Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #441
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

That is so technical that it's bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #442
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

people need to stop worrying about charts being too "technical"

the positive is that you're refining core fundamentals

you can always learn fancy techniques later on or go back to your creative "roots." basics are basics

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #443
intensez
FFR Player

tbh having jumps & 64ths like that always feels dumpy.. i'd try to avoid that pattern
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #444
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post

the positive is that you're refining core fundamentals

you can always learn fancy techniques later on or go back to your creative "roots." basics are basics
tbh I'm trying to find what defines my stepping style. the closest that I have gotten to make it feel that's my definitive stepping style is this file haha. Of course I'll be refining it constantly until I am satisfied with the file, but that spot there is really bugging me because I could just scrap the 64ths & 32nds on that section to make them be freezes as it would still represent that there are a 64th and a 32nd on each of those those triplets or just go back to what I had originally, the 32nds without the 64ths, on that exact pattern. But for sake of the file, I placed it there just to see how it goes. I'll probably play it a few more times, especially that section, and change up the trills (probably change the longer trills to rolls for sake of difficulty moderation & flow). If you want, I can send the file over to you after I revise Mudkip a bit more to see what you think of it.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #445
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Charts are becoming too technical. :P

It doesn't matter to me though as long as they're fun. That's the basis me and Macugraveru always judged on.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #446
codcrille
FFR Player

I just hope files wont become too fun. No fun allowed. On that note I'd like a jolly fella to check on a file I'm almost done with and see if it's fun at all.
codcrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #447
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Things are getting out of hand when you're stepping soundwaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 03-22-2013 at 03:03 PM..
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #448
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
if this qualifies as "kind of true" what doesn't
Only true for someone of my skill level perhaps? If I were to sightread a similar file now, I'd probably find it boring. For the rest of the community that isn't a stepmania masochist -someone who only finds a song fun by playing it on 1.5x- the file has a ton of replay value yes. Hence why I had 'kind of' in italics lol
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #449
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

technically you're always stepping soundwaves ????

ddream just sets them to the sides so you can actually see them as ypu step

on that note, can anyone send me a link to ddream?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #450
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
transparent world
yay fast simfiles. didn't look at it in the editor. pretty fun but very simple, also my edit was the same as heavy? i was so disappointed i expected monsterjumpstream on edit. the patterns in the beginning needs to be mixed up. the solo is really cool except for the first part of it felt weird. the part with the trip 16ths needs to be checked, perhaps it was alright i dunno. the ending trill should be changed somehow because the guitar plays differently towards the end of it. this one has a chance even though it's simple and is mostly 16th stream, because it's challenging and great for scoring but it needs something that stands out a bit more to be accepted. and edit should be HARD!

wings of demise
ok a bit fun file, but this song has suuuperpotential. all the copy paste and the minifreeze 32nd trills needs to go lol. there are obvious errors when just playing it, there are also a bunch of cool piano stuff left out here and there. this file isn't even layered at all really. the solo part with the minijacks could be so much better as well. i would like the second verse and chorus cut out, it repeating 3 times in the file is gay. overall this file is very sloppily made so i won't spend 20 minuetes going it through in the editor until you've spent a LOT more time on this. i think you should cut the song, get rid of the second verse and the chorus, and then make a harder file with proper layering that just goes fucking crazy climax with the layering on the last chorus. this song has sooo much potential, expecting a lot out of this one!
With transparent world when you say the beginning stream needed to be changed up pattern wise, are you referring to the literal first one, or the one directly after the trills following it? (I just want to be 100% sure.) Also, I am unaware if you even glanced at the other difficulties aside from edit and heavy, but were those charts to your standards? I'd like to try and waste as little of your time as possible, so if I can fix them all in one go, I'd rather do so. Thanks.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #451
dascookieman
FFR Player

really nice to hear from you again midnight =) i would love a revision of transparent world!! i don't remember right now where the trill was and what stream i was referring to, but i remember long reoccuring 16th streams that had copy+pasted patterns or were completly copy+pasted to several parts of the simfile?

also regarding the discussion in here... i don't think those patterns necessarily have to be bad at all james may, that could possibly be really cool but it of course completly depends on how it plays. looking forward to your file

being technical with stepping the music accurately is important and shouldn't be dismissed. it can enhance a fun file greatly, stepmania is about hitting arrows going to the music and the better you're able to represent the music the better it feels to play the file. hitting lots of arrows that you can automatically tell are exactly in sync with how the music is playing rules. the most important thing is obviously how much fun a file is to play which is subjective and decided by a lot of different things, but i think making the arrows follow the music in an accurate and obvious way for the player has a part in making it more fun to play
Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #452
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
really nice to hear from you again midnight =) i would love a revision of transparent world!! i don't remember right now where the trill was and what stream i was referring to, but i remember long reoccuring 16th streams that had copy+pasted patterns or were completly copy+pasted to several parts of the simfile?
Yeah sorry about the delay in responding.

This is gonna sound surprising, but I didn't copy paste anything in that chart, I don't even know how to do that in dream studio... /noob :3 My brain is just really repetitive, when something works for me flow wise, I tend to not use variations as much as I'd should. (though the first stream the 4 3 4 parts were 100% intentional as those are the highest notes of what I'm actually stepping, so I wanted a vague sense of PR to be present while somewhat mixing it up, if that makes any sense.) But I'm totally down to rework it without the PR because PR to me is a mere backseat to the flow of the file, which I assume is the reason you want the pattern change is because the flow loses it's touch due to the repetition right?
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #453
dascookieman
FFR Player

no i love the pr actually! played it again now and it's the stream after with the low-pitched guitar shredding that has the same similar patterns over and over that i meant, i see what you did there with the continuous trill patterns and you can keep it that way if you want to. the pr in the clearer parts is great and i strongly encourage it, as long as you don't use the same single pattern over and over, there are often many different ways to represent a musical pattern with pr. it's all about playability, test the file to see what patterns are fun to hit and adjust the pr

the file's main problem is that it has a few parts that i think should be cut out (at least one verse and the end drums that repeat forever) and the solo could be stepped a bit better to make a good climax in the file, and it needs a harder difficulty for sure!

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-22-2013 at 05:39 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #454
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

sent a file
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #455
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Okay, so I have my file in the works. I love it so far, and you're all going to hate it.

Warm regards,
Arch
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #456
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
Okay, so I have my file in the works. I love it so far, and you're all going to hate it.

Warm regards,
Arch
sick can't wait

gonna do reviews saturday or sunday. i wanna try to focus a bit on getting files pending revision accepted

there are a few graphics needed now! here are the songs that need graphics (only songs included ofc)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/heq48l

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-22-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #457
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
you're all going to hate it.
AIM Anthem v2 feat. MorAnchors

EDIT: Sent a file.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 03-22-2013 at 07:31 PM..
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #458
moches
FFR Player

added u DASCOOKIEMAN
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #459
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I sense so much hype for this pack. I can't wait to see this released.
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #460
dascookieman
FFR Player

reviews, still have 8 files left to review

aegis (revision)
accepted because it's cool as hell and amazingly fun to play. superawesome file for scoring

cirnorhtl (revision)
accepted, challenging in a fun and unique way for this pack so far

time out (revision)
i think this is the best file in the pack so far, it's amazingly fun to play, it has everything that makes a file fun. progressive increase in difficulty as the song also builds up, lots of different rhythms, very challenging in different fun ways but still sufficiently consistent difficulty-wise. there are arrows in all direction and all colors all the time yet it's supereasy to tell what everything is going to while playing the file because most of it is the lead piano and it's all so very accurately stepped. the file has a terrific flow throughout except for the very beginning which feels a bit odd to play but it's absolutely fine the way it is.

just a few notes while looking at it, it will of course be accepted no matter what you choose to do.

measure 1-5 it flows badly imo but it's not a big deal
measure 22 it might be errorenous right before measure 23 here?
measure 23 the hands could be color notes obviously, i think it'd be pretty cool?
measure 43 that pattern is pretty hard :P not much you can do about it though i guess, it's fine
measure 53 i don't think you should put steps to the guitar here at the end since you don't keep following it. you can make the quad and the trip color notes instead since it's a very obvious broken chord, here were there aren't any other arrows around it will be cool i think
perhaps a few more 48ths in the last stream, not sure, either way it might get much too stupid

cyberstorm (revision)
made a new cut of the song and sent it back tell me what u think

paradise lost (revision)
accepted. i like it, it's good for scoring but having played the other accepted files a lot today this one isn't as good as most of them. this file is on the verge of being too simple for this pack, but i will accept it because it is fun to score on, any pack could use a couple of files like this one, even though fairly simple and easy

Andskotinn
wtf it's so short? WIP? it was pretty cool but it felt like i never got to the fun part. it's pretty repetetive in the beginning and i understand what you're doing with the mines, it seems well-made and i can appreciate it, but the result is that the file only becomes challenging by having mines to be avoided in a repetetive part of the file. i'm assuming this is a wip and you are gonna step more of the song?

bonecrusher
it's too long and pretty repetetive because each section of the song is so long and it basically has the same rhythms all the way through them. it isn't that difficult of a file either, it's fun in the beginning but then it gets old pretty quickly and i feel like something else just needed to happen in the song somewhere to make it a good enough file for this pack. but it seemed very accurately stepped and the patterns were usually very good to hit.

Chronos
really fun. it's awesome how it gets progressively harder all the time until the last part. really fun to play and score on. i think the first part with the crazy color notes and a section between the two crazy color note-parts should have a lot less freezes though, i understand that it makes the file more varied but i think it's a bit too much and it becomes a bit annoying to play while the rest of the file has such a great flow.

city lights rough twilight club mix
by far and away much too easy for this pack, it isn't the least bit challenging compared to the other files submitted to the pack, i'm looking for a lot more arrows :P. btw the xylophone or whatever instrument it is that plays during the freezes when they start off is playing 24ths.

eater merry
good job it seemed very well-made and but it's a bit simple and i just wish something else would happen in the song. it's gets progressively harder nicely but it would need one more harder part after it's over to be really good i think. the beginning is cool and the part with the bassdrum being so dominantly stepped was cool. in the parts with all the 32nds and throughout the file in general i don't think the freeze usage is very good, i think it messed up the reading and makes it unnecessarily complicated in a not-so-fun way. i think the file would have a lot more flow with less freezes or perhaps making them shorter but i'm not generally always a fan of that. also there was some pattern with green arrows in the harder part towards the end which felt a bit awkward to hit

Gallows
i liked the beginning before the first verse and the end. overall it is much too repetetive and a bit boring. i wish there was a cool solo section in the song so that we could cut the song and limit the repetetive parts. but right now the repetetive parts are almost all there is in this file and it gets old real quick. that long 24ht stream going to the single repeating guitar notes isn't all that great to begin with imo and it comes back 3 times in the file as the only real challenging part of the file just because of it being so long and repetetive

Ilias
good flow and some parts a pretty cool, but overall it's too simple and easy for this pack, there just isn't a lot of action in the file.

Narcolepsy
made a new cut of the song and sent it back tell me what u think

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-23-2013 at 04:08 PM..