Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-4-2008, 10:41 PM   #21
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Flash Flash Resistance

Posted in new post so it's easier to read
Chapter 1: Trippy Trip from Moon to Earth

The world wasn't always a life and death struggle between the forces of light and darkness. Exactly one year ago, Brad, Seth and Eileen were just three regular teens, a ragtag bunch of friends, living in the simple town of Synthlight, who would rather curl up with a nice glove at the fire than fight the hordes of the underworld. In fact, most of the world was like this at the time. Death Piano was nothing more than a child's story to frighten them at a campfire, while the existence of Shashakiro was debatable. There was no need to recruit teenagers in a fight that would decide the fate of the finger race.

They all went to Carlos High. CH was founded after one the town's heroes, Carlos, gave his life defending against invading Thumbs from Gaussia. He himself was a Thumb, but had learned to love and be loved by everyone around him. It was senior year at CH, and life couldn't be better for the trio. Brad and Eileen had been together for about 2 years now and were known around school as high school sweethearts. Seth was captain of the lacrosse, baseball, basketball, and football team, and had a rockin' hot Pinky as his girl. The school itself was very diverse, with all different races of fingers. Indexes talking with Middles, Even Pinkies talking with Thumbs, and so on and so forth.

It was your typical Wednesday afternoon; the sun was brightly shining, the school was noisy with talk of who likes who and what happened where at last night's party. Seth was giving a particularly.... detailed explanation to Brad and Eileen of what he did with his Pinky at that party when the earth beneath their base began to shake.

"WTF?!" Seth exclaimed, as he fell into a compromising position in front of Brad.
"I don't know man," Brad offered, "I don't think I've ever heard of an earthquake in this part of the country...." As if his ominous observation itself summoned the beginning of the end, a fissure opened CH from the bottom up, almost like a reverse can opener. Whole classrooms began disappearing into the void. Half-finished lunches were quickly abandoned as widespread panic ensnared the entire school.

Quick-witted Eileen instinctively grabbed her brother and love and hastily rushed away from the void that was quickly growing in the center of the school.

"Once we get a safe distance away we can assess the situation and form a plan later." she proposed. "Right now, Plan: GTFO is our number one priority."

Once safely outside the archway of the school, as if the situation couldn't get worse, vague shapes began teeming out of the center of destruction. As they dispersed, these visions of terror began to magnify the already hectic atmosphere.

"Wha-what ARE those things?" even the level-headed Brad stuttered.

"It's like something out of a horror movie, but believable!" Dan, their classmate, chimed. He quickly grabbed several pieces of shrapnel lying about and tossed them at the feet of his three friends, whom quickly picked them up. "I don't like the look of these guys, so we should be prepared for the worst." And the worst did come. It came hard, fast, strong, and made everyone's jaws open.

A particularly "beautiful" vision of disgust came crawling out of the hole.

"PREPARE FOR THE END, FOR LORD DEATH PIANO WILL BRING TOTAL AND UTTER DESTRUCTION INTO THIS PITIFUL EXISTENCE THAT IS PHALANGEA!" the being bellowed. "I am his 1st Commander, Moontrip, and you will not survive this day! Go straight to hell! Do not pass GO, do not collect 200$!" With that he sent what they later found out were Stroms, and the four friends fought desperately to survive their surprise encounter. Though they were fearsome to behold, they were awfully slow, almost like zombies, and with their combined efforts managed to fend off their foes.

"Must I do everything myself!?" Moontrip sputtered, enraged, and began barraging the band of brethren with a sudden ferocity that startled the team.

"GWAH!" Dan squawked as he took a deep wound to the crotch. "I haven't had this many boos since I got into that tragic boating accident!"

Seth, riddled with boos, some so deep to be classified as misses, made a final last stand.

"You come into OUR world, destroy OUR friends, and expect to just waltz out of here unscathed? We fingers of Phalangea will never let anyone destroy this peace we have so long strived for! OUR HOPE WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL!" With that, a strange symbol began shining on his forehead. First it was dim, then crescendoed until it was so bright that Moontrip was temporarily blinded. And with that, the team yelled "THIS IS PHALANGEA!" and delivered a killing blow that brought the fearsome Moontrip to his knees.

"Kahahahahaakekekekee." Moontrip cackled, "This is but the beginning you fools! I am but the weakest of the denizens of hell! You can't possibly hope to resist destiny! We will prevail *cough cough cough*.....I will......prevail....."

Last edited by qrrbrbirbel; 11-5-2008 at 12:56 AM..
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2008, 12:32 AM   #22
Nu0n
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nu0n

rofl "do not pass go do not collect 200$" HAHAHAHA
Old 11-5-2008, 08:32 AM   #23
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

hahahah QRRBIRB. This is the exact same thing I posted about years ago on how me and my friend would do this on DDR. Make stories with levels/bosses based off of the songs of DDR. I totally took it down cus people like Tibs and others would bash the idea and link back to the post to be a dick and **** with me.

Cool idea. Gotta take the time to read it though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
It's cheesy and lacks elaboration. The story probably won't hold for a long time, and the references make me shiver (in a bad way).

Also fanfic.
Totally try playing these songs with all of the references to the arrow patterns in mind.

Me and my friends would be like "OKOKOK EVERYTIME ITS A LEFT ARROW ITS A PUNCH FROM THE BOSS..." or "EVERYTIME ITS A JUMP WHILE WE ARE RUNNING WE ARE DODGING SOMETHING."

Try going throughout the songs and doing what Qrb says. Its pretty amusing.
People are afraid to use their imagination when they are older cus its "Cheeeeesyyy". Life is
a lot more fun when you stop thinking about what is "lame" or not.

Eh? Who cares. Lots of things are cheesy. Hitting arrows to dance/rock music is cheesy. Its all a matter of preference. Tis people like you who make people who really enjoy themselves refrain from doing so.

Last edited by Sir_Thomas; 11-5-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Can we just get an FFR slashfic.

Thanks.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2008, 06:53 PM   #25
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

fanfic
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2008, 07:00 PM   #26
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

penis in mowflorgwaorfmngnnnngnnng
Old 11-5-2008, 07:29 PM   #27
wickedawesomeful
Carls, Girls, & Drugs
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to wickedawesomeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Guru View Post
Ok! So this is what I was I thinking, the story needs originality right? (Or else critics like Chaz and Temote will just ruin on your parade for coming up with "the same stuff".)

You've got everything set up so far that'll make a good FFR-based novel, but still missing a few alignments to juice it up, ya know, like adding music, or actual drawn characters.

But, how can you add music on forums? You dont. Paste a link that will run a music file and it would play as we read through the story.

So, where do we get drawn characters? Not to worry, I have a friend that specializes in art. He'll be more than happy to be part in your quest of tales.

I kinda have a good feeling that this is going to turn out to be a great storyline, but guys, try to be a bit more supportive?
Both of these things have already been done by GotR sorry
Old 11-5-2008, 09:32 PM   #28
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
"Come on Eileen!"
Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Last edited by Svaz; 11-5-2008 at 09:39 PM..
Svaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2008, 10:09 PM   #29
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

MURDER CURSEo
Old 11-6-2008, 05:58 AM   #30
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Seth is walking
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 04:45 PM   #31
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Wait no I'm not shut up.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 05:24 PM   #32
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I almost made a reference to DDR ALL THE WAY

Man, I'm old.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2008, 06:17 PM   #33
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran

Chapter 2: Birth of the Resistance

"Last we saw our four heroes, they experienced a frightful and surprising encounter by Moontrip. He identified himself as a commander from Death Piano, a being that up until now had been a fairy tale. Unlike the story, the group received no rescue, leaving them with nothing but their wits and own strength to barter their lives with."

"Where do we go from here?" Seth questioned, still shaken from the hellish encounter. Bits of memories and classrooms lay scattered about his feet. Peaceful time, seemingly nothing but an echo now.

"Where CAN we go?" Dan cynically retorted. "I did some scouting ahead, and it's like this everywhere I went. It seems like this was a full-scale attack."

While the rest of the team stared into space, set to autopilot by the horrifying turn of events, Eileen was racking her intellect, forming a plan.

"Well, DP seems cocky enough to just send his weakest troops, so I'm guessing there should be more survivors." She deduced. "Our first priority should be finding those survivors and combining our efforts until we figure out the 'why' of this equation." Brad brimmed with pride seeing his girl take action.

"Agreed," Seth concurred, "we should start heading north, and from there...."

"I won't be continuing on with you guys..." Dan interrupted. "I.....I need to return to my home town and make sure my folks are okay." The anguish was apparent on his face. He had left home when he was just 16. His parents had wanted him to quit school and start into the family bubble wrap business. "Look at all this boy, all of this glorious bubble wrap will be yours someday." his father lectured. He remembered the sorrow in his own heart seeing the pride and joy in his father's eyes, as Dan knew he could never follow in those lollerskates.

"Go." Brad allowed, compassion in his eyes. "Don't be a stranger though, we'll need you if we're going to survive this.... well whatever this is!"

"Oh don't you worry," Dan boomed heartily, "I'll come back serving bowls of ass-kick 24/7." And with that, Dan began moonwalking the long trek home.

"Alright, let's move." Seth ordered. The team traveled north, seeing similar destruction sites all over Synthlight. They helped who they could, and questioned those well enough to stand. They deduced that the town was only hit by Moontrip, judging from the descriptions the other survivors gave.

As the inquired about a group of middle school student's trauma, a massive shadow passed over the group's heads. Instinctively, they grabbed what makeshift weapons were available to them and looked up. Just as quickly as they were picked up, the weapons clattered to the ground out of the trembling hands that held them. What the group saw sent their emotions into a clusterf*ck.

"I am He who is He. I am Shashakiro and you have been chosen." the god boomed. His voice gave them a feeling akin to the mixture of please and loss of bladder control they got riding a roller coaster. The sight of his body made them reverent and horny at the same time, sending them even deeper into confusion.

"These are troubling times. Death Piano has risen once again, and he's totally butthurt about being vanquished those many years ago. As a result, he's taking it out on you, my creations. You fingers must stand together or all will be lost. This won't be easy. Hell, you'll most likely all perish trying..." Shash quickly caught himself as he saw the widespread looks of despair he was creating. "I mean...uh....I have bitchin' weapons for you three!" The chosen, like kids at a candy store, quickly forgot everything else around them with the mention of "weapons for you".

"Seth, you shall be my warrior. Reflexes of a puma, strength of a walrus, you will toss your foes into a blender of oblivion with your hack n' slash sword work." Shash bestowed a Sword of Slashing unto Seth, giving him +5 to his Kickass.

"Eileen, you shall be my archer. Filling enemies to the brim with arrows, the battlefield will look like a cracked-out voodoo priest went a-wall on his dolls." He then bestowed unto Eileen the Bow of AOD, giving her near perfect accuracy.

"And Brad, you will be my tank. A shield of meat, you take ridiculous amounts of damage, but deliver it tenfold back unto the enemy." And with that, the last weapon was given to Brad. The Spearmint Spear was imbued with the power of frost, slowing down the enemy while keeping Brad feeling minty fresh.

"I must return to the heavens now, I forgot to TiVo Pokemon Johto. I will visit you again once you have proven yourselves worthy. 'Til then, be well, and never let all our base belong to enemy! Err......the enemy. Later guys." The ground shook once more with Shash's departure.

"Well, now that that's over," Seth said, a little glint in his eye, "it's time to kick ass and chew bubble-gum, and I'm all out of gum."

Last edited by qrrbrbirbel; 11-7-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Old 11-7-2008, 08:03 PM   #34
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Chosen by Shash...LOL.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2008, 09:57 PM   #35
Zeus55005
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Zeus55005

No thanks.
Zeus55005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2008, 12:49 AM   #36
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran

Chapter 3 should be up late tonight/early morning.

Also, if you don't like the story, please explain why, like KgZ. Stuff like "fanfic" doesn't really help me improve. This is my first story, so constructive criticism is VERY helpful. Also, please don't spam in my thread, this is for discussion/ideas for the story.
Old 11-9-2008, 04:22 AM   #37
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran

Chapter 3: "Will I dream Dave?"

It had been one full month since the heroes met Shash and obtained the means to survive… at least for now. The Resistance was firmly established, comprised of the survivors of Synthlight and its neighboring towns and cities. Although they were small, they posed a growing threat to DP and his dastardly deeds.

"Alright, what do we have today?" Seth inquired, wondering about new enemy movement. It was routine to check for any and all danger holes that had breached from the underworld. Nothing new, enemy-wise, had sprung up within the last month. Seth was both worried and grateful for that.

"We have an unusually large amount of holes opening up,” stated Brad. “I don't know if DP is strengthening his attack or if this is some new part of his plan."

Brad had taken on the role of a strategist at the Resistance, giving orders for food retrieval, weapons and so on. He left the military action to Seth, however, as he thought Seth was a natural-born leader.

Brad examined the area around him. “Either way…” he continued. “We should have enough troops to cover all of these holes while keeping our front and rear protected."

"Agreed," stated Eileen firmly. "Where is the most seismic activity reported?"

"Hmmm,” Brad said, slightly furrowing his brow. “It looks like it centers around Frictional, Nevada. It would be about a three-hour drive before we would get there."

Frictional was another town that was hit hard by the first wave of attacks. They were the nearest Resistance HQ to Frictional, with a grand total of 3 HQ spread across Phalangea. Brad, Eileen and Seth were the leaders of Synth HQ. Brian and Dan were the leaders of Nuon HQ, and Steve was leader of Tera HQ.

"Alright, everyone. I want two groups sent north, two sent east, one sent west, and we will be going south to Frictional." Seth ordered. "Report once all signs of hostile persons are eliminated. Mount up and let's move!"

With that, Seth, Eileen and Brad mounted their rocket-powered Segways and headed towards the fight at Frictional.

As Brad had predicted, they arrived there three hours later, and were horrified at the scene in front of them. The destruction was double what they were normally used to. The enemies looked almost the same, though they were slightly larger, and looked a hell of a lot more pissed off than usual.

"I thought you would come, pitiful fingers!" A voice said from atop a roof, the building itself cleaved in half. As the team looked up, their weapons drawn, they saw something even more ferocious than Moontrip, and that was saying something.

"Who are you?!" Seth demanded, teeth gritting with both fear and preparation for the upcoming battle.

The entity shone down on them with superiority. "Why, that's simple! I am Comduream, Death Piano's 2nd and finest Commander!" Comduream spouted, arrogance seeping out between his fangs as he spoke. "You thought Moontrip was a tough cookie? HAH! He was a pushover. You had better be prepared to turn wet and messy!"

Seth began battle preparations as Comduream sent his first and second waves of troops towards the group at once. He sent himself and Brad charging in, alternating blows using a Phalanx formation, while Eileen mopped up those they could not hit fast enough with her lightning-speed firing.

Brad caught the third group charging them out the corner of his eye just in time, and narrowly prevented him and his allies from getting flanked.

"HARD LEFT!" Brad shouted, a code he and Seth came up with to deal with situations like these. With rehearsed precision and finesse, Brad and Seth quickly created a whirlwind of death in front and to either side of them, forcing the charging groups to retreat slightly.

"It's a good thing we actually leveled up before trying anything like this, huh?" Brad questioned, which Seth returned with a laugh and a nod.

"Eileen, I want you to concentrate on getting Comduream off of that roof. Brad and I will force this motley crew back and keep them at bay," Seth commanded, Eileen already a few paces away before letting him finish.

"Alright, you stupid pig-dog," Eileen provoked. "Get down here and fight us fair and square!" Arrows flew past the commander's head, Comduream dodging with ease and grace.

"It will take more than arrows to defeat me, you puny little girl," Comduream sputtered. With ease, he threw massive boulders onto the fear-paralyzed Eileen. She waited for the death fast approaching her, able to do nothing aside from ponder her life up until this point.

"Meat shield at your service!" Brad shouted as he threw himself on top of Eileen. He received most of the damage, saving Eileen's life. "You really must be more careful, madam.”

Blushing, Eileen retaliated, "You just wanted an excuse to throw yourself on me, you horny pervert."

"Regroup!" Seth abruptly shouted. "Most of his underlings have either been vanquished, immobilized, or running for their lives. I say we strike now. Eileen and Brad, you stay at ground level while I attempt to climb through that cleaved building he called base on."

"Agreed," Brad and Eileen said in unison. The two of them did as Seth suggested, and rather well. Seth did his best to traverse the inside of the building, fighting his loss of balance almost as hard as he fought the sentries ordered to remain inside the building. Finally emerging from the cleavage of the building, Seth sprinted toward Comduream in hopes of catching him off-guard. A smack to the face that sent him sprawling to the ground made him immediately regret his decision to do so.

"Foolish finger, my senses are heightened with DP's power, making me near-invincible!" Comduream boomed, a devilish and crooked grin on his face. Comduream was the spitting image of a story mothers would tell their children – a story about how vanity makes someone ugly. Breath akin to that of a bog, teeth neglected and falling out, he was a rather fit example what someone would look like after taking over 9000 lashes with a jagged stick.

The hero and villain played cat and mouse, neither one of them landing a hit. With countless parries and blocks, they were both more tired than hurt. At last, Brad and Eileen managed to demoralize the rest of Comduream's forces and headed up the fissured building.

"Do you truly think that, even with your forces combined, you'll be able to defeat me!? THE SECOND COMMANDER OF DEATH PIANO DOES NOT LOSE!!!" he shrieked, and went into a berserker of rage and slightly damaged pride. Slabs of concrete were being split and demolished into rubble. The party narrowly escaped with their lives numerous times during this brawl.

With a little bit of quick thinking, Brad threw himself towards the thrashing Comduream, sliding on his heavy armor, looking to trip the rage-filled demon. With either the help of Shash or sheer luck, he managed to succeed, tripping Comduream and causing the demon to injure himself in confusion. The rest of the party was on him like white on rice and quickly ended his life, leaving him no time to give one of his evil-plot-you'll-never-succeed rants before his death. This was fortunate for them, as they frankly grew quite tired of those rants.

"Well," Brad sighed. "It looks like that's commander numero dos. At this rate, we'll have Death Piano taken care of in no time!"

Joy masking their battle-induced pain, the trio hopped on their segways and rode off into a particularly cliché sunset.

Last edited by qrrbrbirbel; 11-10-2008 at 06:27 AM..
Old 11-9-2008, 07:47 AM   #38
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson63 View Post
why are you negative in every single post you make... it's annoying
Why are you so amazingly bad at posting...it's annoying.
Seriously though, I'm going to have to take the sides of Verruckter and KgZ. It's too cheesy. Some stories can make you forget about their cheesiness because they're just so damn entertaining, but this isn't one of them; I felt bored with it.
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2008, 09:10 AM   #39
csoup1414
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I seriously love this =]
Old 11-9-2008, 10:03 AM   #40
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran