Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-9-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Lamoc
FFR Player

Lightbulb Homosexual Marriage

Quote:
I'd like to let it be known that little pisses me off more than the incessant requests for locks (that means you, Chromer and madmatt). If I think it needs to be locked, I'll lock it, mmkay?

That aside, bumping is much more acceptable in CT due to how much slower this forum is and how debates and other critical thinking isn't something that often "dies".

However, a three year bump is a little extreme. The gay marriage issue is still around, but it's certainly changed since then, as have people's opinions, possibly. I think it'd be better just to start fresh rather than have everyone who's new here go back and read all those posts from members who aren't even here to rebut. So, if anyone wants to make a new thread, they can go for it.

Lastly, the only person who contributed to the discussion today was the guy who bumped the thread. I'd rather see that than the half-dozen spam posts that followed. This is a warning to you all; next time will likely be a ban. Stay on topic or don't post at all.
I thought I would put my thoughts into this. I was gone the past couple days and saw how the last time this came up, the topic was.... well destroyed. This is a serious issue. If me reposting, er reviving this topic is against the rules let me know. I couldn't find anything about it.

You can't put a ban on homosexual marriages. Thats wrong. Your restricting the rights of people as well as limiting thier future.

Lets flip this around. How about a ban on hetrosexual marriages? (Hetro meaning "straight") How would that be? To ban 2 people putting everlasting love into each other by documentation. If that makes sense.

People don't have the right to prevent others from doing something. Thats invasion of anothers right to the constitution. Your removing freedoms of a large portion of the U.S.

Homosexual marriages should be allowed. Theres no question on that.

If you guys are having trouble understanding parts of this i'm sorry. I tried the best I could to make this as easy to read as I could. Just finished driving for 14 hours and very tired.
Old 04-9-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
BumOnStreet
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BumOnStreet
Default Re: Homosexual Marriage

I dont really care about homosexual marriages because all it means is that there is less competition for the ladies ;D
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Pikachu655
FFR Player

Smile Re: Homosexual Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumOnStreet View Post
I dont really care about homosexual marriages because all it means is that there is less competition for the ladies ;D
Hah truely one statement to agree with... also i don't mind it but would they just Shut the **** up about not haveing any rights? i know they have none and i don't mean to be rude but i'm a person who HATES it when people complain more than i do... lol?

Cheers,
Synthlight
Synth Made a funny!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu655 View Post
Hah truely one statement to agree with... also i don't mind it but would they just Shut the **** up about not haveing any rights? i know they have none and i don't mean to be rude but i'm a person who HATES it when people complain more than i do... lol?
...really? Because you seem like you are intending to do so.

So, basically, you're saying that we THINK that we have no rights? Utter bull. We're depraved of marriage throughout most of the country, but that's it. We're still normal, functional members of society who possess all the same rights as others besides the right to marry (once again, outside of MA).
Old 04-9-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoc View Post
You can't put a ban on homosexual marriages. Thats wrong. Your restricting the rights of people as well as limiting thier future.
Wrong. You're completely missing the issue if this is what you think could happen.

Quote:
Lets flip this around. How about a ban on hetrosexual marriages? (Hetro meaning "straight") How would that be? To ban 2 people putting everlasting love into each other by documentation.
So people can't have everlasting love without government recognition?

When I get married under the eyes of God I'll be married. Signing papers is a mere formality.

Quote:
People don't have the right to prevent others from doing something.
Yeah we do. Last I checked we prevented others from having slaves and stabbing each other.

Quote:
Thats invasion of anothers right to the constitution.
I'm quoting this to highlight the fact that your poor grammar is severely hindering your ability to make a point. What, praytell, is my "right to the constitution"?

Quote:
Homosexual marriages should be allowed. Theres no question on that.
Actually, there are a lot of questions about that, some of which I detailed in the OP of the other thread from which the above quote came.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-9-2007, 03:33 AM   #6
Lamoc
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
Wrong. You're completely missing the issue if this is what you think could happen.

When I get married under the eyes of God I'll be married. Signing papers is a mere formality.

Yeah we do. Last I checked we prevented others from having slaves and stabbing each other.

I'm quoting this to highlight the fact that your poor grammar is severely hindering your ability to make a point. What, praytell, is my "right to the constitution"?

Actually, there are a lot of questions about that, some of which I detailed in the OP of the other thread from which the above quote came.

--Guido

Most states don't allow gay marriages.

Signing papers is only a formality I agree.

We prevented others from having slaves because thats invading THIER right to the constitution and the rights of freedom.

Sorry for having bad grammer, i'm not as blessed as some of you. I could just type out in my own language if ya want and have you guys try to translate it to english. Its not as easy as it seems.

There is no question if marriages should be allowed or not by homosexuals. You're removing rights of homosexuals of getting married. Why aren't homosexuals allowed to get married? Its thier choice, not yours. Don't like gay marriages? Don't marry one.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
Godnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoc View Post
Most states don't allow gay marriages.

Signing papers is only a formality I agree.

We prevented others from having slaves because thats invading THIER right to the constitution and the rights of freedom.

Sorry for having bad grammer, i'm not as blessed as some of you. I could just type out in my own language if ya want and have you guys try to translate it to english. Its not as easy as it seems.

There is no question if marriages should be allowed or not by homosexuals. You're removing rights of homosexuals of getting married. Why aren't homosexuals allowed to get married? Its thier choice, not yours. Don't like gay marriages? Don't marry one.
Oregon was also known for allowing gay marriage until they took a stop to it, sometime ago.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
z0mgfightme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to z0mgfightme Send a message via MSN to z0mgfightme

It should be allowed. I think it's a violation of constitutional rights not to allow a gay couple to marry. This is taking us back to days of slavery where black people weren't granted the same rights because they weren't "equal" to whites. Same with gays. THEY ARE THE SAME! They feel and they love and they DEFINATELY deserve the same marital rights as heterosexuals.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

1. America was founded under Christianity. I'm sure any history book will tell you that.
2. I hate the damn liberals and democrats trying to twist and change the constitution so a bunch of gays can get married and act like a married couple.
3. You work to get what you want in America. If you want to be gay, fine, thats your choice, but stay the hell away from the constitution.
4. I don't hate gays, but if a ****** ever touches me, I'm going to kick his ass.

The only problem with that is that people sometimes view homosexuality as if it's always a choice.

Being black is not a choice.

I'm not saying that means people will be unwilling to change their opinions on it, I'm just saying that it'll probably be more difficult.

You're comparing race and sexuality to one another. Bad idea. You can be black, and choose to be gay. With race, you don't get to choose. People cannot "scientifically" be gay. They choose it. Thats what I'm always going to think, and if some idiot tells me otherwise, screw him.

Last edited by hayatewillown; 07-26-2007 at 11:35 AM..
Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
PurifiedWater
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post

--Guido

good points, yet i think it all depends on: A, what your beliefs are (christian, etc,) and B, If you choose to be homosexual, its your life.
I think it is ,like i've mentioned before in a different post, the same situation as abortion. All about choice.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #11
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurifiedWater View Post
All about choice.
Bullshit
Old 05-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #12
sgkoneko
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sgkoneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurifiedWater View Post
good points, yet i think it all depends on: A, what your beliefs are (christian, etc,) and B, If you choose to be homosexual, its your life.
I think it is ,like i've mentioned before in a different post, the same situation as abortion. All about choice.
I have to agree with Killroy. You can't choose who you are attracted to. That's part of the make up of deep personality traits that are genetic. You can't just say.."You know what... I think I want to date the same sex this week."
Old 04-9-2007, 01:31 AM   #13
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

As an interesting aside, especially since it was mentioned in the previous thread that since the first thread, a lot has changed, a group of homosexual rights activists in the United States, faced with many from the religious right objecting to gay marriage on the grounds that marriage is intended to produce children, have been planning (maybe already have) to introduce legislation to the house stating that any heterosexual couple that does not produce a child within three years should, by the religious right's logic, have their marriage forcibly dissolved.

If nothing else it neatly highlights that many of the "usual" objections to gay marriage are unacceptable to many of their proponants if turned around to reflect on all marriage.

As for myself, I feel that any two consenting adults should be able to enter into an agreement which confers exactly the same rights as any other married couple.

Governments should be made to issue marriage certificates in that case as well, but under no circumstances should any church or religious organisation with its own marriage rites ever be made to confer those against their own beliefs.

Specifically with the governmental end, this would allow for them, if they were thinking clearly, to finally make a -proper- distinction between church and state, make the concept of "Marriage" be a word in the sole purview of the church, and have the governmental side have a seperate name thatmore accurately reflects the differing status between legal marriage and religous marriage.
Old 04-9-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
archbishopjabber
FFR Player

I have found that most people who have an aversion to homosexuals and there rights generally are closet homosexuals themselves leading a crusade against their own secret orientation as a way to justify their existence and repent for a part of themselves that they feel is "wrong."

In a nutshell, if you are strongly against homosexuals, it probably just means you are jealous of their strength and ability to not hide their desires.
Old 04-9-2007, 08:39 PM   #15
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Quote:
Originally Posted by archbishopjabber View Post
I have found that most people who have an aversion to homosexuals and there rights generally are closet homosexuals themselves leading a crusade against their own secret orientation as a way to justify their existence and repent for a part of themselves that they feel is "wrong."

In a nutshell, if you are strongly against homosexuals, it probably just means you are jealous of their strength and ability to not hide their desires.
I guess i cant really refute that purely on the basis that i have no idea of your experience with homosexuals but i think the general consensus is that it conflicts with religious views.

Old 04-9-2007, 07:11 PM   #16
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Or have traditional and religious views of right and wrong...could be that too.
Old 04-9-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

I'm for gay marriage. Not arguing about it though.

PS - Homosexuals are proof of nature's way of population control. x] Jk.
Old 04-9-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windscarredfaith View Post
I'm for gay marriage. Not arguing about it though.

PS - Homosexuals are proof of nature's way of population control. x] Jk.
LOL

I'm all against gay marriages. I have a couple of gay friends, I don't like them as much as I did when I thought they were straight though. But I don't like straight up getting to know someone if they were gay when I met them. Being gay isn't something I should care about, but meh, I do care, I care that they might try and rape me. I don't want that. so, yea.
Old 04-9-2007, 08:28 PM   #19
jamuko
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
I have a couple of gay friends, I don't like them as much as I did when I thought they were straight though.
This is the saddest thing I've heard all day.

Quote:
I care that they might try and rape me. I don't want that. so, yea.
And that's the most ignorant. >__>

Are you serious? Gay people aren't any more likely to rape anyone than a straight person... do you think girls live in constant fear of being raped by any straight man they see? That's the comparison you're making here...

Some part of me thinks you've got to be joking, in which case I guess you got me. But daaang.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
Old 04-9-2007, 08:42 PM   #20
MwarriorHiei
FFR Player

I really don't see the problem with homosexual marriage.

Quote:
LOL

Being gay isn't something I should care about, but meh, I do care, I care that they might try and rape me. I don't want that. so, yea.
I have tons of homosexual friends but they haven't raped me...o.o

It's like if you were in love with this girl and you guys wanted to get married. But the parents won't let you cuz you aren't asian. Don't you think this would be a serious injustice to you and the girl? It's just what we are doing to the homosexual society. Last time I checked, a homosexual is still a human being and should be allowed the rights granted to human beings by the Constitution, or if not in America, at least should be allowed basic human rights. Homosexuality isn't a disease and shouldn't be persecuted. I thought we learned this after we abolished slavery.

btw im straight so don't go saying i have secret homosexual feelings for you...
Closed Thread