Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-9-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [9 or 10]

Moderate JS is typically introduced in VC files. Usually JS is a rather advanced pattern for newer users, and it is typically introduced to players when they start playing VC's (or possibily small sections of JS in 9's).

The JS is rather dense and it's rather consistent (in other words draining and requires much concentration). Let's compare nyan to another JS file like Katharsis. As we can see, nyan has a higher max nps than Katharsis, and also notice how katharsis only has it's high nps sections for short periods of time while nyan seems to hold on to it's dense js for almost the entire song.

Nyan:

Katharsis:

Let's take a look at density of the JS in both charts as well. In the JS in the Katharsis, there is never a jump followed immediately after another jump in the JS. Therefore we know there is at least one singleton note per every jump in the jumpstream. Now taking a look at nyan, we have things like this:

back-to-back jumps in the JS, mini-jumpjacks within the JS as well as hidden jacks between jump and singleton 16ths , easy to split [24]3 and [13]2 patterns, as well as some hidden 8th anchor jacks which adds hidden difficulty. This type of JS does not warrant a 9 difficulty, and should be bumped to a VC.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 02-9-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Old 02-9-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [9 or 10]

nyan flows ridiculously well though. two files can be identical in nps but be completely different as far as actual file difficulty is concerned

1[23]4[23]1[23]4[23]1 is harder than 3[14]2[14]3[14]2[14]3 for example
Old 02-9-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
nyan flows ridiculously well though. two files can be identical in nps but be completely different as far as actual file difficulty is concerned

1[23]4[23]1[23]4[23]1 is harder than 3[14]2[14]3[14]2[14]3 for example
Very much so. The ending of a St. Scarhand Heavy file for SM (which I have lost) ended on the first pattern, which I usually ended up trying to jumptrill anyway. I would use as the easier example something like [34]1[34]2[34]1[34]2 where the hand motions are more easily divorced.

Anyway, presence of hands and minijacks aside, this is a 9 because it's just not long or fast enough. NPS is very inaccurate when dealing with a jump-heavy file, as it counts arrows instead of how fast you actually have to go, the TPS.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 02-9-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Old 02-9-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Comparing this to other short 9s, I actually see this on the lower-end.

what the f is this is full of colors and polyrhythms.
Luna Ascension has white notes which are placed fairly tricky.
Famouz... Can't really judge fairly because I have the biggest ****in mindblock on the song.
Everything in Nyanya- shutup flows extremely well and isn't too difficult to hit accurately.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 02-9-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

This file does indeed flow very well but it is quite dense for a 9. I'd say the majority of the file is a low 10, but with length factored in, Its hard to say one way or the other. glancing at the AAA's, i don't really see anything lower than high D3 players with it AAA'd. given its length though, it will have more AAA's because its a whorable file, which makes it hard to make a judgement based on that.

Get Kancho'd

Closed Thread