like a breath of fresh air. My only reservations so far is the amount of obvioustrolls and/or children. Is it usually that bad or am I just experiencing all the F2P trash.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRayford View Post
Is it usually that bad or am I just experiencing all the F2P trash.
Ehh. Idk, just started a week ago and it's been that bad since then. But doesn't really matter much, because tomorrow it'll be fully f2p and aaal that f2ptrash wave will be inc lol. Luckily you can mute the chats... The pkers are punavoidable on a pvp server, so :/. And inb4 qq nub comments,

yes i expected the pkers to be dickwads. It's just annoying when you cant necessarily fight back, like when a lvl 60 shows up at a lvl 12 quest area to 1shot you. lol.