So pat when are we gonna melty I need to fight you with my C-Ciel/F-Miyako
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #962
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread

I'm shit at melty

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 03:55 PM   #963
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This thread is now on its last legs, but I said I was going to make a shoutout post. Let's see how well my memory serves me. A caveat: I might only remember your username (because that's how most introductions got made, and who gives a fuck about real names). I talked to so many people, yet still missed out on talking to even more people. What the fuck, FFR... you made a strong showing.

Bridget, I am way too excited (read: shitting myself in anticipation) for my move to Vancouver, and I'm thrilled to become more than just an honorary member of VancouFFR in August. We didn't get bad day shots because of the tequila perhaps (give me a prairie fire any day though hehe), but we can imbibe all the liquor in Vancouver very soon. They're not ready for us. Aussi, il faut que nous parlons en français un peu! Je veux pratiquer et améliorer mon discours, parce que j'écris en français suffisamment (je pense... heh). I also want to hear more about your life in Paris and Réunion -- I'm utterly fascinated by travelling. Next year: you, me, scissors, and Lesbian Sex 101. IT MUST HAPPEN.

Bobby, you look so much like one of my uncles that it's only fitting we share such a dynamic Dynam0-динамо bond. I forgot to slice your jugular so you won't be such a contender in the upcoming tournament, but next year, when I order a King Wing Caesar at Kelsey's and voraciously devour the knife-speared chicken wing in front of you, I'll remedy the situation. Until then, stay frosty, my mother's brother.

Stian, goddammit I was so happy to see you again, and this time on my home soil (even if Toronto is 2600+ km removed from my true home). We didn't talk too much, but I'm glad that we were on the D7 Leviathan train up and then dooooooooooooown (with Luis weeooooo). I will try my damndest to orchestrate a trip to Norway next summer (entirely dependent on the demands of graduate school), because I need to experience that crazy bonfire. I also want to see more of your stellar country... it was sure beautiful in the winter.

Luis, we also didn't talk too much, and it's really unfortunate that you weren't feeling tip-top until near the end of the weekend, but it was still nice to meet you after all this time. Like the missed-opportunity demise of Bobby, I forgot to severely maim your hands in some crafty fashion (maybe if I had those Lesbian Sex 101 scissors I could've accomplished this), but there's always next year! I'm also requesting more WLIIA quote-bombs for then (how didn't we do any holy shit).

Petesteve, you are dude-approved, and so exuberant about everything. We should totally play some ITG next year, and rave again, and be awesome in the same room together again, and I would definitely share a pitcher of booze with you. dAnceguy911 must happen, and at the Village Idiot Pub, it can! Eternal gratitude is sent your way for providing 6-in-5 transport between the con and the hotel. Also, you'll be in my signature for a very long time. Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay.

Greg, you very much remind me of one of my fellow Math in Moscow friends -- in appearance and in humour. You're now thesourcreamfan to me, and I find it oddly intriguing that you have such a fascination with that watery facial cream. I suspect that you would really enjoy Russian сметана -- it has a noticeably better texture, and you could probably find some Soviets to lick it off your face. I hope to see you at Asscrack North 2015!

Silvuh, we didn't talk much at all, but it's nice to see another mind behind the stepping madness (having also met bmah, I've now seen the producers of 50% of FFR's files sweet).

Ally, you are the supreme organizer of all things Toronto, and it was über awesome to meet you. I trust you'll be there next year for hugs and High Park shenanigans again, among other things. To that I say woo!

Terry, thank you for introducing me to the most interesting Catholic burgers this side of the Vatican, especially when they're consumed in a nearby McDonald's (except not me, because I ate most of mine on the street like a bitter divorcée). I hope you got excellent pictures of Friday night's (Saturday early-morning's) astronomical event (I haven't checked your deliciously diligent thread yet oops).

Rob, you're fun to talk to and exactly like I thought you'd be. Because of your propensity for interesting conversation, I've got one fewer reason to sit on your face. At a moment's notice that could change, but until then I'll thank you from afar for providing safe Milky Blue transport around Toronto. Next time: Slashmaid, and not the instrumental.

Maggie, I'm so glad I've weaned myself off the gum chewing so that we can be acquainted, especially when it comes to watching you freak out over every stuffed Pokémon, etc. at the con. Did your Kiko Match 2 score get accepted? More importantly, did you snag a gold? Reset was yesterday, so I hope you managed a boatload of good scores.

Halfstep, we were approximately a step away from each other, and you were one of the first FFRers I met in the DDR room on Saturday. That's got to be at least three-quarters awesome, but we'll round it up to 110% amazing.

Megamon, you were one of the next to introduce yourself to me in the DDR room, and it was fun playing some ITG with you. That random X-Mod song choice of yours was a hilarious bout of spontaneity, and I'm glad it happened.

To those of whose presence I was aware but with whom I shared words at most sparingly:

-> Kommi, your afro is as amazing as my friend's (the rivalry would be pretty great);
-> SCWolf, I watched you kick some ass at index (not to mention ITG), and if I played more SM I would probably dabble in that style again;
-> Coveyduck, needs more quacking;
-> Plopadop & Spenner, hopefully you gentlemen will stick around next time for all the fun and frivolity;
-> Arc, the ultimate foundation *_*;
-> Sarah, for adding the insanity and devotion required in a well-rounded group of people (and your bow was spectacular);
-> Lito, fuckingdumbfellow salutes you and your Swiss Chalet dance moves *cough cough*;
-> Gundam, whatever your cosplay was from (I'm anime-retarded), it was pretty sweet;
-> Will, rockin' the Sound Voltex like a champ (goddamn I hope that was you h4h4);
-> Winrar, for being my most commonly used 40-day-yet-everlasting-trial unzipping software;
-> Jordan Ultima, for having a confusing username, being a big organizer for Smoke's poutine, and then screaming like a ninny on the sideways Ferris wheel... you're a beaut.

And then to Team Québec:

-> Félix: Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay. I wish I could've talked to you for longer, possibly in French, but for now our love will endure in pixelated English, your stepfiles, and my unwashed hand from moving-vehicle high-fives.
-> H&H: Mon dieu, I hope you have a thrilling adventure in Finland. I love it when people decide to completely uproot their life for more excitement like that, and I can't wait to hear about your experience. Also, more eternal gratitude to you for providing the majority of my new signature.
-> Mathieu: You can sprawl yourself across my lap whenever you'd like.
-> Haku: The gamewhore himself, gamewhoring for all to see. Next time I hope that we can talk more too!

And I know I still missed out on several attendees, but overall it was a very successful meetup. Tall Chris and I had boatloads of fun during and after the con as we made Toronto our mistress, and I'm hella excited for next year.

Last edited by smartdude1212; 06-2-2014 at 03:57 PM..
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 05:11 PM   #964
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

i'm so happy you two did tsuda and shino pete
Old 06-2-2014, 05:28 PM   #965
HalfStep
Can't AAA anything
FFR Veteran

How the fuck did you remember me smartdude LOL

4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

HalfStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 05:36 PM   #966
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
Maggie, I'm so glad I've weaned myself off the gum chewing so that we can be acquainted, especially when it comes to watching you freak out over every stuffed Pokémon, etc. at the con. Did your Kiko Match 2 score get accepted? More importantly, did you snag a gold? Reset was yesterday, so I hope you managed a boatload of good scores.
You weaned yourself off gum so we could hang out?! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!! I didn't realize you had to like actually go out of your way. I feel bad. :c Sorry. :c That's really nice of you though. :'( Like wowwie. Thanks for keeping me company when Rob abandoned me for food. (sun) And thanks for putting up with my merch spazzing and me dragging you all around the dealer's room ahhaha. I think I have a picture or two to send to you from the park escapades. AND NO THEY NEVER APPROVED IT AND I'M UPSET. :'( ps: we did get more gold trophies tho. ~_~

Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 06-2-2014 at 05:40 PM..
DarknessXoXLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 05:39 PM   #967
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
-> SCWolf, I watched you kick some ass at index (not to mention ITG), and if I played more SM I would probably dabble in that style again;
Thanks a lot dude, I appreciate that. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to speak to you, but there's always next year!
Old 06-2-2014, 05:57 PM   #968
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

dat missed chance of WLIIA quote-bouncing. :'( I definitely plan to go next year. I was sick in 2012 and I was sick again this year. Next time I'll stock up on Vitamin C and just refuse to go outside for weeks before the trip.
Old 06-2-2014, 05:59 PM   #969
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
You weaned yourself off gum so we could hang out?! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!! I didn't realize you had to like actually go out of your way. I feel bad. :c Sorry. :c That's really nice of you though. :'( Like wowwie. Thanks for keeping me company when Rob abandoned me for food. (sun) And thanks for putting up with my merch spazzing and me dragging you all around the dealer's room ahhaha. I think I have a picture or two to send to you from the park escapades. AND NO THEY NEVER APPROVED IT AND I'M UPSET. :'( ps: we did get more gold trophies tho. ~_~
No, in general I've stopped chewing gum because it's a moderately-priced habit. I just mentioned it because I know your aversion to the substance. *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
dat missed chance of WLIIA quote-bouncing. :'( I definitely plan to go next year. I was sick in 2012 and I was sick again this year. Next time I'll stock up on Vitamin C and just refuse to go outside for weeks before the trip.
And then get a nice sunburn five minutes into the line-up.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 07:52 PM   #970
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

shoutouts to chris (kommisar) for attending the con for the fifth year in a row. you are one of the biggest reasons why I continue to attend this con from 2008 up until now. additional shoutouts to all your local buddies including serge, chris (scwolf), mathieu, pierre, and jessica. even though I didn't speak to the latter three, I knew who they were at least, if that means anything to you or them, haha. mad disappointed that I didn't get to see and take a picture of your thug ass tomato kigurumi, but at the very least you got that comparison photo of my figurine and I (still waiting for that, son).

shoutouts to james (wineandbread) for finally making the trip here from maryland and meeting you in person. you are handsome as fuck and one of the most swag ass motherfuckers I've ever met. if I didn't already have a gf and was gay, I'd be all over you like a fat kid and a smartie. (disclaimer: no offense to any overweight peeps, just an expression xd). one last shoutout for doing the t-time squats with me—good for health, bad for education, money on my mind, it's my motivation.

shoutouts to josh (layne/lj) for being cookiezi all weekend and flipping my dress up like a billion times while I was playing pop'n. shoutouts to the nanalan poster hunt on sunday and successfully finding it.

shoutouts to jordan (tysonultima) for bringing his meatbania controller for the second year in a row for scratchmania. also for basically starring in like 90% of the videos I recorded over the weekend because of his beautiful singing voice. I really wish you did crossdress this con though so I wouldn't of been the only one doing it rip.

shoutouts to austin (pmon) for buying everything ika and meeting your waifu cosplayed in person.

shoutouts to matt (0) for driving all the way up from ohio to chill all weekend. also for being a true solord. make sure you kidnap drive eron dessar next year.

shoutouts to robert (lurker) for not getting completely shitfaced like last year. if there's anyone I can truly call player hater of the year, it's you my friend.

shoutouts to thai for giving me a ride to the con and partying mad hard all weekend.

shoutouts to christian (nuyaka_jaren) for being the only one other than me to not order a meatatarian from dare to be fresh poutine before we were on our way to the con. also for being a chill ass dude in general.

shoutouts to brandon (wtfbrandon) for being the room leader and driving us around. come grab your nanalan poster off me whenever homeboy.

shoutouts to amy (musicmaster) for the awesome cosplays. I swear if I go into any AN photo album from the official facebook group, I'm bound to find at least a photo of you somewhere for the nonon or lain cosplays lmao.

shoutouts to will (hurley) for also being the room leader (sorry brandon) and giving jordan a kancho. also shoutouts for the amount of swag this guy bought holy shit.

shoutouts to andy (winrar) for carrying the massive box of poutine and also taking a vid of brandon's semi-road rage.

shoutouts to becky for flying over from like the other side of canader and keeping brandon in check all weekend. I didn't talk to you much over the weekend but you gave me the impression that you are just a genuinely nice and friendly person overall if that means anything to you.

shoutouts to kady (trixiepuff) for showing up and also keeping brandon in check. again, same deal with becky where I didn't talk to you much (or at all for that matter), but you seemed like a genuinely nice and friendly person if that means anything to you.

shoutouts to gianmarco (gpop) for running two panels this year: one on diaperheads and one on shipgirls. sorry for not attending either of them though due to shitty timing rip.

shoutouts to richard (condor) for showing up like every year with gianmarco. the times I saw you, you were either playing sound voltex or itg pretty much all weekend, so I don't think we've actually spoken to each other.

shoutouts to vickie for being genuinely nice to me (and to thai that one time during the weekend).

shoutouts to christian (silentoath/dr.ozi) for always attending the con every year. even though you're busy partying with your crew all weekend, it's still incredibly awesome of you to take the time to show up to the meetup on saturday to chill and catchup with old times like we used to have before high school.

shoutouts to stian for flying all the way from scandinavia for the second time. it's always a pleasure to shake hands with a vikingfjord and stepmania overlord. if I ever make a trip to norway (likely to happen sometime in the future), I'll be sure to give you a shout.

shoutouts to luis (samurai) for the mad hard scratchmania file and for attending the con for a third time. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord.

shoutouts to bobby (dynamo) for bumping into you randomly at the dealer's room like twice and for attending for a second year in a row. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord and also a secret solord.

shoutouts to adam (smartdude) for flying across the country to attend the con. and don't worry, my cosplay is a mystery to everyone regardless of whether I told people where it's from :2hipster&obscure:. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord. and one more shoutout for your buddy chris (pawn) for being the tallest guy I've ever seen in person.

shoutouts to rob (owa) & maggie (dxoxl) for finally showing up to the con after all these years. I didn't get to talk to you two much, but you're both awesome additional shoutouts to rob for being a d7 overlord. p.s. rob, if you really want that fanta, I shit you not, I will go out and buy you two cases plus an additional one for finally showing up this year lmfao.

shoutouts to adam (plopadop) for finally being to meet you after missing you completely last year. looking forward to chilling with you longer next year so maybe we can talk about aNiMe and stupid stuff I would find funny because you seem to have a knack for that.

shoutouts to spencer (spenner) for showing up and finally being able to meet another fellow graphic designer from the community. looking forward to chilling with you longer next year so maybe we can talk about ~aRTs~, ~DeSIGN~, and other fun stuff.

shoutouts to pete (danceguy) for cosplaying tsuda from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. also for not getting completely shitfaced like last year.

shoutouts to bridget (ohsosilly) for cosplaying shino from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. we only talked like once over the weekend and it was about the anime lol but it was definitely nice chatting with you.

shoutouts to ally (sky kitten) for helping with the smoke's massive order and being just an incredibly friendly and sweet person to be around.

shoutouts to silvuh for attending the con. we didn't talk at all other than the quick intro to each other, but I can definitely say that more simfile overlords need to show up next year.

shoutouts to alex (megamon) for also attending the con and being a simfile overlord. I never got the chance to compliment you on your music in person, so I'll just write it out here.

shoutouts to mathieu (opkiller) for being a d7 overlord and wrecking stepmania in the rhythm games room.

shoutouts to martin (sanzath) for cosplaying okabe rintarou. don't worry, I don't consider it cosplay theft even if I did it 2 years ago lol. also for giving me the shoutout that my hacking to the gate 6key file is dope.

shoutouts to sven (hateandhatred) for the failed high five hand clap thing I tried to do when I first saw you. also for being a beast and lifting 2 people on top of your shoulders, even if it was for a short amount of time.

shoutouts to felix (marionintendo) for showing up to the con and for just generally being a chill dude to befriend and talk to. hearing your drinking story from jordan makes me wish I was there to see the shenanigans in thai's room lol.

shoutouts to hakulyte for showing up to the con. you were quiet and reserved to yourself all weekend, but your presence at the meetup was more than enough. hoping to see you speak more and converse with you next year if you come.

shoutouts to lito for randomly texting me saturday morning about the meetup. even though we didn't talk at all, it was cool to meet you for the second time. and I still remember your mad dance moves from AN 2011 so part of me wanted to see what you'd bust out this year lol.

shoutouts to rachel (raeko) for showing up almost every year. I only saw you for a brief moment during the group photo, so I didn't get the chance to compliment you on the awesome casual asuka cosplay.

shoutouts to afrobean for showing up for the second time. again, same situation as rachel where I only saw you during the group photo and I still haven't really introduced myself to you lol. maybe next year I'll get the chance to if you go again.

shoutouts to david (coolrun) for completely dodging ffr peeps all weekend LOL. for real though, sick headphones, sick hair, and sick china beard—you look similar to my older brother who sports a similar style, lmao.

shoutouts to thesunfan for showing up. I don't think I actually spoke to you all weekend, but I definitely knew who you were if that means anything to you (I'm great at attaching names and usernames to faces and remembering them). maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to arcnmx for showing up. again, same deal as the above where I don't think I actually spoke to you all weekend, but at the very least I knew who you were. maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to andrew (coveyduck) for showing up. once again, same deal as the above two peeps. maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to linky123456 for the manly jinx cosplay and the random ass selfie with kommi.

shoutouts to kaneh for working at AN every fucking year but finally being able to track this guy down and meet him in person. he's submitted to like every ffr seasonal pack I did and has done a lot for OD, so big ups and respect. I will be sure to hunt you down next year again too.

shoutouts to sarah (zeldagurlfan) for being overly hyper, high, and happy (exponential difference compared to the previous year, lmao).

shoutouts to anyone else I might've left out because I either didn't see you at all for whatever reason on saturday, most likely due to me leaving with jordan, andy, brandon, and austin to grab the poutine order after the group photo.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 06-2-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 08:02 PM   #971
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
shoutouts to kady (trixiepuff) for showing up and also keeping brandon in check. again, same deal with becky where I didn't talk to you much (or at all for that matter), but you seemed like a genuinely nice and friendly person if that means anything to you.
Awww =3 That does mean a lot thank you. And there's always next year to make up for it

Quote:
I'm telling you. I'm going to make someone over there shove you in a plastic bubble a month before the con.
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man View Post
Hey Trixie, how does your asshole feel? Does it feel nice and stretched from how hard those jacks just raped you?
TrixiePuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2014, 08:08 PM   #972
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If I can still eat and drink in the plastic bubble then sure
Old 06-2-2014, 08:18 PM   #973
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Meanwhile on the sideways Ferris Wheel.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"That's not multiple people screaming that's just Jordan." -Andy
Old 06-2-2014, 08:20 PM   #974
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
Meanwhile on the sideways Ferris Wheel.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"That's not multiple people screaming that's just Jordan." -Andy
Ahahaha that was great. We were all watching for every time you came around so we could see the look on your face.
Still proud of you for braving the wild beast We shall do it again next year!

Quote:
If I can still eat and drink in the plastic bubble then sure
Of course. I can't starve you to death before the con.
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Hey Trixie, how does your asshole feel? Does it feel nice and stretched from how hard those jacks just raped you?
Old 06-2-2014, 09:14 PM   #975
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Ill make sure not to eat!
Old 06-2-2014, 09:25 PM   #976
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
Ill make sure not to eat!
Haha, yeah probably a good idea.
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Old 06-2-2014, 10:01 PM   #977
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ohsosilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
shoutouts to bridget (ohsosilly) for cosplaying shino from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. we only talked like once over the weekend and it was about the anime lol but it was definitely nice chatting with you.
They should really just rename the anime to that, hahaha ;P was awesome to talk to you too!!
ohsosilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2014, 06:59 AM   #978
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

nigapat :')