Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #101
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: orlando shooting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=auAWT0TNcfg

Not to overuse sam Harris while discussing the issue, but I've been following this particular issue pretty closely for a while now and him and Douglas Murray are some of the very best out there right now speaking honestly about this issue. Islam is the problem, and for those with liberal views especially, I encourage you to really take a step back and just look at this from a slightly different angle. Other variables like reach said can be attributed to what happened, but ultimately islam is the problem, and it is indeed analogous to cutting off the heads of the hydra to address anything else including gun control and mental health.

Last edited by korny; 06-17-2016 at 07:12 PM..
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #102
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
idk how many mass shootings america needs before considering gun control seriously
this isn't rly a gun issue
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #103
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

I'm too lazy to read this whole thing, and also I should do homework, but I don't agree with a few things here. Radical Islam is a problem and should be addressed, but it is not the problem. In the end, the shooter bought his gun easily because of lax gun control laws. This should mainly be a conversation about gun control. Radical Islamists commit terrorist acts, but they are not the biggest threat to North Americans.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

i think someone already linked the pi graph in there right i'm not sure but still this is true

The Middle East has tough laws against homosexuals, but look at Christian African countries too. Same stuff. It's not Islam, it's the fact that the Middle East is mainly ruled by theocratic governments who interpret the religion too literally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r...expression.svg

i would write more but ugh i should've read this yesterday and not while i'm studying for a test gosh darn
maybe i'll do this later but i wanted to put something up before the thread went deddo
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 06-17-2016 at 09:26 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #104
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I'm too lazy to read this whole thing, and also I should do homework, but I don't agree with a few things here. Radical Islam is a problem and should be addressed, but it is not theproblem
Yeah, that seems to be a pretty common problem both being either too lazy and/or uninformed so maybe you should watch any one of the videos posted by myself or reincarnate and tell me what your thoughts are on them before outright saying it is not the problem. The video I just posted is probably best though as it addresses exactly what you just said
Old 06-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #105
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This happened a few days ago:

Non-Muslim, active duty (hopefully not for much longer) USMC.

So this is clearly a topic that covers a broad range of issues ranging from radicalism, mental health, bigotry and to some extent guns and gun regulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #106
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
So this is clearly a topic that covers a broad range of issues ranging from radicalism, mental health, bigotry and to some extent guns and gun regulation.
A random snapchat picture to legitimize your point that the obvious is obvious I.e. Covers broad range of issues as some totally unnecessary obfuscation of the root cause? Is this your stand up act or are you just incredibly self unaware
Old 06-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #107
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
A random snapchat picture to legitimize your point
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...bars/85989868/
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:02 PM   #108
choof
Banned

Quote:

The Middle East has tough laws against homosexuals, but look at Christian African countries too. Same stuff. It's not Islam, it's the fact that the Middle East is mainly ruled by theocratic governments who interpret the religion too literally.
in both middle eastern countries and in christian african countries, you can straight up be fucking murdered for being gay

from what little i've read so far though is that if you interpret the islamic holy book, you're allowed to kill people for being different. idk much, i'm still reading about it

tbh i might pick up a quran

from what i've read in the bible, the old testament allows gays and people who wear abercrombie and fitch to be stoned, but the most popular opinion is that jesus said the old rules were bullshit.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #109
choof
Banned

Quote:
very obvious that this ***ola was not being serious
but fortunately for his peers, the armed forces take shit like this VERY seriously
he'll be kicked out with a less than honorable in a few months
Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #110
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
An article covering the story of a marine who snapchatted a distasteful quite possibly hate speech inspired snapchat to legitimize your point that the obvious is obvious I.e. Covers broad range of issues as some totally unnecessary obfuscation of the root cause? Is this your stand up act or are you just incredibly self unaware

Tl ; dr what are you doing
Old 06-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #111
choof
Banned

does anyone know of a good islamic VN
Old 06-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #112
choof
Banned

i want a gender bent, full package futanari mohamed
Old 06-17-2016, 10:33 PM   #113
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
from what i've read in the bible, the old testament allows gays and people who wear abercrombie and fitch to be stoned, but the most popular opinion is that jesus said the old rules were bullshit.
The important distinction to be made here being that it is incomparably more canonical within the quran than the bible to commit egregious acts in the name of the faith, because in the New testament you have the saving grace of gods son Jesus making it then possible to disregard the need to interpret the old testament literally. Nothing like this exists within the quran.

Something else important to note is that the majority of christians (might only be within the us but pretty sure majority) believe that the second coming of christ will happen within their lifetime, and nothing like this exists within islam either. Waging jihad being synonymous with waging a holy war on all disbelievers, can very easily and perhaps most honestly be seen as the most accurate interpretation of the Quran given that the context of all of this was written during the period upon which Mohammed was waging his own holy wars in the name of the faith.

That being said, and accepting that for what it is, given what's happened elsewhere and now Orlando, neccessitates more than ever the need to have a dialogue about the issue and tbqh, gets exhausting having this conversation with people I know to otherwise share my views on practically anything else.

Last edited by korny; 06-17-2016 at 10:34 PM..
Old 06-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #114
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

do you mean this

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=auAWT0TNcfg

Not to overuse sam Harris while discussing the issue, but I've been following this particular issue pretty closely for a while now and him and Douglas Murray are some of the very best out there right now speaking honestly about this issue. Islam is the problem, and for those with liberal views especially, I encourage you to really take a step back and just look at this from a slightly different angle. Other variables like reach said can be attributed to what happened, but ultimately islam is the problem, and it is indeed analogous to cutting off the heads of the hydra to address anything else including gun control and mental health.
i'm a pretty uninformed person and i'm not actually lazy rn i just literally can't spend a lot of time on this right now. ok maybe i shouldn't have posted because of that but alkfja;fja;djf;

4:05 he says that islamic countries make homosexuals go in hiding more than any other countries in the world. true, but that's because most islamic countries are theocratic, and most middle eastern countries are theocratic for reasons that don't have to do with islam.

9:10. you're quick to overlook this fact and just say that people are being too politically incorrect, but discrimination/hate crimes against muslims is some serious stuff.

"making up islamic hate crimes".. "more hate crimes against jews than muslims"
islamophobia is real. you can't just judge the islamic experience on the number of hate crimes. muslim discrimination worsened markedly post 9/11. i'm not going to look into the veracity of the "making up hate crimes stuff," but look at this.
https://profheitnerracemediaculture....ns-131-146.pdf

arab americans' perception by americans changed post 9/11 because arab american = muslim and muslim -> bad connotation. the whole thing isn't relevant but part of it is and idk you don't have to read the whole thing or anything but at the same time y'no.

allriiiiight this is as far as i got before i reloaded the thread and saw choof's stuff

yeah in islam it has some interesting stuff against homosexuals. but like look at the old testament and how strict that is.
should you really be killed for working on a sunday? no. should muslims kill homosexuals? no.

read the quran though. actually anyone who wants to say they're well-versed in the issue should read it. someone can't condemn a religion without understanding it.

also i made some generalizations in my first post that are a little npc eh ok w/e

yeah now i actually have to go i'm sorry
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 AM   #115
Rojaf
FFR Player

Quote:
Other variables like reach said can be attributed to what happened, but ultimately islam is the problem, and it is indeed analogous to cutting off the heads of the hydra to address anything else including gun control and mental health.
that doesn't even make sense. you can combat radical islam while also reducing suspected terrorists access to guns. they are not mutually exclusive.

why would you only do one?
Rojaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:43 AM   #116
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojaf View Post
that doesn't even make sense. you can combat radical islam while also reducing suspected terrorists access to guns. they are not mutually exclusive.

why would you only do one?
Misspoke. Only meant to say that the prioritizion of Islam reformation should be #1

Last edited by korny; 06-18-2016 at 01:43 AM..
Old 06-18-2016, 03:00 AM   #117
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
well not that they were just BS but that they filled their purpose
Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 AM   #118
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

woops just saw korny addressed that. good stuff

also thot provoking question??? if islam is the religion of peace then how come the extemists arent extremely peaceful?/ checkmate
Old 06-18-2016, 03:51 AM   #119
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I guess if you'd follow their rules they'd be pretty peaceful towards you
Old 06-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #120
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

and vice versa