Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default PS3 is dead (IMO)

Dont know when this happened, but Virtua Fighter 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 have been annouced to be ported to the Xbox360! You can find it at Gamefaqs.com

So now that that's happened, what PS3 games are you intrested in now? I know that the moment VF5 went to Xbox, so did I.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: PS3 is dead (IMO)

There is already a PS3 thread, it's a sticky, why did you make another thread?
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
dead_juggalo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dead_juggalo

Dude, our Wal-mart had 3 PS3's in stock yesterday. I knew the things would die down fast. Wii is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
My father-in-law called me yesterday to tell me he lost the internet. If you find it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Synthlight
dead_juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

I knew the PS3 wouldn't last long. I'm happy for those games to change to 360. It was a good move by them. Also, I was at Wal-Mart a week ago and they had 6 PS3's in stock from someone who either forgot to purchase it or found out that it already sucks and didn't bother to pick them up.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I still like the PS3 because it seems to have the most variety.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

I love how people have started acting like the PS3 died like the Dreamcast when it's only been more than a month since it's been released. Also, you got your information from Gamefaqs. Seriously, what idiot takes Gamefaqs to face anymore?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Hah, if you think the ps3 is going away then you are a moron. Ill admit it has and will still probably have a rough start, but in the long run the ps3 will be amazing. I predict it will do just as good as (or better) than the ps2.

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstrike0159 View Post
Hah, if you think the ps3 is going away then you are a moron. Ill admit it has and will still probably have a rough start, but in the long run the ps3 will be amazing. I predict it will do just as good as (or better) than the ps2.
ROFL.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #9
MCRenaissance
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MCRenaissance Send a message via MSN to MCRenaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstrike0159 View Post
Support your stance, please.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
I love how people have started acting like the PS3 died like the Dreamcast when it's only been more than a month since it's been released. Also, you got your information from Gamefaqs. Seriously, what idiot takes Gamefaqs to face anymore?
I don't see why anyone would compare the PS3's lack of success at launch to the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was pretty successful at launch, and it did fairly well until the PS2 came and destroyed it. The PS3 is just lacking any notable launch games (Resistance: Fall of Man aside), and the console is glitchy right now, just as other recent console launches with sizable hardware advancements.

The rumor of MGS4 being ported to the 360 (note: it would be at a later date than its release on the PS3) has been spread to much wider bounds than just GameFAQs. Should this rumor be true, the future for the PS3 seems pretty bleak.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #11
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
The rumor of MGS4 being ported to the 360 (note: it would be at a later date than its release on the PS3) has been spread to much wider bounds than just GameFAQs. Should this rumor be true, the future for the PS3 seems pretty bleak.
It's only saving grace would be Final Fantasy. It's really not a good sign for Sony that Dragon Quest has become a Nintendo exclusive, and there are talks for a certain Nintendo-exclusive FF game that comes from the main line. Remember, Nintendo and Square used to be inseparable partners, until Nintendo made its mistake with the N64. Things could go back to the way they were very easily....

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #12
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

THERE ARE OTHER GAMES THAN MGS4 AND VF5. Sony has Heavenly Blade, Motorstorm, Lair, Killzone 2, The Darkness, FFXIII, DMC4, and a whole plethora of games I haven't mentioned lined up within the next 1-2 years. So what if they aren't exclusive to Sony? That just means you'll get a better looking experience with the PS3. Sony is going to be able to show that a console shouldn't be judged by franchises alone.

Last edited by Chromer; 12-26-2006 at 10:51 AM..
Chromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Dont know when this happened, but Virtua Fighter 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 have been annouced to be ported to the Xbox360! You can find it at Gamefaqs.com

So now that that's happened, what PS3 games are you intrested in now? I know that the moment VF5 went to Xbox, so did I.
Virtua Fighter probably won't move to the 360 anyways. Virtua Fighter 4 was supposed to move to Xbox 1 as well, but it never happened.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'll be honest with you, I don't think it'll ever be as great as the other Playstations we have so far.

But I still think it's worth it to just buy it once for $500, because think about it, it isn't that terrible considering all of the games you're gonna be buying anyway. If you're the kind of person that only buys like 3-10 games for a system, well, I can see where you're coming from. But I, well, buy a lot, especially for my Sony consoles.

I'm not exactly a hardcore Sony fan, it's just a preference. Like, for example, I'd take Nintendo handhelds over Sony handhelds(well, Sony only really has one).

The thing I do not like is the backwards compatability is really crappy and the images are dumbed down in color and sharpness when playing PS2 games on the PS3.

Last edited by ToshX; 12-27-2006 at 11:11 AM..
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
THERE ARE OTHER GAMES THAN MGS4 AND VF5. Sony has Heavenly Blade, Motorstorm, Lair, Killzone 2, The Darkness, FFXIII, DMC4, and a whole plethora of games I haven't mentioned lined up within the next 1-2 years. So what if they aren't exclusive to Sony? That just means you'll get a better looking experience with the PS3. Sony is going to be able to show that a console shouldn't be judged by franchises alone.
Well, Ive heard that DMC4 was being ported to X360, but I dont have anything to back that one up. if nForcer is right, FF might fly right off the PS3 (Ive heard that one, too). The only big named game that sony has to fall back (even if FFRers dont like it) is Tekken 6, set to be releshed this time next year, with Tekken DR coming out sooner. Since Tkn 6 is changing the basic gameplay (and Tkn5 not being anything new, a la VF4E) I doubt the ps3 will be a hot item. This is just me, of course, the reason I made this was to see if this thoery was correct.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Chromer, honestly, if you owned a 360 and knew some of those games were coming out for both consoles, would you pay $600 for slightly better graphics (maybe)?

I enjoy saving money. I know I wouldn't.

If Sony cannot hold onto exclusives, they don't have a chance. The 360 is already a worldwide console with a pretty large install base for only a year on the market. It's also cheaper and easier to program for.

Put yourself in the developer's shoes. You have a rockin' title coming out and all of your gameplay demos (done on the PC) are getting rave reviews. Are you going to port it to PS3, where it requires 500,000 sold copies to even turn a profit (speaking of which, Resistance hasn't even gotten half of this and it's the top seller) or will you port it to 360, where it requires much fewer sold copies and is much easier to program for? Not to mention that there are already more 360s in households than PS3s and it looks like it's going to stay that way.

For those who call me a Nintendo fanboy, note that this is the first time in this entire post that I've even mentioned Nintendo. I am biased against Sony but only because their track record is HORRIBLE and they show no signs of attempting to fix it.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #17
STD_AIDS
FFR Player

Devil May Cry 4.
STD_AIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD_AIDS View Post
Devil May Cry 4.
Still, that's one game.

let's say there are 10 Ps3 only games that you want.

1 Ps3 w/ 1 controller, tons of bugs= 600 $
1 spare controller for 2-player Tkn= 50 $
10 games= 700$ (10X70)
Memory Cards= 25 $ (hopefully)
Being able to tell your friend that MGS4 looks better for the money=priceless

wow, and since a good bit of those ten are new being ported for like 30 bucks cheaper, Im calling my man Squeek the winner of the thread unless someone makes a pretty good stand.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #19
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Although I don't think the PS3 will be the most succesful of the new consoles It's too early to claim that it's failed.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #20
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Although I don't think the PS3 will be the most succesful of the new consoles It's too early to claim that it's failed.
Now I can agree to that. It is a little early as Sony might have a trick up their sleeve (but if that's true then they better get on it NOW as it's looking bad and once people buy 360's and Wii's then they prob wont buy Ps3 anyway)