Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-6-2004, 07:23 PM   #341
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

People probably will still hack it, though. The high score table could just automatically delete any hacked score.
Old 06-6-2004, 08:17 PM   #342
soccr743
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to soccr743 Send a message via MSN to soccr743 Send a message via Yahoo to soccr743

So you are then talking about going through all those scores with a script, checking each one compared to the max and then deleting the ones over the max. That would be an impossible task to keep up...

Also there will be more security in R2 then there is in the current one but remember that it is always easier to hack then to prevent hacking...

-----Soccr743-----
Old 07-2-2004, 01:52 AM   #343
NOFXpunkk
FFR Player

how bout letter grades?
Old 07-2-2004, 04:17 AM   #344
Audhumla
FFR Player

I'm sure it's been mentioned millions of times, and it is probably coming, but some sport of speed mods would be really great...
Old 07-12-2004, 05:40 PM   #345
JenovaSephiroth
pink dragon irl
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

How about a training song like you did in the original FFR? That would be great for all the n00bs out there. Since so many people join EVERY DAY, there are many n00bs to teach.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:06 AM   #346
inuyashakg
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inuyashakg Send a message via Yahoo to inuyashakg
Default hit counter

I would like to see a "hit" counter (lack of a better word). I dont me like a combo counter. A "Hit" counter would be something like at the end of the song that tells you howmany "perfects, goods, averages, etc." you have so if you are trying to get better at a song you could abort it durring play, and restart, i thought of this when trying to get better at "Freak Out" durring the first week of the season 2 league. This would be something on the side of the screen durring play, and could be truned off if you did not like it. If you could do this that would be great...but if not i understand, well because i would have no clue how to do it.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #347
soccr743
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to soccr743 Send a message via MSN to soccr743 Send a message via Yahoo to soccr743

If you are playing a hard song you will not really be able to look at that during gameplay at all so it would be of no use...

Just keep track in your head of how many goods or averages you have... Or just play the song...

-----Soccr743-----
Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 PM   #348
NaOTa4231
FFR Player

im sure this has already been said but...if you could make freeze arrows(if thats even possible) and delete the high scores that cant even be achieved when you aaa it

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )
Old 07-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #349
inuyashakg
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inuyashakg Send a message via Yahoo to inuyashakg
Default auto fail

a botton like "end" will automaticly fail you incase you find out the song is to hard or do not like the beat, or you had a bad start or something
Old 07-24-2004, 11:26 AM   #350
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: auto fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyashakg
a botton like "end" will automaticly fail you incase you find out the song is to hard or do not like the beat, or you had a bad start or something
If it's too hard or you get a bad start, you can just boo out.

I suggest a start song button that you must click after the song is loaded. There have been countless times I've started to load a song and walked away for a little to do something else, and have the song end without me.
Old 08-8-2004, 07:26 PM   #351
Baconman669
FFR Player

1. A "+/- GAP" option, set and saved between songs. That way, users can fix desynched songs.

2. Either a "soft" and a "hard" difficulty level, or an adjustable level of truncation [beats, 1/2s, 1/4s, etc.].

3. Directional modifiers. Particularly one that can mix up the consistancy of files that look c/p'ed to death.

4. Restructure the genres. Suggested:

"Arcade Covers" <-Put DDR covers in Arcade section
"Alternative" <-Batch Rock, Funk, Hip-hop, Classical, and Misc. together.
"Techno", "Trance", "Pop", "<something>" <-Break the dance section up a little.
"Player's Best" <-saved per user
"Top Hits" <-saved by system, over all users.

5. Either use the "purchase" or "unlocks" system. Not both. And if you do use both, do unlocks by "total score" or "time expired", so that purchases don't erase unlocks. :$ Maybe make "purchases" 1/10 their price, but list them all ahead of time, and make it a pay-by-play.

7. Add modifiers to "Challenges".

8. Have an image database that can be used between all users, and maybe a couple of default BG-animation scripts that can have stuff subbed in. That way, more stages will have animated BG's.

I REALLY hope this post will actually be considered and not just buried.
Old 08-8-2004, 07:27 PM   #352
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Some of your suggestions don't make sense, and many of them are being fixed for R2
Old 08-8-2004, 07:31 PM   #353
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

You skipped number 6.

Maybe the sheer genius of your suggestions temporarily paralysed you, and prevented you from telling us more wonderful ideas.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 08-8-2004, 07:42 PM   #354
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Here's what I would like to see:

1. Speed mods
2. Challenges expiring
3. No cheated high scores, cheated grand total scores, or hidden arrows
4. An option to turn on an announcer
5. When two or more people get the same score in the top ten, the most recent people being on top
6. Credits meaning something for more than a few weeks
7. Score not being based on max combo
Old 08-8-2004, 07:50 PM   #355
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Doug

Most of those are gonna be in r2
Old 08-9-2004, 07:16 PM   #356
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Cool, there should be an endless mode, too. (Sorry if there is already going to be one.)

Where can I find out what's going to be in r2?
Old 08-9-2004, 07:26 PM   #357
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You wait for R2 to come out.
Old 08-9-2004, 07:49 PM   #358
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

1) Make MUCH more then just songs available in the shop. There should be optional backgrounds, unlockable mods, new menu song, new menu layout, different arrow graphics, be creative.

2) Make unlocking secret songs unique. You should get one song for clearing 25% of the original songs (non-secret, non-shop), one for 50%, one of 75%, another for 100% and a final for beating every original and unlockable song. There should also be songs unlocked for achieving a certain combo on any song, ei: as soon as you get a 500 combo a new song is unlocked. Also clearing every song in a section could unlock another. Using 1 mod could unlock one, while 2, 3, 4 and 5 mods could unlock more. Maybe bring back those actually 'secret songs' where a pixel by pixel wide link could bring up a password (unique in both password and placement per user). Once again, those are jsut some things on the top of my head, be creative, the credits thing makes NO SENSE. Although having a few for credits wouldn't hurt, just not all of them. Also, after clearing the song that resulted in unlocking the song, have a flashing text that says 'New song unlocked' or something like that.

3) Scoring. 'Nuff said. Don't base it on combo.

4) Personal high score list. Have an option somewhere on the menu that will bring up every song you have completed, along with you rank, score and combo. Secret songs would be at the end of the list, listed as '?????' until unlocked. Songs not played yet, but playable would have the name listed, but just have a 0 for score and '/' for rank.

Those are my biggest concerns, I could probably give 50 suggestions but I have to stop somewhere
Old 08-9-2004, 08:00 PM   #359
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Obviously:

Doubles mode.

And If its already in it, how about the FFR's song selection wheel looking like SM.

Maybe thats already in FFR R2 also? =O
Old 08-9-2004, 08:11 PM   #360
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I like Brainmaster's #2. Kinda like how you obtain trophies in SSBM. Different requirements for each one. Some are easy to people, some are insanely hard. I would add one for total games played and one for AAAing any song.

I would also like to see a song selection wheel as Snapps suggested.

~Squeek
Closed Thread