Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Health and Fitness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #21
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Eating for $4/day

There isn't much good evidence that fruits or vegetables are required in your diet if you get those nutrients from other sources.

One of the biggest benefits of F+V are the high fiber content and rich micronutrient sources.

Honestly his diet would be woefully deficient I would think were it not for the fact that he eats Vector. Vector has an absolutely ridiculous nutritional profile for a cereal (http://www.kelloggs.ca/content/dam/c...cement_458.bmp). Honestly, 99% of cereals are JUNK FOOD. Straight up. Heavily marketed trash that people stupidly believe is a staple of a healthy breakfast, but this is not one of them. It's a legit meal replacement, pretty similar to stuff marketed to hospitals except those are always in liquid form for ease of ingestion.

I still think he should eat more fiber though unless he eats a lot of bread.

Personally, I also don't eat many fruits and vegetables but my go to vegetable that I eat almost every day is spinach. Very nutritious and a great substitute for lettuce in chicken salads. Lots of ways to prep em and it's VERY cheap. I cannot recommend enough buying bulk chicken or whole costco chickens and mixing it with spinach. You can mix with other things too to meet your needs and it doesn't cost much, plus it's tasty.

I also eat a lot of sushi and I'll usually pick up berries and apples or peaches every week too. Helps keep the stool solid.

Last edited by Reach; 09-10-2015 at 10:35 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 AM   #22
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
unless he eats a lot of bread.
Usually like 5-6 slices per day

Not joking.

Last edited by SCWolf; 09-11-2015 at 02:17 AM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:23 AM   #23
Dvaerak7Korgo
魂氣 혼기 (Wandering Spirit)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Honestly, 99% of cereals are JUNK FOOD. Straight up. Heavily marketed trash that people stupidly believe is a staple of a healthy breakfast, but this is not one of them.
PREACH! PREACH!

A healthy alternative is oatmeal with various crushed nuts and a spoonful of brown sugar. A full, medium sized bowl (~2 measuring cups) of that shit fills you up for hours, too. I throw in a banana for more sweetness and then some frozen berries for FUN. c:

Also, spinach and chicken are great. Although, recently I've switched to frozen kale because I like the crunchy texture when it's cooked, since spinach gets mushy. Kale's just as cheap and really doesn't have a strong taste imo. I think frozen produce is a good investment since I read that it tends to have higher nutritional content than fresh food. Plus, it doesn't rot after a week or two, and it's a lot cheaper.

Also, 6lbs of frozen chicken thighs is great for the whole month for one person. Really versatile. I prefer thighs over breasts because I'm just that type of guy. ;) But really, unsaturated fats are good for you, as opposed to saturated fats, or worse--transaturated fats.

I think the main thing is to just learn how to cook quick meals. Otherwise, you'll probably revert back to processed food, which brings the bill up by a lot.

I split the bill evenly between my two siblings and I. We're really minimal and health-conscious, so together we spend about $240 a month, but that brings it down to $80 per person, give or take. That's less than $3/day. We could improve, though.

Last edited by Dvaerak7Korgo; 01-13-2016 at 02:38 AM..
Dvaerak7Korgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:13 AM   #24
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

- gallon of milk
- 1-2 cans of tuna
- multivitamin

done
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote