Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-1-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
WenR
FFR Player

Default What embarrasses you the most or you dislike the most about your parents?

Trying this because my last post I think came off wrong.

My answer would be my mom’s ratted 60’s hairdo.
WenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_
Default Re: What embarrasses you the most or you dislike the most about your parents?

my mother is lesbian.

Last edited by Emo_Saur_; 11-1-2011 at 09:13 PM..
Emo_Saur_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: What embarrasses you the most or you dislike the most about your parents?

My mom constantly encourages me to starve myself, especially when we have guests over. -_-
Old 11-1-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
my mother is lesbian.
That embarrasses you? Wow. You're a ****ing moron.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
LJRoX
Banned

My dad converses with people in restaurants in the weirdest way possible.
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Emithith
FFR Player

My dad is a general dead-beat, and doesn't care for any of my siblings, besides me. He has a weird way of making me feel "loved" too.

My mom is just overprotective. I can't even really leave the house unless she is there.
She also likes to complain when she has to do things that everyone else does (and they usually don't complain)

-___-

Other than those things I would probably love and respect them more, but damn..
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
That embarrasses you? Wow. You're a ****ing moron.
Yo, my bad that my opinion pisses you off.

You're the moron.
Old 11-1-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:

You're the moron.
Are you that god damn stupid?
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:30 PM   #9
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

...just about everything about my parents. I'm sure that comes off as the whole "oh god, another teenager that dislikes their parents for absolutely no reason." But trust me, I have good reason.

Haven't seen my dad in years because he's been in and out of jail for various reasons.

My mother is basically a completely worthless person. She sits on her ass all day on her laptop spending money on online games instead of decent food, complaining that she has no money, but refusing to go look for a job.

Plus, multitudes of other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My dad have a very dry sense of humor and my mom actually scare my friends when they come over. I still love them though c:
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
Izzy
Snek

Nothing, my mother is a great friend. My dad is very accomplished and I look up to him.

I guess the only thing would be that they are a tiny bit religious, I'd assume because of the social pressures of that generation. Other than that they are pretty opened minded.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
supermoe1985
"It's crazy."
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to supermoe1985

My Mum is the laziest person in the world! Dinner plates under the table and not on the sink, dog crap everywhere sometimes for days, and the way she speaks to me isn't normal for a mother...overall I like Dad better.
supermoe1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 02:17 AM   #13
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

My mom has this tenancy to get really pissed off at me because sometimes I can be very rude with my tones of voice and my comments.

I've walked out of a family dinner a few times because my mom got upset at me for voicing an opinion on something when I was clearly asked for it, or for trying to make a joke. (Around my family I tend to not talk much opinion wise, or really much at all for that matter because if I'm being sarcastic or something they cannot tell.) Rather than sitting there and making a scene I just step outside and turn music on.

The most embarrassing thing is, my mom asking me if I took my medication in a public place. I'm embarrassed to take medications, it's just not something you ask loudly in public.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 03:07 AM   #14
moches
FFR Player

Quote:

You're the moron.
Every legit medical organization in America acknowledges that homosexuality is genetic.

I'm genuinely not trying to make a point or anything. Just saying.

EDIT: back on topic, my parents are all-around awesome, but at times I feel that my mother gets overly sensitive about small slights and she just goes on and on...gets a little uncomfortable but you learn to live with it. my dad tends to be nice, but whenever we have a serious argument the way he says stuff is very hurtful.

Last edited by moches; 11-2-2011 at 03:14 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 03:15 AM   #15
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My mom used to be a severe alcoholic. When I had friends over in the past, she'd be sprawled out on the couch, knocked out from drinking so much. I'd point and laugh, but in reality, I was damn embarrassed that she would let herself go like that. She's starting to recover and has been doing well, but it's hard for her to get back into the groove of things.

My dad is a work-aholic. That's probably more of a pet-peeve of mine about him rather than an embarrassment. Only other thing is he doesn't know how to show affection very well and he's VERY hard to communicate with. Other than that, he's the one that I always wanted around. Quite frankly, I miss my dad from before work took over.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 03:17 AM   #16
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Nothing really. My dad tries to be smart once in a while, while he isn't, but that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 03:25 AM   #17
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Every legit medical organization in America acknowledges that homosexuality is genetic.
I don't see this as being true at all, I have no attraction to dick what-so-ever. Maybe her mindset of not liking penis is passed on to me, but I have no homosexual feeling at all. If anything, I'm a tit man, and I'm pretty sure men don't have tits.

PRETTY SURE
Old 11-2-2011, 03:43 AM   #18
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Yo I don't think you're understanding the genetic thing homie. IIRC it has something to do with a smaller or deformed chromosome which doesn't necessarily mean was passed onto you. I think you're thinking of hereditary. All in all your mom being a lesbian isn't something to be embarrassed about. Sure, she stands out for who she is in her own way, but she's still your mom.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I love my mother to death, but she like the dikes and it's kinda awk when we're in public and they're holding hands and stuff.

Also, I understand what'cha mean Korny.
Old 11-2-2011, 07:54 AM   #20
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't see this as being true at all, I have no attraction to dick what-so-ever. Maybe her mindset of not liking penis is passed on to me, but I have no homosexual feeling at all. If anything, I'm a tit man, and I'm pretty sure men don't have tits.

PRETTY SURE
Sorry dude but you're totally wrong/ignorant on this. Homosexuality is largely genetic. Much of the variance is decided from birth -- you don't have much control over which sex you find attractive.

But yeah I think you're confusing "hereditary" with "genetic." Having a homosexual parent doesn't mean you're going to be homosexual yourself, much like having a parent that likes vanilla ice cream doesn't mean you're going to love it too (you might love chocolate). Sexuality and gender identity is complex and it's not that black and white.

It just means that a vast majority of homosexual people have no choice in the matter, much like most heterosexual people have no choice in the matter.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 11-2-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote